PDA

View Full Version : NC2 Performance for slow PCs

Yin
22-10-04, 00:30
Have a question, that is related to the fact i have to play from my notebook wich have
1.5 Athlon CPU
256 RAM
ATI Mobility U1 (Radeon chip) graphic card with 24 MB Video memory.
2.5 GB Swap

Obviliously not enoth in point of RAM and Video memory.

Question is, how to improve performance of the game, in price of graphic quality or something to make normal FPS that would allow to aim normaly (its good at dungeons, but at OP combat aiming becomes barely impossible since mouse cursors moves not smoth and game frezes for small times, i have 1mbit DSL Fastpath connection, so from that point it is ok :).

Also, i am playint at 800*600 ( would change it to 640*480 if that would be possible :( )
Model details on minimum - i played Quake 1, i know how they looks like, its enoth to see them once in "full" quality.
Distance of Fog and Object blend on MAX - lowering would probaly improve performance, but those two are survival needed in the wastelands.
Music OFF when at PvP.

Hardware TL... enable or disable? what would be better on card with 24mb VRAM?

Also, is there any other way to speed up it? No matter if it will make it look like horror - change something in config, some ingame graphic e.t.c. consol commands?

Need your help here :)

Ozambabbaz
22-10-04, 01:19
u gotta check up with ur GFX chip if it has hardware T&L or not and set accordingly, usually software modes eat up more system ressources than hardware ones. dunno much about trimming NC, other than force fog on helps alot and lowering the slider when in OP battles is very nice for performance.

otherwise i'd try to;

driver check

run thru driver settings and lower as much as possible

lower amount of sound channels

turn off hardware not in use in device manager

trim OS

turn of all other background progs

save up for a better one :(

Xylaz
22-10-04, 02:04
forget about the video card, its another KK's lie.

its really all about cpu and ram memory.

but i dont have any tips how to increase it, as NC2 performance is 3x times worse than NC1 it seems and even I, with p4 2.8 Ghz and 1 Gb ram have like 20-30 fps in average, dropping down to 5-10 (unplayable) with more people on. In NC 1 i got like 70-90 constant fps...

Only thing i can think of is to try and run NC client in high priority - it helped ALOT in NC1, increasing stability and performance of my old celeron 1.8 over 50%!

havent tried it in NC2 so i cannot tell for sure, but its worth to try

JustIn_Case
22-10-04, 15:16
Set Anti-A to OFF in your gfx driver.

Check "Control panel->Administrative tools->Services" if you can find
any services you can stop/kill (depends on OS).