PDA

View Full Version : How to switch...

ridec
21-10-04, 19:26
How to switch from Pro-city to DoY? I don't know if anyone did start a thread like this, just couldn't find it, even if i searched, but help please...

Thx in adv.

SynC_187
22-10-04, 10:57
Kill all your pro city friends ;)

Lucius Drake
22-10-04, 11:19
The main problem with switching from Pro to Anti or Anti to Pro is the fact that if you Symp kill your Soulight gets screwed. One possible way is to go through the usual symp killing get your (probably -99) soulight then get a Canyon apartment and do Raptor missions untill you can go out in public again.

Bit long winded and not a very pleasant way to do it but possible. If anyone knows a better way to do this please post here as due to the Saturn rollback i couldnt change my chars around and am getting bored as hell.

LD

Bugs Gunny
22-10-04, 11:41
There is an easy way... It invloves another pro city char to kill, and yet another pro city char with red red sl..... Think.

So three people in the room, You, noob CA, and red sl CA

Genji
22-10-04, 12:18
...switch to city merc...then to desired anti-city faction :cool:

Edit: except TG, you'll have to go to another anti-city then to TG :lol:

MasterBee
22-10-04, 12:19
...switch to city merc...then to desired anti-city faction :cool:

Edit: except TG, you'll have to go to another anti-city then to TG :lol:

If you switch to CM, you're stuck... As you can't kill procity runners for symp.

MaGn0lia
22-10-04, 12:34
It is ment to be hard to get to change sides, but one side movement from doy to nc than nc to doy.

MasterBee
22-10-04, 12:46
It is ment to be hard to get to change sides, but one side movement from doy to nc than nc to doy.

That's fine, but due to saturn rollback i lost my faction change...

Genji
22-10-04, 13:09
If you switch to CM, you're stuck... As you can't kill procity runners for symp.

Your not stuck, you just have to do boring missions for sym... This is the NON red SL option here. Which BTW would be just as time consuming as raising you red SL since it will probebly be pretty low anyway.

Edit: Oh, and killing pro-city runners as CM would be about the same as killing pro-city runners as pro-city.

Darkana
22-10-04, 13:17
You always have to option for research missions. Contrary to kill missions they are fast and you don't need to bug a researcher over and over like you would need for lets say construct missions.

So beside symp killing & SL killing or the way via CM I read about a third choice, which is done as a run/quest. But that's all I know about it :(

LiL T
22-10-04, 15:17
Pease of piss kill 3 CM's and whatch your TG symp fly up to around 30 plus then do missions for TG

Glok
22-10-04, 15:18
Missions onoz! 8|

LiL T
22-10-04, 15:23
There is an easy way... It invloves another pro city char to kill, and yet another pro city char with red red sl..... Think.

So three people in the room, You, noob CA, and red sl CA

That don't work since you don't lose SL or faction symp for killing red sl players but it is so easy as I found out when I accidently hit 3 CM's with my proto tank. My TG symp went up to about 38 plus and if I do missions for TG it will rasie all my doy symps up

OpTi
22-10-04, 17:57
do guards in either city shoot factionless runners?

ROZZER187
22-10-04, 18:16
Pease of piss kill 3 CM's and whatch your TG symp fly up to around 30 plus then do missions for TG

best idea so far :D

except make sure you do tg missions where there are no tgs, and take a ppu with ya to tg hq when you go to change faction

Konrad McKenzie
22-10-04, 18:21
You must all also bear in mind that you still have to get to the HQ of the faction in question to sign up. So if you have just killed some CM's to get the sympathy for TG if you're still pro city and not a spy with stealth you are gonna have fun getting to the TG HQ.

Hence it being easier to go CM and THEM go pro/anti city.

Kon

ROZZER187
22-10-04, 18:26
You must all also bear in mind that you still have to get to the HQ of the faction in question to sign up. So if you have just killed some CM's to get the sympathy for TG if you're still pro city and not a spy with stealth you are gonna have fun getting to the TG HQ.

Kon

^^ thats what im thinkin to, i remember been black dragon and going fa, took nearly all of ssc 30mins to help me change faction :lol:

rabidfurball
22-10-04, 18:46
The Psi Spider Master Guy in Red Point now asks you if you want to join Chran, so I am guessing that you can join Chran from Point Red, provided you have the right sympathy. This would be much easier then other methods of becoming doy. Someone should check if this actually works. Theres also another pro city guy standing right next to him who ::possibly:: lets you change to nc, although i did not talk to him.

LiL T
23-10-04, 02:59

Kon

hehe not if your factionless mate ;)

As long as you don't have -99 symp with the anti city factions the gaurds should not fire at you as factionless is neutral or allied to all not sure if this is classed as a bug. But it does seem the easyest way just kill a few of your own faction and you will be booted from it

Killfly
24-10-04, 03:06
I've been wondering about all this too...

Is FA HQ in DoY now, rather than TH ?

I could probably try the stealth thing - like, just stealth into the city, hide, stealth into HQ and right-click the Human Resources guy or something ?

And u need 50 symp and 300k, right ?

Killfly
24-10-04, 04:26
You always have to option for research missions.

Don't you usually have to report to someone in the faction HQ for these kind of misisons ? That wouldn't work if you're trying to change to a hostile (to your current faction) faction...

Tupac
25-10-04, 12:32
hey konrad like ur sig u cheeky git :p i wasnt aware of 14k being a clan on pluto prior to me making it also but hey we did ok and owned a few op's so at least i didnt let the name down :p and as for ridec u joinin Anti City to join DarK :)