PDA

View Full Version : advanced setup

Xylaz
21-10-04, 13:18
I've finally decided to make my last reroll in NC and start playing one class for a little longer than 1-2 months. After trying around 40 different class/variations (read: rerolls) i've set up 4 chars for permament use.

- 4 spies that is (after thinking thoroughly about it i dont think any other class is really interesting to me...) and i'm finding that i suck with them pretty much actually :p but its just a matter of practise i guess...

But about the setups. I need some tips.

*How much viable will be moveon/str 2 booster setup without an mc5 (with SS instead)? Do i have the chance to cap dmg on high tl rifles? How much r-c i will need for this? Around 180 i assume?

*How much viable would be 3 drug setup for a pistol spy? With low agility and athletics but maxed resists? (redflash for speed, beast for speed/str, nightspider for shelt)

*and the third tip i need is for a pure sniper setup, preferably without drugs. This one is tricky for me. Currently i'm trying to make a maxi resists setup - with capped fire/enrgy/xray resists (well, almost capped) - i can have around 150-170 with each resist, but at the cost of the HP and athletics (drugs would help here... mhhmm). He got 0 in body health so its around 100-150 hp. Good for healing, but my resists arent completed without heavy belts, so i'm not sure if this will be a good way.
I've seen such setups on saturn, one of the BD spies got such low hp setup, but his resists was ... wierd. He would take 20-25 dmg from full CS bursts, 15 dmg from HL, 15-20 dmg from FA. I'm not really sure if this is possible (well, it is... somehow) and viable, because right now, with the use of medium belts my main problem is when i got hit with a burst weapon my legs are always out and i'm dieing too fast.

so... any tips?

Xylaz
21-10-04, 22:08
ok i've spoken with kurai and he convinced me to drop away the low hp setup ... So, i'm adjusting it atm - i'll try to aim at 300 hp w/o buffs, though resists will be lowered...

Dribble Joy
22-10-04, 02:32
300 is (imo) still a bit low.
I would go for 350-400 as a minimum (especially for a drugger).

ridec
22-10-04, 06:44
Dribble that would destroy his resist setup, whats wrong with 33x with buff (self casted)? If you see your spotted, take your stealth tool and run like a bitch :eek:

Dribble Joy
22-10-04, 15:45
Well...

Banged this out in a few seconds.
Kinda low on the RC front though.

rifle1, spy1, br2, beast, rf and NS.

sultana
22-10-04, 16:27
No stealth 3/Oblit dribble? :rolleyes: Personally I'd try and hit 185 or more rc, and you could easily lom the weapon lore down to 150 or so and take up hacking. The con looks cool though :)

Dribble Joy
22-10-04, 17:04
The dex/int setup was just shoving in a few numbers almost at random, main emphasis is on the con.
There are better ones out there, just demonstrating the spies don't have shit resists.

Sigma
22-10-04, 18:11
Spy

INT:104 Base:100
HCK:111 Base:86
PSU:90 Base:80
WEP:174 Base:126

DEX:120 Base:100
R-C:195 Base:141
T-C:95 Base:73
AGL:88 Base:49

STR:50 Base:40
TRA:75 Base:75
FOR:87 Base:79

CON:46 Base:40
BodyHealth:338
ATL:67 Base:42
HLT:95 Base:52
FIR:52 Base:52
ENR:55 Base:55

PSI:25 Base:20
PSI-Pool:59
PPU:56 Base:56
MST:31 Base:31
PPW:4 Base:4

Implants:
BIOTECH (M.O.V.E.O.N) CPU
Distance Weapon CPU 3
MC5 Synaptic Accelerator CPU
Special Forces CPU
Rifle Combateye 3
Experimental Heart 1
Strength Booster 2
Crahn Power Gauntlet

Biotech Antigamma Headbone
Bat Queen Chestenforcment
Biotech Antigamma Armenforcement
Biotech Antigamma Legenforcement
Experimental Footenforcement

Armor:
Inquisitionhelmet 1
Power Infiltrationsuit v S-256
Heavy Energy Protection Belt
Inquisitiontrousers 1
Light-Inquisitionboots

Buffs:
Crahn Rifle Combat Booster 1
Crahn Basic Resist Booster 2
Crahn Spy Booster 1

Drugs:
Nightspider
Redflash
XStrong

Armor:
Piercing: 181
Force: 163
Fire: 120
Energy: 120
Xray: 162
Poison: 5

Protection:
Piercing: 74,8%
Force: 73,84%
Fire: 70,71%
Energy: 70,71%
Xray: 73,78%
Poison: 3,33%

If I ever made a CombatRifler, he would look like this.

Xylaz
22-10-04, 19:16
here's mine drugged one, still i'm not sure if 315 hp will be ok, but i just need to check that in practise, my main problem is - as always - lack of mc5.
(pics below - standard moveon+str 2 booster setup + 3 drugs, inq armor and h. energy belt)

but you know, making a 3drugged setup is not a problem really. What i'm interested in really is how to make a non drugged setup with at least decent resists (well, nightspider would be optional, but i'm not really sure if it's possible to avoid drugging for str/speed)

Sigma
22-10-04, 19:51
It is possible to avoid drugging, except the obvious Nightspider, but you will lose on your weaponstats.

Xylaz
22-10-04, 20:07
It is possible to avoid drugging, except the obvious Nightspider, but you will lose on your weaponstats.

moveon+zerk2+str2 would be viable only for PE/RoG setup without drugs...
but yes, that's my problem - lack of mc5 dammit! That's why i'm looking for something instead, to be able to cap high end rifles and have enough resists to survive more than 3 hits without drugs.

One idea is taken from NC1 kami era, con resist consists only athletics and body health (around 450 hp), another is the hybrid one with additional 50 energy resists. Both setups would be without drugs or additional str imps besides moveon, defenses: capped speed, 400+ health and (additionally) 120 in energy resists. All looks good but i fear that lack of fire resist will be a pain

nobby
22-10-04, 21:14
so how do u sort out the massive effect from drugging...

Xylaz
22-10-04, 21:24
so how do u sort out the massive effect from drugging...

by relogging

another setup which just have popped into my mind, is with the use of dragon drugs, but the question is whether they last the same amount of time as lvl 5 drugs (beast, nightspider etc)?

If the answer is yes, than I suppose i could manage to make a setup based only on one dragon drug (fire resist) + nightspider optionally.
On the other hand dragon drug setup would be a nice option for non capped - lvling/pvping spies (because as we all know spies resists are baaaaaad without heavy belt)

Dribble Joy
23-10-04, 02:04
Dragon drugs are... ikky.
-50 hlt is rarely if ever worth the resist gain (even with my kami setup I had).
And even with 150 in resist, you will still need armour beyond that (as resist armour bonus caps at 114).

Xylaz
23-10-04, 11:12
Dragon drugs are... ikky.
-50 hlt is rarely if ever worth the resist gain (even with my kami setup I had).
And even with 150 in resist, you will still need armour beyond that (as resist armour bonus caps at 114).

Well i'd have to try it to be sure, but -50 health means on a spy going down from 350-400 hp to around 250 hp, which isnt that bad. Plus, 60% fire protection isnt that bad if you have energy resists high enough. Well, optionally, with one beast and moveon only there's a possibility of using one or two pieces of inq armor which would be enough then.
But again, i'm not too sure about the HP loss, as from what i've experienced so far, such low hp setup is excellent for pvm but very risky for pvp, as my legs are getting broken too often.

Are those dragon drugs bpable/recyclabe anyways?

Dribble Joy
23-10-04, 14:35
In simple con point efficiency terms (ie overall gain) and how you need to sort your armour out, the dragon drugs don't really cut it.
What I would have used them for is not having to spec str/beast to use inq, and get more offensive chips in.

So you can cap one resist, which equates to a 119 armour bonus, but you still need armour on top of that.
Say you use a fire one. You got 119 in fire without any inq. But you still need to spec energy, even with a heavy belt you are only at about 70.
But when you spec enough energy, you suddely fid you have shit all hp.

I modded my skillmanager to use the dragon drugs, i'm gonna keep at it, bbut for now, it seems that they really aren't worth it.
Except for PvM perhaps.

Xylaz
23-10-04, 15:03
mmm, here's the red dragon + beast setup resists

2 pieces of inq armor, h energy belt, and just a basic imps for lvling: ss sf moveon and dist 3

around 188 r-c, good speed and 250 hp.

Of course, we can manage to get to such resists either by using mc5 imps, or by drugging like mad, or just by equipping all possible str imps and aim to use rog/pe only. But that's a nice variation for a high end lvling.

Another thing could be pure lvling setup, with standard lvl 3 armor only, energy belt and lots of hp, all dex imps - dragon drugs would still help a bit in case of troubles, and what's important it wouldnt gimp any offensive abilities.

250 hp... is not too high indeed, but maybe its worth?

Dribble Joy
23-10-04, 15:14
Gah, resist percentages mean nothing too me, I work in armours :p.

The problem is that ooh, you have really high resists, but with low hp, it isn't worth it.
What is often key is the hp/armour balance.
Given a nominal amount of initial dmg per hit, it is a case of finding the right balance where you can take the most number of hits.
40 more armour/resist extra, but looseing 75 hp is not worth it.

Take my PE.
I used to have 140+ f/e/x and 400 hp.
Which was ok.

But now I have 130+ f/x/e (roughly) and 475 hp.
The resist percentages have fallen proportionally less than my hp has risen.

Das FAnG
01-11-04, 09:12
hey guys, u will need over 200 rc to cap sh or dissi...

Xylaz
01-11-04, 19:24
hey guys, u will need over 200 rc to cap sh or dissi...

as far as i remember, it need around 160 weapon lore and 185 rc to cap dmg on artifact SH - even if it was some time ago i dont think anything changed here.
But anyways, i dont like SH, i'll just stick to HL and (if i manage to get a really good one) FL.

SorkZmok
02-11-04, 11:11
as far as i remember, it need around 160 weapon lore and 185 rc to cap dmg on artifact SH - even if it was some time ago i dont think anything changed here.
But anyways, i dont like SH, i'll just stick to HL and (if i manage to get a really good one) FL.He`s talking about frequency on the high end guns.
You need about 215+ r-c to fully cap them.

But thats just a complete overkill, capped dmg and okish freq is just fine. And if you got 200 or 227 on a FL, thats not that huge difference anyway.

I just lost about 20 shots a min on my slasher, i dont see any difference at all.

SorkZmok
02-11-04, 11:15
mmm, here's the red dragon + beast setup resists

2 pieces of inq armor, h energy belt, and just a basic imps for lvling: ss sf moveon and dist 3

around 188 r-c, good speed and 250 hp.

Of course, we can manage to get to such resists either by using mc5 imps, or by drugging like mad, or just by equipping all possible str imps and aim to use rog/pe only. But that's a nice variation for a high end lvling.

Another thing could be pure lvling setup, with standard lvl 3 armor only, energy belt and lots of hp, all dex imps - dragon drugs would still help a bit in case of troubles, and what's important it wouldnt gimp any offensive abilities.

250 hp... is not too high indeed, but maybe its worth?
I dont think its worth it. If you go inqui1 + heavy enr belt and then get some fire + enr in con its better cause you can also have around 400 health.
And the difference from say inqui1 + 65 fir in con to inqui 1 + 114 fir in con isnt that big that it would make up for the loss of 150 hp. You would get slighty better enr too, but not much as going above 50 in enr just eats up too many points.

Koth
02-11-04, 13:17
thats because your slasher is the ka-pwn for the kapow :P

Jesterthegreat
05-11-04, 20:38
Adjust for rifle rather than pistol... a bit more wep lore, maybe lose hacking... (http://forum.neocron.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6800)

:edit: kid i've always been curious about your setup... your the only spy i have a real fight with :)