PDA

View Full Version : How To Change Factions ?

ch0ppy
21-10-04, 11:08
How can a runner change from CM to and Anti City Faction ?
Keeping in mind the runner has -100 symp with all anti city factions, any
help would be great.

MasterBee
21-10-04, 11:18
I don't think there is a *good* way to do it. I have a NEXT char who wants to go FA.
Now, I bug-mailed a GM ingame, and she told me that the only way right now would be to wait until my FA sympathy rises above 0 o_O
Sure, but it would take AGES 8|

KK could put NPCs who give you some kind of mission / quest that would change your affiliation. But I doubt they will do that any time soon.

Seriously, I have brainstormed many ideas with people in game, but none seem good enough.

Bugs Gunny
21-10-04, 11:41
I killed some CA peeps on my tank when he was next, and got negatives on all of em. I just stayed afk for several days in my appu. And i ended up with 10+ in each faction, even anti city ones :-)

Staying afk is a way of life with the SL and faction symp thingy now.

Inchenzo
21-10-04, 11:41
i'd lov to hear an official word on this..

Though i have heard some neocron rumours about some 44th special reeza storm bots to be killed to change to doy, don't know if this works for real.
Haven't tested it..

MasterBee
21-10-04, 11:45

Though i have heard some neocron rumours about some 44th special reeza storm bots to be killed to change to doy, don't know if this works for real.
Haven't tested it..

I don't think my junknife-wielding tradeskill-only spy can handle them even with a PPU ;)

tiikeri
21-10-04, 11:46
umm.... isn't there already those NPCs who give the quest for changing pro<>anticity?

Just can't remember the names.

MaGn0lia
21-10-04, 11:57

Haven't tested it..

Well who do we DoY ppl kill to get to NC? And you DO realize that the 44ths are pretty mean, I mean their AI is way better than normal mob AI or so it feels, and they don't do the nibly freeze damage, it is all out 100points per hit dmg with these guys. This means you have to bring PPU with you and he has to be willing to chage faction because he will get FS hit too.

ch0ppy
21-10-04, 12:08
i have tried to kill a CM with yellow sl but i get no faction symp for it :(

Everyone keeps guessing and noone who actually knows
ever says anything. This is one of the things i dont like about NC.
We keeps asking over and over again but no GM or Mod or
whoever will tell us even if its just to say there is no epic run or there is no mission to do etc ...

Inchenzo
21-10-04, 12:26
Well who do we DoY ppl kill to get to NC? And you DO realize that the 44ths are pretty mean, I mean their AI is way better than normal mob AI or so it feels, and they don't do the nibly freeze damage, it is all out 100points per hit dmg with these guys. This means you have to bring PPU with you and he has to be willing to chage faction because he will get FS hit too.

Well i know they are hard as nails, and i know these guys are camped out at escodar with their own tent.
But don't forget that i haven't tested anything on this, and i just heard this. (hence the rumour thing)

Don't forget KK's way of making things logical so the whole reeza's 44th mack thing seems possible.

I do reckon though that there would be an npc to talk to before you kill those peeps.

/on another related issue

I seem to have come across this npc called "foster something" at b-8 and he's very pro city (as in talking to him with a pro-city concludes in him saying nothing else to me except "hail neocron" might be that he's the guy to talk to to change to pro-city)

ch0ppy
21-10-04, 12:57
Has noone changed from CM or ProCity to AntiCity, not including
waiting for symps to rise by itselves and then run missions ?

eLcHi
21-10-04, 13:10
i know one ...

beeing CM he killed a CA runner over and over again till he had 50 crahn symp and then changed there ...

got -32 SL in the process tho ... did missions to get it back up