PDA

View Full Version : Weird Resolution setting

Koshinn
21-10-04, 06:37
I play at 940x700 resolution windowed.. it's still 4:3 ratio but it fits my screen better. 800x600 is totally unplayable as the screen is too cluttered. It works out great except for 2 things.. one, the world map is screwed up. Any idea how to use an alternate world map that is the correct size? Like, I'll manually have to resize the current world map from 1024x768 or something to 940x700, but how do i use it instead? The second problem is that I can't even see the ? button to call for GM help.. >.< Any fixes for that?

capt-o
21-10-04, 07:14
there used to be a way to change the map in NC1 by renaming the map file, editing it and then renaming it again IIRC. Don't know if you can do this anymore due to the new rules. May have to just wait for a patch that helps with various resolutions.

The ? to call GMs is related to the res as well. I play at a high resolution and the ? is almost embedded in the options button. I have to "feel" around to click on the period part of the question mark.

Koshinn
22-10-04, 22:37
PREFMODENAME = "WindowMode"
PREFWINDOWSIZE = "940x700"

That's what I used in neocron.ini to change the window size to make it perfectly fit my screen (someone asked but i deleted the pm by accident).