PDA

View Full Version : Character/Database Corruption?

Spoon
21-10-04, 01:24
Anyone else having problems with their character selection screen?

I was playing on one of my characters and went to log on another...

But at the character selection screen, 3 of the characters are just shadows, their faces don't appear(see attachment)...
The character I was playing on appears normal.

I logged on the the other characters, to check them out, when I first logged on to them they appeared to be some kind of green man hybrid(like the old green man bug)...
But relogging fixed that, sort of, now they have the default head and face(bald).....

On the character selection screen it also says they are female PSI monks, but they are not, all their stats appear to be normal, otherwise...

Anyone else having any problems?

I did a file check, also, it didn't change anything....

ch0ppy
21-10-04, 01:30
I have the same problem with mine. They are all shadows.
But it is better off than it was, before it was the full character model and i couldnt see the name of the char or the location.

Ozzon
21-10-04, 01:36
My character is now bald too, something is wrong...

Mindgibber
21-10-04, 01:39
yes i have the same problems as Spoon

pls fix it

i hope no reroll :(

PS its on Terra, like always :(

Spoon
21-10-04, 01:42
To all of the people above:

Did this just happen today?

Mindgibber
21-10-04, 01:43
yes about 15 min ago

Francis
21-10-04, 01:52
same here... all hair is gone :eek:
hey, I don't want real life in here... gotta fight that problem every morning in the mirror O_o

Spoon
21-10-04, 01:53
yes about 15 min ago

That's what I was afraid of.....

I hope the database aint borked......

Glok
21-10-04, 01:53
3 female psi monk shadows here too. :(

Spoon
21-10-04, 01:55
3 female psi monk shadows here too. :(

But your characters still work, right?

Xeno LARD
21-10-04, 02:05
Bald women = rank.

Glok
21-10-04, 02:07
But your characters still work, right?Yeah... I just logged each one to see.

Idola
21-10-04, 02:07
I'm getting this with my character; she seems to work perfectly fine though, other than the shadow/skin issue.

Glok
21-10-04, 02:16
Damnit I wanted to play tonight too, but I smell a(nother) rollback.

Maester Seymour
21-10-04, 02:22
Ugh, i smell a rollback too :/

I just spent most of this evening lomming... shit :wtf: :confused:

superfresh
21-10-04, 02:29
Same problem. Blank character slots at login screen, my characters are bald. Lo... Na. Not lol.

BlackDove
21-10-04, 02:32
Here comes the rollback. :p

Underground
21-10-04, 02:38
yep same here on all chars on 4 accounts :wtf:

Seven
21-10-04, 03:31
Same bullshit.

Holger?
Where IS this "BETTER" service for the price increase?

40$Poser
21-10-04, 03:47
Same bullshit.

Holger?
Where IS this "BETTER" service for the price increase?

right along side the following to be coming features

-accessories
-fix for memory leak
-fix for all old neocron 1 bugs
-item tracking
-advanced customer service

I love the game, despite the flaws, the downs, it's fun. It's cool, if it wasn't buggy. I'd say it be awesome. Yet, I mean, I know KK probably means well and all. Yet it's just not looking so hot right now when the servers are not even really that packed and stressed.

God, the punishment we neocron players put ourselves through... :0

Yelly
21-10-04, 03:51
And ppl see all this weird stuff but "if" we see a rollback they all made
just exaclty 3-4 epics and stuff just during the time the rollback was made

40$Poser
21-10-04, 03:53
And ppl see all this weird stuff but "if" we see a rollback they all made
just exaclty 3-4 epics and stuff just during the time the rollback was made

well, if there is a rollback. They better do it now. Doubt the player base would be happy if such a rollback occured like tomorrow morning. I bet a lot of people here would be distasted.

Glok
21-10-04, 03:54
I wonder if a rollback is really necessary though. It's just a model bug right? No one has lost any items or anything? They should be able to just fix the models or something...

40$Poser
21-10-04, 03:58
I wonder if a rollback is really necessary though. It's just a model bug right? No one has lost any items or anything? They should be able to just fix the models or something...

it'd be nice, but err, I dunno.

Might be possible sir.

Viktor
21-10-04, 04:07
If there is a rollback, I am going to get banned from these forums again.

Glok
21-10-04, 04:08
If there is a rollback, I am going to get banned from these forums again.That's the spirit! :D

Enemy
21-10-04, 04:11
I'm getting the green man effect in D3D7, and my normal models (without hair) using D3D9. So I guess the data is still intact. Maybe they are just trying to fix the hair problems people have been having, or something.

Odin
21-10-04, 04:27
Monitoring the situation. So far it looks like it could be patch fixable but don't quote me on that.

The Ottoman
21-10-04, 04:47
Yep, same problem for me too. On both accounts. I was worried i scewed something up after installing Hidden&Dangerous 2 again. I even did a system restore. 8| O_o
Scared the shit out of me when i saw the shadows and green charachters.

hudsonbeck
21-10-04, 04:49
why is it always us?

:mad: :confused: o_O :(

tiikeri
21-10-04, 05:10
*sniffs the air...*
Smells familiar.. just like... old Saturn... no nono... it's smells like Saturn and ROLLBACK..

Anyone else regonize the odor too?

Omnituens
21-10-04, 05:47
i got this too, char 1,3 and 4 are now female psi monks, posted in the bug report

i hope they dont roll back, i recapped my hyb today :mad:

i was about to log on and get some early morning tech hunting in, now i wont bother

Monitoring the situation. So far it looks like it could be patch fixable but don't quote me on that.

too late.

Seven
21-10-04, 07:27
*sniffs the air...*
Smells familiar.. just like... old Saturn... no nono... it's smells like Saturn and ROLLBACK..

Anyone else regonize the odor too?

Yeah, smells like shit, feels like shit, must be shit. :(

Redburn
21-10-04, 07:29
Seeing the same thing, just a shadow in the login screen

tiikeri
21-10-04, 07:31
And again i have the shivers that this shit is only happening on the INTERNATIONAL server.....................

Inchenzo
21-10-04, 08:21
Gimme my skins back !!! they're all green !!!

Bugs Gunny
21-10-04, 09:12
NEOCRON 3, Invasion from Irata III

Yesterday we were informed of the free expansion release of the long awaited NEOCRON 3, invasion from Irata III. The story contains references to nuclear devices being dropped, causing runners to loose their hair from radiation. Also some Alien Green Men have been spotted all over the place. Along with this new expansion pack KK has announced the long awaited playershops and fixing of the old Neocron II bugs. We eagerly await the promised "enhanced animations technology" where KK have used real live retired balerina's to motion capture the HC tank moves, and the introduction of space rockets vehicles, which unfortunately have a great chance of blowing up when launched.
They also announced that they would upgrade the international players server to the standard of the German one, meaning the old PII 300 Celeren hardware has to go.

The future looks bright.........

Darkana
21-10-04, 11:11
Just logged in and had only shadows on all but one char (my main char). Logged in with a "shadow" char and this char definitively has been at a different position when I logged off (got moved a bit to the north of the center in the zone instead). Secondly she mutated into a green alien. Stats & items seem to be ok, dunno about cabinets and gogo, she hasn't had the need to use either, yet. "Emotes" are not working properly either with this green alien model.

SorkZmok
21-10-04, 11:15
Cant play anyway, at uni working. :p
I really hope they fix it till i get back home at 7!

*prays*

darkservent
21-10-04, 11:15
why is it always us?

:mad: :confused: o_O :(

Because its a hint to KK to trash 4 slots and bring on 1 slot server.

Darkana
21-10-04, 11:27
Ok, adding one more thing: Zoning (at least from my apt down to the street) seems to fix the alien char of yourself in 3rd person. Other players get displayed correctly so far.

MasterBee
21-10-04, 11:32
Why do i get the feeling that they took Saturn server and slapped a "Terra" sticker on it?

Argent
21-10-04, 11:37
Why do i get the feeling that they took Saturn server and slapped a "Terra" sticker on it?

Because they did. Maybe they added one computing unit to the cluster or something similar but that doesn't really help because Saturn never lacked computing power, it lacked stability.

So far it looks like it has even less stability than it used to have.

Bugs Gunny
21-10-04, 11:37
I get the same feeling.

Maybe i should have just brushed up on my french a bit and gone there.

tiikeri
21-10-04, 11:38

I've been saying that for looooooooong time.

EDIT: ONOS EVIL 666 POST!!!

Axion
21-10-04, 12:18
This sucks that most ppl chars are green or don't have hair. So i say kick all the freaks out with hair and hunt them down and kill them or till they lose their hair and join the bald faction. :)

Inchenzo
21-10-04, 12:20
This sucks that most ppl chars are green or don't have hair. So i say kick all the freaks out with hair and hunt them down and kill them or till they lose their hair and join the bald faction. :)

i'm in.. let's hunt 'em down ! :D

Sorin
21-10-04, 12:49
I'm willing to put down any amount of money that they just reused Saturn for Terra.

Hmmm, I wonder where KK would be had they made Saturn into Mars or Mercury...... :rolleyes:

My characters don't even show up on the login screen anymore. Well, not their pictures, just a sort of faint shadow. I can't say that's TOO bad, because now at least I can see my character information, since normally it's blocked out because my character's whole body shows on the character select screen (DX7 mode bug).

NaKoth
21-10-04, 13:06
afaik (most of) the saturn hardware is used for test server, not terra.

ZyproN
21-10-04, 13:07
me2 all 4 chars ;( Can't log in :s

Inchenzo
21-10-04, 13:08
me2 all 4 chars ;( Can't log in :s

terra's down for maintenance

JustIn_Case
21-10-04, 13:09
Well you cant logg in since its rebooted like every thursday.
Hopefully they are patching as well.

Glok
@ZyproN
You can't log in? You should be able to still, did you try? Unless you mean you don't want to so you don't have to see your chars as aliens, destroying your view of them forever. :p

edit: oh nm, maintenance time. :o

DigestiveBiscui
That the end tbh

rollback every few weeks

KK call themselves a company? i could piss on a server and it would work better than the ones they use

ZyproN
21-10-04, 13:13
terra's down for maintenance

Bah just came home didnt knew about the mainttenance ;p

DigestiveBiscui
21-10-04, 13:14
http://www.nusash.net/promotion/index_images/flash_money_man.gif

there's MJS not caring

Jesterthegreat
21-10-04, 13:14
Ugh, i smell a rollback too :/

I just spent most of this evening lomming... shit :wtf: :confused:

same... however i almost expect a rollback everytime i lom now

happend end of saturn, happeened eraly terra...

its like kk want my PE to stay melee or something

jernau
21-10-04, 13:16
Buy a proper goddamn database ffs.

ZyproN
21-10-04, 13:17
Why was it always internationalt 4 server, ALWAYS SATURN.

Now always Terra.. FUCKING NEVER HAPPENDS FOR ANY OTHER SERVERS.

DigestiveBiscui
21-10-04, 13:19
...because it's KK test server always has been

didn't u ever notice that when all the server went down at nc1 retail ONLY saturn got fucked

funny that - i wonder why :rolleyes:

Inchenzo
21-10-04, 13:20
i'll bet you that there won't be a patch either today due to these problems

JustIn_Case
21-10-04, 13:21
Well they havent mentioned rollback yet have they?
Hope its just maintenance and patch time!

Inchenzo
21-10-04, 13:22
Well they havent mentioned rollback yet have they?
Hope its just maintenance and patch time!

well it surely ain't patch time, since the other servers are still online

ZyproN
21-10-04, 13:22
Unfortunately, patch 115 is still being worked on, so it can't be applied today.

Now I hope we don't have to wait few days before this get fixed!

Inchenzo
21-10-04, 13:23
Now I hope we don't have to wait few days before this get fixed!

don't forget that that statment was posted yesterday :angel:

jernau
21-10-04, 13:24
Any chance of an update Odin?

Also, I'm curious why you didn't just shut it down if there was a chance it could get worse over time.

ZyproN
21-10-04, 13:24
don't forget that that statment was posted yesterday :angel:

Crap, haven't been online few days :s
damn work :p

DigestiveBiscui
21-10-04, 13:27
Any chance of an update Odin?

Also, I'm curious why you didn't just shut it down if there was a chance it could get worse over time.

too busy swimming in cash - duh :lol:

ZyproN
21-10-04, 13:27
Last time a server crashed after a patch was Saturn right? where we had the nice rollback of 3 weeks?

This time I hope they took a BACKUP Before they patched! *Prays*

JustIn_Case
21-10-04, 13:30
Still no patch 115 on the FTP, me starts to get an bad feeling...

Crimson Duelist
21-10-04, 13:33
oooooo, look! its becoming like saturn again!

Idola
21-10-04, 13:34
too busy swimming in cash - duh :lol:

You contradict yourself.

If "this is the end" and Reakktor are a bad company, then surely they wouldn't be able to swim in cash, right? ;)

DigestiveBiscui
21-10-04, 13:36
You contradict yourself.

If "this is the end" and Reakktor are a bad company, then surely they wouldn't be able to swim in cash, right? ;)

? No, you're just being foolish

1. KK admittd they have the cash

2. NC2 didn't exactly use that cash, and neither did the servers

3. Still nothing from anyone about the situation

So, yes it's the end, as MJS packs his final suitcase full of cash and fucks off

see it now?

Jesterthegreat
21-10-04, 13:38
Still no patch 115 on the FTP, me starts to get an bad feeling...

theres an obvious problem and KK have taken Terra down for maintainance... try to stay positive.

i agree a rolback is entirely possible, but ive gotta hope KK have more sense than that.

that would make it 3 rollbacks in 3 weeks of retail wouldnt it?

Bugs Gunny
21-10-04, 13:40
Aaaaah, finaly i fee llike home again..... Good old Saturn rebadged :-)

At least in NC1 it wasn't that hard to get things back after a rollback.

GIVE US THE OPTION TO SWITCH BACK TO NC1 !!!!!!!

Idola
21-10-04, 13:40
? No, you're just being foolish

1. KK admittd they have the cash

2. NC2 didn't exactly use that cash, and neither did the servers

3. Still nothing from anyone about the situation

So, yes it's the end, as MJS packs his final suitcase full of cash and fucks off

see it now?

And where did they get that cash from? People like you, of course. Those who choose to hate a product but continue to financially support it. If things are really that bad, as they have been for years if anyone on this board is to be believed, then those same people with the complaints* wouldn't have stuck around for so long.

Besides, what, exactly, do you want to hear from Reakktor beyond what Odin has said? They're working on the situation. Anything else would just be surplus.

* Non-constructive complaints brought up by people who openly admit they hate the game. Frequently.

jernau
21-10-04, 13:43
I must have missed the part where Biccy said he hated NC. :wtf:

DigestiveBiscui
21-10-04, 13:44
And where did they get that cash from? People like you, of course. Those who choose to hate a product but continue to financially support it. If things are really that bad, as they have been for years if anyone on this board is to be believed, then those same people with the complaints* wouldn't have stuck around for so long.

Besides, what, exactly, do you want to hear from Reakktor beyond what Odin has said? They're working on the situation. Anything else would just be surplus.

* Non-constructive complaints brought up by people who openly admit they hate the game. Frequently.

right now, im not paying for it :)

so throw that bullshit away

Idola
21-10-04, 13:46
right now, im not paying for it :)

so throw that bullshit away

But you've been paying for it for a long time now. Just because you're not paying for it now doesn't mean you haven't been supporting it. Hell, if the forum had kept the "old" threads from the Neocron 1 days I'd be quite happy to link to the thread where you were creating a second account no more than a few hours after making a thread denouncing the game.

Crest
21-10-04, 13:46
Me sits and waits for the Official ... 'Imagine the oh shit looks on our faces' again .... Then the last backup was 5th September (I hope they still got that one)

jernau
21-10-04, 13:47
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=116757

Fuck-buggery.

DigestiveBiscui
21-10-04, 13:48
But you've been paying for it for a long time now. Just because you're not paying for it now doesn't mean you haven't been supporting it. Hell, if the forum had kept the "old" threads from the Neocron 1 days I'd be quite happy to link to the thread where you were creating a second account no more than a few hours after making a thread denouncing the game.

yea, but did i pay for the 2nd account? no

all the accounts i pay for are off a parents CC - they pay it, not me, i pay them if i remember/ see any point to - right now im in the 1 month free nc2 period, so im not paying for shit

i would also like to add, a lot fo things have changed, like .... NC2 BEING FUCKING WANK

Jesterthegreat
21-10-04, 13:48

i hate the game at times... doesnt make me any less addicted.

i hate KK atr times... doent make me quit though.

ZyproN
21-10-04, 13:50
How long are Terra(Saturn) going to be down :rolleyes:

Idola
yea, but did i pay for the 2nd account? no

all the accounts i pay for are off a parents CC - they pay it, not me, i pay them if i remember/ see any point to - right now im in the 1 month free nc2 period, so im not paying for shit

That's not something to be particuarly proud of, Digestive. Besides, money from your household is still going into Reakktor's account and, as I've said, you obviously wouldn't have continued to support them financially for so long if the game was that bad.

You still paid to upgrade your account anyway, which includes the free month.

Birkoff
http://shatteredsun.com/NC/w00t.JPG

Jesterthegreat
Important News:
Terra down for maintenance
The server Terra is currently unavailable due to maintenance. We are not yet able to determine the duration of the downtime. Thanks for your patience.

wonderfull

DigestiveBiscui
21-10-04, 13:51
That's not something to be particuarly proud of, Digestive. Besides, money from your household is still going into Reakktor's account and, as I've said, you obviously wouldn't have continued to support them financially for so long if the game was that bad.

You still paid to upgrade your account anyway, which includes the free month.

i'll be the judge of what i thinks a good idea or not thanks :)

then again, paying for nc yourself isn't exactly something to be proud of by the look of it

Inchenzo
21-10-04, 13:51

Fuck-buggery.

i said it and i knew it :/

Glok
21-10-04, 13:52

Fuck-buggery.:(

Possibly though, running into technical problems could mean they are tackling one of the tricky bugs, like the mem leak or drone bugs.

Jesterthegreat
:(

Possibly though, running into technical problems could mean they are tackling one of the tricky bugs, like the mem leak or drone bugs.

or Terra

JustIn_Case
theres an obvious problem and KK have taken Terra down for maintainance... try to stay positive.

i agree a rolback is entirely possible, but ive gotta hope KK have more sense than that.

that would make it 3 rollbacks in 3 weeks of retail wouldnt it?

Ok ill try to stay positive :angel: !

Patch is delayed to next week.
Technical problems.
Really would hate a rollback since i FINALLY got an STR-3, been trading for one since NC-2 retail.
I love this game, really do, but hates rollbacks. So if i read "rollback" sticky ill start to cry :(

jernau
21-10-04, 13:53
Patch is now due next week which hopefully means it's just become top priority.

That in turn probably means it's pretty serious.

I have visions of people crawling under desks trying to find the DAT tape they were using for office badminton last month.....

Ozzon
:(

You really believe in that?
o_O

Idola
i'll be the judge of what i thinks a good idea or not thanks :)

then again, paying for nc yourself isn't exactly something to be proud of by the look of it

If you can be a judge, then so can I, "thanks".

Ah, but it is to be proud of. I'm paying for something I actually enjoy, rather than complain about and denounce almost as frequently as I change underwear. My playing experience is an enjoyable one, and I quite happily play the game. So that was an irrelevant, and rather hopeless in fact, attempt at a dig.

Glok
21-10-04, 13:54
You really believe in that?
o_OHey I can be optimistic can't I? :p

Birkoff
21-10-04, 13:55

nah 30% of the population are kewl so only 70% saturn

///EDIT

I hope there ain't no rollback o_O

Terra is the new Saturn in terms of server hardware/software problems :lol:

oh i see :D

jernau
21-10-04, 13:55
@Birkoff - that screenie actually looks pretty cool. Maybe they could keep it. :D

Bugs Gunny
21-10-04, 13:56
You see, what they do is they try all the new stuff, patches and fixes on terra first.
So yesterday they tried a server side patch on terra..... OOOOPPPPPSSSS

"we have to delay patch 115 till next week"

(thinking .... while we try to fix all the patch 115 stuff we tried appending into the terra server...thinking)

I know things can go wrong... patches, hardware etc.... but what has happened to 4 slot international server each time is beyond the mathematics of probability.

Inchenzo
21-10-04, 13:57
Patch is now due next week which hopefully means it's just become top priority.

That in turn probably means it's pretty serious.

I have visions of people crawling under desks trying to find the DAT tape they were using for office badminton last month.....

I want pictures !!!

/on another thing

I'm thinking about visiting the KK hq *if they would let me in*, i'd like to meet them.. maybe do an interview with them about where they are goin with NC.
I would definalty like their stance on things, as how it's goin now and where they are goin with it..

Xylaz
21-10-04, 13:59
erm, why is still no announcement on this case? I assume KK thinks everything's fine and the problem is simply non existing...

Jesterthegreat
21-10-04, 14:00
erm, why is still no announcement on this case? I assume KK thinks everything's fine and the problem is simply non existing...

i posted it already...

Important News:
Terra down for maintenance
The server Terra is currently unavailable due to maintenance. We are not yet able to determine the duration of the downtime. Thanks for your patience.

ZyproN
21-10-04, 14:02
@Birkoff - that screenie actually looks pretty cool. Maybe they could keep it. :D

What you mean? when i play on my old computer 1ghz my chars isnt ghost in Hacknet.

But when i play on my new one they are "ghost" ^^ Soo its not somethíng new mate ;) ( I hope so )

Xylaz
21-10-04, 14:03
i posted it already...

its down for maintenance, not for patching. And i'm not sure if this maintenace is intended to fix this, or just to make a backup or something (make more bugs/deleting the database/rollback etc etc).
In other words, there is still no official announcement about it.

Birkoff
21-10-04, 14:04
its down for maintenance, not for patching. And i'm not sure if this maintenace is intended to fix this, or just to make a backup or something (more backups/deleting the database/rollback etc etc).

There never is.

Xylaz
21-10-04, 14:06
There never is.

and that is why i'm justified in complaints

JustIn_Case
21-10-04, 14:08
Folks, be happy as long as there isnt an announcement, because you wont like the announcement.

Sorry Jester, cant be optimistic...

Recorded from KK HQ

-"Where the f**k is that tape, anyone seen it?"
-"Tape?"
-"Yes, the black little thing!"
-"Ohhh, erhm, tape you say...erhm..oh i know, my dog ate it :D...no?"

jernau
21-10-04, 14:10
Note to KK - DAT tapes are black and crunchy but they are not round so they are NOT Oreos. ;)

Idola
21-10-04, 14:11
and that is why i'm justified in complaints

Odin posted on page two.

They're monitoring the situation and working on a fix. What else can they say without having people scream at them for broken "promises"?

Jesterthegreat
21-10-04, 14:12
its down for maintenance, not for patching. And i'm not sure if this maintenace is intended to fix this, or just to make a backup or something (make more bugs/deleting the database/rollback etc etc).

theres an announcement saying that Terra is down for maintanance... there is an announcement saying th epatch is delayed...

and now your complaining you dont know why the server is down?

KK are improving their communication massively recently, but its just not enough for some people

ZyproN
21-10-04, 14:12
Folks, be happy as long as there isnt an announcement, because you wont like the announcement.

Sorry Jester, cant be optimistic...

Recorded from KK HQ

-"Where the f**k is that tape, anyone seen it?"
-"Tape?"
-"Yes, the black little thing!"
-"Ohhh, erhm, tape you say...erhm..oh i know, my dog ate it :D...no?"

There is a announcement when you load up nc2.

Jesterthegreat
21-10-04, 14:13

that would be the one i have posted here twice, but apparently isnt good enough

JustIn_Case
21-10-04, 14:14

An announcement about the tape and the dog?

ZyproN
21-10-04, 14:15

He wrote that he couldn't find any ;( Sorry not my fault.

jernau
21-10-04, 14:15
And me before that :p.

People don't read Jester. We can't help them...

Jesterthegreat
21-10-04, 14:16
And me before that :p.

People don't read Jester. We can't help them...

yup.

im hardly a KK fanboi (just ask nid :p) but theres no point in flaming anything and everything kk does...

JustIn_Case
21-10-04, 14:17
He wrote that he couldn't find any ;( Sorry not my fault.

Well, i know about "that" announcement since Jester posted it like 4 times...
In 1-2 hours it will be a new one about the tape and the dog.

Thanatos
21-10-04, 14:17
We're still trying to figure this one out. The seems to be no data corruption, yet all the models are whacky.

Saturn is still running on its old hardware, Terra is using new hardware and it's nowhere close to using all its resources.

Inchenzo
21-10-04, 14:18
We're still trying to figure this one out. The seems to be no data corruption, yet all the models are whacky.

Saturn is still running on its old hardware, Terra is using new hardware and it's nowhere close to using all its resources.

Somone must have taken "The curse of Saturn" with him to Terra :angel:

jernau
21-10-04, 14:18

Cheers for that.

We have some hope then at least. :)

Glok
21-10-04, 14:19
We're still trying to figure this one out. The seems to be no data corruption, yet all the models are whacky.Some would argue that all the models were already whacky. :D

JustIn_Case
21-10-04, 14:20
The seems to be no data corruption,

Reading that makes me all warm inside :)

Jesterthegreat
Some would argue that all the models were already whacky. :D

haha

i wouldnt say whacky... but cartoony :p

Sakletare
Terra is still a buggy piece of shit. I played on Saturn and had lots of problems with the server, now i play on Terra and have lots of problems with the server. *tired*

Somone must have taken "The curse of Saturn" with him to Terra :angel:
That would be me. :(

Jesterthegreat
21-10-04, 14:21
Reading that makes me all warm inside :)

indeed... 2 times in the last month my lomming from MC to RC has been rolled back... i would not have been impressed if it happened again :p

jernau
21-10-04, 14:24
Terra is still a buggy piece of shit. I played on Saturn and had lots of problems with the server, now i play on Terra and have lots of problems with the server.
We found the problem - get him lads....

/edit - I also sugest we ban Jester from LoMing.

Inchenzo
21-10-04, 14:25
We found the problem - get him lads....

*Woof*

/ontopic

I wonder if this is a data send/retrieve problem ?

Weazle
21-10-04, 14:28

Yeah I noticed that last night at around 1am British Summer Time. I saw green men, people with ears for jackets and faces for shirts ... just plain wierd :wtf:

I'm you've cleared up that Terra is running on completely new hardware. :D

Jesterthegreat
21-10-04, 14:29
/edit - I also sugest we ban Jester from LoMing.

once im finished ill gladly stop :p

infact if im the source of the problems all KK have to do is release my PE's points :D

JustIn_Case
21-10-04, 14:30
/ontopic

I wonder if this is a data send/retrieve problem ?

Could be since there have been other strange issues apart from the Men in Green.
I had lots of crashes when using trade chat...had a crash session where i crashed every second sentence i wrote in trade...So some sort of unhandled error while speaking/listening to the server.

Inchenzo
21-10-04, 14:33
Could be since there have been other strange issues apart from the Men in Green.
I had lots of crashes when using trade chat...had a crash session where i crashed every second sentence i wrote in trade...So some sort of unhandled error while speaking/listening to the server.

Might be that there's some serverside corruption on the communication side of things then..

JustIn_Case
21-10-04, 14:41
Might be that there's some serverside corruption on the communication side of things then..

Somebody probably put his mobile phone on the switch connecting Terra...You know their m.phone number? If they pick up the phone, problem solved :P

Bah, ill stop crapping for a few mins and do something usefull instead...(like pressing F5 every 10 seconds to refresh the forum).

Inchenzo
21-10-04, 14:43
like pressing F5 every 10 seconds to refresh the forum).

i'm doin that every minute , lol

MasterBee
21-10-04, 14:48
"And now more on hostage situation in Germany. Ben Dover reports. Over to you, Ben"
"Thank you Dave, I am here in Germany where truly horrific and bizarre scenes are taking place! Early this morning an apparently international group of young people stormed into offices of a company called Reakktor.
Eye witnesses claim that some of these youth were in fact armed in what looked like home made weapons such as knives, claws.
The reason for this event is not known yet, however the terrorists claim that they come from Saturn, and came to "own Kay Kay". We don't know if this Kay Kay person is only a product of their imagination, or whether it is one of the employees.
Police confirmed that possibly all members of this group are under influence of a previously unknown drug called "Neocrack".
It is speculated that this dangerous situation may soon be coming to an end, as shouts "roll back" were heard several times, which might be the terrorist code for "fall back" or "retreat".
Over to you, Dave"

Inchenzo
21-10-04, 14:51
"And now more on hostage situation in Germany. Ben Dover reports. Over to you, Ben"
"Thank you Dave, I am here in Germany where truly horrific and bizarre scenes are taking place! Early this morning an apparently international group of young people stormed into offices of a company called Reakktor.
Eye witnesses claim that some of these youth were in fact armed in what looked like home made weapons such as knives, claws.
The reason for this event is not known yet, however the terrorists claim that they come from Saturn, and came to "own Kay Kay". We don't know if this Kay Kay person is only a product of their imagination, or whether it is one of the employees.
Police confirmed that possibly all members of this group are under influence of a previously unknown drug called "Neocrack".
It is speculated that this dangerous situation may soon be coming to an end, as shouts "roll back" were heard several times, which might be the terrorist code for "fall back" or "retreat".
Over to you, Dave"

Muhahahhahahahahahahhaaaa...

Ow shit O_o the press is outside,...

LOST
21-10-04, 15:08
just reading it you can almost imagine it.....imagine ????

The neocrack has taken control and i dont know what is real anymore....

great post tho. :D

Sakletare
21-10-04, 15:27
Over to you, Dave"

Muhahahhahahahahahahhaaaa...

Ow shit O_o the press is outside,...
Is the press here already? But we haven't executed enough Reakktor employees to be able to write "Save Terra" in blood on the wall yet. 8|

Inchenzo
21-10-04, 15:31
Is the press here already? But we haven't executed enough Reakktor employees to be able to write "Save Terra" in blood on the wall yet. 8|

Time for plan B !

You take Holger hostage, i'll take Thanatos hostage..

Let's demand Hamsters to get Terra running again..

Thanatos
21-10-04, 16:37
Well... unfortunately the character data was corrupt after all, the only way to fix the models was to load a backup from shortly before the first incidents happened, midnight CEST (GMT+2) last night, a rollback of roughly 12 hours.

We are still investigating the cause of this and will hopefully have a fix ready for the next patch. Sorry :(

Xylaz
21-10-04, 16:40
Hahahahaha

I won 100k

hahaha

Jesterthegreat
21-10-04, 16:40
another 3 hours of lomming wasted.

thats 3 rollbacks in 3 weeks... nice record

i have done this 3 hours of lomming 3 fucking times now

NaKoth
21-10-04, 16:41
argh

(too short just for argh .. had to write this shite too)

Glok
Well... unfortunately the character data was corrupt after all, the only way to fix the models was to load a backup from shortly before the first incidents happened, midnight CEST (GMT+2) last night, a rollback of roughly 12 hours.

We are still investigating the cause of this and will hopefully have a fix ready for the next patch. Sorry :(Fine with me, I didn't play last night because I feared I would be wasting my time. Sucks for the eternal optimists that did play last night tho.

Also, thank god for what appears to be backups every 12 hours... is this really the case?

ZyproN
FFS i hate this, god damn take a BACKUP BEFORE YOU PATCH!

Im glad i havent done anything since the rollback. But Im used to play on Saturn and knows how shitty it is!

Jesterthegreat
wtf are KK thinking... an average of 1rollback per week in NC2... this is worse than fucking usual

bad even for them

Jesterthegreat
21-10-04, 16:42
lost 6 hours of work in all... 3 hours of that being lomming

good fucking game

Underground
21-10-04, 16:43
wtf are KK thinking... an average of 1rollback per week in NC2... this is worse than fucking usual

bad even for them

Just remember back to the start of NC1 retail, there was alot more problems back then then there has been with the NC2 launch.

btw jestah get onto MSN

Sakletare

We are still investigating the cause of this and will hopefully have a fix ready for the next patch. Sorry :(
Any explanation to why this always affects the 4slot international server and not the others that's running the same code?

40$Poser
first time I've seen a thread closed without a post at the end by a mod. GG, silent rollback :/

Xylaz
21-10-04, 16:46
so KK,
how's your new uber hyper modern hardware for Terra's doing?

All clean and shiny?
No smoke comming out of it?
Maybe some blue sparklies around it?
Maybe there's some hamster on the loose out there... or a rabbit? You know rabbits and hamsters have nasty habbits of biting the cables and plugs...

hudsonbeck
21-10-04, 16:46

bad even for them

And never any compensation.

I am in the same boat as you... I lost Loming on 3 characters with teh rollback to sept 5th on Saturn. Didnt have time to redo it, and can't afford it now.

I dont know what else to say.. I am just completely disgusted!

ch0ppy
21-10-04, 16:49
"Originally Posted by Thanatos

We are still investigating the cause of this and will hopefully have a fix ready for the next patch. Sorry "

So if they havent fixed it yet and the nxt patch is nxt week what if it happens
again before the patch, another rollback ?
So do we not play until the nxt patch or what. How are we supposed to play if you tell us there is a problem you cant fix yet. But if the problem happens again before next week then we will just rollback again.

I had completed the NXT and CM epics on my characters last night i even got a 5 slot speed gat. Before you say it i could care less about the gat i just dont want to have to it all over again. Fuck Fuck Fuck.

Endar
21-10-04, 16:50
Uuuu aaam daaaamn. This was the first rollback that affected me...

Lost about 10 int levels and 7 dex levels...

Now I know how does it feel...

Argh...

If only leveling up a pure tradeskiller wouldnt be so fecking boring...

But anyway, I have a bottle of 80% booze so I think I manage...

I would love to say "**** it all" but Im not going to say that.

I am not going to say that...

Argh!

Fuck it all!

Ok I feel so much better now...

Edit: Also could someone in the ReaKKtor tell us what caused the corruption? It doesnt seem like a hardware based problem. But on the other hand, I dont think that software could cause something like that. Was it somekind of virus that corrupted the database or something?

Glok
21-10-04, 16:59
I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the world of 'having something to bitch about', Endar. Welcome! :D :p

Endar
21-10-04, 17:10
Well thank you Glok, I think :D

The reason why I started to level up a pure tradeskiller was the drone bugs, and now with the rollback I have started to think "Why in the hell I didnt just transfer one of the old characters over and do something useful?".

Oh well, now I need some booze :angel:

SorkZmok
21-10-04, 17:14
Unbelievable. At least it didnt affect me this time.

But still, 3 times now. KK, could you please get new servers? This is just plain shit. Dont even wanna know how many people quit this time. :(

MasterBee
21-10-04, 17:15
Oh well, now I need some booze :angel:

Hear, hear!
Cheers mateys! Let us all drink to another KK screw up :D
*gulps down entire bottle of lithuanian vodka (known as sonofabitch in some areas :lol: )*

jernau
21-10-04, 17:15
Just remember back to the start of NC1 retail, there was alot more problems back then then there has been with the NC2 launch.

btw jestah get onto MSNThe margin is shrinking. If you include the Saturn borkage as well I'd say NC2 is doing worse than NC1.

I only lost a few hundred thousand credits this time though so it's fairly painless.

At least communication is improving though which is a BIG plus IMO.

Radamez
21-10-04, 17:37
Glad I haven't played lately,

I feel for those who have been fucked over yet again :(

Darken
21-10-04, 17:41
ye its sad always the 4slot Int one, not the 4Slot German =/

The whole Terra thing reminds me of Saturn :wtf:

Tratos
21-10-04, 17:43
ye its sad always the 4slot Int one, not the 4Slot German =/

The whole Terra thing reminds me of Saturn :wtf:

Possibly some sort of buggered ness with one of the transfered characters from Saturn which was fucked up due to Saturns buggeredness has infected the Terra db which makes it fuck up....but it sat and did nothing for two days during the transfer and so has changed from a Sunday to a Tuesday :p

Seriously, if thats what it is......how shafted do you feel?

Jesterthegreat
21-10-04, 17:52
things i lost in this rollback:

about 150 lom pills taken on PE

exp reflex 4 (doesnt drop / sell so its worth mentioning)

SF

SA(!!!)

a whole load of BT FSM chips

about 200k

about 3 psi levels on my *** monk

crahn symp (was 50 ready to change back to crahn, now its 16)

i honestly dont have words for how disappointed i am... its just one fuck up after another

JustIn_Case
21-10-04, 17:54
things i lost in this rollback:

exp reflex 4 (doesnt drop / sell so its worth mentioning)

I have an Exp.refl.4 for you if you could get me an STR-3.

Endar
21-10-04, 17:56
Ummmm. Is the server back online? There seem to be people playing but for some reason I get fatal everytime I try to go to character selecting on Terra server?

Jesterthegreat
21-10-04, 17:57
I have an Exp.refl.4 for you if you could get me an STR-3.

i dont have point red gr anymore :p

JustIn_Case
21-10-04, 17:58
i dont have point red gr anymore :p

Ah, lol, thats you...ha ha. omg, starts to cry again...

Mr Kot
21-10-04, 18:24
Or could all this "bald character" thing be a prologue to the next exciting Neocron moneysink...............WIG SHOPS!!!!!

Yes folks, you too could soon have the toupée of your dreams. Prices start from only 800,000nc!

TRADE-NC> Bald guy : Need a barterer in NC... DM me

XenivouS
21-10-04, 18:49
oh nice I lost 4 fuckin psi lvls and 3 int lvls wtf, this is bullshit up the asshole!

jernau
21-10-04, 19:33
oh nice I lost 4 fuckin psi lvls and 3 int lvls wtf, this is bullshit up the asshole!
Doesn't shit usually come down the asshole?

Pooing while doing a handstand seems.....messy. A bull doing a handstand (hoofstand?) would be impressive though.

Oh fuck, I've turned into RedJacket. :( :( :(

J. Folsom
21-10-04, 19:35
Oh fuck, I've turned into RedJacket. :( :( :(
Not yet, you can't manage to write a full page full of that kind of stuff (yet?), if you do that, you've turned into RedJacket. ;)

plague
21-10-04, 19:49
Doesn't shit usually come down the asshole?

Pooing while doing a handstand seems.....messy. A bull doing a handstand (hoofstand?) would be impressive though.

haha, goodone....was gonna reply to that post but u beat me to it...lol

StrongSad
21-10-04, 20:04
OMG OMG!!!

I lost 20mil

3 SAs

2 DSs

20 INT lvls on my monk

and I need to relom my droner to rifle!!

I QUIT. :rolleyes: Some people really get A LOT done in 12 hours, it truely amazes me.

I managed to dupe a pistol eye 3 (unknowingly) as I announced on trade several times and my medkits were dissapearing. So a rollback was expected. Good thing I didnt go farm mc5 or something that would waste all my time. :lol:

Blacksword
21-10-04, 20:13
luckily i went through the forums before i played last night after class. decided not to get on. guess forums will be my first stop instead of my last one from now on.