PDA

View Full Version : alternativ Launcher for neocron

Dante-z
21-10-04, 00:01
Hi english speaking part of the community ^^

I dont know if you have mentioned the tool, which was released some days before in the german neocron forums. It's an alternativ Launcher for neocron 2, and it looks greate :)

Here are some features:
- Skinable launcher window
- winamp control from the nc chatline
- ts2 control from the chatline
- automatic logfile backup
- something called "sound extensions", funy... but hehe... ;)
- ability to read and write mirc messages and control the mirc client
- signaturs with ingame status (also with runner name, server, etc. if someone want it)
- some kind of ram defrag tool befor the nc client starts
- and some other features ...

The info / download page is german, but i think that should not be a problem for you :)

[ edited ]

regards

PS: the tool is allowed by reakktor! so, don't worry :)

Nidhogg
21-10-04, 00:17
Unauthorised modifications to the Neocron service (including the client) are no longer permitted. Use of any such tools is a breach of the rules of conduct and could render yourself liable to action being taken against you.

@ the devs of the tool - I need proof from KK before this can be used and right now that proof is not available. I'll put the link back as soon as I can verify your claim.

N

Iorghe
21-10-04, 13:45
http://www.neocronnetwork.de/neocronlauncher/index.php?pa2=info_page

The modification is allowed by Reakktor Media GmbH.

I forgot to tell nidhogg, sorry for that, I hope you can forgive me :)

Neocron Network Launcher has the following:
- Customisable skins
- Winamp controls
- mIRC controls
- Team Speak 2 controls
- Free Memory tool built in

NaKoth
21-10-04, 14:02
How about a nice little sticky on the announcement forum about all the mods approved by KK.

So people do not have to wonder what can they and cannot use and everything would be simple to find instead of stubling over it on some weird thread.

Birkoff
21-10-04, 14:03
Does it chaneg the crappy RPOS?

Oh i hope it does :)

MaGn0lia
21-10-04, 15:09
Can I stop the ramdefrag tool from running, as I use some other tool which I have noticed is better for my system.

And I think there is no new R.P.O.S. since I haven't heard that they had approved any new designs.

athon
21-10-04, 15:16
How about a nice little sticky on the announcement forum about all the mods approved by KK.

So people do not have to wonder what can they and cannot use and everything would be simple to find instead of stubling over it on some weird thread.
This is a great idea. As well as letting everyone know that the mod is allowed, it gives a central location where all mods are listed.

Athon Solo

neofrag
21-10-04, 15:48
Can I stop the ramdefrag tool from running, as I use some other tool which I have noticed is better for my system.

Yes, you can :)

There are some options in the {neocron_folder}\nnl\settings.ini that are not implented in the NNL settings dialog now. For example the free-mem feature.

[FREEMEM]
ENABLE=1
MEMTOFREE=128

This is the default. But you can turn the mem-free dialog off by changing ENABLE to 0 (zero). You can also change the value of MEMTOFREE.

regards neofrag

Spermy
21-10-04, 16:02
Erm.. What's the config option for?

I click it and it just freezes.

Jesterthegreat
21-10-04, 16:06
i launched it once, it took about 5x the normal ammount of time to load, i deleted the icon.

good to see people doin mods like this, but its not for me i think

GIJ0e
24-10-04, 23:58
tbh neocron barely works for 20 minutes at a time as it is, no offense to the maker of this, but i am not adding to the problems i have with NC, nor giving kk the excuse "omg you arent using the official launcher" when something inevitably goes wrong.

Candaman
25-10-04, 00:49
tbh neocron barely works for 20 minutes at a time as it is, no offense to the maker of this, but i am not adding to the problems i have with NC, nor giving kk the excuse "omg you arent using the official launcher" when something inevitably goes wrong.

and i'm not going to cross the road cus i'm gonna get hit by a car!!!

MkVenner
25-10-04, 00:56
lol

any way i got it a coupla days ago and its cool

only problems is, when you bring up the RPOS or sync there WinAmp song ticker at the top is barely visable, and you can only send to mIRC, not receive, which is pointless imo, unless im doing summink wrong :p

neofrag
25-10-04, 02:08
To recive the chat-messages from mIRC , you have to install a plugin for your mIRC-Client. (can be found here (http://www.neocronnetwork.de/neocronlauncher/index.php?pa2=info_page&page=plugins) )

regards neofrag

MkVenner
25-10-04, 02:11
whoa cheers

ok is it just me or is that mIRC script hard to configure, everything id labeled Default lol

Xeno LARD
25-10-04, 09:23
Wow, impressive. Thanks.

BTW, if you don't like the skin, go into settings and untick Use Skins and untick the splash screen option. It'll make it lauch faster.

[Edit: 200th Post, w00]

MaGn0lia
25-10-04, 14:41
Erm.. What's the config option for?

I click it and it just freezes.

It is for the players that don't have neocron to simulate the authentic neocron effect :D

GIJ0e
25-10-04, 14:50
and i'm not going to cross the road cus i'm gonna get hit by a car!!!

i'd have equated it to crossing the road blindfold, just because people have survived doesnt neccesarily mean you will.

neofrag
25-10-04, 15:16
whoa cheers

ok is it just me or is that mIRC script hard to configure, everything id labeled Default lol

Someone of the german community reported, that this bug can be fixed by having mIRC's path without spaces.

For example:

D:\internet tools\mirc\ ---> D:\internet_tools\mirc OR D:\mirc\

This is a bug in the script, we are working on it :)

regards neofrag

Dante-z
25-10-04, 20:41
i created an alternativ skin for the NNL, if you like it...download (http://www.neocronnetwork.de/neocronlauncher/skins2/dz_darkorange.zip) it

http://www.neocronnetwork.de/neocronlauncher/skins2/preview/dz_darkorange_small.jpg (http://www.neocronnetwork.de/neocronlauncher/skins2/preview/dz_darkorange.jpg)

regards dante-z

Tratos
25-10-04, 21:24
Hola

First off, really cool tool thank you for it, im hoping you will be aloud to add in new/different things if ReaKKtor lets you like sounds and alt images and stuff for items (Like NLPro did)

But, would it be possible (i know its a large request as you have made this for the german community) for you to add a complete english install (on Mem tool etc ) and possibly just an english version of the download/features page, i know its alot to ask but we would apprechiate it :)