PDA

View Full Version : Nothing to do in NC2

DigestiveBiscui
20-10-04, 23:46
I'm finding myself more and more bored of nc as the days go by now.....

Lots of clan mates can no longer be bothered to log on

I can't be fucked with epics

I have no cash

KK screwed us over with a lovely rollback

Server pops haven't changed

nothing new at all to do

So, what is there to do now? All i see myself doing is wb hunting and getting techs - nothing else?

Is there some secret to playing neocron 2 that keeps u interested? Because im losing all interest in this fucking game

GIJ0e
20-10-04, 23:57
you know ironically i logged on tonight for the first time in a while and played for an hour or so, hunting warbots collecting techs, we got 1 in an hour. i logged off and went and played cs:S. its rare to have more than 3 people in our clan on at any one time now.

i would lom a couple of my characters, but somehow i find the 4 minutes per lom offensive, in that i am paying to jab a button every 4.5 minutes, you could double the xp loss for all i care, but that 4 minutes is nothing but a timesink, coupled with all the other timesinks, logging on just becomes less appealing.

Idola
21-10-04, 00:03
The last time you made a post like this (About Neocron 1 though, admittedly) you went on to open up a second account.

Didn't you also just pay up for six months in advance lately?

Ryman
21-10-04, 00:14

I have no cash

Damn thats just how i feel ......

StryfeX
21-10-04, 00:22

I have no cash

nothing new at all to do

So, what is there to do now? All i see myself doing is wb hunting and getting techs - nothing else?

Is there some secret to playing neocron 2 that keeps u interested? Because im losing all interest in this fucking game
I mainly just want to get my shit back since I transferred with almost nothing. No imps, (almost) no armor, etc.

--Stryfe

MrChumble
21-10-04, 00:26
Find people to interact with. I don't mean people to insult and flame, or people to PK. Go actually try talking to other players, share in their experiences, help them out, kill things (and those pesky red players).

Personally I'm just marking time until something interesting happens. If nothing does I'll keep marking time :D

Today I had some nice experiences playing, the best being in the right place at the right time to save some poor ickle APU who got molested by two spawning warbot titans. Like some sort of idiot I shot them both so they'd chase me, and the APU got away with about 10h. He thanked me after and it made the days play session seem worthwhile :)

Also I got to gun down two WBTs with my new reveller, so I got money for my trouble :)

Ascension
21-10-04, 00:51
What did NC 2 get new.. appart from a re-skin as such.. im sitting here at my comp thinking.. hmm what to do.

Its the same old thing.. Kill some Pker's which is fun.. but kinda repetative. Defend a zerg off, or die..

NC 2 was meant to bring more.. but 'its not ingame yet' :rolleyes:

I transfered my account over and havent logged on much since.. maybe to op war or talk to clannies nothing more..!

DigestiveBiscui
21-10-04, 01:07
The last time you made a post like this (About Neocron 1 though, admittedly) you went on to open up a second account.

Didn't you also just pay up for six months in advance lately?

i would never pay 6 months for this

i asked how much 6 months was for another clan members - but i pay monthly so if / when i have enough i can go without wasting months of playtime :p

Saza
21-10-04, 01:09
What did NC 2 get new.. appart from a re-skin as such.. im sitting here at my comp thinking.. hmm what to do.

Its the same old thing.. Kill some Pker's which is fun.. but kinda repetative. Defend a zerg off, or die..

I transfered my account over and havent logged on much since.. maybe to op war or talk to clannies nothing more..!
Exactly - EXACTLY how I feel.

To be honest, Neocron would be have been better off as just plain Neocron. Less realistic? Yeah. Less of a storyline? Uhuh Less players? You betcha less content? Too true. But more fun? Oh yeah...

I find myself staring at the desktop thinking 'shall I play bit of 'cron?' But in the end I always click the Dawn of War button. Just appeals to me so much more :(

Ascension
21-10-04, 01:12
All you have to do it look at my sig.. If i was so into playing.. i wouldnt of even given makin a new sig a second thought.. but I had more fun making my sig then Ive been having in NC.. appart from a few fun Op fights its been..

eh! :o boring :(

DigestiveBiscui
21-10-04, 01:14
gimmie:

player shops

more people

snow as a weather effect

haircuts

assecories

and i might be ok for a month

Necrosadistic
21-10-04, 01:45
Unfortunately, vets have played the game so much that it has become as boring as real life and having a job...

Except you can't get drunk every weekend to take the stress off...

Unfortunately, NC is by its nature a small community game, so there isn't the huge social aspect other MMO's have...

solling
21-10-04, 01:49
we do pvp and its fun :)

Ozambabbaz
21-10-04, 02:38
we do pvp and its fun :)

without monks against monks :confused:

Icewalk
21-10-04, 03:03

Sure. You we're on earlier today when those silly Anti-city zerged at PP2 zoneline, and we came with a bigger zerg and waxed them. =P (It's Karot BTW, one of the two DEV tanks.)

Ozzon
21-10-04, 03:33
It's only the people... I still didn't cap any of my chars because everytime i log in I have other things to do like helping noobs, testing new vechs, working as a taxi, recovering peoples belts, hunting PK's, joining op battles.

I usually don't have to wait between op battles doing nothing, got plenty of things to do, it's all about other people.

40$Poser
21-10-04, 03:50

I have no cash

nothing new at all to do

honestly, you gotta find where the fun is it. I'm with some of the coolest people playing the game. Hell, even fight against some of the coolest people.

My advice, if you lack having fun. I'd suggest a vacation away from nc. It might do some good. Or it might just show your time with neocron might be nearing it's end. Just my thoughts.

THE_TICK!!!!
21-10-04, 06:46
hell i'll toss in my two cents :p well i havent played neo2 yet since im in IRAQ now i follow the forums religously and d00d i got withdrawl symptoms :( i was readin bout an opfight and my palms started sweating 8| i was scrolling thru the forums the other day and seen a screeny of me...battling cere's warriors..i was like (to my troops) get yoiur asses over here check this out !! thats me !! there like..what the hell is a barrel...( i was cursing because i forgot my barrel spell in the go go :rolleyes: ) i dunno everytime i log on neo when i was home..i had a ball..course im part of a great group of guys...and we always think of shit to do..beit OP battles or CST group orgies..ressing tech parts..drinkin beer and tryin to guess what they will be....to mc5 or helpin n00bs in aggies(wich i heard arent there anymore :wtf: ) just runnin rouind nc..actin tarded with skittle color armor on :P talkin smack on TS...or drunkin neofrag runs..this game is GREAT but its even better if you share it with a GREAT group of friends. Try it you WILL like it :D

Pungent77
21-10-04, 07:10
hell i'll toss in my two cents :p well i havent played neo2 yet since im in IRAQ now i follow the forums religously and d00d i got withdrawl symptoms :( i was readin bout an opfight and my palms started sweating 8| i was scrolling thru the forums the other day and seen a screeny of me...battling cere's warriors..i was like (to my troops) get yoiur asses over here check this out !! thats me !! there like..what the hell is a barrel...( i was cursing because i forgot my barrel spell in the go go :rolleyes: ) i dunno everytime i log on neo when i was home..i had a ball..course im part of a great group of guys...and we always think of shit to do..beit OP battles or CST group orgies..ressing tech parts..drinkin beer and tryin to guess what they will be....to mc5 or helpin n00bs in aggies(wich i heard arent there anymore :wtf: ) just runnin rouind nc..actin tarded with skittle color armor on :P talkin smack on TS...or drunkin neofrag runs..this game is GREAT but its even better if you share it with a GREAT group of friends. Try it you WILL like it :D
Well Tick,
bro you are in for a big surprise, it's not like it used to be.....to be honest it really sucks and I wish I didnt waste my money upgrading. I always went by the rule of "experience shit your self before you make a decision", I wish I would have listened to other people. This game really took it in the ass.
Same sorry ass problems, bugs, etc.....same sorry ass support, one of my capped characters lost all his belongings due to a bug...and no help from KK support, same sorry ass players and exploiters playing the game.

So that's my view, but by all means check it out your self. But i'd really recommend you investing your hard earned "tax-free" dollars :D on something else. All I have left is busted ass NC2 characters and the great memories and fun times of the earlier neocron years

THE_TICK!!!!
21-10-04, 07:22
well bro...(sigh's) i hope your wrong cause i really enjoy this game..bleh ill see when i get home :D but..not that you got me all in the dumps..i think ill go beat me a camel or something:D ...now for all you tree huggers out there... that was a JOKE 8|

Logan_storm_03
21-10-04, 09:10
iv never really got bored with neocron 1 or 2, and i dont see my self getting bored for a loooong time, I love, still do i was sooo lucky i found this game by typing a completly non-relevent search on google :rolleyes:. But now im addected and i cant change, doesnt matter how hard i try, neocron has gave me the best gaming expirence ever and i love it for that, you got the highs when you come out on top in a fight agaisted the odds, and you got the lows when you drop your pride and joy in your belt, the whole athmosphere keeps me addicted, iv got a RL friend who i got into it not long ago and we have shared sum real cool times, we even went non stop neocron for 48 hours 8|, no sleep, but getting food and going to the toliet of course :p. Trust me, dont bother powering the game, it looses its appeal, insed play the game how it should, which is for enjoyment. :cool:

tiikeri
21-10-04, 09:15
I agree with ppl who says there's nothing to do.. personally i'm lacking things to do. Big fights, loads of pvping etc.Lvling noob.. booring. Doing epics..boooooooriiing. WOC... sigh.. even more boring.

Just can't wait to get Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude......
to play until some NC2 action pops up.

Bugs Gunny
21-10-04, 09:19
Yeah, i find it pretty boring also.
Money is so scarce i find myself selling all the littel pits of junk, just for the cash. Gring fees will kill you if you travel around a bit.

MaGn0lia
21-10-04, 09:29
Well, the cure for boredom for me has been a faction hop, deiced to find out what it was like on the other side of the wall, is grass so much greener there? maybe it is radiation? maybe it is just that the textures are fucked up, I don't know, but I'll be soon to find out.

darknessfairy
21-10-04, 09:33
I'll be honest. The last 2 months of NC1 i hardly ever played. I played closed beta, but when it went open, i went again.

I then decided to upgrade to NC2.. Just to see what it was really like.

I have really got into doing my epics tbh. Obv if i didnt have to raise my symp loads, and pay 300k each time to do an epic i'd be even better :p (also has anyone noticed they have decreased the amount of money you get from epics??)

I love exploring, running away from the Reds (ima carebear by trade), and chatting to people who are new.

New people are the best, they are so enthusiastic! Where can i lvl? Whats the best weapon to use? OMG I got a SLOT!!!!!!! If only some of you old timers had a thinking like they had you would have such a good time.

Remember it's been marketed as a BRAND NEW game. This is not an upgrade/expansion thingy. You WILL have to start all over again. Just be glad there wasn't a full wipe.

-df-

Xadhoom
21-10-04, 10:16
go and pk.

evs
21-10-04, 10:22
Im trying to cap 2 of my characters.
Im sure when i cap them my interest will wane as with any game.

Tbh CS:S is also killing my clan something rotten :P

eLcHi
21-10-04, 10:33
I started on Mercury with three of my chars ... made a epic here, PKd some there ... then i was broke ... bleh, sucks

After that i transferred most of my other chars to Terra ... and omg, i have seen the light again

Epics suck, granted ... not having money sucks ... allright ...

but especially the no-money part challenged me ... allthough i got a cst/research pair i despise going that route for making money ... so i decided to go HUNT

And i hunted :D

So the money-problem was mostly solved and i still have more and more stuff to do ...
Do epics on my tankie, change him tru like 5 factions
do the same on PE #1
do the same on PE #2

Explore all the new stuff like WoC ... go get a MC5 imp (dont have a single one ;) ) ... there`s just sooooo much stuff to do ...

I want to create a spy with LE and help newbies, leveling with them, sharing the experience ... yeeeeh, if i only had the time :(

Birkoff
21-10-04, 10:44
Said that already :)

The NC2 novelty quickly wore off... OP wars haven't changed.... WOC isn't implemented and I'm bored out of my mind of epics.

Does anyone else fidn themseves logging in then logging out faster than they used to in NC1?

It jsut hit me i logged on coms.. logged in.. stood aroudn wodnering what to do for about 5 mins.... found out thersnoting and logged out.

Just wondering if its jsut me.

I don't even get a chance to have a laugh on coms... the game hasn't gotthe staying power :S

Shinto
21-10-04, 11:11
err what is it with all this money problems.

did everyone exploit to get there money in the old days or something?

my tank had 600k last night before i bought a 300k apartment. thats without playing more than a hour in the past week.

i get it from hunting same as i always did, in that respect nothing has changed

however i gotta say NC1 was more fun

Velvet
21-10-04, 11:37
Well, level / mob hunt => PK / Op-war...
Hardly a fulfilling life :(
Have you ever tried to do something unusual? Like a career as a recycler? No, i don`t mean leveling up to max. and than saying: So What? It means being friendly to people. Interact with people (without shooting). I know it is a weird idea. Give it a try. There are lots of friendly people around. Some of my most entertaining evenings in NC had absolutely nothing to to with killing anything! Sounds unbelievable? Well, the whole scape of human interactions is open to you! :D

Bugs Gunny
21-10-04, 11:53
Yeah that's all fun and stuff, but right now you HAVE to make money, and do epics to get your mains into some form of fighting ability.

Then when that's done you can just roleplay your ass off etc....

DigestiveBiscui
21-10-04, 12:40
go and pk.

now how did i know you would say that :p

anyway - i've done all this in nc1

i op wared loads, i pked loads, i helped people out, i lvled

it's just now, none of my clanmates want to carry on

Teamspeak used to be 5+ in daytime to 10+ at night

now its 0 daytime 3 at night

thats why i'm bored, nc isnt the same without a laugh on teamspeak :p

eLcHi
21-10-04, 13:13
thats why i'm bored, nc isnt the same without a laugh on teamspeak :p

Thats why i quit NC1 for a while, clan was kinda inactive ...

Now there`s always like 10+ ppl on vent and that makes ALL the difference ... maybe look for a different clan ? Or go on the Free-for-All Terra Teamspeak ... i heard about that one, dunno if it`s still up ...

Jesterthegreat
21-10-04, 13:35

I have no cash

nothing new at all to do

pvp pvp pvp

DigestiveBiscui
21-10-04, 13:37
pvp pvp pvp

with who? where, im all alone :p

Jesterthegreat
21-10-04, 13:40
with who? where, im all alone :p

quit bein a merc (neutral to everyone but TG) and change clan.

if you really wanna fight VENOM is like heavon. KOS to 90% of the server :p

DigestiveBiscui
21-10-04, 13:42
quit bein a merc (neutral to everyone but TG) and change clan.

if you really wanna fight VENOM is like heavon. KOS to 90% of the server :p

i would quit mercs - but all the remaining people there i wouldn't wnt to leave tbh

+ i've been mersc for 2 years anyway :)

Bugs Gunny
21-10-04, 13:43
I feel they made Citymercs the Protopharm of NC2.

Damn you KK. You make the Professional Warrior Faction a NEUTRAL faction.

Glok
21-10-04, 13:45
CM should have hostiles in both cities. Say um... PP and CA for pro city and TG and BD for anti city.

Jesterthegreat
21-10-04, 13:47
i would quit mercs - but all the remaining people there i wouldn't wnt to leave tbh

+ i've been mersc for 2 years anyway :)

dont you go on TS with them?

so your still talking and mates with them?

then faction / clan doesnt really matter tbh

Yelly
21-10-04, 13:55
First off Aggies are not removed totally.Just changed place.
Then we got the capping of all the players.Ppl say they are bored.
And I guess many of them got chars to lvl
Then they are missing cash.Go lvl.....
It is not that difficult to get cash at all
2 hours with 2 guys and about a million
Semms fair to me.
And those that cannot find techs.....
Where in heck are you killing mobs ?
Everytime I or my friend is going out for 30-40 mins we come back with 15-30 techs
That I think is a fair drop.
And it is the payers that make the game boring.Not the game itself :)

-FN-
21-10-04, 15:53
gimmie:

player shops

more people

snow as a weather effect

haircuts

assecories

and i might be ok for a month

What he said. Cept the ass thing :p And add Item Tracking already.

Miss Naughty
21-10-04, 16:09
Theres a lot of clans saying that they are mostly inactive. My clan is the same, sometimes there is 3 or 5 people of ventrilo, sometimes none.

I was hoping that our Saturn clan would reform in NC2 but that didn't really happen. Some went to their Pluto clans, some quit, some said they'd play again when the servers filled up and more content was added. The community hasn't adapted to the new servers at all.

I don't see why it can't be as much fun as nc1, it's just that so many of us are jaded and tired of doing the same old things. I've never really found the epics that much fun, or any of the quests in fact. It's the interaction with other players that is fun. New players provide this, as well as mixing with old timers you haven't met before. Clans need to adapt, the community needs to adapt. The community is everything, the game is just a vehicle to take you there.

Shinto
21-10-04, 16:12
Theres a lot of clans saying that they are mostly inactive. My clan is the same, sometimes there is 3 or 5 people of ventrilo, sometimes none.

everytime i log on no one is on in my clan that would know me to recuit me lol

Jesterthegreat
21-10-04, 16:13

I was hoping that our Saturn clan would reform in NC2 but that didn't really happen. Some went to their Pluto clans, some quit, some said they'd play again when the servers filled up and more content was added. The community hasn't adapted to the new servers at all.

I don't see why it can't be as much fun as nc1, it's just that so many of us are jaded and tired of doing the same old things. I've never really found the epics that much fun, or any of the quests in fact. It's the interaction with other players that is fun. New players provide this, as well as mixing with old timers you haven't met before. Clans need to adapt, the community needs to adapt. The community is everything, the game is just a vehicle to take you there.

anyone who is skilled at PvP and willing to fight nearly constantly (due to our large amount of enemies including all the big anti city clans) is welcome to join VENOM (Crahn)

Switch-Blade
21-10-04, 16:42
Well The Best fun for me as been helping the noobs I have this Constructor He is a 200 construction 110 barter and i have been kitting all the noobs in the city with guns and shit.
Xtro = Constructor/Barter/Repairer/Recycler
Retrospect = Researcher/115Poker/Repairer
So any noobs need guns or stuff from my chars come i actually make money from construction so i genrally work for free. yeah thats right FREE all i ask is patience getting a shit hot multislotted weapon takes time mainly coz of the long time research takes nearly as bad as lomming.

Shinto
21-10-04, 16:48
you want something to do, well do say epics in the morning, then have it roled back in the afternoon so you can do them again

fucking good Job KK keep up the good work

Clownst0pper
21-10-04, 17:57
Im back now biccy, chill out, it will be fun again :p

joran420
21-10-04, 18:07
i think alot of clans/ppl are still just trying to get money and rares for the clans so they can be ready to get back in full tilt....and lots of newb lvling

well thats what ive been doin