PDA

View Full Version : The new Skill Window

Carinth
20-10-04, 18:55
I thought I understood how it worked, but I was wrong. With some help from mablet I was able to figure out the confusing interface. So I figured I might as well pass on this info for those that didn't notice the new features of your skill window.

The left hand side is obviously stats and right hand side is the stat that's currently selected. On the left side above each stat is a number X / Y. This is how much of the exp needed to reach your next level that you've gained so far. For example it might be 10/12M, which means you've gotten 10 out of 12mil needed to reach the next level. If you hover your cursor over this number, it'll show the exact amount you need to level (1233400exp for example). On the right hand side above your skills it shows your current exp for that stat.

At first it all looks confusing, with so many different numbers and no labels or info explaining what they represent. But once you get the hang of it, it's a really cool system. Especialy how it tells you exactly the exp you need to level.

plague
20-10-04, 19:04
yes, i like new skill window very usefull, but I think am missing point for this thread :wtf:

BlackDove
20-10-04, 19:05
Hey :)

I knew that.

:wtf:

phunqe
20-10-04, 19:07
Yeah it's also very neat when you LoM, to see how close you are to loose a level.

Tycho C
20-10-04, 19:11
Yeah, that's where I found it the most usefull, when you're about to change lvls; be it lvling or from LOMing.

Richard Blade
20-10-04, 19:16
The point is that several people in game freaked out with glee when they were told that you could hover the mouse over the skill and it would tell you what's left until the next level. Meaning that they obviously didn't know everything there was to know about that interface.

So.. Carinth's post is helping to inform people who don't know. ;)

On the topic of the interface, it seems to be missing something.
When you gain points at a level-up, they only display when you have their skill window open. So, if you have points in STR, but you have the default INT window open, you'll never know you received / have points to distribute.
The old system displayed them on the main skill section as well.
I miss that.

hudsonbeck
20-10-04, 19:36
^^ Agreed.

The only other thing i dont like about the new window is that it is too big. The 'double' window is too big; I prefered teh single windows.

Hudson

Dribble Joy
20-10-04, 20:28
^^ Agreed.

The only other thing i dont like about the new window is that it is too big. The 'double' window is too big; I prefered teh single windows.

Hudson
But it is all in one, the old one was annoying where you had to go back and worth between two windows.

The best bit is the progress bar, much usefullness.

Rade
20-10-04, 20:37
How can you not understand how it works? o_O Carinth your getting old,
should get one of these:

http://www.wheelchairjunkie.com/permobil.jpg

Birkoff
20-10-04, 21:27
How can you not understand how it works? o_O Carinth your getting old,
should get one of these:

http://www.wheelchairjunkie.com/permobil.jpg

YOu look the words right out of my mouth..... pesrsonally i think its all that bartering is getting to his head....

Carinth
20-10-04, 22:42
When I first looked at it, I thought the 10/12M was actualy my total exp and that they had converted from the 150mil exp system down to a 15mil one. I figured it was part of allowing us to gain WOC levels : )

Lots of people don't know you can hover over it to get your exp to level, just like many people don't know you can hover over the image representing your body next to health bar and get your Name and clan rank. It's not intuitive at all, just if you happen to leave the cursor there or someone tells you.

BlackDove
20-10-04, 22:45
I found out how to look at it, when I astonishingly made 8 million points for INT in an hour on my APU.

greendonkeyuk
21-10-04, 00:42
id love to know how u got 8 mill int in an hour. i only found one decent fighting way to level int in nc1 but i dont know if its the same in nc2 yet.

Rade
21-10-04, 02:12
When I first looked at it, I thought the 10/12M was actualy my total exp and that they had converted from the 150mil exp system down to a 15mil one. I figured it was part of allowing us to gain WOC levels : )

Lots of people don't know you can hover over it to get your exp to level, just like many people don't know you can hover over the image representing your body next to health bar and get your Name and clan rank. It's not intuitive at all, just if you happen to leave the cursor there or someone tells you.

Stop excusing yourself and just submit to the old geezer theory ;) :D

IceStorm
21-10-04, 02:18
The right hand side tells you your exact XP. The left hand side is for people who need a graphical bar to tell them how "close" they are.

I believe in Beta the right-hand side had a collapse button that allowed it to hide behind the graphical bar display. Either I can't find that button in Retail, or it's being obscured somewhere in the HUD with all the other windows I keep open...

Seven
21-10-04, 08:33
Good thing we have the forums.

There should be a pop up for new players that says search the forums to learn how to play this game and make sure you have a printer.

Check back weekly as most things can change frequently.