PDA

View Full Version : How I fixed my memory leak (hopefully can help you too)

BlackDove
20-10-04, 15:34
Right. I have 256mb 2100 266mhz cl2.5 RAM, that suck major ass, but I did the following, and it worked for me.

Ehh, usually before this, I'd have my pagefile expand to about 850something mb (highest I've seen it at) while the "free part" would be 4 or 2mb.

I'd have about 15-20 FRE's a day too.

Went into the pagefile options, and changed from the default 192-368 (how I had it), to 700-700mb.

The free memory to used memory ratio now in Neocron for me is 50mb free memory at all times, while used memory is 250 or lower. Two FRE's a day now (and I think that's my own fault because of the retarded TNT2 that can't process graphics correctly - got everything set to "medium").

I also defragment the drive every four or five days or so just to be on the safe side.

If you haven't done this, try it, it may help.

Hope it helps :)

SorkZmok
20-10-04, 16:07
I only got 256Mb ram too. But i got a pagefile with the same min/max size on a second harddisk . And that one isnt used for anything else when im playing nc2. And its defragmented.

Still always down to less than 10mb free memory and quite a lot fatals.

Underground
20-10-04, 16:17
I only got 256Mb ram too. But i got a pagefile with the same min/max size on a second harddisk . And that one isnt used for anything else when im playing nc2. And its defragmented.

Still always down to less than 10mb free memory and quite a lot fatals.

I think NC is only using the same drive that its installed on tbh, or does your total RAM ingame show the full size of your page file ?

Asul
20-10-04, 16:17
Normaly NC use only the pagefile @ C:, tryed that too, have NC installed on E and NC use only C: for the file. Make space and defrag your maindrive (Okay, my xp is on C: too, dont know how it works when its on other drive)

@Blackdove that I haven't tryied so far, but I will when work is over

Dromidas
21-10-04, 00:23
Doesn't help, I have 1 gig of ram and 1.5 gig in virtual ram, 1.5-1.5 (to avoid harddrive seeking/resizing) I start off with 600 free and over a few hours get down to 40 free, then a bit later down to 10..

QuakCow
21-10-04, 00:26
i use a memory freeing program that ive set to wipe 100mb of my memory if it gets below 50....havent touched pagefile..only get 2 fres a day most of the time..yesterday i had 4 :(

greendonkeyuk
21-10-04, 00:31
can anyone give idiot proof instructions on this. a complete lack of techyness is being demonstrated by me....

Dribble Joy
21-10-04, 00:38
The problem I have is not the mem leak itself, but the 'fps lag' you get when new textures/models are loaded.
There is a definite problem with the loading process. Never had any of this in closed.