PDA

View Full Version : Reza, This is a War..

Ascension
20-10-04, 09:25
Okay, so while leveling some lowbie char, as you would do.. I've come to realise that half the stuff is missing.. for example basic armours. Now in any realisitic war with two 'well' developed nations THEY ARE USUALLY EQUIPED :wtf:

Reza has the ability to drop a bomb on the opposing city but, his own citizens are running round without the basic essentials :wtf:

Im not talking about smugglers, because IRL noone would rely on smugglers.. as they would be un-relaible and goods would/could even be faulty.

Okay lets take this:

Tangent can develop advance Spy pa's Pe pa's but cant develop basic body armours :wtf: I think not!

This is a war.. and KK havent put the pieces of the jigsaw together properly instead they have made the pieces fit with scissors and glue..

anyone else agree, or is it just me being synical? :confused:

hinch
20-10-04, 09:33
recyclable leather armour?

kevlar?

battle armour?

inq 1 and 2?

hrmp armour is the one thing theres too much of tbh
if im lvling a nib tank i wont even bother putting armour on till i can wear pa2

Spermy
20-10-04, 10:03
Okay, so while leveling some lowbie char, as you would do.. I've come to realise that half the stuff is missing.. for example basic armours. Now in any realisitic war with two 'well' developed nations THEY ARE USUALLY EQUIPED :wtf:

Reza has the ability to drop a bomb on the opposing city but, his own citizens are running round without the basic essentials :wtf:

Im not talking about smugglers, because IRL noone would rely on smugglers.. as they would be un-relaible and goods would/could even be faulty.

Okay lets take this:

Tangent can develop advance Spy pa's Pe pa's but cant develop basic body armours :wtf: I think not!

This is a war.. and KK havent put the pieces of the jigsaw together properly instead they have made the pieces fit with scissors and glue..

anyone else agree, or is it just me being synical? :confused:

A+W have a shedload of useful armours dude - along with the fire belts and all other resist belts.

Wander in to Highwatch Roads A+W and see. :angel:

In the meantime - Keep those armour parts that get dropped - and get hold of a BP.

Original monk
20-10-04, 10:06

i dont think it can get any closer to the (reallife) world to be honest, sadly enough :(

Jesterthegreat
20-10-04, 14:48
Wander in to Highwatch Roads A+W and see. :angel:

thats via rosso, near the subway right?

thats where kevlar / battle 1 has been since NC1 retail.

whenever i want noob armour i have always gone there. i havent checked it since NC2, but kevlar / battle 1 / inv 1 has never been in mainstream shops afaik

Darth Slayer
20-10-04, 14:50
thats via rosso, near the subway right?

thats where kevlar / battle 1 has been since NC1 retail.

whenever i want noob armour i have always gone there. i havent checked it since NC2, but kevlar / battle 1 / inv 1 has never been in mainstream shops afaik
No Longer there. Just rokwear and round the back HI Tech shops.
Plaza 1 there is A&W selling low tech equipment.

Scorpius.

Jesterthegreat
20-10-04, 15:26
No Longer there. Just rokwear and round the back HI Tech shops.
Plaza 1 there is A&W selling low tech equipment.

Scorpius.

ill have to remember that if i ever reroll :)

BlackDove
20-10-04, 15:49
recyclable leather armour?

kevlar?

battle armour?

inq 1 and 2?

hrmp armour is the one thing theres too much of tbh
if im lvling a nib tank i wont even bother putting armour on till i can wear pa2

Never use any armor when I level too.

It's not like I'll PvP when I'm a lowbie, and it's good for my con when the armor is off :p

Ascension
20-10-04, 15:55
Never use any armor when I level too.

It's not like I'll PvP when I'm a lowbie, and it's good for my con when the armor is off :p

im talking.. about hrmn.. slightly higher levels.

BlackDove
20-10-04, 15:56
Errrrrrrrr..........................

:wtf:

Lowest PA is the slightest higher level that I'm ever going to use armor on :wtf:

Spermy
20-10-04, 16:06
@ Jest - Not sure. The zone with the next HQ and the ASG in it. the grav lifts - with 3 floors - 2nd floor are two A+W shops - IIRC - They sell the basic armours and some Level 2 and 3 Battles - Plus belts.

Glok
20-10-04, 16:14
Mid-high level psi modules. :(

evs
20-10-04, 16:23
Eh?

recyclable armour - kevlar - battle - duranit - inq - duranium - pa's

There's no 'armour gap' at all at the moment.

What do you want? A diff armour at every STR?

As for mid to high level psi modules..

umm.... holy enr halo, fire halo, holy fire halo, holy enr barrel.

You want more? by the time you have capped holy enr halo, you can use holy enr barrel, and by near cap on that - you are up to enr beam.

easy levelling - they hard bit is finding decent 60/60 mobs to kill that *arent* hoppers.

Spermy
20-10-04, 17:17
Eh?

recyclable armour - kevlar - battle - duranit - inq - duranium - pa's

There's no 'armour gap' at all at the moment.

What do you want? A diff armour at every STR?

As for mid to high level psi modules..

umm.... holy enr halo, fire halo, holy fire halo, holy enr barrel.

You want more? by the time you have capped holy enr halo, you can use holy enr barrel, and by near cap on that - you are up to enr beam.

easy levelling - they hard bit is finding decent 60/60 mobs to kill that *arent* hoppers.

swamp cave gliders aren't that bad - deal a lot less damage than the hoppers too. Everyones happeh. Sure the rank is higher - but they aren't too hard to beat.

Iorghe
20-10-04, 17:20
@ Jest - Not sure. The zone with the next HQ and the ASG in it. the grav lifts - with 3 floors - 2nd floor are two A+W shops - IIRC - They sell the basic armours and some Level 2 and 3 Battles - Plus belts.
Plaza 4

Spermy
20-10-04, 17:21
:D

Thankies dude :)

jernau
20-10-04, 17:25
@ Jest - Not sure. The zone with the next HQ and the ASG in it. the grav lifts - with 3 floors - 2nd floor are two A+W shops - IIRC - They sell the basic armours and some Level 2 and 3 Battles - Plus belts.Plaza 4

/edit - Damn. Too slow again.

IIRC they didn't have lowbie armour in NC1 though.

Militaryman
20-10-04, 17:35
I wouldn't mind a slightly lower dex requirement armor.. for the spy on the go..:p

Or a set of Int armor for the hardcore crafters, doctors, and hackers. :)

At reasonable intervals.. 10-15-25-35-50-60-75-90-105-115 (for both the dex and Int armors..)

StryfeX
20-10-04, 19:03
Plaza 4

/edit - Damn. Too slow again.

IIRC they didn't have lowbie armour in NC1 though.They did, but it was in PP3 iirc.

--Stryfe

jernau
20-10-04, 19:07
They did, but it was in PP3 iirc.

--Stryfe
I meant I thought the ones in P4 didn't sell it.

Personally I always bought lowbie armour from Yos at OZ station because you usually outgrow it before it breaks.

For some reason all those shops are boarded up now though. :wtf: :mad: :( :confused:

capt-o
21-10-04, 07:26
Yea that was my strategy as well jernau, good place to get shabby equipment for BP's as well. And while we're on the subject what happened with TH sec3, those weren't FA faction employees.....

I rationalized the OZ station thing like this: "Yo's only has so many employees and DOY would be an important new market for them."

Hope KK does something with it, I liked it as it always seemed to be the closest thing NC had to a mall.