PDA

View Full Version : We have some adventurous newbies

Glok
20-10-04, 07:15
I just spent some time ingame talking to someone who wants to spend their Neocron existence permanently red. We discussed all kinds of things, do you need an alt? do you need PA? can you stay hidden long enough to re-earn what you lose? We discussed what to carry, what you will drop on death and what you need to do to stay alive. This was fucking enlightening to me, tbh. Why don't we have more hardcore players like this?

I know you read these forums, red player, so if you want you can add your feelings on this too. :)

I would like to remind everyone that MeGaMaN and Psycho Killa tried this a year or so ago, and lost millions and gave up the quest.

THE_TICK!!!!
20-10-04, 07:22
good luck to you (RED) player..i wish you the best !!!!

Glok
20-10-04, 07:31
Oh by the way, we have something we didn't have before. TH is a safe zone with no SL guards.

MaGn0lia
20-10-04, 07:36
An outlaw in neocron, interesting. Though it doesn't seem to be that hard if you are going to camp it, just sit in TH and if you gain SL just kill the vendors.
But the real hard part is to travel across wastes and cities.

Glok
20-10-04, 07:37
You can't draw weapons in TH so no vendor killin'.

tiikeri
20-10-04, 07:39
Get out of TH and walk to redrock/gaba and kill NPC there without getting seen / until NCPD gets updated? problem solved.

MaGn0lia
20-10-04, 08:23
Soz Glok didn't remember, must have been the old times in my mind.

bounty
20-10-04, 08:54
i think one could do this fairly easily with stealth.

IceStorm
20-10-04, 08:58
i think one could do this fairly easily with stealth.Against other players, yes. Against Soul Light guards? No. Soul Light guards are stealth-blind. Copbots and Jailhouse guards can see through stealth. I don't know if the DoY guards or Crazy Horse Security are soul light triggered or not.

sebastien
20-10-04, 10:19
How about an apt in the Canyon for the truly adventurous sort? =p

Bugs Gunny
20-10-04, 10:30
Copbots and DOY guards CAN'T see through stealth, because last night i had a TG pistol spy attacking me in front of DRE HQ.

As for Red SL. Once upon a time, there were some people roleplaying on Saturn, we live at crest, factionless, red SL. Great fun, untill everyone came there to kills us to regain SL.

IceStorm
20-10-04, 10:33
Copbots and DOY guards CAN'T see through stealthCopbots (and I presume DoY guards) are Soul Light guards. They only attack those with less than -16 Soul Light (or less than -15, I can never remember the dividing line). They're not faction guards, or at least weren't in NC1. They are blind to stealth. If you don't believe me, drop your SL to -18 and stand in front of a Copbot, or walk into the Jail as a BD with positive soul light (+16 and up should trigger the Jail guards).

Dim
20-10-04, 11:30
Walked my ppu to Tangent HQ once.. (being Crahn.. with positive soullight) both Copbots and Crazy Horse Security guards were shooting her along the way.

Shinto
20-10-04, 11:32
i went red SL a few times in NC1 back as a melee tank, lost a fair few rares, tbh the cost far our weights the benefit since as a tank you cant get the belt, nor can you jack the targets weapons like you used to.

but then lets face it you would have more people than now with PPUs.

OMG im gonna lose my rare, get up my bum PPU and keep me alive

bling
20-10-04, 11:51
In my opinion DOY Guards shoudnt atack red sl runners.

Would be more interesting to have a city with where killers and traders life together ;)

cīmon its the Dome of York. Twilight zone ;)

Bugs Gunny
20-10-04, 12:04
Yeah, sorry about that misunderstanding there.

You're right. I remember getting -36 SL on my then pistol spy, i thought it would be agood idea to gr to plaza2 while obliterated, going to a citycom and ddo aggie missions there to get back to -30.

BAD BAD IDEA, lost many many things when i gred in.
(obliterator, pistol, heal, pa,...)

Riddle
20-10-04, 13:19
I thought i read a while back that the jailhouse was gonna be the place to live with red sl. i.e you get appy there with a few smugglers for shit you lose when killed?

Agent L
20-10-04, 13:31
Copbots (and I presume DoY guards) are Soul Light guards. They only attack those with less than -16 Soul Light (or less than -15, I can never remember the dividing line). They're not faction guards, or at least weren't in NC1. They are blind to stealth. If you don't believe me, drop your SL to -18 and stand in front of a Copbot, or walk into the Jail as a BD with positive soul light (+16 and up should trigger the Jail guards).
It has changed. They are now Aliance guards. When I (TG with +96 SL) zoned from plaza1 to plaza3 I was shot by CopBot before syncing completed.
So my faction triggered them and it was fastest aggro I've ever seen in NC.
Dunno how SL works on them now.

Bugs Gunny
20-10-04, 13:43
+96 SL.... I wonder if i can hack that belt on a 150 nat hacker.