PDA

View Full Version : Could this be posible?

ZyproN
19-10-04, 20:39
After the Saturn rollback I lost some levels, and I'm leveling in swamp caves or somewhere else, but I hate it when I fatal (Already happend 4-5 times) Then when i log back then I'am dead.

You all know it from opwars you zone up from UG and you crash, GG.
If they can't fix the damn fatals, crashes, maybe they can do that you are immortal, so when you log in you are the same as when you fataled.

I just write this couse I'm so tired of fatal then die, happend so many times.

joran420
19-10-04, 20:43
sure it would be possible....but afaik to neocron client a fatal looks just like an alt + f4

anytime anyone was overwhelmed they would just alt + f4

phunqe
19-10-04, 20:44
It is technically possible to send a final "SOS", by trapping the fatal (not in 100% of the cases however), to the server if you fatal.
Problem is that you can crash a program via external intervention, so certain people would probably end up using a "crash bot" to use at their convenience.

Serpent
19-10-04, 20:53
fatal is like alt +f4

if u goin to loose an op fight, the whole team just press alt + f4 and is immortal.... any ideas ? :o

phunqe
19-10-04, 21:02
I fatal very seldom when using Alt-F4.
The signal sent to a program when you Alt-F4 and when you crash is different :)
(Windows doesn't have signals in the same meaning I know, but I don't program on windows in C etc so I won't go into that. But you can differentiate it... If I didn't hit my head that is).

Anyway, some apparently crash almost everytime when using Alt-F4 so yes... It would be an unfair advantage :p

Killfly
19-10-04, 21:36
Alt-F4 ?

giga191
19-10-04, 21:42
You can do so that you FRE if try to use your stealth tool

Radamez
19-10-04, 21:43
Perhaps make it so you're invincible to mob damage only? If it was realistic code-wise it'd save at least some frustration.

-=Dredduk=-
19-10-04, 22:08
Some?? most of my frustration is when im fighting in pepper park and im winning then i fatal... and end up dead....especially if im winning.

Zoning out of mc5 is fun on a ppu.... zone........FATAL log back in DEAD.

Or when you escaping from a team of enemys... you run click on the GR to escape out and you fatal at the GR.

Or when you kill 6 warbots that f*cking spawn on top of you while hacking... then manage to kill them then go to hack them all for some nice techs for you effort... fatal.. log in there gone... fatal again log in dead with a spy with SH looking over you sexing your courpse.

Or going across wastland on pro city char... do venture warp... fatal.. log in dead with a doy unit in the distance.

Or fatal... log in half way a down a mountain fall flat on the gorund =dead

Or fatal during hacknet log in =dead

Or on apu fatal in aggies.. log in to find some 2 nibs under rank 20 knifing you fun then die.

Or fatal and find your self next to a mob when you log in=dead

Or Fatal when you in a opwar and going up from the UG=dead

Or Fatal in a opwar when you change your weapon=dead

Or fataling when using heal=log in dead

Now.... we all luv fatals O_o

ridec
19-10-04, 22:59
Yeah maybe to mobs only realy anoying when leveling and you crash.

Not only for my i can maybe survive couse i have sd on me but if its a newbie its still not funny, if first time you go into a cave and try to level and you die couse of a fatal, its not that greatest experience in nc.

giga191
19-10-04, 23:02
After the Saturn rollback I lost some levels, and I'm leveling in swamp caves or somewhere else, but I hate it when I fatal (Already happend 4-5 times) Then when i log back then I'am dead.

You all know it from opwars you zone up from UG and you crash, GG.
If they can't fix the damn fatals, crashes, maybe they can do that you are immortal, so when you log in you are the same as when you fataled.

I just write this couse I'm so tired of fatal then die, happend so many times.
Same principle should go for the glider collision dmg. If you can't fix it, remove it.

Jesterthegreat
20-10-04, 03:18
Some?? most of my frustration is when im fighting in pepper park and im winning then i fatal... and end up dead....especially if im winning.

Zoning out of mc5 is fun on a ppu.... zone........FATAL log back in DEAD.

Or when you escaping from a team of enemys... you run click on the GR to escape out and you fatal at the GR.

Or when you kill 6 warbots that f*cking spawn on top of you while hacking... then manage to kill them then go to hack them all for some nice techs for you effort... fatal.. log in there gone... fatal again log in dead with a spy with SH looking over you sexing your courpse.

Or going across wastland on pro city char... do venture warp... fatal.. log in dead with a doy unit in the distance.

Or fatal... log in half way a down a mountain fall flat on the gorund =dead

Or fatal during hacknet log in =dead

Or on apu fatal in aggies.. log in to find some 2 nibs under rank 20 knifing you fun then die.

Or fatal and find your self next to a mob when you log in=dead

Or Fatal when you in a opwar and going up from the UG=dead

Or Fatal in a opwar when you change your weapon=dead

Or fataling when using heal=log in dead

Now.... we all luv fatals O_o

i think Redd Harvest said it best...

I am convinced that it is somehow able to monitor your heart-rate. Whenever you're just about to do anything exciting it says "Hold up - Elevated pulse detected" and FRE's.

Omnituens
20-10-04, 14:04
its the same with that 50hlt/80stam/0psi sync bug

doesnt matter whats around you, you WILL be dead.

J. Folsom
20-10-04, 15:17
Same principle should go for the glider collision dmg. If you can't fix it, remove it.
I don't think so. Those are exactly the kind of half-assed fixes some people hate KK for. It doesn't solve the real problem in itself, it's just a silly fix.

Agent L
21-10-04, 01:20
Anyone remember diablo2? What was you doing when health was closing to 0? yeah, Alt-F4.

1 thing more - Alt-F4 is client sending command "close connection". Fatal is client stopping responding.
Noone can say what happened - client crashed, comp crashed, comp was resetted, connection was cut off or mayebe it is only a lag and in next second everything will be back to normal.

Agent L
21-10-04, 01:21
Flying glider is simply not easy, that's all. Invisible collisions are predictable.

Omnituens
21-10-04, 05:51
doesnt help when OP walls are 3 times higher than what they appear to be :mad:

tiikeri
21-10-04, 06:12
Anyone remember diablo2? What was you doing when health was closing to 0? yeah, Alt-F4.

Hahah :) i remember the panics when accidently did WW with IM on :)
After losing one 92lvl HC Barbarian i learned my lesson.

And there's nothing funnier than doing train for 8ppl in HC hells Chaos Sanctuary *taps his good ol' GF*

But the game got boring after 1.10 patch. Doing HC hell baal runs SOLO with lvl 97 Javazon in 5-10 minutes (without MH).

Edit: Once a HC, Always HC. (1.03 -> 1.10)

Jesterthegreat
21-10-04, 12:55
comp was resetted, connection was cut off

fatal may be different to alt F4, but if its the same as disconnect / pc reset its still exploitable :(

and yeah i remember than in D2 :p in single player it wasnt even that... esc paused the game so it was exc > save and quit :p

ZyproN
21-10-04, 12:58
Yeah but what if they only adds that in hunting zones? (caves) couse im realy tired if you are solo a cave and you computer crash, fatal you can be sure that you are dead when you log in again.

Not only me but think about all the new players.

Jesterthegreat
21-10-04, 13:13
Yeah but what if they only adds that in hunting zones? (caves) couse im realy tired if you are solo a cave and you computer crash, fatal you can be sure that you are dead when you log in again.

Not only me but think about all the new players.

then caves become a safe pvp zone? "onoz a pker! unplug the net connection!"

dunkan
21-10-04, 13:18
the only time i fatal is when i alt tab and thats about it

ZyproN
21-10-04, 13:26
you shitty lucky, I fatal sometimes when i switch from heal to weapon.