PDA

View Full Version : ATI Radeon Cards

Davanzati
19-10-04, 19:47
Hopefully this will be helpful to someone...

I have a network at home with three comps. My Intel P4 3.2 GHz w/ Radeon 9800 XT has always run fine with NC in DX7 and DX9 modes using the ATI Catalyst drivers (approx. three or four months old) and a base install of WinXP. The second comp on the network is an Intel P4 2.0 GHz w/ Radeon 9600 XT. With a fresh install of WinXP and the latest Catalyst drivers, NC began giving distorted 3D geometry, weird texture patterns and the like. I tried the XP drivers, older Catalyst drivers, reinstalling NC and nothing seemed to work. The graphics were screwed up in both DX7 and DX9 modes. I finally read through the ATI site more and noticed that XP Service Pack 2 is recommended with the latest drivers. After SP2, voila problem solved.

So, in short, if you're having problems try the latest ATI drivers, XP SP2, and unload any memory resident proggies (anti-virus, ad blockers, and most especially any programs like Window Blinds).

Endar
19-10-04, 22:37
The only problem with my computer is classic:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_THAN_EQUAL and
PAGE_ERROR_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA

Damn I just love my legal XP... I wonder why I ever paid anything for this piece of... Well you know what I was going to say.

Anyway I have Sapphire 9800 pro and I have no problems with Neocron 2.

Glok
19-10-04, 22:54
I have a 9600SE, no problems here either. I'm so pleased with it, I am getting a 9800Pro as my next card. That's right, last years technology, I ain't rich. :)

Rhywden
19-10-04, 23:04
The only problem with my computer is classic:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_THAN_EQUAL and
PAGE_ERROR_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA

Damn I just love my legal XP... I wonder why I ever paid anything for this piece of... Well you know what I was going to say.

Anyway I have Sapphire 9800 pro and I have no problems with Neocron 2.
You do know that those errors are mostly created by faulty 3rd party drivers? It's not the fault of XP if those drivers do something they really shouldn't...