PDA

View Full Version : Urban Neocron Legends

Crest
19-10-04, 17:45
Ok, so I was reading a thread earlier and some of what the guys were saying, was definatley a NC legend

1) You drop normally the last thing hacked out of a belt or put in your inventory
2) Constructing at a certain time, or in a certain place increased the slot chances ...

So why not share sopme of these tyoe events / even if you think its true, just through it in anyways

Dribble Joy
19-10-04, 18:02
AGL affects dmg taken from melee.

Ozzon
19-10-04, 18:14
CST buff lowers the slot chance, drugs lower the slot chance when mixed with the op bonus. :rolleyes:

(eXo) Opaleye
19-10-04, 18:22
This NC legend seems to work - though I do not know why:

-Sitting while ressing helps with fail percentages, especially helpful with E parts and mc5's

I have 175 skill and 150 tool and havn't broken 1 single E or mc5 part since I began sitting to res parts !

-Sitting while constructing seems to have the same effect. ie. less failures
I tested this while doing cst missions from faction symp 51 to 99 with hard tl 100 jobs (126) skill and noticed a big difference. The biggest difference I noticed was that when I failed to build when sittting I diddn't break the data cube - I broke many when constructing/standing.

Radamez
19-10-04, 18:22
FRE's are down to our badly configured systems and not shoddy code.

zii
19-10-04, 18:36
you know what, my sync problems are down to my dogy laptop. Its right up the creek, but my other laptop is nice and stable. Well, it still FREs, but only hourly. :)

J. Folsom
19-10-04, 18:37
This NC legend seems to work - though I do not know why:

-Sitting while ressing helps with fail percentages, especially helpful with E parts and mc5's

I have 175 skill and 150 tool and havn't broken 1 single E or mc5 part since I began sitting to res parts !

-Sitting while constructing seems to have the same effect. ie. less failures
I tested this while doing cst missions from faction symp 51 to 99 with hard tl 100 jobs (126) skill and noticed a big difference. The biggest difference I noticed was that when I failed to build when sittting I diddn't break the data cube - I broke many when constructing/standing.
I think it might be true too. I noticed this myself back when I was a researcher.

I do know that stuff like running around while constructing/researching make it take longer then if you're standing still. I haven't really tried if sitting makes a difference or not.

naimex
19-10-04, 18:58
dr0ms are diseasefree

MkVenner
19-10-04, 19:04
heals speed up the loss of SI

J. Folsom
19-10-04, 19:08
Teaming with a psi monk helps cap your psi as a tank or spy. (And variations of this)

This one is perhaps the most persistant one I've ever seen, considering it's been a looooong time since that was the case.

Spoon
19-10-04, 19:28
Urban legends like the one on Terra Trade spam channel last night?

I never heard of it till last night.

"Over speccing Implant above TL115, keeps the implant in longer(doesn't pop out as easily), when poked in by an overspecced Poker.....

mmmm, k..........

Sorin
19-10-04, 19:32
- Construction Skill has a sweet spot with slots. Not enough is bad, too much is bad. If in doubt, have a high base CST skill, but only use implants that increase dex/int and NOT CST. Also virtually guarantees 4-5 slot rares.

:rolleyes:

Spermy
19-10-04, 19:33
*Looks for jernau's Siggy...*

Well - the man has a point!

QuantumDelta
19-10-04, 19:35
Urban legends like the one on Terra Trade spam channel last night?

I never heard of it till last night.

"Over speccing Implant above TL115, keeps the implant in longer(doesn't pop out as easily), when poked in by an overspecced Poker.....

mmmm, k..........
ROTFL.
If that were true it'd still pop out more often than any other implant because it would be the one least overspecced for :p

--
Same with SF/Marine/etc. Classic stuff :p

|R@zor|
19-10-04, 20:04
Some of the things you hear ingame are silly.

A few months ago a couple of clanmates of mine came up with idea that constructing at 8am ingame time increased slot chances, they tested this by constructing dozens of Electric Tempests at different times, and came out with several 5 slotters, which were all made at 8am ingame time.

I reckon that ones just a myth tho :rolleyes:

Sorin
19-10-04, 20:14

A few months ago a couple of clanmates of mine came up with idea that constructing at 8am ingame time increased slot chances, they tested this by constructing dozens of Electric Tempests at different times, and came out with several 5 slotters, which were all made at 8am ingame time.

I do have a sneaking suspicion that slot chances are determined in part until you zone/relog. Several times I've noticed that in building batches of dissimilar rares, the slots will be similar. For example, one time I built about half-dozen rares ranging from melee to pistols to rifles and all came out 0 or 1 slot. Another time I built several rares ranging from rifles to spells, and all came out 3-4 slots. Another time I built several more rares and they all came out 1-2 slots.

There was no correlation between day, time, rain dance, location, etc. The only thing that was the same in all cases was imp/skill setup. So I'm thinking there's maybe some sort of factor that's determined when you zone or log which influences slots chances, which doesn't change until you zone or relog again?

Or hell, maybe its a timer of some sort, because I didn't try to build more rares later on, but before I zoned/relog.

Just a possibility. Could be total bullshit and just pure luck though. Dunno.

jernau
19-10-04, 20:18
Damn, all the good ones are gone :(
err...
- Putting rare parts into the processor "in order" increases slots
- PSI Resist reduces damage from monks/para/psi-attack/etc
- Epic kills need both ranks within 10 points
- Combat rank affects slots
- Hunting at certain times improves loot

- Starkes could kill an unarmed 0/2 without using exploits and bugs
- GR-Camping proves you are well-endowed
- Droners will be fixed before hell freezes over
- Swearing at unpaid GMs gets them to help you more

AGL affects dmg taken from melee.IIRC that used to be in the manual and/or the online help.

Sitting down is/was meant to make some things happen quicker. I always assumed that was somehow connected to why it also seems to reduce RES/CST failures.

Radamez
19-10-04, 20:20

Early bird catches the slots as they say :p

It's amazing how people buy into these off the wall theories, I once complained that my SA was popping almost every time I died. People claimed it was a well known fact that if you have a higher TL poker (over 115) that it's less likely to pop.

QD's simple math proves it's bullshit, although I didn't think of that at the time :lol:

Here's another - I was once told to stand up instead of sit down when waiting off SI as it was supposedly faster :rolleyes:

Birkoff
19-10-04, 21:00
ROTFL.
If that were true it'd still pop out more often than any other implant because it would be the one least overspecced for :p

--
Same with SF/Marine/etc. Classic stuff :p

MONK BOENS NEVER COME OUT.... ok im lying... :D

50% of the time all that comes out isa bone so thats so BS :D

SilKK
19-10-04, 21:08
i remember that urban legend how silkk (apu monk) Pked a whole cartel op force with a stilletto

i still here the storys

Birkoff
19-10-04, 21:10
i remember that urban legend how silkk (apu monk) Pked a whole cartel op force with a stilletto

i still here the storys

Really... damn those chinnese whispers.. i heard he tried but died to fall damage on the way and dropped his stileto

naimex
19-10-04, 21:13
Really... damn those chinnese whispers.. i heard he tried but died to fall damage on the way and dropped his stileto

.... I have the stiletto... but itīs broken...

Nidhogg
19-10-04, 21:31
It is rumoured that somewhere in one of the caves you can find Excalibur, still waiting for the once and future king to draw it from the Stone.

N

(eXo) Opaleye
19-10-04, 21:40
ROFL

Liked that one Nid !!

Q. Is there a char named Arthur in NC2

A. Its just a rumor

jernau
19-10-04, 21:58
It is rumoured that somewhere in one of the caves you can find Excalibur, still waiting for the once and future king to draw it from the Stone.

NIt would be rather cool if rather than the ESB dropping from the Aparition you hacked it from a large rock on that little island.

/edit - I fully expect to hear Nid's post stated as a fact at some point in the future and to be told it must be true because a GM said so.

Endar
19-10-04, 22:28
- With Law Enforcer in you will level up slower and gain less money from killing monsters.

Sorry I just had to say that since I just overheard someone saying that to a newbie last night, happily the newbie was smart enought to read his email and check the implant :lol:

- At lower levels you have higher changes to get slots :p

Damn, I ran out of the myths..

Sorin
19-10-04, 23:07
- Implants can take damage while they are implanted in you.

:rolleyes: I had a buddy in game that wouldn't do an epic kill for me for the sole reason that he believed his Dimension Splitter would lose quality just by me dealing him damage. Not dying mind you, just simply in being damaged.

Bullshit Detector: Full blast.

Birkoff
19-10-04, 23:07
- With Law Enforcer in you will level up slower and gain less money from killing monsters

Thats not a urban legend... it was true b/c there used to be different reqs on weapons when u had you're LE in.

kurai
19-10-04, 23:16
Thats not a urban legend... it was true b/c there used to be different reqs on weapons when u had you're LE in.*used to*

It's hasn't been true for some considerable time.

I get exactly the money and XP I got with my old NC1 non-LE runner as I do with my NC2 LE one.

Shinto
19-10-04, 23:44

i still here the storys

i heard one that the whole of the merc force killed self when they heard cartel were coming to take there ops :rolleyes:

- Starkes could kill an unarmed 0/2 without using exploits and bugs
lol

- GR-Camping proves you are well-endowederr sorry this one isnt a legend its true *checks himself out* yup its true alright

back to GR ganking for me ;)

Birkoff
19-10-04, 23:46
*used to*

It's hasn't been true for some considerable time.

I get exactly the money and XP I got with my old NC1 non-LE runner as I do with my NC2 LE one.

ya thats what i said, so it isn't an urban legand.

capt-o
20-10-04, 00:10
the one about your SI going down faster when using a heal may have some basis in reality. When you use the heal the client supposedly communicates with the server more, update-wise, so it appears to go down faster.

Anna
20-10-04, 00:36
not as much an urban legend as a strange coincidence

back in the old times i had a cster on uranus
personally i never managed to make more then a 3 slot, ever

when i let a friend of mine build, who had never played nc, he had 1 or 2 5-slotters in every batch

on the exact same char offcourse

Darkana
20-10-04, 01:27

I still have to laugh about this silly bug back in beta4 where the LE chip got damaged while it was in your head (at the time when KK finally introduced item damage). :D

jnky
20-10-04, 01:38
erm...The scorpion queen exists
Not on Pluto she never, though lots had seen her.
Must have been using her Obliterator the times ive been down there :wtf:

sniff... 2 years and never danced with the scorpian queen

btw does she spawn on Terra ?

Ascension
20-10-04, 01:56
btw does she spawn on Terra ?

Last time i heard it did m8.. saw peeps selling the titan armour on trade.. go dance with her now.. shes 'hot' literally :p

jnky
20-10-04, 02:04
:angel: omw :angel:

kurai
20-10-04, 02:17
- That continuing to pile damage on a dead runner will damage his armour further.

One of the trademarks of my playstyle, when bored, was to tie up entire enemy clans running around a zone trying to nail my stealthing ass, while I continually harrassed them by picking off stragglers etc when they got careless and wandered more than an arms length from their normally anally installed PPUs.

Unsurprisingly after what often ended up as hour long, or more, sessions of this many got *amazingly* frustrated and would practically explode with orgasmic glee when I finally made a fatal mistake and they got me :D

I would lay there for a while amusing myself reading the Local chatter in console.log while they worked themselves into a vengeful frenzy ...

Many's the time I heard one bright spark suggest to the others that they should "wreck that fuckers armour" as a `punishment`. Pure fiction of course - it just wasted their time/ammo/weapon condition. :D

(on one occasion the enemy clan even tried to push my corpse from the centre of a warzone to a neighbouring anarchy zone to rezkill and hack my belts. They were remarkably perserverant ... got me to within 50m of the zoneline before I clicked the Release button and GR'ed out :angel: )

Xeno LARD
20-10-04, 02:42

HAHAHAHAH You sounded serious, oh wait... shii

OmegaVII
20-10-04, 02:43

:rolleyes: I had a buddy in game that wouldn't do an epic kill for me for the sole reason that he believed his Dimension Splitter would lose quality just by me dealing him damage. Not dying mind you, just simply in being damaged.

Bullshit Detector: Full blast.

well now that you mention it, some time near the end of beta 4 kk decided to mess with some stuff and implanted implants could be damaged. kind of sucked to seeing as your le started off at about 12%/12% so after about 5 mins it would fall out and the noob sewers would turn in to a gank fest.

- there is a BBB (big blue ball) hidden somewhere in TH, and a BGB (big green ball) hidden somewhere in NC (to go along with the BYB in MB)

people spent weeks trying to find them, i think every inch of maps must have been searched, no one ever found them :)

and crouching/sitting whilst cst/res/imp/rep use to speed up the process so i guess there could be some left over efect from this still

Jesterthegreat
20-10-04, 02:45
(on one occasion the enemy clan even tried to push my corpse from the centre of a warzone to a neighbouring anarchy zone to rezkill and hack my belts. They were remarkably perserverant ... got me to within 50m of the zoneline before I clicked the Release button and GR'ed out :angel: )

hahaha... fantastic :D

Xeno LARD
20-10-04, 02:45
- That continuing to pile damage on a dead runner will damage his armour further.

One of the trademarks of my playstyle, when bored, was to tie up entire enemy clans running around a zone trying to nail my stealthing ass, while I continually harrassed them by picking off stragglers etc when they got careless and wandered more than an arms length from their normally anally installed PPUs.

Unsurprisingly after what often ended up as hour long, or more, sessions of this many got *amazingly* frustrated and would practically explode with orgasmic glee when I finally made a fatal mistake and they got me :D

I would lay there for a while amusing myself reading the Local chatter in console.log while they worked themselves into a vengeful frenzy ...

Many's the time I heard one bright spark suggest to the others that they should "wreck that fuckers armour" as a `punishment`. Pure fiction of course - it just wasted their time/ammo/weapon condition. :D

Who said this isn't Tank'o'Cron. Check out the second screenie :|.

Jesterthegreat
20-10-04, 02:46

almost 2 tanks to each PPU?

yeah monks arent important now! :p

:edit: theres a tank in the distance... 2 tanks per PPU then :p

Birkoff
20-10-04, 11:31

The screenie was probably taken when the rav was "the daddy".

@ trhe pushing thing its even funnier when u stealth and get away :D

Shinto
20-10-04, 11:40
The screenie was probably taken when the dev was "the daddy".

ya i remember one op fight before the dev was the ppu killer and there was 2 tanks myself on the side of Titans and The Gamer for ASEN, the rest about 15-20 people were either monks or spies for the hack

although it was sad it was good cos i was one of a few back then, then suddenly the dev came and every tank and his dog came out the wood work with one.

Birkoff
20-10-04, 11:42
I remember the first fight i had as dark again FF when kayne had 1. It was pointless it was liek 4 bursts and a fully bufffed runnr droppped lol.

OH i forgot:

Alt tabing speeds up reset_position and sitting down slows down SI lose

Capt. Rik
20-10-04, 11:50
Urban legend - The strange book started a quest for the terminator

(Note: I know it was supposed to, doesn't look like it's gonna happen now tho)

Agent L
20-10-04, 13:55
haha, you laugh at legends, while in fact some of them are true.
Like the LE - in doy beta a bug brought back the XP penalty on LE. Personally I don't know if that is fixed now.
Cst is still a mystery... simply coz skill you see is not always skill you use, just like armours : D
So in every legend there is a seed of truth.

Capt. Rik
20-10-04, 13:56
It's an urban myth that someone will eventually get a higher post count than QuantumDelta :p :lol:

KRIMINAL99
20-10-04, 13:58

I don't know if that qualifies as an urban legend considering it used to be specifically stated in its description.

IMO its right up there with resist psi. It probably does effect it somehow but god knows how. I have noticed differences before with resist psi, but it seemed to be an interaction factor more than a direct difference. As in the more say fire resist I had the more resist psi would reduce the damage from a flamevalanche over what would be done from fire resist alone. And if you had 0 fire resist it wouldnt do anything.

I do have a sneaking suspicion that slot chances are determined in part until you zone/relog. Several times I've noticed that in building batches of dissimilar rares, the slots will be similar. For example, one time I built about half-dozen rares ranging from melee to pistols to rifles and all came out 0 or 1 slot. Another time I built several rares ranging from rifles to spells, and all came out 3-4 slots. Another time I built several more rares and they all came out 1-2 slots.

There was no correlation between day, time, rain dance, location, etc. The only thing that was the same in all cases was imp/skill setup. So I'm thinking there's maybe some sort of factor that's determined when you zone or log which influences slots chances, which doesn't change until you zone or relog again?

Or hell, maybe its a timer of some sort, because I didn't try to build more rares later on, but before I zoned/relog.

Just a possibility. Could be total bullshit and just pure luck though. Dunno.

It's called random number seed being reused in the game code. Somehow, somewhere Im willing to bet there is a oversight in the random number usage that makes construct do something its not supposed to do. Such that even if they tell us construct works a certain way it may not.

Birkoff
20-10-04, 14:00
It's an urban myth that someone will eventually get a higher post count than QuantumDelta :p :lol:

His names shadow dancer... and he has over his 2 accounts

jernau
20-10-04, 14:00
**cough** SD **cough**

/edit - damn you birkoff :p

Capt. Rik
20-10-04, 14:03
His names shadow dancer... and he has over his 2 accounts

Don't understand the 2 accounts thing but:

Shadow Dancer - 8333 posts
QuantumDelta - 9198 posts

jernau
20-10-04, 14:05

He has another account

Capt. Rik
20-10-04, 14:08
Edit: nevermind, i understand now :)

Hazard01
20-10-04, 14:11
Just to give it an international touch:

- There are 120/120 robotic Shark Mobs in the Mainsewer. You have to dive deep down in order to find them.

Kept running in NC1 for very long :)

MaGn0lia
20-10-04, 14:22
LE lowers exp gain and with LE weapon reqs are higher :p

jernau
20-10-04, 14:23
Now we're just listing historical changes.

They aren't urban legends.

btw - Did anyone ever really believe that shark one. :wtf:

Dribble Joy
20-10-04, 14:25
btw - Did anyone ever really believe that shark one. :wtf:
Couple of the FCs had me going for a while. :p

hinch

this is true whilstever you have your back to the melee char and are running away damage taken = 0 :)

J. Folsom
btw - Did anyone ever really believe that shark one. :wtf:I had a clanmate once who kept trying to talk the clan into searching for it. But whether he believed it or not isn't really proven by that.

---

If you swim for enough out on the southern coast of Neocron, there's an island there with a small cabin on it.

naimex
20-10-04, 14:50
If you swim for enough out on the southern coast of Neocron, there's an island there with a small cabin on it.

thatīs a lie, at least for neocron 1īs sake..

I spent an entire day when I was just at home swimming through all the oceans, and I didnīt find anything but the end of the world.

J. Folsom
20-10-04, 14:51
thatīs a lie, at least for neocron 1īs sake..

I spent an entire day when I was just at home swimming through all the oceans, and I didnīt find anything but the end of the world.
That's the whole point of urban legends, many people believe in them, but they're not true ;)

kurai
20-10-04, 14:57
That's the whole point of urban legends, many people believe in them, but they're not true ;)
-DoY will be a free expansion
-Professional worldwide publishing and advertising deals
-"No, it's not still a Beta. It's Release code"
-DX9 will fix everything
-Player shops

...ad infinitum :angel:

J. Folsom
20-10-04, 15:01
-DoY will be a free expansion
-Professional worldwide publishing and advertising deals
-"No, it's not still a Beta. It's Release code"
-DX9 will fix everything
-Player shops

...ad infinitum :angel:
Haha, touché. ;)

I won't disagree with you, you're completely right.

Sorin
20-10-04, 21:25
- WPW affects slot chances

He had another account before his Shadow Dancer account called Arcadius, which seems to be conveniently missing from the memberlist now. And, retardedly, member search is disabled. Retards. Anyways, it had something like 6k posts? Somewhere around there.

jernau
20-10-04, 23:44
The forum seems to auto-archive at one year (or thereabouts). Maybe once all his threads passed that point the account was tidied up too.

Or maybe it's a conspiracy. :eek:

Underground
20-10-04, 23:58
The forum seems to auto-archive at one year (or thereabouts). Maybe once all his threads passed that point the account was tidied up too.

Or maybe it's a conspiracy. :eek:

:rolleyes:

didnt you know that Odin is infact SD who is/was Arcadius

:p

Nidhogg
21-10-04, 00:02
And, retardedly, member search is disabled. Retards. Anyways, it had something like 6k posts? Somewhere around there.
I'll leave your post un-edited as an object lesson for everyone. If you call anyone a retard on this forum again I will bounce you out of it.

N

greendonkeyuk
21-10-04, 00:14
that si goes down faster when kneeling/sitting down. Also heard once that beer swilling raises con.... (this was back in the day though, like a year or more ago and i tried it on my tank, got to about 40 bottles and stopped as all i could see was static).

kurai
21-10-04, 00:15
I'll leave your post un-edited as an object lesson for everyone. If you call anyone a retard on this forum again I will bounce you out of it.

N
Even if they supply abundant, quotable, evidence ? ;)

MrChumble
21-10-04, 00:16

NWhat if the person genuinely is retarded? I suppose you'd need medical evidence, but some people's posts could form the basis of a pretty cast iron diagnosis. In which case it would just be a statement of fact.

Curious now, and also a bit retarded myself so inclined to pursue this in the face of common sense...what about 'idiot'? It's essentially the same thing. Or 'Baka', also the same thing. Or Moron. I like 'moron', I've used it in dozens of posts, some that didn't even get edited. Is it just 'retard' that's not allowed, or all words implying sub-normal intelligence? Is this a new rule, or one that's been around for ages? If all intelligence insulting words are banned, and intelligence is genetically determined, presumably then 'cripple' (or the more amusing 'cripplesticks!') would also be disallowed on similar grounds. Assuming all that to be the case, are people allowed to call me a carebear? I've no control over my carebear instincts; nature or nurture I am who I am and don't think people should be able to victimise me on grounds of mental state. Anyone who does is a ret...is of sub-normal intelligence.

Nidhogg
21-10-04, 00:22
Just get back on topic.

N

greendonkeyuk
21-10-04, 00:25
lol man youre jus asking for a ban.

MrChumble
21-10-04, 00:28
It was a perfectly reasonable question. The forum rules need to be clarified so I can avoid breaking them. I hate flying blind O_o

Urban legend: Red is dead is roleplay.

QuickFix
21-10-04, 00:35

this gets my vote

it is role play

Crest
21-10-04, 14:16
It was a perfectly reasonable question. The forum rules need to be clarified so I can avoid breaking them. I hate flying blind O_o

Depends on how you view your role , me red is dead , not because of role play, but its fun

Here is one
Terra is the old saturn
KK do regular backups, like once a day
KK test their regular backups
There is no conspiracy against the English community for Terra. Servers are the same spec, its the community that brake them ...

There is no leaking of information to players before they are public, like the players we traded 7 MC5 chips for 7 kamis, 4 days before they it was announced they were being wiped ... Just happens a clan wanted to give up their chips, which they had for a year, and would be very valuable oin NC2, just weeks before DOY release and days beofre the announcement

Jesterthegreat
21-10-04, 14:19
Depends on how you view your role , me red is dead , not because of role play, but its fun

yeah, red=dead may not be perfect RP, but it is technically playing a (unpleasant) role.

who are we to judge others RP? :p

Shinto
21-10-04, 14:21
- WPW affects slot chances

He had another account before his Shadow Dancer account called Arcadius, which seems to be conveniently missing from the memberlist now. And, retardedly, member search is disabled. Retards. Anyways, it had something like 6k posts? Somewhere around there.
you mean this account http://forum.neocron.com/member.php?u=13374

6007 racked up on that one.

he doesnt even need to post anymore since hes got the records on here pretty much wrapped up

and imo red = dead is RP since you are following the factions enemy listings

Crest
21-10-04, 14:22
yeah, red=dead may not be perfect RP, but it is technically playing a (unpleasant) role.

who are we to judge others RP? :p

If you don't kill red, then who is left ot Kill ?

Cyber punk future where there is no law ... and the only imposed boundry is a concience that makes you think twice when it gets -16 ... So yes In context Red is Dead is a role .... Just not everyone likes it

Jesterthegreat
21-10-04, 14:27
If you don't kill red, then who is left ot Kill ?

Cyber punk future where there is no law ... and the only imposed boundry is a concience that makes you think twice when it gets -16 ... So yes In context Red is Dead is a role .... Just not everyone likes it

i kill anyone but NCAT, VENOM and Tupac (and anyone else im mates with)

Jesterthegreat
21-10-04, 14:27
you mean this account http://forum.neocron.com/member.php?u=13374

6007 racked up on that one.

he doesnt even need to post anymore since hes got the records on here pretty much wrapped up

and imo red = dead is RP since you are following the factions enemy listings

VOTE FOR MY IDEAS
PPUs ruin PvP and must be removed!!!!!!! sounds like SD to me :p

jernau
21-10-04, 14:29
IME the people who seriously try to claim "red=dead" is RP also think green=dead if they can't find any red players.

Killing your enemies is the core of NC but griefing new players, hit-and-runs on levelling areas, etc. are lame. If you want a fight you should find one that challenges you IMO.

The Ottoman
21-10-04, 14:31

N

I think I saw Guinivere dancing naked in Pepperpark.

Jesterthegreat
21-10-04, 14:32
IME the people who seriously try to claim "red=dead" is RP also think green=dead if they can't find any red players.

Killing your enemies is the core of NC but griefing new players, hit-and-runs on levelling areas, etc. are lame. If you want a fight you should find one that challenges you IMO.

so, for example, if i RP'd as a real Brotherhood of Crahn clan who were like an extension of our Lord Crahn's will and exist purely to smite his enemies, who consider themselves on a holy mission and to be above politics... im lame?

jernau
21-10-04, 14:42
so, for example, if i RP'd as a real Brotherhood of Crahn clan who were like an extension of our Lord Crahn's will and exist purely to smite his enemies, who consider themselves on a holy mission and to be above politics... im lame?
No, but if you do it by stealthing into the aggie cellars, ganking some rank 10 spies and then post on here and in TRADE about how you "own" then you are.

Crest
21-10-04, 14:43

I view it more of clensing the outlands of the creations the atmospher had created, you know the horrors, and the raptors and the RED Scum. Keeoing it purified, so that fellow brothers of the right path can reach the hight of greatness and we can all grow strong together ... Theres that and the fact that I need stuff all the time

No, but if you do it by stealthing into the aggie cellars, ganking some rank 10 spies and then post on here and in TRADE about how you "own" then you are..

Point taken, If I gank some low level its
1) He is a low level with his LE out plus
2) Since I snipe ... hit , hit , hit and then run when PPU's arrive... I blame KK for me killing a low level

What blame KK you ask, if I pull the trigger, this is easy ... At 1200 meters, stairing down a Silent hunter I can make out a few things ... PA yes or no (PA is an indication of level but some setups don't use PA) Can't make rank out cause I too far ... So the first time I know he is a low level is when after 1 / 2 shots he is dead = no third shot needed

If close range, I blam KK if I kill a noob, why ? I killed a level 20 twice ... when i looked I thought it was a level 50 (Fonts are so cool) so I killed him, he came back, dies again, thrid time i recheck level, see level 20 so I tip him 10k ....

Smock
21-10-04, 15:00
In my case red is not always dead, but that's just cuz I'm a lousy PvPer...
Anyway. Got wasted by reds time and again, so whenever I see a red player either i kill him, if I can take him on, or run.

Encountered a red tank yesterday... we were facing eachother and stood still for a while, each waiting for the other making the first move, or run away, or whatever. Then finally he drew his cannon. Easy kill since he stood still too much...

About the RP: Got killed at MB repeatedly in NC1 by the same person. Pissed off I DM'd him, he replied that being an enemy of the city i deserved to be killed, untill I changed my views on Reeza. Turned out to be a nice RP'd political discussion, completely IC. Not that i'm a fanatic RPer, but it really added a lot to the game and made forget my anger about geting killed (A bit).

In NC2 it's all the more obvious getting killed by red players. They're the enemy afterall. As said, anti-city moved to DoY which tried to nuke your hometown. Killing DoY runners means removing the threat which seeks to destroy NC. Either way, it's attack or be attacked. Better make the first move and have the element of surprise on your side, as the other will surely attack too.

jernau
21-10-04, 15:01
@Crest - Good points. They don't always apply though.

Anyway - back on topic guys....

Jesterthegreat
21-10-04, 15:06
No, but if you do it by stealthing into the aggie cellars, ganking some rank 10 spies and then post on here and in TRADE about how you "own" then you are.

since i play an anti city monk / PE that shouldnt be a problem :)

Enemy
21-10-04, 15:09
I've heard so many and can't remember half of them. Here's some:

- Stuffing your inventory with 10+ stealth 3 tools means you will never drop anything else (anyone confirm?).
- The quality or TL of tools affects construction speed or slots/quality of constructed items.
- When constructing a weapon, a faster progress bar means you are going to get more slots.
- Some brain imp spots drop implants less than others. Or, putting your implants in in a certain order will make them (at least the good ones) less likely to drop.
- Players can be damage boosted more than once (this is not true - mobs can be hit multiple times, players can only be affected by one damage boost effect).
- Super high aths / agil means you can keep running at full speed while frozen.
- Maintaining a lower rank gives you more experience (doubt it, since low rank means you are using a less powerful weapon which means less damage dealt).
- There is a certain pattern to the gamblers at the Outzone jail.
- It is possible to fall from big heights in such a way that you lose no health or very little.
- Casting shelter has some use against mobs in the chaos caves.
- Warbots drop more rares when there is less server population online.
- Some classes have more "natural resistance" than others - eg. a monk with 0 in resist energy and no armor can take more energy damage than a spy with the same.
- Each character you create has some randomly generated stats (hidden) so no two characters would ever be exactly the same.
- PEs make the best constructors (ie. they have higher chance of slots).
- There is a secret island hidden somewhere off the coast (many have drowned searching for it) and various other myths about secret locations.

Here's another - I was once told to stand up instead of sit down when waiting off SI as it was supposedly faster :rolleyes:

With this one - I haven't tested it but I know for a fact that PSI regains faster while standing - try it. Maybe this myth spawned from that fact. In any case, I know SI goes faster when I go to the bathroom/kitchen :D

Jesterthegreat
21-10-04, 15:11
- Casting shelter has some use against mobs in the chaos caves.

you mean making them take less damage... allowing you to get more shots off... increasing your XP?

:cool:

J. Folsom
21-10-04, 15:11
- When constructing a weapon, a faster progress bar means you are going to get more slots.This one could be seen as slightly true. Higher construct skill has been confirmed to have a (small) effect on the amount of slots you get, and it also causes your progress bar to go faster. ;)

Enemy
21-10-04, 15:14
you mean making them take less damage... allowing you to get more shots off... increasing your XP?

:cool:

I mean, casting shelter on yourself or another player means you take less damage from the mobs. Since they do poison/pierce (force?) and shelter only protects against xray/energy/fire, it isn't true. Shelter is however useful against APU barrels or tank AOE weps in the caves :)

This one could be seen as slightly true. Higher construct skill has been confirmed to have a (small) effect on the amount of slots you get, and it also causes your progress bar to go faster. ;)

That's true. However, I mean if you build say 10 of the same weapon in a row with the same construct skill and watch the progress bar each time, if you see it going faster it is supposed to mean you are going to get better slots on this particular build.

jernau
21-10-04, 15:16
- Maintaining a lower rank gives you more experience (doubt it, since low rank means you are using a less powerful weapon which means less damage dealt).True - EXP gain is based on the ratio of your rank to that of the mob. If the mob goes green it's no use to you. It's pretty easy to have the spawned mobs in the caves go green.

- There is a certain pattern to the gamblers at the Outzone jail.There was : 00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00.....

- Casting shelter has some use against mobs in the chaos caves.This one's a chinese whispers thing I think - it doesn't help against the mobs but it sure helps against inept use of AoE by your team. Also, when cast on the Lieuts it keeps them alive and spawning for longer.

Glok
21-10-04, 15:16

:cool:Actually, you shelter and deflector the lieutenants that you find so they can spawn longer.

edit: Bleh. Beaten.

Enemy
21-10-04, 15:20
There was : 00, 00,00,00,00,00,00,00.....

I know about that one on the roulette gambler, lol. On the coin toss one, I once got tails like 30 times in a row, that's pretty unlikely when it's 50/50 each time (another myth is that the coin toss gambler is rigged to be more likely to make you lose - wouldn't be surprising since the gambler couldn't be used as a money 'exploit' so easily then and wouldn't be too unrealistic since the oz jail is full of crooks and they are probably meant to have tricks up their sleeve).

Shinto
21-10-04, 15:21
Players can be damage boosted more than once (this is not true - mobs can be hit multiple times, players can only be affected by one damage boost effect).

haha used to make me laugh when noobs would do that to me, all the while im taking shit loads of damage out of them, while there standing there boost boost boost err shit im dead

/sex
:lol:

Jesterthegreat
21-10-04, 15:25
I mean, casting shelter on yourself or another player means you take less damage from the mobs. Since they do poison/pierce (force?) and shelter only protects against xray/energy/fire, it isn't true. Shelter is however useful against APU barrels or tank AOE weps in the caves :)

a ha... when i started playing a more populated server i was told this...

they decided since the shelter animation spins when you get hit shelter must resist against poison. when i pointed out it spins when healing and doesnt make a heal any less powerful they shut up :p

borl
21-10-04, 15:27

N

Well, Excalibur ;) exists (or existed, it was a while ago that I saw it), but it's not a sword, or weapon. Not sure I should say anymore, except that I found it because of a bug... :angel:

[Edit: Boy does my sig need an update...!]

Enemy
21-10-04, 15:37
Well, Excalibur ;) exists (or existed, it was a while ago that I saw it), but it's not a sword, or weapon. Not sure I should say anymore, except that I found it because of a bug... :angel:

[Edit: Boy does my sig need an update...!]

I've heard rumors about the Excalibur in-game since beta 4.

One time during beta 4 I heard that in retail NC1 there would be certain weapons (like Excalibur) that spawned only once per server. I always guessed that the current rare weapons system was put in place instead of that one, if indeed there was any truth to the rumor. Note that if you read the descriptions of any of the rare weapons, the stories are written as if there was only meant to be one.

J. Folsom
21-10-04, 15:38
I've heard rumors about the Excalibur in-game since beta 4.I know for a fact that Excalibur was in-game at some point. BUT, it's not a weapon in Neocron. You can't even have it in your inventory. ;)

Haven't got the screen I had of it anymore unfortunately, but it was in-game at some point.

jernau
21-10-04, 15:39
Note that if you read the descriptions of any of the rare weapons, the stories are written as if there was only meant to be one.
So are all the Epic Runs.

Jesterthegreat
21-10-04, 15:40
besides the descriptions were added way waaaay after the rare system so that doest how anything

borl
21-10-04, 15:42
On the subject of agility - if you clicked the "?" on the dex tab in the past, a small skill guide would pop up... This was the entry under agility.

http://www.borl.co.uk/agility.jpg

jernau
21-10-04, 15:43
besides the descriptions were added way waaaay after the rare system so that doest how anything
Only in English. The German's had them from the start I believe.

Jesterthegreat
21-10-04, 15:44
On the subject of agility - if you clicked the "?" on the dex tab in the past, a small skill guide would pop up... This was the entry under agility.

http://www.borl.co.uk/agility.jpg

tell me it doesnt still have all the NC descriptions (like Exotic Psi)... please god...

:edit: @Jer aha i didnt know that

borl
21-10-04, 15:49
tell me it doesnt still have all the NC descriptions (like Exotic Psi)... please god...

:edit: @Jer aha i didnt know that

Hah, good point.. surely they would have removed them when updating (improving? :p) the RPOS.

[Edit: GJ KK :rolleyes:]

http://www.borl.co.uk/psi.jpg

http://www.borl.co.uk/dex.jpg

Crest
21-10-04, 16:15
Here is one I heard and dunno how accurate ...

Kneeling down extends lasting of shelters and felfectors, Hence tanks tend have shelter and defelctors less regularly than monks at MC5, as tank kneel for aim

J. Folsom
21-10-04, 16:16

Kneeling down extends lasting of shelters and felfectors, Hence tanks tend have shelter and defelctors less regularly than monks at MC5, as tank kneel for aim
That's a fact actually, timed it with a stopwatch a while ago, crouching increases the duration quite a bit on the longer spells. Unsure whether this is just clientside or not however, if it's only clientside you'd actually end up being stuck with a spell which has already run out.

Jesterthegreat
21-10-04, 16:18

yup its something like 1.5x the length

same applies to stealth

SirRah
21-10-04, 16:19
That's a fact actually, timed it with a stopwatch a while ago, crouching increases the duration quite a bit on the longer spells. Unsure whether this is just clientside or not however, if it's only clientside you'd actually end up being stuck with a spell which has already run out.

Nope its not clientside.

J. Folsom
21-10-04, 16:24
Just remembered another one:

- Armours which change your model can increase/decrease your hitbox size.

This is not the case, tested it exensively a while ago. And it seems player hitbox size is a fixed value, a GM can change into a Hoverstation, and he's still got the same hitbox size. The targetable area for PA's also stays the same, even if someone wears the NCPD PA, which is quite a bit larger then the default model. The shown hitbox does change size, but the area you need to target for it to show up doesn't.

Crest
21-10-04, 16:24
yup its something like 1.5x the length

same applies to stealth

Will test this ....

How about rezz ? quicker to rezz kneeling

Jesterthegreat
21-10-04, 16:27
Will test this ....

How about rezz ? quicker to rezz kneeling

crouching doesnt change cast time... its spell / drug / stealth duration

:edit: @ Folsom sorry your wrong.

the simplest test will prove you wrong, and we have done it in NC2. aim at the absolute top of a PA tanks hitbox then have him remove PA. you will no longer be targeting him due to his smaller hotbox.

it was like that in NC1, its like it in NC2.

:edit2: and a GM's hitbox is entirely based on his model... weecrab GM's have a tiny hitbox, DoY bot GM's have a large one.

hitbox is not a fixed size for PC's.

oh and for the record the female monk was the smallest hitbox in NC1 (hence why alot of the really good hyb's late in NC1 were PAless female monks)

Enemy
21-10-04, 16:34
On the subject of kneeling, here's one:

- Kneeling while stacked with a damage effect like poison or fire increases chance of survival. Eg. I've noticed if I've gone in with my APU and poison stacked someone, then they kill me, once I'm dead they almost always crouch and heal (and usually fall over dead a few seconds later). Same thing when fighting any of the poison stack mobs. Does health regain faster while crouching? (it is meant to while sitting on a chair, I haven't checked it for crouching without a chair however).

Shinto
21-10-04, 16:35
i found you heal better while kneeling, but doesnt kneeling when poisoned extend the poison?

cant remember

Jesterthegreat
21-10-04, 16:37
i found you heal better while kneeling, but doesnt kneeling when poisoned extend the poison?

cant remember

yes in the same way it extends spells / drugs it effect the duration of fire / poison / xray (on wyat earps)... anything tht stacks.

and yes you heal a little quicker crouching, but more importantly the heal lasts longer

Enemy
21-10-04, 16:38

cant remember

Gotta wonder about that, since the above posts claimed it extends effects like shelter. It also extends time to regain psi. On the other hand, it speeds up stamina gain.

Underground
21-10-04, 16:41

cant remember

Yes.

Basically put, Anything that has the 'psi manipulation' effect type thingy in the bottom right is on a ticker, same thing goes for synapse, and anything in the F7 Window, If you are crouched or sitting, they last longer, It is quicker to LoM while standing, as your SI goes down at normal speed, if you are sitting or crouching, it takes longer, A Implant goes in faster standing then it does crouched or sitting, Researching is faster standing then sitting, Heal S/D and any buffs last longer crouching then standing (Easy way to test this, is get 2 people and a PPU, One standing, one crouching, cast heal group, the one crouching will have heal longer)
Poison stacks last longer while crouched aswell as fire etc..

Enemy
21-10-04, 16:43
What about while moving? Any process in the processor (F7) window takes longer while you're moving.

jernau
21-10-04, 17:26
Researching is faster standing then sitting
Nope.

Just timed it to be sure :
TL80 Stealth 1 on a 230RES (ie more than enough).
Standing : 20 seconds
Kneeling : 20 seconds
Sitting : 17 seconds

StrongSad
21-10-04, 18:33
-Copbot rifles still exist.

-Guard weapons are lootable

-Rare drugs are clonable

-Larnet stuff still exists

-There is a hidden door inside the gaya mines that leads to a 127/127 mob who drops belts with no int req and gives +100 to all resists. Nobody has found the door because it does not have a target box (same as the hidden bum asylum door).

-If you hunt in a group and dont do all the dmg to a mob you get better loot. (I think this is very true tho).

-And if you steal the loot from another player the loot is better. (works sometimes I would say, about 70% chance the loot will be very good)

-making huge batches of things increases slot chance, cant say I believe it is true. But it seems to be.

-CS's with laserpointers still exist (they probably do actually, someone wanna post a pic?)

-You can buy hardened backbone3s and exp reflex booster 4s in NC2 :p

Dribble Joy
21-10-04, 18:40
Odd... since I have a larent pistol barrel.

J. Folsom
21-10-04, 18:48
-making huge batches of things increases slot chance, cant say I believe it is true. But it seems to be.Sort of true, after all, the more things you build the larger the chance is that one of them has a large amount of slots. Though that doesn't mean it involves the actual chance of getting a certain amount of slots on a weapon, it is more likely that a batch of 200 weapons get's one 5 slot item in it then a a batch of 5 weapons does. (After all, with the 200 weapons you get the chance to get 5 slots 200 times, instead of just getting it 5 times)

jernau
21-10-04, 19:30
-Copbot rifles still exist.
At one point in beta they were going to be a CA FSM item I thought.

-Rare drugs are clonable
They were at one time.

The stuff now in circulation still exists. No new stuff will drop though without GM intervention. I imagine the same is true of now incompatible mods eg laserpointer-CS.

-There is a hidden door inside the gaya mines that leads to a 127/127 mob who drops belts with no int req and gives +100 to all resists. Nobody has found the door because it does not have a target box (same as the hidden bum asylum door).
You made that one up surely? That's worse than the shark one. (btw - it's "bump")

plague
21-10-04, 19:32
here i got one :
- NC once was stable and with no rollbacks.....

that's a defenate myth that will never come true....

Idola
21-10-04, 19:36
- People cancel their accounts and leave when they've had enough of the game.

I've been hearing that one since the dawn of retail, but I've yet to see any truth in it.

jernau
21-10-04, 19:37

I've been hearing that one since the dawn of retail, but I've yet to see any truth in it.
You must be blind then.

Idola
21-10-04, 19:38
You must be blind then.

Nope, I see perfectly well.

I also see people who claim to have quit and left still on the forums. Hell, I've even seen a number of them in-game.

plague
21-10-04, 19:41

I also see people who claim to have quit and left still on the forums. Hell, I've even seen a number of them in-game.

em evryene who said that they through with this game r gone or atleast not in game anymore..I do too c some of the ppl that left posting but that doesn't mean that they r playing....I just canseled one of my account's, the other one will go soon too if this sht keeps happening...

jernau
21-10-04, 19:42

I also see people who claim to have quit and left still on the forums. Hell, I've even seen a number of them in-game.Most if not all the people I see on here who claim to have "cancelled" have. That doesn't mean their accounts have expired yet. That can take many months. Personally until I see a leaving post I assume people are still here (not that it's a guarantee I admit).

Don't get me wrong - I know what you're saying but I also know they are the small minority compared to those who really have left.

The days of "they always come back" are LONG gone.

StrongSad
21-10-04, 20:07
Legends can be true...

I said "are" cloneable, not 'were' cloneable.

And jernau, you havent heard of the belt before? :p

edit:

If they brought the old fashion copbot rifles back into the game that would be so insanely cool. I would trade all of NC2's 'features' for a copbot rifle :D

jernau
21-10-04, 20:10
Legends can be true...

I said "are" cloneable, not 'were' cloneable.

And jernau, you havent heard of the belt before? :p

Yeah I was just pointing out that one had some basis to it.

Nah, never heard of the gaia/belt thing though I have heard people hand out a lot of misinformation on the place.

Dribble Joy
21-10-04, 20:23
They were indeed.
Got switched for the tl115 cannon thing.

borl
21-10-04, 22:31
You made that one up surely? That's worse than the shark one. (btw - it's "bump")

It's "bum" now, but "butchees" are still butchees.

Nidhogg
21-10-04, 22:37
Can you all please resist the "oh so hilarious" temptation to troll on this thread. It wasn't funny the first time and now it's just asking for a mod-slap.

N

Yin
22-10-04, 00:17
Originaly Neocron was planed to take play in Warhammer 40K universe, but developers hadnt enoth money to buy the license so haved to remove already made Chaos Legion and Space marine skins (leaving the models as power armors though). You cant see those skins ingame, but can find them if you would explore NC2 skinpacks.

G.0.D.
22-10-04, 00:38
NIDHOGG SAID COCK SLAP LOLOLOLO!L!O!L!!ELEVENBILLIDONANDTHREE1!

no wait nvm

MrChumble
22-10-04, 00:42
Can you all please resist the "oh so hilarious" temptation to troll on this thread. It wasn't funny the first time and now it's just asking for a mod-slap.

N
That's almost a troll by telling people not to troll. So obviously going to be too much temptation for yours truely to resist.

Sooo hard not to reply to that with a list of all the things that KK have promised and not delivered on.

back on topic, an urban legend from my NC youth...

"How does that guy float in the sky like that?"
"Jetpacks."

jernau
22-10-04, 00:52
It's "bum" now, but "butchees" are still butchees.Really?

That is just not right :(

I did notice FA is back to being Fallen Angles again though.

Sorin
22-10-04, 01:04
I did notice FA is back to being Fallen Angles again though.

In the navray where it says DoY Faction HQs?

I've reported this for 3 or 4 patches across beta and retail. I gave up about 5 patches ago.

Enemy
22-10-04, 16:30
Some more:

- In MC5 there is a secret spot where you can sit and kill the mobs and never get hit once.
- You should always look in random boxes because occasionally you will find MC5 parts or other rares (well it is technically possible that some players occasionally put valuables in boxes just for fun, another source of this myth might possibly come from the christmas box spawn event last year).

It exists if people have it still. The real myth is, does it still drop? ;)

-CS's with laserpointers still exist (they probably do actually, someone wanna post a pic?)

Scoped pistols also exist. You used to be able to scope your uzis :)
Another oddity is that you can silence some stuff that shouldn't be silencable like lasers, and it sounds like a silenced bullet when you fire it.

(btw - it's "bump")

That was a spelling mistake.... it is fixed for NC2 like most other bugs :p

In the navray where it says DoY Faction HQs?

I've reported this for 3 or 4 patches across beta and retail. I gave up about 5 patches ago.

There are/were Fallen "Angles" in many more places than this. Some of the TH signs for example.

jernau
22-10-04, 17:00
I have a few silenced lasers, even a HL I think. At least I do until NC1 is shut down :( :mad:

JustIn_Case
22-10-04, 17:12

As Jernau said, you must be blind then.
True some "threathen" to do it and never does, but many do, i know since i lost lots of buddies and clan mates.

Dim
22-10-04, 18:00
:edit: @ Folsom sorry your wrong.

the simplest test will prove you wrong, and we have done it in NC2. aim at the absolute top of a PA tanks hitbox then have him remove PA. you will no longer be targeting him due to his smaller hotbox.

it was like that in NC1, its like it in NC2.

I did that test in NC1.. and to me it seemed that the hitbox was the same with or without PA. Didn't check in NC2 though.

Birkoff
23-10-04, 00:35
I did that test in NC1.. and to me it seemed that the hitbox was the same with or without PA. Didn't check in NC2 though.

I'm sure tanks hit box is bigger with PA on

Jesterthegreat
23-10-04, 03:39
I'm sure tanks hit box is bigger with PA on

it was. it is.

LiL T
23-10-04, 03:48
A PE will run slower and be easyer to hit with PA on This is what I beleave ^^ as I find my self getting hit alot more and feel slower with it on thats why I hate it

|R@zor|
23-10-04, 05:45
A PE will run slower and be easyer to hit with PA on This is what I beleave ^^ as I find my self getting hit alot more and feel slower with it on thats why I hate it

Yeah, i get the same feeling of slowness with PE PA, but only with PA3, if im wearing PA4 i feel much faster than with PA3/No PA.

I thought it was just me, glad to know someone else gets it.

Underground
23-10-04, 05:48
Yeah, i get the same feeling of slowness with PE PA, but only with PA3, if im wearing PA4 i feel much faster than with PA3/No PA.

I thought it was just me, glad to know someone else gets it.

Probably because of the ammount of dex/agil drugs yer taking no ? :p

|R@zor|
23-10-04, 05:50
Nope, i dont take drugs.

this was a while ago, before KK increased the req's on PA4

LiL T
23-10-04, 06:22
Well I'm 100% certain PE PA gimps you its the biggest POS ever as soon as I put PA on I can tell the difference I get hit alot more and getting hit is no good. um maybe its in my mind but I hate power armour I wish KK would make a skinless power armour where you don't see it

Birkoff
23-10-04, 11:49
PEs shouldn't get PA anyway..... nor should monks :) but thats a totall different thread.

naimex
23-10-04, 12:45
PEs shouldn't get PA anyway..... nor should monks :) but thats a totall different thread.

Gets a flashback..

Once upon a time, only tanks had PAs..

Enemy
23-10-04, 17:44
"Non-PA setups are better" - that's an urban legend too.

jernau
23-10-04, 17:52
I heard a class one earlier today - MC5 chips are crap becuase there are ceres-MC5 chips that are much better and you can't use both at once.

Doc Holliday
23-10-04, 17:57
im with Lil T on the pa thing. i honestly think its the same as him. u do move faster without pa despite there being no malus on the agility. i tried with and without drugs set ups.

Doc Holliday
23-10-04, 19:58
Sorry for double post but i cant find the edit button. has it been eaten by the great nid-monster or what?? :confused:

AN absolute classic urban legend in neocron is this and im sure u all agree.

PVP skill and rank are linked together to make a person better at everything he/she does. IE an 0/2 noob with no skillz has zero chance of getting anywhere in life, being successful or even simply getting laid while the ub3r capped 1337 pkar tank who pwnz0rs all has everything he can wish for and should be generally perceived as the best and everyone should pay heed to be just like them.

the same can be said about join date in the forum and post count. anyone who joined last month and posted 3 times is a complete n00b and has no clue yet someone who has been here 3 years and has 6 million posts, well that persons word is law!

im sure u will all agree. ;)

jernau
23-10-04, 20:13
These days most people with <10 posts are banned users looking for Nid-love.

QuantumDelta
24-10-04, 03:55
Ginger was actually a good PvPer.

Sigma
24-10-04, 06:48
My clan used/uses h4x.

If I see this as a sig I'm gonna hax your acc!

Crest
25-10-04, 17:01
There was a Oh Shit look on the KK faces when they realised that the backups did not work for satrun

Crest
13-12-04, 11:57
Mods, if you read I am adding new content here, and I could have started a new thread, but I knew this one existed... So No I am not bumping for fun....

In NC1, I always heard that if you transfer your App and then deleted your char, you would loose the Ap.
I read on forums, people told me.... and so on ....

Has this ever happened to anyone, or is it in fact a Myth, an Urban Legend ?

I ask cause I started a clan with my tank, then promote my monk to leader and drop tank to simple starter level.

My Monk can not place stuff in clan app (Cabs, that kind of stuff) but my tank, who now is a nobody in the clan, still can ?

naimex
13-12-04, 12:48
Mods, if you read I am adding new content here, and I could have started a new thread, but I knew this one existed... So No I am not bumping for fun....

In NC1, I always heard that if you transfer your App and then deleted your char, you would loose the Ap.
I read on forums, people told me.... and so on ....

Has this ever happened to anyone, or is it in fact a Myth, an Urban Legend ?

I ask cause I started a clan with my tank, then promote my monk to leader and drop tank to simple starter level.

My Monk can not place stuff in clan app (Cabs, that kind of stuff) but my tank, who now is a nobody in the clan, still can ?

There was a time in neocron 1, were it happened.

Apartments were tied to character, and were gone when you deleted chars.

I have however tested it, where i gave a guy an apt of mine, and deleted my char, the app was still there.

there were no problems with it...

but then again.. there werent furniture and stuff back then.

EDIT : My guess is that the apartment ownership list just hasnt been updated.

Spermy
13-12-04, 14:01
There was a time in neocron 1, were it happened.

Apartments were tied to character, and were gone when you deleted chars.

I have however tested it, where i gave a guy an apt of mine, and deleted my char, the app was still there.

there were no problems with it...

but then again.. there werent furniture and stuff back then.

EDIT : My guess is that the apartment ownership list just hasnt been updated.

That must be A f**king LONG list O_O

zii
13-12-04, 14:16
you know what, my sync problems are down to my dogy laptop. Its right up the creek, but my other laptop is nice and stable. Well, it still FREs, but only hourly. :)

So to quote myself again: I reinstalled the o/s on my sync infested laptop and NC ran as sooth as a babies bottom. Another urban myst dispelled.

zii
13-12-04, 14:20
Myth 1001:

Using a spare slot for a noob character, invite another runner (an enemy) into your appartment tell him you are logging to an alt.

Wait 30 seconds and then delete your noob chracter. If your enemy is still in the apartment his character will be deleted along with all the other items in the apartment.

Has anyone actually tested this!? This would be funny if it was true.

jernau
13-12-04, 15:14
Has this ever happened to anyone, or is it in fact a Myth, an Urban Legend ?Yes. I had it happen. The official statement was in the announcemens forum and was never retracted, in fact it may still be the case as far as KK have told us.

Although we were told the apts were tied to characters, my experience is that it was actually accounts.

My Monk can not place stuff in clan app (Cabs, that kind of stuff) but my tank, who now is a nobody in the clan, still can ?Owner and Leader are not the same thing.

@zii - They are not deleted, however they can't use the lift so they either need a GM to warp them out or to kill_self to leave (thereby dropping a belt).

Crest
13-12-04, 16:22
Myth 1001:

Using a spare slot for a noob character, invite another runner (an enemy) into your appartment tell him you are logging to an alt.

Wait 30 seconds and then delete your noob chracter. If your enemy is still in the apartment his character will be deleted along with all the other items in the apartment.

Has anyone actually tested this!? This would be funny if it was true.

You cant get out as jernau said.
It is funny though .... so you pray you dont loose something good.

plague
13-12-04, 16:59
bumpage is bad....

Crest
13-12-04, 19:26
bumpage is bad....

Is that Urband Legend or Fact ?
Bunping old threads for no reason but bumping is bad, if new content can be added (As in this one), at the expense of not creating a new thread I decided to use one I knew existsed ...

Bumping is good, Bumming is bad

Nidhogg
13-12-04, 19:32
Threads can be bumped if you have "new or substantive" information to add. I think in this case the bump was justified. Spam is also bad.

N

Original monk
13-12-04, 19:38
Well I'm 100% certain PE PA gimps you its the biggest POS ever as soon as I put PA on I can tell the difference I get hit alot more and getting hit is no good. um maybe its in my mind but I hate power armour I wish KK would make a skinless power armour where you don't see it

ya it feels like it gimps you terribly, i dunno if it really gimps you or not but it feels like you get hit more: as ya said, i had the same feeling with tankpa in neocron 1, spypa seems ok tough, monkcloacks seemed ok except for there natural nerf aghility it was i think or ath i dunno anymore

the only armour i didnt felt nerfed with is the black tank PA4 but after some time they nerfed tanks or the pa so ya couldnt put it on nomore :/

reaction on an old post but tought id say i felt the same gimpage feeling when putting it on :)