PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed no Announcement

Cor
19-10-04, 15:39
OK I've been quiet over the last 21 days now waiting for an Announcement, on another payment provider and I check the forum every day since NC2 was launched 21 day ago, I have been unable play NC2 because of the curent payment set up. It's not c2p fault, the propblem is with Canadain Bank and CC not dealing with c2p because of this gamble thing(which is aload of crap).
With that being said I was hoping to here from KK about another payment option. I have seen stuff in the thread for"c2p issues" about looking into other payment option but most of them were like 10 day ago and nothing since. My payments on my 2 account are almost up and I haven't played retail version of NC2 yet. I not really mad just disappointed that there is no offical annoucement as to what is happening. :(

Bugs Gunny
19-10-04, 15:46
Can't be too hard to let people pay up front with wire transfers now can it?

40$Poser
19-10-04, 16:11
hopefully KK will be selling gametime cards whenever the boxed version hit stores. That'd be a smart move.

GIJ0e
19-10-04, 16:44
i suspect this isnt kk's doing. my suspicion is that either 10takle and c2p are sister companies or they have close financial ties (i.e someone somewhere is making cash out of the relationship) as such 10takle have written into their contract with kk that c2p is used exclusively. failing to realise of course that they will lose (and have lost) a LOT of potential customers due to the well documented problems with c2p.

i think this explains KK's lack of comment on the subject, they cant change or offer payment options due to contractual obligations. as such i think other payment options wont be offered and the "influx of new players" will be dramatically reduced because of it.

Beek
19-10-04, 16:55
i suspect this isnt kk's doing. my suspicion is that either 10takle and c2p are sister companies or they have close financial ties (i.e someone somewhere is making cash out of the relationship) as such 10takle have written into their contract with kk that c2p is used exclusively. failing to realise of course that they will lose (and have lost) a LOT of potential customers due to the well documented problems with c2p.

i think this explains KK's lack of comment on the subject, they cant change or offer payment options due to contractual obligations. as such i think other payment options wont be offered and the "influx of new players" will be dramatically reduced because of it.

My account has been closed (although I can still log in to the game --> my account managment says until the 25 of Nov). Not sure about your theory, but it seems that KK [ edited ] has a lot more to lose that C2P over this. I haven't received a response to my support request from KK [ edited ] about my closed account from last week, so either they must be overwhelmed with support requests, or they feel losing a few customers here or there from this issue doesn't warrent the effort. Hard to say how many have been effected, but I have come to the conclusion that it is not that many, thus the painful silence, and lack of response from either party.

Cor, I am not sure if it is a Canadian Bank issue. Who told you this? After phoning my bank (Bank of Montreal), they said that there was never an attempted charge, let alone a failed charge to my Mastercard from Click2pay.

Cor
19-10-04, 19:42
Cor, I am not sure if it is a Canadian Bank issue. Who told you this? After phoning my bank (Bank of Montreal), they said that there was never an attempted charge, let alone a failed charge to my Mastercard from Click2pay.

Beek, my CC is not associated with a bank, I have been dealing with c2p tech people and people at my Masterecard company. Went back and forth a few times until the CC people got a hit from c2p and they told me they will not deal with c2p because of the gambling and c2p have told me the Canadian banks do not deal with them. I think the odd CIBC bank Visa will deal with them but not all. The RBC will not deal with c2p. :(

MaxxJag
19-10-04, 23:02
Personally I haven't had any issues with my VISA card. It's a Desjardin Student Visa card. Odd how so many Canadians have issues yet I had none. Guess I got lucky.

Anyways, good luck trying to find a way...I don't wanna be one of the few Canadians in the game 8|

Birkoff
19-10-04, 23:05
Can buy my 2nd account if u like.. capped near monk/spy with over 6 months left on it :)

jnky
20-10-04, 01:50
Cor what are you fucking about at man...

Find a bank in Canada which will deal with C2P and open an account with them. (There has to be a few in Canada)

Then setup a standing order (like a direct debit) every month from your main bank to the new bank. Then setup C2P.

Its what I do atm, just that the other account is my wifes and not one i've setup, her bank (Halifax) will take c2p, mine (HSBC) wont.

Job done and it will take all of half a day to sort out and ya can play again :D

.hack//sign
20-10-04, 02:52
game card would be a great idea ;)

Jesterthegreat
20-10-04, 02:56
Cor what are you fucking about at man...

Find a bank in Canada which will deal with C2P and open an account with them. (There has to be a few in Canada)

Then setup a standing order (like a direct debit) every month from your main bank to the new bank. Then setup C2P.

Its what I do atm, just that the other account is my wifes and not one i've setup, her bank (Halifax) will take c2p, mine (HSBC) wont.

Job done and it will take all of half a day to sort out and ya can play again :D

not quite how i would put it.,.. but agreed.

find out if theres a bank that will accept it, and set up an account. put in only eough for NC (maybe double whats needed for emergencies) and its sorted.

while i realise this is a big fuckup... you cant expect everything to be handed to yo on a silver platter :p

Cor
20-10-04, 14:50
No, I don't expect and never did expect everything to be handed on a silver platter, I am Canadian and part Scotish and I did my research and this how it is. Where do you get "silver platter" from anyway. Only an Engishmen would say that.

Jesterthegreat
20-10-04, 15:28
No, I don't expect and never did expect everything to be handed on a silver platter, I am Canadian and part Scotish and I did my research and this how it is. Where do you get "silver platter" from anyway. Only an Engishmen would say that.

maybe im an englishman? :wtf:

and you say you did your research and this is how it is... then dont say how it is :p

people on these very forums have managed to play from canada. PM one of them, find out what bank he used, look into that bank as a possibility