PDA

View Full Version : NCPs: Friendly or Hostile?

ArgieD
19-10-04, 15:19
Ok that's another of my threads that could be classed as "Player to Player" but I started it here because its rather of a discussion matter than of a feedback one...

Right. Is it just me or do you also have a problem telling which faction certain NPCs belong to? I normally find out after I kill them but this is not a good way given the fact that you lose sympathy...

If the only thing you see above the character is just a name ie Max Payne, then how would you know what his faction alignment is? Unless there is a in-game feature that I am not aware of then I do have a point here; don't I?

Is there anything I should know about? Please advise

Glok
19-10-04, 15:20
Don't kill NPCs unless you are required to by a mission. Simple.

edit: In addition, many of those NPCs are epic NPCs. I don't think other runners doing their epics would be too happy if they knew you were the reason they had to fart around and wait for the NPC to respawn. ;)

J. Folsom
19-10-04, 15:22
In the case of NPCs, you should normally be able to see by the colour of their name.

An NPC with a red name is no problem to kill, if they have a green or yellow name, it will cause trouble.

The colours are of course dependant on your RPOS configuration, but by default they're red, yellow and green.

ArgieD
19-10-04, 15:50
First of all, thank you for your input lads.

The NCP killings happen sometimes by accident. FC-1000 drones can blast anything even behind walls (not a bug this one) and therefore, in an attempt to fight off an opponent you may kill a ncp or two. Most of the times you are aware of this ncp but the mob firing at you is not moving away from him/her. It is now down to the decision whether it is gonna be your expensive drone or a few sympathy points off. You decide to kill the mob along with the ncp only to realise that your SL is not the same..... Droners who were using drones around the narrow walls of The Jailhouse back in NC1 know what I mean ;)

Dropping sympathy points is one thing, but having your SL getting down to negative values is a totally different story...

Glok
19-10-04, 15:52
Oh yeah, the NPCs that have been placed in the worst possible spots. And the ones that aggro on you when you are fighting a mob, even though you didn't touch them. Bleh.

ArgieD
19-10-04, 16:11
Exactly Glok! I'm glad when people feel & understand my misery. I'm touched :)

So is there a way to telll beforehand so you can make a decision (and bear the consequences, if any)?

Glok
19-10-04, 16:19
There is no way to tell unless the NPC is red, then waste away. Sometimes you can kill green ones, sometimes not. YO's vendors and other vendors always make you lose SL/faction though.

Sorin
19-10-04, 19:46
Oh yeah, the NPCs that have been placed in the worst possible spots. And the ones that aggro on you when you are fighting a mob, even though you didn't touch them. Bleh.

Argh! Very frustrating :mad: I get this all the time in certain areas. The NPCs in the game that have god mode need to have their weapons removed :mad: It fucking pisses me off to fight mobs, not even hit the npc with a weapon or even get close to him, yet he still starts laying into me like I tried to kill him. Goddamnit.

Remove weapons from God Mode NPCs please.