PDA

View Full Version : Tank cant log in HackNET

Yin
19-10-04, 09:11
Got 75 Hacking skill on my tank character. Whenever i try to log in HackNET it says "item is already in use". Trying other GenREps doesnt help. Any ideas?

Dajuda
19-10-04, 09:21
Use a spy?

Birkoff
19-10-04, 09:36
Tanks can't use hacknet, they have already mentioned that.

Its not a bug, its a feature.

Psy7th
19-10-04, 10:32
Tanks can't use hacknet, they have already mentioned that.

Its not a bug, its a feature.

A feature ? If this is the case, then it's plain stupid. Either it's spy only (maybe PE too) or it has a restriction like 20, 30 or 50 hack, period. Why descriminate tanks particularly ?

IceStorm
19-10-04, 10:40
It's rumored that Tank Agility/Athletics makes them gods in Hacknet.

Personally, I believe Tanks are too stupid. ;-)

The only requirements to access Hacknet are meeting the requirements for a Hack tool and not being a Tank class.

Psy7th
19-10-04, 10:47

Personally, I believe Tanks are too stupid. ;-)

The only requirements to access Hacknet are meeting the requirements for a Hack tool and not being a Tank class.

Gods ? I think they would simply be more victims of slides and falls ;)

OK, Tanks are stupid :D. But how come any other class with only 20 in hack have more "rights" to enter hacknet than a tank with 70 in hack ?

evs
19-10-04, 10:55
as you are a tank

tiikeri
19-10-04, 10:58
Tanks are too stupid to enter hacknet :/

Psy7th
19-10-04, 11:04
as you are a tank
I have a tank yes :D
Main/First chars are monk though

Jesterthegreat
19-10-04, 11:32

unless they changed it since beta HN runspeed was dictated by hack / int (or similar)

MaGn0lia
19-10-04, 12:08
They changed it, there was official word of this in some thread, by lupus if I remember correctly, now ath/agi dictate speed... This can be clearly seen when my PE zooms in there like a.. well PE in hacknet.

Nibbler
19-10-04, 12:14
Did they write anywhere that tanks are not allowed to enter the Hacknet? Or is it maybe an intelligence restriction?

Birkoff
19-10-04, 12:34
Did they write anywhere that tanks are not allowed to enter the Hacknet? Or is it maybe an intelligence restriction?

They said it

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=1644571#post1644571

SynC_187
19-10-04, 12:42
Its a good idea. There should be limits. If every class could access every feature then there would be no variety.

Tanks took the same point of view when it was PE's with stealth :p

[VP]Orion
19-10-04, 13:54
Its a good idea. There should be limits. If every class could access every feature then there would be no variety.

Tanks took the same point of view when it was PE's with stealth :p

I couldnt agree more... Whats the use of having classes if everyone could do everything?

Mr_Snow
19-10-04, 20:01
They should have it so tanks can enter hacknet so they can move around to ops and faction hqs for raids, opfights, changing factions, etc but cant use hacknet software so cant really use hacknet as anything but a shortcut.

Sorin
19-10-04, 20:03
They should have it so tanks can enter hacknet so they can move around to ops and faction hqs for raids, opfights, changing factions, etc but cant use hacknet software so cant really use hacknet as anything but a shortcut.

I don't think they can use hacknet software anyways, the lowest is TL 30 INT isn't it?

Excepting drugs/imps (and thus retardation), etc.

Dwarf_Snowninja
19-10-04, 23:23
It was mentioned in one of the last patchnotes for beta, as I wondered the same thing. I was actually able to use my melee tank during beta up until they changed it, but yeah, if youre a tank, no hacknet for you.

§FS§Red Wing
20-10-04, 00:38
High AGL/ATL just makes you fall off the paths more often, that can't be the reason. :D