PDA

View Full Version : Providing services in NC2

Blacksword
19-10-04, 06:50
alright, ive spent some time and got my 90 symp in bt days ago. So some people want some bt stuff, they come down, you tell them all the stuff they prob should have looked up before, stats, reqs, and such. then ill tell them the store price and what happens 95% of the time, they pay just that much. no tip at all. Im gonna just start marking up the prices shit. one guy tipped out of like 20 purchases i have made for people.

Researching, back in the day, lil more than a year ago, people knew how to tip researchers, and they brought the shit they needed. dont know how it is for constructors nowadays, but doing research, people might, MIGHT bring cubes, never substance except one single time, and if im lucky, they just may tip enough to cover the substance. they think ya 6-7 k is a good tip, if they brought enough substance, but if they dont it wont cover the big pack i typically go through on ressing for people.

is there a way to give people the hint without offending them, or am i just gonna have to make a list of people that can look for service elsewhere when they get on trade?

Hippieman
19-10-04, 07:04
Fuck it if you offend them. Tell them that you're not a charity case and that they must tip you or they aren't getting the implant. About the list, do it. Some won't pay right away but if you hound on their asses, they pay.

Darkener
19-10-04, 07:08
Maybe you should add a little on top if thats what your guys is for. Im sure everyone adds a lil on top to make ends meet , anyway you can never find someone with 90 symp when ya need them so they will pay.

Ok as far as researchin and back in the day well your going to have to learn this is NC2 and people are flat broke. Most are still adapting to the changes doing epics and such so all there money is going into that. Other people are noobs to the game and trying to make a Start . 6-7 k for how many bp's if its for one not a chance . If your doing a batch of BP's or Rares you can charge them a set price because they will want there stuff. As for bringing cubes, people should always bring them no cubes no service but gel is your problem if im going to be buying a big vat of gel everytime i need something researched and have to tip you i may as well roll a researcher and cut out the middleman.

Znurf
19-10-04, 07:11
You're just unlucky with the people you're dealing with, im a TL 120 resser, and last time i researched some techparts for a guy, i got 200.000nc for it, more than enough if you ask me :)

Never had these problems you're talking about, i always try to give a tip (5-10% the value of the product or something) or just even it out, say it cost 15k, i give 20k nice and even ;P

But i bet there are some people that dont understand it, i think mostly people that got another char thats a const/resser/barter that tip better/good/at all :)

Where do you work btw? You research in NC?

Edit: And perhaps some/most people think you already added your "tip" to the price, dont you think thats possible? Maybe if you try saying "The price in store is ***" they will understand :) Cause i wouldnt ask anyone for a tip, thats just below my standards ;P Sounds so, cheap ;D

Darkener
19-10-04, 07:13
You're just unlucky with the people you're dealing with, im a TL 120 resser, and last time i researched some techparts for a guy, i got 200.000nc for it, more than enough if you ask me :)

Never had these problems you're talking about, i always try to give a tip (5-10% the value of the product or something) or just even it out, say it cost 15k, i give 20k nice and even ;P

But i bet there are some people that dont understand it, i think mostly people that got another char thats a const/resser/barter that tip better/good/at all :)

Yeah well they are tech parts you must have ressed quite a few if he didnt tip you something nice well you could just keep the rares until he gave you something you wanted and most people know that when they go to a unknown resser / conster, if ya dont tip nice you could get burned .

Znurf
19-10-04, 07:15
Yeah well they are tech parts you must have ressed quite a few if he didnt tip you something nice well you could just keep the rares until he gave you something you wanted and most people know that when they go to a unknown resser / conster, if ya dont tip nice you could get burned .

True, but i gave him the parts for free first, THEN he gave me the cash :) Im a trusty person sometimes ^^

Blacksword
19-10-04, 07:37
Maybe you should add a little on top if thats what your guys is for. Im sure everyone adds a lil on top to make ends meet , anyway you can never find someone with 90 symp when ya need them so they will pay.

Ok as far as researchin and back in the day well your going to have to learn this is NC2 and people are flat broke. Most are still adapting to the changes doing epics and such so all there money is going into that. Other people are noobs to the game and trying to make a Start . 6-7 k for how many bp's if its for one not a chance . If your doing a batch of BP's or Rares you can charge them a set price because they will want there stuff. As for bringing cubes, people should always bring them no cubes no service but gel is your problem if im going to be buying a big vat of gel everytime i need something researched and have to tip you i may as well roll a researcher and cut out the middleman.

well, starting a brand new char, which is what my ress is, and also moonlights apu, i will tip 10k at least, bring grease, gel, whenever i get implanted, stuff made etc. what im saying that you seem to be missing, is if i have to run off at least 5 tl 70some and up, that eats up the better part of a big pack, a 6-7k tip will just cover substance, or it wont, and ive just paid substance on one bp at least, and most times, for all the cubes. what kind of "tip" is it if it doesnt even pay for the job? i dont care what i have done for me, imp or cnst, i make sure i have my shit together and i tip them. and as far as money goes, maybe people have less than nc1, but it is not any harder to get it.

And perhaps some/most people think you already added your "tip" to the price, dont you think thats possible? Maybe if you try saying "The price in store is ***" they will understand Cause i wouldnt ask anyone for a tip, thats just below my standards ;P Sounds so, cheap ;D

i have always done this, and sadly, it never works. and ya i hate to ask for tips also. really, im sure most people dont live off of the tips, but it is a sign of gratitude, and compensation for time you could have spent elsewhere.

i usually am running missions at bt, and when people dont get an answer to a request for researcher, ill take the time out to do a job for them, or grab some implants.

IceStorm
19-10-04, 08:15
Army of faction mules with 120 barter and around 50 INT.

Without barter, what's the point to 90 symp chars used to service others, other than possibly FCL purchases?

Bugs Gunny
19-10-04, 08:49
Of all my tradeskillers, the researcher never seems to get out of the costs.
People forget that lube is expensive.
They'll go... res these 6 parts for me. Then they'll tip 3k.

People... lube is 8k.... you use up 25/200 per tech, if the researching doesn't fail.

2k per part is a better tip.

IceStorm
19-10-04, 09:17
People forget that lube is expensive.Well, it isn't cheap, but it isn't overly expensive. People forget to use a Barterer to buy in bulk and get it from places where it's already 25% off, like outposts. I pay around 3500 NC per Big Pack buying from outposts and my Barterer isn't even finished yet.

Request people provide lube if you don't think they're tipping properly.

Necrosadistic
19-10-04, 09:22
To be honest I rarely ever get the no tuipping problem for poking... I get at least 1k even for the eqasiest pokes, apart from total noobs, who still tip me...

Probably because now people know that I can shoot them if they don't pay and I don't like it :lol:

Sometimes I really misses that in NC1... A capped char would get 5 pokes from me, and then no tip... Made me want to kill. Never happens anymore...

MasterBee
19-10-04, 09:38
There is a guy in doy center who charges 20k for tl115 poke. Of course you have to pay up front. I'm guessing he doesn't get a lot of business :P

Spermy
19-10-04, 12:14
There's two sides when you look at this really - on one hand - you have the service provider - now, whether he pokes, purchases or resses or whatever, He's doing someone a favour. I believe it's up to them to specify if they want payment for service - lets not kid ourselves - The tip isn't a tip - it's a FEE.

So, it's up to him to specify. If he doesn't, tough luck - you don't ask, you don't get.

On the consumer side. It's all about service people. It's good practice to tip people for service - because if you don't - chances are when you come back for more service - he's gonna refuse you.

Be nice - they're doing you a favour - give em some kind of payment for it.

There, nice and simple.

kurai
19-10-04, 12:19
Spermy nailed it.

A tip is optional. A fee is mandatory.

It's up to the trader to make clear which category he is happy with.

QuickFix
19-10-04, 12:26
i think the problem is getting money.

atm my tips are lousy, i feel guilty tipping people so low, but when i have so little money im not prepared to hand loads over.

2k a poke is the max i can afford atm.

maybe money is easier to come by for some people.

Znurf
19-10-04, 12:42
There's two sides when you look at this really - on one hand - you have the service provider - now, whether he pokes, purchases or resses or whatever, He's doing someone a favour. I believe it's up to them to specify if they want payment for service - lets not kid ourselves - The tip isn't a tip - it's a FEE.

So, it's up to him to specify. If he doesn't, tough luck - you don't ask, you don't get.

On the consumer side. It's all about service people. It's good practice to tip people for service - because if you don't - chances are when you come back for more service - he's gonna refuse you.

Be nice - they're doing you a favour - give em some kind of payment for it.

There, nice and simple.

Yes, but by setting a price you never know if he was willing to pay more ;) I dont complain about those that doesnt tip, most people in doy i've met so far have tipped me when i do something for them :)

Genji
19-10-04, 13:35
I personally dont tip pokers a whole lot unless it's a higher TL, mainly because they don't lose anything and don't have to do anything but click once =p And I poke have/do poke aswell and don't really care to much bout tips..they are nice tho if ya wanna give em..hehe

However ressing and cst I tip better. Ask Znurf =p *cough*crapy resser*cough* Jk

In some cases alot more. When I got my marine cpu onen got the bp off hacknet, went and got the parts, logged his constr and got PKed =p (but there was nice revenge for teh PK later that night..heh) But doing all that work for another player I payed for parts of course (65k) and tiped well over the price of the parts. But in my eyes, he more then deserved it.

Dribble Joy
19-10-04, 13:39
I nearly allways ask for 1k a poke. People generally give you this, and sometimes a bit more for the higher lvl stuff like marines.
Really annoying when you pop a nightspider to poke 115 and they tip you 2k....

Idola
19-10-04, 13:41
As Spermy said; if you don't specify a price, don't complain when people don't tip to "your" standards.

Bloody annoys me when tradeskillers pussy-foot around the issue and just mumble a "um...what you think is fair". If you leave the pricing to the customer, of course they're going to take the cheap route.

Genji
19-10-04, 13:46
1-2k a poke is usally how much I tip under tl50 or so...I mean if melee eye 1 comes out it's uber important to get back in =p

but yeah, above 50 deserves a nice tip :cool:

J. Folsom
19-10-04, 13:50
As Spermy said; if you don't specify a price, don't complain when people don't tip to "your" standards.

Bloody annoys me when tradeskillers pussy-foot around the issue and just mumble a "um...what you think is fair". If you leave the pricing to the customer, of course they're going to take the cheap route.
When I get back to serious tradeskilling again, I'll just give my prices up front. It's probably going to cause as many complaints as last time I did that, but I don't care. And maybe some of the other traders will learn that asking money for your services is a good thing...

I'm already looking forward to the arguments with customers anyway, they were amusing the last time I was doing it anyway.

Spermy
19-10-04, 14:43
Yes, but by setting a price you never know if he was willing to pay more ;) I dont complain about those that doesnt tip, most people in doy i've met so far have tipped me when i do something for them :)

Exactly - you never know how much you could have made - it's all part of business though - set up as high as you dare.

IceStorm
19-10-04, 15:01
I personally dont tip pokers a whole lot unless it's a higher TL, mainly because they don't lose anything
Wrong. Remote Implant Tools wear out. This isn't a problem right now when a TL30 tool pokes all TLs, but it will be when they no longer do...

Dribble Joy
19-10-04, 15:02
Yeah, one thing that does annoy me.
Got a tl150 remote poke tool, but it is of no real use atm.

Bugs Gunny
19-10-04, 15:55
I've got my tl 150 poke tool stored away for the day when KK decide it's a good idea to implement TL150 poke and hacktools.

Tidus_Origin
19-10-04, 16:54
In NC1, i didn't ask for tips for my (120/150) CST char, i just let them tip me when/if they felt like it - mainly cause I've not got around to making my own good cost/tipping system yet.

IMO, part of its down to your tradeskiller's performance on a job - building a 3 slot rare would get a bigger tip than a non-slotted one, for example.

Biggest tip I remember is getting 10k for building a few implants one time. That'll soon change when I level him more. :D

Shinto
19-10-04, 17:45
personally anyone who doesnt tip enough or at all, never gets another tip of me again.

kinda funny watching them kneel at my feet asking for pokes when im the only poker about :p

El_MUERkO
19-10-04, 18:28
Spermy nailed it.

A tip is optional. A fee is mandatory.

It's up to the trader to make clear which category he is happy with.

You back in game?

kurai
19-10-04, 22:07
Yeah ... currently seeing how long I can endure the misery of levelling before I snap and transfer over my Pluto main ;)

Endar
19-10-04, 22:44
The tips are fucked up. I used to have a constructor and researcher, both of those poor buggers died because they didnt have enought money to buy food.

Thats why Wilfry's Newbie Shoppe is coming. From this point on, I will only sell weapons under TL30, and I will only sell contructed weapons. So when the playershops come, look for my shop :angel:

Basicly Im selling constructed weapons (no spells) with 1 slot and upwards. The prices will vary but generally it will be cheaper to buy a one slotted weapon from me, than a bad one from the shop.

I will not get profit from single weapon, I will be selling hundreds of em :D

Sorin
19-10-04, 23:29
While better/more frequent tips would be better (not that I take tips anyways; thinking of the others here), I would like people in-game to better understand the way tradeskills work.

I stopped publicly constructing a long time ago because I got fucking sick of being blamed for not getting slots; since people refuse to fucking believe that slots are utterly random. I'd stand around in an HQ for a couple hours everyday and advertise that I'm constructing more often if everyone really understood how the hell certain tradeskills work.

Genji
20-10-04, 01:06
[QUOTE=]Wrong. Remote Implant Tools wear out. [QUOTE]

I don't know about you, but I've lost 1% about every 25-50 pokes. Thats not a lot, and If I got a little 1k per poke I would say I got my moneys worth as far a low lvl pokes go.

Genji
20-10-04, 01:07
Edit: hmm..cant seem to figureout how to delete a double post.