PDA

View Full Version : Wild West HL2 mod!!

StrongSad
19-10-04, 05:13
My good friend Jon Cooper is leading a HL2 mod called WANTED. It has no association with the HL1 mod Wanted, but none the less this mod should be very awsome. A lot of the gameplay has been worked out and he is really looking for more experience people to add to the deisgn team. A skilled/devoted modeler (one that can do a large complex train also) is needed most right now. However, demand on different position will always fluctuate as the game progresses, so keep an eye on the forum and front page news posts.

Anyway, here is the site:

http://wantedmod.hl2files.com/main.html

It is just getting off the ground but there is no doubt it cant reach CS popularity one day.

If you like what you see on the site, do everyone working on it a favor and vote for their mod!! (There is a little box down in the bottom left corner of the site you click on to vote).

Should you have questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, etc, register in the forums and post away. They need more community feedback, and anyone can have the potential to influence this mod in its infancy.

Spread the word my friends and get ready for the greatest mod ever made!

Thanks.

nobby
19-10-04, 08:33
sounds alright tbh!
can't wait to see these nl2 mods coming out :p

amfest
19-10-04, 09:17
the duel system sounds lame. I think personally that will just suck everytime that portion comes up and everyone is distrupted and has to watch that progress.

Even so I wish the team good luck with that though I highly doubt it'd reach a C(rappy)S standing. Suppose it depends on the flavor but I think westerns aren't a big flavor at this time. CS just came about that good time that everyone was thinking . .I want weapons that are now sorta thing. No futuristic, no old school medievil weapons and such.

Still I think everyone would get a kick if a Jungle Tribal mod was created with a bunch of short half-naked natives running around in loin clothes with spears, darts, arrows, knives and an array of traps in order to hunt, fight off the neighboring tribes and repel the white devils. Throw in natural dangers of a jungle along with crazed deadly wildlife (ooo poison frogs! to make your darts and arrows deadlier but risk of death!) and I think you'd have an awesome game :p

Jesterthegreat
19-10-04, 11:38
It is just getting off the ground but there is no doubt it cant reach CS popularity one day.

it cant? bummer

on topic: lookin at the site now :)

MaGn0lia
19-10-04, 13:34
Hehehe, seems more like a joke than real mod :)

Xeno LARD
19-10-04, 14:51
Can't beat the pirate mod for BF1942. How about a pirate fight in the middle of the desert. Then both parties get suited for. :D

Terayon
19-10-04, 16:11
This (http://www.empiresmod.com/media.php) looks like a better mod. man it will be wicked when it comes out. there are so many mods coming out for hl2 its realy hard to say which will be most sucessfull.

StrongSad
19-10-04, 19:26
Hehehe, seems more like a joke than real mod

Tell that to the people who have spent hours working on all of the stuff. ;)

@Terayon. Yes that does look like a fun mod although the weapons models leave something to be desired IMO. Quality or quantity as they say. Anyhoo, its hard to say that mod WILL BE better than Wanted. Sort of like saying an apple is better than an orange if you dont mind the cliche. One is the western era and the other is a future era. Pretty subjective if you ask me.

We were aiming to do something that hasnt been done before. People have seen the western movies and now they get to play in one!

PS- yes I know there is a western mod for HL1. This will be in a whole new league. :D

MaGn0lia
20-10-04, 13:39
Hehe, fyi StrongSad I have been in several modding teams working on art, their "hard work" is my 15mins of doodling and playing around softimage settings :p

@Xeno: that pirate mod is so leet, you could drive an iguana in that game, and they were fast as hell, and had a car sound and all, if you beat them they catch on fire and break down :D

StrongSad
20-10-04, 21:51
Ok magnolia, can I see some of your doodling? Or maybe you could take 15mins and whip up a model for our mod :) We dont need concept art atm, models models models!!!