PDA

View Full Version : Reduce price of gr to th?

Blacksword
18-10-04, 23:43
I dont know, maybe this will solve the big ass cant tradeskill in plaza without getting ganked shit. Ive been tossing le's around plaza the last couple days as a smart ass way to help noobs from worrying about getting nailed. cant do much for the >**/30's though.

Maybe if th didnt cost 4k to go to, more people would go there for thier trading needs. I personally dont have a problem as 4k and the 1k back to my apartment isnt really all that hard to get, but for younger players and the tradeskillers servicing them it probably is.

make it easier to trade between nc/doy and th and maybe this problem will finally be resolved. personally i dont think i would think much about jumping tradeskillers, but i also dont stand anywhere where i know i might get ganked.

the downside is it will probably turn both cities into ghost towns and people will gank leveling spots more often, or grs.

just one solution, although far from perfect :rolleyes:

QuakCow
18-10-04, 23:48
hrm....im not taking my le out till im /50+ :p and i don't have any th gr activated....and of course if its even possible to get there via hacknet, the th area is nearly impossible....so..maybe have some slightly easier way of getting to th....

msdong
18-10-04, 23:48
TH is 500c to go from you app. simple

Blacksword
18-10-04, 23:54
TH is 500c to go from you app. simple

thats something i didnt know, i dont gr from my apartment typically, and that cost never was a problem. its nice to know though.

hrm....im not taking my le out till im /50+ and i don't have any th gr activated....and of course if its even possible to get there via hacknet, the th area is nearly impossible....so..maybe have some slightly easier way of getting to th....

last time i checked, you cant get to th via hacknet, but you can get close. i dont know if hte cannon is still there, but you can avoid it.

Necrosadistic
19-10-04, 00:00
hrm....im not taking my le out till im /50+ :p and i don't have any th gr activated....and of course if its even possible to get there via hacknet, the th area is nearly impossible....so..maybe have some slightly easier way of getting to th....

Impossible? You can run there with an LE really easily... Rarely a runner alonf g the way, especially if you're careful... As for teh mobs, just avoid water and the ubiquitous dragonflies, and you should be home safe....

You could also pay a driver to give you a lift there... If you're a real noob lots of people would even drive you for free if you ask nicely...

msdong
19-10-04, 00:12
thats something i didnt know, i dont gr from my apartment typically, and that cost never was a problem. its nice to know though. ...

to you app is 1000c only from everywhere, just as info.

Spoon
19-10-04, 00:38
I do 50% of my trading and selling in TH..
Even go there for pokes, if I can't find anyone in NC...

The GR at TH is one of the most important GR's you're going to tag in this "new" Neocron, if you haven't realized that already.....

Ascension
19-10-04, 01:04
I do 50% of my trading and selling in TH..
Even go there for pokes, if I can't find anyone in NC...

The GR at TH is one of the most important GR's you're going to tag in this "new" Neocron, if you haven't realized that already.....

yeah I agree spoon its definatly getting that way.. its pretty cool to walk through there and see it full of people.. definatly the 'new' place for pokes etc.. unless your clan conviens at your HQ..

*waits for player shops* ;)

IceStorm
19-10-04, 02:22
i dont gr from my apartment typically,You must pay through the nose, then. GRing from your apt to anywhere costs 500 NC. Return trip is either 1000 NC or, if your apt is near your Faction HQ, free via Hacknet (enter Hacknet, go up a gravlift, exit to HQ).

I've GRed point-to-point once in NC2. That's across the five or six characters I've played since starting NC2. It takes dicipline, but it really helps one's bank account.

Blacksword
19-10-04, 02:50
You must pay through the nose, then. GRing from your apt to anywhere costs 500 NC. Return trip is either 1000 NC or, if your apt is near your Faction HQ, free via Hacknet (enter Hacknet, go up a gravlift, exit to HQ).

I've GRed point-to-point once in NC2. That's across the five or six characters I've played since starting NC2. It takes dicipline, but it really helps one's bank account.

Well, dont i feel like teh nib. Has it always been this way? I havent played for prob a lil over a year and i dont remember it being this way. Of course, i dont remember it the other way either :rolleyes:
anyways, i dont gr a ton to begin with, and i usually bring back ten times what it costs. oh ya, GRing from my apartment to my apartment is 1000nc, just to be picky :D

well, ive offered a solution to a problem that already exists. my next question is why do people still hang out at plaza? th is not the easiest place to get to, but its still quite possible to take a newb with the new car smell still on him there.

oh well, i feel nothing for people that get ganked in plaza now, its just to easy to avoid that.

*waits for player shops*

me too, one reason im trying nc2 out, that and the secret hope that regants legacy was worked on in my absence :( still having fun so ill prob stick around for awhile again.

Bugs Gunny
19-10-04, 09:39
It's so funny. Each time i enter plaza1 there's someone that dropped dead, and other people just standing there, waiting for the next sniper bullet.
I just run under cover to where i want to go then.

IceStorm
19-10-04, 10:11
my apartment to my apartment is 1000nc, just to be picky From your apartment GR to any other destination is 500 nc right now. It used to be 1000 nc back in NC1. I have't tried GRing to the same apartment I'm in since I've no desire to rack up SI for no reason...
my next question is why do people still hang out at plaza?Cryton's had resources when TH's vendors didn't. TH is not easy to get to if you constantly run into Hoverbots, not to mention if you're new you won't know how to get there.

Why people stand in Plaza 1 without LEs, I don't know. I've made my temporary home PP HQ since I've been leveling my PP barterer and building SFs for sale. If people don't want to come to me for pokes, tough.

QuakCow
19-10-04, 10:35
erm..the th hacknet area is nearly impossible, yet to try walking to th...

IceStorm
19-10-04, 10:39
erm..the th hacknet area is nearly impossibleWhy? Is it pro-city hostile? Go around via the CM Bridgelink. It's not like you can exit via a TH GR.

QuakCow
19-10-04, 10:46
someone corrected me earlier, thinking i was talking about walking to th, bu i was talking about teh th bridgelink or whatever its called...and i know you cant exit to thvia hacknet :p

(the th area in hacknet is full of 100/100and 127/127 mobs that are hostile to everyone...)

IceStorm
19-10-04, 10:50
That must be new. I've transited the TH bridgelink in my CM spy and my CA spy without being shot at.

I'll give it a try later this week. Maybe I'm just walking too fast for the mobs to fire at me...

QuakCow
19-10-04, 10:51
id been there once before and nothing shot me, then the last time i went there the 100/100 mobs nearly ripped me to shreds :(

Krush
19-10-04, 19:14
I have run a couple of alts to TH and its a pain in the arse.

But once they are there then they can GR from apartment

Or learn to drive

SorkZmok
20-10-04, 05:32
The only thing TH needs is a vendor selling construction grease, imp gel etc. Nothing more annoying than gring there just to find out you got no gel left in your gogu. :(

QuakCow
20-10-04, 05:44
ok, just made the trek from regant fortress to th, my god that was a litteral stroll in the park, not one aggro

eLcHi
20-10-04, 10:40
The only thing TH needs is a vendor selling construction grease, imp gel etc. Nothing more annoying than gring there just to find out you got no gel left in your gogu. :(

I think there is, they`re just a lil bit hidden ...

might be my bad memory too, i`m not sure ... have to check ;)

Endar
20-10-04, 10:41
Naaah. No need for that.

Quake
20-10-04, 10:51
Bla you can run there with any char, any level, with or without LE from both DoY and NC.

Agent L
20-10-04, 14:07
ok, just made the trek from regant fortress to th, my god that was a litteral stroll in the park, not one aggro
Exactly, it is that way all the time.

There is only 1 FA turret left, it is located at north side of south TH entrance. So when coming from city (south) there is no way of getting shot unless you start roaming around admiring TH's monumental concrete architecture.
There is no logout at TH haxnet afaik, so city hackers should logout at pointred and doy at gabanium. Regant is cool too, however you can run into hurlers and agressors.
Hoverbots, even if you ran just under them, usually don't aggro fast enough to catch you - if you've put all nib's CON into ATH.

[TgR]KILLER
20-10-04, 14:21
lol i always GR from my app cause its commenly known gring to and from your app is ALWAYS cheaper then to and from anywere else.. and as said above i always gr to TH for 500nc and back to DOY for 1k ( my app ) can't get cheaper.

eLcHi
20-10-04, 17:09
Just checked again - No Lube in TH ... my memory was fooling me, sorry :(