PDA

View Full Version : The moon is in the wrong place

MrChumble
18-10-04, 19:30
The moon seems to be interfering with the astral waves of Saturn and the Oort clouds. It's throwing my cster off. 6 fails in a row with 3 blown blueprints on stuff I was rattling through last night. Hmm make that 7. wtf is going on o_O

If this was just player builds it would be annoying, but these are missions and every time a cube goes pop I need to cancel the mission and lose money doing it :mad:

It's costing 4x as much in subs and costs as I'm getting for the missions. Sigh. *me prods Lupus. Fixy!

EDIT: ffs 10 fails in a row! What the flying fuck is going on!

lol 11 now, and another cube blown. The missions aren't even worth the effort at the best of the time, but this is so bad I'm laughing. If my luck gets any worse you'd better send for an ambulance o_O

Ozambabbaz
18-10-04, 20:08
i found that as soon as u fail, cancel mission and start a new one, or it'll cost u more money.

it definately seems that if u fail once on these missions, the chance that u'll fail next attempt is exponentially bigger.

weird, but it seems like that to me and my some 100 missions

whifix
18-10-04, 20:44
Don't cancel, just relog. I've run into the problem where the client goes haywire and will get non stop failures on a specific item. Relogging fixes this for me. This applies also to research and is where I first noticed the problem.

Sorin
18-10-04, 23:00
I fail builds and blow up cubes too, and that's with 215 CST. And yes, I wholeheartedly agree that the paying money when you cancel a mission thing needs removing.

I mentioned the mission-restart-because-of-blown-cube thing in another thread and Lupus said he was looking into it.

QuakCow
18-10-04, 23:25
..didn't lupus say that they were going to implement a way to get another bp without aborting and getting a new mission...

Spoon
18-10-04, 23:30
What TL mission were you doing?

I did about 60 TL100 CST on my CST Droner(175CST without factory, and lower DEX and INT than MrChumbles' spy)....

I breezed through those missions, the only time I blew a cube was when I tried doing TL 110 and 120 missions, so I played it safe and just did the TL 100 missions(his back rank went from 48 or 49 to 55)....

At 700Xp per mission, I managed to cap my PSI, get 2 STR levels and 3 CON levels...

I acttually managed to level my droner for teh first time in weeks!!!!11oneoene

Although, I tried doing the TL 110 RES missions on my researcher(TL 155), and failed miserably.....
He's kind of gimped till I get Advanced Nerves 3..... :o

*EDIT*
I managed to come out 50k ahead on the CST missions....

Ozambabbaz
18-10-04, 23:33
thx for the tip on relogging, i suspected it might work, but cancelling was just quicker :(

about the missions themselves, i remember Lupus stating that the res missions fail/success rate was based on a pure tradeskiller@250res&100int :confused: :( :lol:

as if combat speccing wasn't hard enuff on ur stats :o

MrChumble
18-10-04, 23:53
i remember Lupus stating that the res missions fail/success rate was based on a pure tradeskiller@ 250res&100int

That's not my spy, so the setup is a bit crazy, but still with that much int and cst I'd expect to sail through TL100 missions. As for ressers...well I can't think of any resser offhand who specs 250 res. Most have either implant or barter skill as well. Basing things off 250 res seems a bit crazy, but I suppose this is all a work in progress...at least I hope it is cos the exp and money gains are way to low.

Dirus
19-10-04, 02:03
thx for the tip on relogging, i suspected it might work, but cancelling was just quicker :(

about the missions themselves, i remember Lupus stating that the res missions fail/success rate was based on a pure tradeskiller@250res&100int :confused: :( :lol:

as if combat speccing wasn't hard enuff on ur stats :o

The payout reward wise for the TL120+ missions was based on a capped character. However the research fail rate and time are currently being looked into change wise. I'm also working on adding the bp/part replacement code for them, tho it may not be ingame for a couple patches since theres almost 100 scripts I have to rewrite and added it to.

jernau
19-10-04, 02:13
If you have no money it can't take any from you ;)

Ozambabbaz
19-10-04, 02:27
The payout reward wise for the TL120+ missions was based on a capped character. However the research fail rate and time are currently being looked into change wise. I'm also working on adding the bp/part replacement code for them, tho it may not be ingame for a couple patches since theres almost 100 scripts I have to rewrite and added it to.

Thank you

MrChumble
19-10-04, 09:33
How about the exp rewards and money rewards? Those are a bigger issue than the fail rate, for me anyway. As an experiment go and make a new char, pure cst, and see how far you get leveling by missions. It's horribly slow, a spy with no combat skills could punch spiders and get about the same exp (if not better).