PDA

View Full Version : So...

Shujin
18-10-04, 01:58
So... how many new people are there to the game?... any reason for me to return other than an extra tread on the leveling treadmill, and some new eyecandy?

Jesterthegreat
18-10-04, 02:41
there are definatly new people to the game.

tbh as much as a slate NC2 beorte i upgraded and when i first started... im loving the empire vs empire thing :p

daily ill chase spies around zones in DoY. ok... the anti city seems to be populated with immature idiots, but thats why im in the proccess of goin pro city :p

if you can stand the ego's, anmti city is great. if not go old school... pro city :D

Idola
18-10-04, 02:44
If you grew bored of the game before, it's unlikely to keep you hooked for much longer than a month now. Although your account's active (You're posting in the Community Talk section after all), so it couldn't hurt to upgrade to Neocron 2 for just a while.

Jesterthegreat
18-10-04, 02:48
If you grew bored of the game before, it's unlikely to keep you hooked for much longer than a month now. Although your account's active (You're posting in the Community Talk section after all), so it couldn't hurt to upgrade to Neocron 2 for just a while.

liez...

i was bored of NC, i love having people from all clans working together, or against each other.

i have done a new epic, i have lommed a char to a new subclass, i have PvP'd, i have leveled, i have defended doy from countless stealth spies...

i was so bored of NC1 i played FFXI online instead. i havent played that in about a week now (since i got NC2 working). says it all really

MkVenner
18-10-04, 02:56
yeah i was starting to get bored of NC1, like logging on once or twice a week for a coupla hours, but now im on ALOT more, pretty much wheneva work allows it (redownloading it now coz i had to reformatt :()

Shujin
18-10-04, 02:57
well my acc is active because i paid every 6 months, and i prolly have a while to go. i beta'd nc2 and didnt really see many great things, liked the gui after a while, liked the new models after a while, but.... that was basicly it... hacknet was ok... not to great... the only thing that i really want for neocron is a huge player base.

theres plenty to do, but none of it very fun without a HUGE player base. Ie: non stop op wars. back in beta of nc1 there were basicly non stop op wars, tanks everywhere and i remember walking to mb one time and as i walked past jeriko i got sniped by crackheads and told to turn back or die. i decided to try to fun for it and i died ;P

thats what was fun to me... meaningless mob hunting just for the sake of hoarding is just boring.

atm me, cybrid, and kold have moved to eve. we've been playin it for a couple months and most people think its the most boring pos ever :P but tbh, no its not if you get into the game. at all times theres over 6,000 people on eve ( theres only 1 server ), at most times there are over 10,000. With a player base like that its not possible to be bored. They add new items, skills, features, or changes EVERY week, multiple times a week even.

They have a non stop storyline that they add neocronicle type things every day. It never EVER lags, in my time playing it ( about a year now ) I have never crashed and the server has unexepectly gone down 2 times. It has a daily maintenance period each day at the time it usually has the lowest amount of people (6-7am EST). during that time is when they usually add the new features and stuff.

In the past month, they have added about 3 new ship types, about 20 new skills, and in a couple weeks they plan to unvaile Shiva, a free expansion pack ( as DoY was supposed to be ).

Jesterthegreat
18-10-04, 03:00
well my acc is active because i paid every 6 months, and i prolly have a while to go. i beta'd nc2 and didnt really see many great things, liked the gui after a while, liked the new models after a while, but.... that was basicly it... hacknet was ok... not to great... the only thing that i really want for neocron is a huge player base.

theres plenty to do, but none of it very fun without a HUGE player base. Ie: non stop op wars. back in beta of nc1 there were basicly non stop op wars, tanks everywhere and i remember walking to mb one time and as i walked past jeriko i got sniped by crackheads and told to turn back or die. i decided to try to fun for it and i died ;P

thats what was fun to me... meaningless mob hunting just for the sake of hoarding is just boring.

atm me, cybrid, and kold have moved to eve. we've been playin it for a couple months and most people think its the most boring pos ever :P but tbh, no its not if you get into the game. at all times theres over 6,000 people on eve ( theres only 1 server ), at most times there are over 10,000. With a player base like that its not possible to be bored. They add new items, skills, features, or changes EVERY week, multiple times a week even.

They have a non stop storyline that they add neocronicle type things every day. It never EVER lags, in my time playing it ( about a year now ) I have never crashed and the server has unexepectly gone down 2 times. It has a daily maintenance period each day at the time it usually has the lowest amount of people (6-7am EST). during that time is when they usually add the new features and stuff.

In the past month, they have added about 3 new ship types, about 20 new skills, and in a couple weeks they plan to unvaile Shiva, a free expansion pack ( as DoY was supposed to be ).

i beta'd Eve for about a month and hated it, you beta'd NC2 and didnt think it was worth it.

basing decisions like this on beta's is just foolish. personally i wouldn't buy Eve due to a month of mining in the beta... but a Jester is a fool by royal appointment, i admit to it :p

MkVenner
18-10-04, 03:04
yeah i must admit, when i was playing Eve i was amazed by the fact there was no lag, not even a little, with the amount of people online, and the amount of sectors and staions and stuff was cool

cept i just really never "clicked", took me a while to realise it lol, id done everything, mining, PvP, PvM, and after about 2 months realised i was bored lol

BTW, are titans in yet?

Shujin
18-10-04, 03:09
BTW, are titans in yet?
not yet, those are like mechs in neocron cept in this case it ccp will probably really add them after a while.

atm there are Frigates, Interceptors, Cruisers, Logistics Cruisers, Battleships, Logistic Frigates, couple more cant think of off hand...

and with shiva Battlecruisers and Destroyers are coming.

i beta'd Eve for about a month and hated it, you beta'd NC2 and didnt think it was worth it.

basing decisions like this on beta's is just foolish. personally i wouldn't buy Eve due to a month of mining in the beta... but a Jester is a fool by royal appointment, i admit to it :p
I've read the forum since the betas been over and so far I've seen nothing different ;P

but eve is 2 years old now, so thats different

MkVenner
18-10-04, 03:10
Logistic cruisers and frigates weren't in when i played, and i read about the shiva expansion....i might give it another go....who knows....

Jesterthegreat
18-10-04, 03:12
I've read the forum since the betas been over and so far I've seen nothing different ;P

but eve is 2 years old now, so thats different

tbh i seriously considered not bothering with DoY when i was just reading the forums.

however its only £11 to upgrade, so i thought i might as well... im fuckin glad i did. takes a while to get back into the game and get items together etc... but once your in it will remind you why you used to love NC.

last time i logged on there were 470 people online, so although thats not 6000, it seems like alot (im an ex Uranus player, not saturn which had a bigger pop :p)

Shujin
18-10-04, 03:13
Logistic cruisers and frigates weren't in when i played, and i read about the shiva expansion....i might give it another go....who knows....
i think they are for spying, not sure but i think they have built in cloaking devices ( like i said not sure )

Shujin
18-10-04, 03:14
tbh i seriously considered not bothering with DoY when i was just reading the forums.

however its only £11 to upgrade, so i thought i might as well... im fuckin glad i did. takes a while to get back into the game and get items together etc... but once your in it will remind you why you used to love NC.

last time i logged on there were 470 people online, so although thats not 6000, it seems like alot (im an ex Uranus player, not saturn which had a bigger pop :p)
well after i get a bit of money i might upgrade if i remember ;P payin for school takes up basicly all my money

Idola
18-10-04, 03:15
i think they are for spying, not sure but i think they have built in cloaking devices ( like i said not sure )

Logistics ships are the PPUs of the EvE world. Built solely for transfering, supporting and repairing shields, armour, electronics...etc, etc. I can't see them being too popular once they get into main-stream use.

I can only play EvE for a couple of weeks at most....then I end up logging in for no reason other than just starting another skill training. Needless to say, I gave it up for good a month or so back.

Jesterthegreat
18-10-04, 03:15
well after i get a bit of money i might upgrade if i remember ;P payin for school takes up basicly all my money

as does bein unemployed :p

has the advantage of lots of NC time until somewhere nearby is looking for a IT Techy though

Shujin
18-10-04, 03:17
Logistics ships are the PPUs of the EvE world. Built solely for transfering, supporting and repairing shields, armour, electronics...etc, etc. I can't see them being too popular once they get into main-stream use.

I can only play EvE for a couple of weeks at most....then I end up logging in for no reason other than just starting another skill training. Needless to say, I gave it up for good a month or so back.
then gimmie your stuff :D me on eve = Nirat

Shujin
18-10-04, 03:23
does neocron have a bounty system now?

and if it does, it'd be kewl if they had something like eve have those lil tv's everywhere advertising the bounty on people

see attachment for example.

MkVenner
18-10-04, 03:44
no it doesn't, and yes that'd be sick

Asurmen Spec Op
18-10-04, 07:06
I played eve. It didnt really click in with me but if that bount system was in NC
I think id need alot more ammo

Vid Gamer
18-10-04, 08:43
That would be pretty slick to have real Runners in the "Wanted" signs around Neocron instead of the fake ones we have currently.

I think that would add more realism and punk to the game than something like a taxi cab system that moves like ten steps away.

Spermy
18-10-04, 09:51
Twould be totally sweet - and I dunno if it's that hard to implement - A picture from file and a line of text with the name. It'd mean they'd have to change the maps quite often - which would mean downtime to upload teh new maps.

eLcHi
18-10-04, 11:14
I was bored of NC for quite some time (quit playing for like 3-4 months) ... but with NC2 i came back and omg i love it again :D

Nidhogg
18-10-04, 11:31
Thread moved.

N

P.S. Saying EVE never lags gave me a chuckle. ;)

darknessfairy
18-10-04, 11:56
Come bak to neocron. I pretty much hadnt played for like a month before it was released.

I came back from holiday beginning of august, and didnt play until i got into closed beta, then when open beta started i didnt play again, but then retail came, and im not off it tbh, (unless im gettin ready for work/atwork/otherwise engaged etc) it is a challange to get everything back to how it was, but it's fun doing it :)

Shujin
19-10-04, 00:26
Thread moved.

N

P.S. Saying EVE never lags gave me a chuckle. ;)
why? i have never lagged dude, and i know no one that ever has. I take that back, I have lagged once, but my router was messed up O_o

Dribble Joy
19-10-04, 00:31
A bounty system would rock, I am still trying to think of a way of doing to without it being totally exploitable though.

Shujin
19-10-04, 00:46
A bounty system would rock, I am still trying to think of a way of doing to without it being totally exploitable though.
In eve, a bounty can only be placed on someone who pk'd and stuff getting a low security status ( -.04 is the point i think ) its basicly like soullight.

so why not have similar to this? Ie: if player reaches =<-10 soullight you can add a bounty to their head. or somethin like that. or add a new thing to neocron like player / npc kill points and redemption points.

When you kill a player or npc level of same or allied faction / to //// you receive 25 kill points
when you kill a player or npc level of same or allied faction < to <<<< you receive 20 kill points
when you kill a player or npc level of same or allied faction * to *** you receive 15 kill points

When you kill a player or npc level of neutral faction / to //// you receive 15 kill points
when you kill a player or npc level neutral faction < to <<<< you receive 10 kill points
when you kill a player or npc level neutral faction * to *** you receive 5 kill points

When you kill a player or npc level of enemy faction / to //// you receive 2 Redemption points
when you kill a player or npc level enemy faction < to <<<< you receive 5 Redemption points
when you kill a player or npc level enemy faction * to *** you receive 10 Redemption points

When you kill player with >=10 kill points you receive 3 dedemption point - any kill points you would have received + any redemption points you would have received.
When you kill player with >=30 kill points you receive 8 dedemption point - any kill points you would have received + any redemption points you would have received.
When you kill player with >=50 kill points you receive 24 dedemption point - any kill points you would have received + any redemption points you would have received.

If player has =< 30 kill points than a bounty can be played on him/her by a person with kill points >= 0