PDA

View Full Version : ppu bug

bounty
17-10-04, 22:22
I got holy anti buffed today as a capped ppu with holy shelter on. Even after they casted their spell, it showed me as having holy shelter casted on myself, yet I was taking damage as if i had no shelter on, and when i tried to recast, i again, the holy shelter symbol remained in place, yet i was taking damage like i had no shelter on. This is not the first time this has happened, but when it does, it really pisses me off, cause the only thing you can hope for is that they assume you've resheltered and try to antibuff you again, which properly removes your shelter.

Basically, this bug caused me to die in a situation where i should never have died.

/rant

Quake
17-10-04, 23:09
They probably casted a low lvl shelter on you so you couldnt cast a new shelter.

Candaman
17-10-04, 23:13
ain't no bug u got noobed

learn to love it or don't play ppu

Ascension
17-10-04, 23:23
ain't no bug u got noobed

learn to love it or don't play ppu

:lol: so true..

tkNukem
18-10-04, 00:05
remember that time you did that shit to me, cannings?!
i think i'm making stuff up. but you suxor! or something.

but yeah, they almost got me (i was also pestering the assholes that killed bounty) but they casted the noob shelt too early, i guess. i managed to get a holy shelt on (pretty slow reaction too, lol) but i survived. bounty was obviously getting cocky :)

rawr if i had my heavy energy belt...they woulda just kept debuffing the noob shelt hehehehe.

Phlith
18-10-04, 00:12
i <3 storebought nub buffs. leetsauce tbh

Candaman
18-10-04, 02:12
bounty was obviously getting cocky :)

he's always been too cocky

tkNukem
18-10-04, 03:08
as if you don't get cocky, cannings!! :P i know i did, which is why i got the hell out of there when they did it to me once. which reminds me...i want holy catharsis sanctum back.

i wonder how well pete the psi or "polarity" would fare with the current state of affairs against ppu's.

bounty
18-10-04, 03:15
No, i did not get newb sheltered, this i can more than guarantee. I was too far away from anyone that could have casted a low level shelter,and the apu that casted HAB was the only one around me. Plus, i've been playing ppu a long time and i know from the icon if i'm being newb sheltered, as i've been newb sheltered more times than i can count.

Yes i can get a little cocky now and again, but who cares? I don't really mind dying from time to time.

edit: in fact, this bug has shown up in neofrag a few times cause i tested it with shadow dancer.

Tostino
18-10-04, 05:34
Yea this hapens to me somtimes when i alt-tab
P.S. its not all buffs not showing. its the timings that are fucked up

Dromidas
18-10-04, 07:10
yes your buffs "disappear" when you alt tab every now and then, and you can't recast them until they wear off (even though you don't get their effects, UNLESS you relog)

also imo, i think stronger buffs should overwrite weaker buffs, also same level buffs should overwrite same level and just refresh timer (including heals)
make my damn life easier.. i hate having to spam cast heal on someone in a rough situation when they're dancing around like a damn ballerina and i'm panicing they'll do a swan curl toe touch right as it wears off and i mistarget my heal onto myself.

Candaman
18-10-04, 08:41
No, i did not get newb sheltered, this i can more than guarantee. I was too far away from anyone that could have casted a low level shelter,and the apu that casted HAB was the only one around me. Plus, i've been playing ppu a long time and i know from the icon if i'm being newb sheltered, as i've been newb sheltered more times than i can count.

Yes i can get a little cocky now and again, but who cares? I don't really mind dying from time to time.

edit: in fact, this bug has shown up in neofrag a few times cause i tested it with shadow dancer.

so let me get this right. After being antibuffed and casting shelter twice while being drilled with holy lightning u stopped opened ur rpos and held ur mouse over ur shelter symboll to make sure u had holy shelter on?

sultana
18-10-04, 10:06
The tl25 shelter and Holy Shelter symbols are different enough for you to tell the apart.... (on that note, tl 3 heal looks like a blessed heal now O_o )

As for the bug, I've had it happen to me once, I was antibuffed and i resheltered myself, though it didn't cast, as in didn't show up on my rpos... tried again nothing happened. I was near the subway so i just ran into there, later found out I was tl 25 sheltered :wtf: I figure on their screen i was probably tl 25 sheltered before or as i was being antibuffed on mine, so it didn't show up... something like that.

*looks down* Blames it on lag :lol:

bounty
18-10-04, 10:09
i don't know about you, but i can see my shelter symbol quite easily without opening up my RPOS It shows up in the bottom right next to my quickbelt display. There used to not be a difference between what a holy shelter symbol and a newb shelter symbol looked like in that bottom right corner, but now the holy shelter is accentuated with the dark brown/orange with the gold ring, where as the newb shelter is a white color. Very obvious difference to me.

bounty
18-10-04, 10:15
Well with mine, the Holy SHelter symbol never got removed and at first i thought i was out of the apu's range, cause there was a great deal of distance between us. So i see the holy shelter and think "ok, i'm good" only to be taken down to 50 health in just a few HL hits. It almost seems like client and server are thinking 2 dif things. I dunno, I've had it happen occasionally in the past, but this was the first time i actually had absolute proof in my mind that there is a bug.

Kopaka
18-10-04, 10:28
The tl25 shelter and Holy Shelter symbols are different enough for you to tell the apart.... (on that note, tl 3 heal looks like a blessed heal now O_o )

As for the bug, I've had it happen to me once, I was antibuffed and i resheltered myself, though it didn't cast, as in didn't show up on my rpos... tried again nothing happened. I was near the subway so i just ran into there, later found out I was tl 25 sheltered :wtf: I figure on their screen i was probably tl 25 sheltered before or as i was being antibuffed on mine, so it didn't show up... something like that.

*looks down* Blames it on lag :lol:

no sult, its h4x and u know it! :D

noobbuffing doesnt mean u have to die tho :wtf:
got noobbuffed yesterday, tried the PSI shield i bought the day before.
gotta love boosters :) outhealed him actually

tkNukem
18-10-04, 14:55
rawr i hate that miscast shit. in nc2, it seems there's a percent chance of successfully casting a spell D: sometimes i've had to click the fuckin mouse button 10+ times to get a spell to cast, THEN it miscast for some godawful reason. rarely had this problem in nc1 (and no, i'm not talking about runcasting). i guess i'm the only person who has a problem with it tho ;/ most other ppu's r pretty good about rebuffing after debuffs. rawr dammit.

ridec
18-10-04, 14:56
[edit] Sorry

ZyproN
18-10-04, 14:58
I got holy anti buffed today as a capped ppu with holy shelter on. Even after they casted their spell, it showed me as having holy shelter casted on myself, yet I was taking damage as if i had no shelter on, and when i tried to recast, i again, the holy shelter symbol remained in place, yet i was taking damage like i had no shelter on. This is not the first time this has happened, but when it does, it really pisses me off, cause the only thing you can hope for is that they assume you've resheltered and try to antibuff you again, which properly removes your shelter.

Basically, this bug caused me to die in a situation where i should never have died.

/rant

Did this happend yesterday? AT MB? Couse I was there a APU, HAB you while i casted shelter with my spy and a newbie heal. And you dropped, hacked your belt dropped a psi booster :(

GIJ0e
18-10-04, 17:16
isnt noob buffing the recourse of talentless retards? or has the mood changed of late? :confused:

40$Poser
18-10-04, 17:23
isnt noob buffing the recourse of talentless retards? or has the mood changed of late? :confused:

it's part of the game, something people obviously are starting to understand. Or so it seems.

Glok
18-10-04, 17:31
isnt noob buffing the recourse of talentless retards? or has the mood changed of late? :confused:If you can think of another way to take down a PPU as anything other than an APU with HAB then feel free to enlighten us. Not to mention that noob buffing does actually take some skill with regards to timing.

bounty
18-10-04, 21:29
Did this happend yesterday? AT MB? Couse I was there a APU, HAB you while i casted shelter with my spy and a newbie heal. And you dropped, hacked your belt dropped a psi booster :(

Nah wasn't me, i dropped a holy heal sanc

And i wasn't newb healed at all.

I don't have a problem with being newb buffed, its a part of the game, i deal. But i am however, a little upset about spells that are bugged and in turn cause me to die. I die enough from crashes as it is, i don't need to die from spells that are having server/client issues.

Candaman
18-10-04, 23:29
rawr i hate that miscast shit. in nc2, it seems there's a percent chance of successfully casting a spell D: sometimes i've had to click the fuckin mouse button 10+ times to get a spell to cast, THEN it miscast for some godawful reason. rarely had this problem in nc1 (and no, i'm not talking about runcasting). i guess i'm the only person who has a problem with it tho ;/ most other ppu's r pretty good about rebuffing after debuffs. rawr dammit.

Nope i'm not playing my ppu in combat till the animations are fixed they are what cause u not being able to rebuff

Nah wasn't me, i dropped a holy heal sanc

And i wasn't newb healed at all.

I don't have a problem with being newb buffed, its a part of the game, i deal. But i am however, a little upset about spells that are bugged and in turn cause me to die. I die enough from crashes as it is, i don't need to die from spells that are having server/client issues.

actually u die a lot because ur a bad ppu

tkNukem
19-10-04, 00:17

actually u die a lot because ur a bad ppusomeone has a touch of the penis envy!
i fucking suck as a ppu waaaa w/o my cath sanct...i want my cath sanct back NOW!
and this god-damned, tiny-ass, minute, microscopic, disproportional health bar is not helping. tho maybe it's cause i'm running 1600x1200. IN ANY EVENT....

Candaman
19-10-04, 00:46
someone has a touch of the penis envy!
i fucking suck as a ppu waaaa w/o my cath sanct...i want my cath sanct back NOW!
and this god-damned, tiny-ass, minute, microscopic, disproportional health bar is not helping. tho maybe it's cause i'm running 1600x1200. IN ANY EVENT....

nah i just tell it like it is but atm ppu is unplayable if u want to do it well and try to cast ur spells at max freq

bounty
19-10-04, 00:47
Nope i'm not playing my ppu in combat till the animations are fixed they are what cause u not being able to rebuff

actually u die a lot because ur a bad ppu

I'll take your uneccisary forum attacks against me as boredom. You have more than double my postcount and have been here a year less than me. And i consider myself a regular poster. Hey call me bad at a computer game all you want, I have a lot of responsibility and fun away from the computer screen, it's more than obvious you do not. If i was addicted to something that drained all of my time away, and could afford to play this game hours on end, everyday of the week, i might be as good as you Mr. John Q. Computeraddict.

tkNukem
19-10-04, 02:15
as the threadmaker, can u mods close this thread? D:

bounty, i hate when people say shit like that ;/ you sound like roadie. you should be greatly offended by that connection.

QuantumDelta
19-10-04, 02:35
FYI;
This has happened to me.
I have more than enough situational awareness to know that I wasn't noob sheltered (unless someone magically did it from .. I dunno, invisible mode?)

--

Anyway, it is a bug, it does happen, only happened to me twice, but still.

Glok
19-10-04, 02:40
as the threadmaker, can u mods close this thread? D:Hmmm, when I look at the topic list, this thread has the name 'bounty' under it.

tkNukem
19-10-04, 03:30
Hmmm, when I look at the topic list, this thread has the name 'bounty' under it.as president of the world, i ban you from life.
from the "D:", i was APPARENTLY being sarcastic.

anyway, vote bush I MEAN this bug is a serious issue and must be tended to immediately D:

Glok
19-10-04, 03:35
I always saw the D: emoticon as representing extreme disappointment.

I'm banned from life now. Shit.

bounty
19-10-04, 04:09
weird

Candaman
19-10-04, 08:54
[ edited ]

tkNukem
19-10-04, 16:29
2. trolling

Hunting for trolls.

Trollers hang around under bridges with troll guns at night (since trolls turn to stone in daylight), in the hope of bagging a troll head as a trophy.

As a VERY endangered (i.e. nonexistent) species, trolls are protected by law, and trolling is therefore illegal.

The police arrested two hobbits yesterday on charges of trolling.

dear god, nidhogg, did cannings really do such a thing?!

bush for 04 I MEAN this shelter bug is bad.