PDA

View Full Version : New Wasteland-Map?

Zefrian
17-10-04, 16:00
Hi,

because of it would also be interesting for you i want to give a hint to a poll in the german community forum:

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=1651533

The poll options are:

" A new wasteland map? ....
* ... yes, that would be very nice."
* ... no, that's not a good idea."
* ... i'm not sure, i have some doubts concerning this.
* ... I have no preference."

An example is also given, how such a map would look like.
Please don't hesitate to post your oppinion on that.

@ Mod: Sorry for this hint, but i think it would not be ok only to ask the german speaking community because such a map affects all.

(( sorry, i can not speak french))

Greetings

Zefrian

trigger hurt
17-10-04, 17:14
I just want the fuckin compass back. I forget where I am going sometimes when I am running cause I forget which direction is east on the big map.

Xeno LARD
17-10-04, 17:32
I just want the fuckin compass back. I forget where I am going sometimes when I am running cause I forget which direction is east on the big map.

W00, I'm not alone. You have no idea how many time's i've thought that.

Never Eat Shredded Wheat..

-Demon-
17-10-04, 17:48
W00, I'm not alone. You have no idea how many time's i've thought that.

Never Eat Shredded Wheat..

I always think that anyway..never noticed if there was compass points on the map before or not.

Oh well.

phunqe
17-10-04, 18:30
Easy reminder when looking at maps on the computer: keys W and E on the keyboard. (left) W <-> E (right) :)

EDIT: Ok, stupid I know.. but if you really can't remember it :p

Xeno LARD
17-10-04, 19:26
Easy reminder when looking at maps on the computer: keys W and E on the keyboard. (left) W <-> E (right) :)

EDIT: Ok, stupid I know.. but if you really can't remember it :p

Damn you, Why havn't I noticed that before >.<

I know the whole keyboard layout, just not my compass points. I lose at life :(.

QuantumDelta
17-10-04, 19:49
New zones = teh win!

Zefrian
17-10-04, 20:38
evey map has the following:

north
^
|
west --+-- east
|
|
south

so where is the problem?

trigger hurt
17-10-04, 20:40
evey map has the following:

north
^
|
west --+-- east
|
|
south

so where is the problem?
you mean, aside form the fact that my map, the one supplied by kk, does not have those markings?

Zefrian
17-10-04, 21:00
you mean, aside form the fact that my map, the one supplied by kk, does not have those markings?

you actually do not need it. Usually north is on the top of a map. And because the map cannot be turned, there's no question open concerning the orientation.

G.0.D.
17-10-04, 21:20
But his problem is that he dosnt remember Never Eat Shredded Wheat :D

QuantumDelta
18-10-04, 00:16
you actually do not need it. Usually north is on the top of a map. And because the map cannot be turned, there's no question open concerning the orientation.
Actually, some zones, like Tech Haven, are(were?), upside down.

Dribble Joy
18-10-04, 00:22
MB is also pointing the wrong way. You walk in facing east, but when you zone in, you are facing north.

IceStorm
18-10-04, 01:45
I'd like it if the map or the location indicator would scale properly now that I can no longer use 1024x786 and see what I'm doing on the HUD.

More than once I've been traveling and almost zoned into hostile territory because I forgot that the X was showing where I was on a scaled 1152x864 grid but the map was stuck at 1024x768...

Jesterthegreat
18-10-04, 01:48
Actually, some zones, like Tech Haven, are(were?), upside down.

and how did they fix that? they blanked out the compass in TH :p

IceStorm
18-10-04, 01:52
they blanked out the compass in TH Wish they'd stop doing that shit. Half the time I forget which way to Sector 1 or 3 and have to wait for the zone line to tell me.

Jesterthegreat
18-10-04, 02:20
Wish they'd stop doing that shit. Half the time I forget which way to Sector 1 or 3 and have to wait for the zone line to tell me.

same. annoying as hell

kurai
18-10-04, 03:18
One stopgap measure KK could undertake is make the existing map scale properly to resolutions greater than 1024*768

It's not bloody rocket science.
(they `fixed` this long running bug in NC1, so it can't be *that* hard. Unless they all have Alzheimers. I really wonder sometimes)