PDA

View Full Version : Recording TV Output?

SilentEye
17-10-04, 15:09
Hey,

I was wondering about something. I have a gamecube, and on it I play Sould Caliber. I want to record something and stuff it on my PC.

I was wondering if I could do this by porting the TV Output onto the PC Monitor somehow?

Below is a screenshot of the backend of my video card: ATI Readeon 9200XT.

http://194.109.220.50:22000/video_sockets.jpg

Please tell me EVERYTHING on how to do it, as I have absolutely NO idea!

Thanks,
Silenteye

Xeno LARD
17-10-04, 17:25
You need a TV Tuner card.

Then you plug your *console* into that card (It'll act like a tv) then you just hit record. :D

Edit: The *strange* connector (white one) is, I belive DVI out. It's for digital monitors :D

SilentEye
17-10-04, 18:32
AFAIK my video card is a TV Tuner Card, I mean when I log I get this popup about it, from ATI.

What kinda cable do I need? ^_^

Xeno LARD
18-10-04, 22:26
AFAIK my video card is a TV Tuner Card, I mean when I log I get this popup about it, from ATI.

As far as i can remember it's not. The pic doesnt load now though 0.o/.

Spermy
18-10-04, 23:07

Sounds like one of those all in wonder thingies.

When you got it - it should have come with a set of cables - and a purple adaptor. Plug the purple thingy into the card - there's only one slot for it so it should be too hard to find. Then you have those 3 sockets on the pruple thingy IIRC, and you have 3 corresponding ones coming outta the console AFAIK...

Excuse the ramblings - I'll go dig out me old manual and look it up.

kurai
18-10-04, 23:11
There's a difference between TV tuner and `video capture`

The normal TV tuner component is essentially an *output* device. You can `capture/record` this video data because it's already inside your system.

A video capture port is for grabbing *external* inputs of whatever signal type.

`Standard` video\TV cards generally don't have this, hence the need for something like ATI's All-In-Wonder series that have an input port as well as the normal outputs.