PDA

View Full Version : Error 1628: Failed to complete Installation

Saza
17-10-04, 15:00
Whenever I try to install the Dawn of War 1.01 patch, I get this message while Installshield is running. After googling the error, I got this:

http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q110740

I have tried all methods of fixing it, including cleaning the temp directory, checking the processes for another instance of the program, etc. etc. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, has got me ANYWHERE with this error. Yes, the user has administration priviledges. Yes, it is Windows XP and should have the latest version of Installshield. Yes, I am extremely pissed off.

Any and all help/advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Teh Saza.

J. Folsom
17-10-04, 15:38
Have you made (or downloaded) any mods for Dawn of War? It might be that those are interfering with the patching, as the files the patch needs to replace don't match the ones it's been programmed to replace.

Idola
17-10-04, 15:51
A couple of suggestions that I can think of (Although they're unlikely to be favourable):

1.) If it's a pirate copy (Although I doubt this), get off your bum and get a retail copy. :p

2.) Have you tried downloading the patch again? I've had a similar problem with other game patches before, and downloading them again worked for me.