PDA

View Full Version : Rework the SL system.

SorkZmok
17-10-04, 14:23
Great. So we just had a bunch of fucking allied pkers at the doy city center. And as i dont want to fuck over my faction sympathy and SL, i cant even fight back. While they give a shit about their own SL and sympathy. Theirs no cops reacting to red SL, the faction guards your sympathys are bad with can be avoided easily. NO penalty at all for people killing allies.

We need some sort of "flag" so i can at least fight back after they attacked me for no reason. And maybe automatically kick people out of their faction after attacking 2 or 3 allied chars first.

Fuck this piece of shit game. I'm pissed. In 2 days i lost a rhino, a HL, a marine and shitloads of sympathy and soullight. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

MkVenner
17-10-04, 14:25
i know its fubar, i've lost count how much SL i've lost to nuetral PKers, and coz im CM THERE ALL neutral lol :p

But how long have we had this problem? since they introduced SL right? and will they fix it? http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/wtf.gif

Glok
17-10-04, 14:27
Can't you just wait till they are red and gank 'em and get a nice belt full of items?

Oh and the marine can be downloaded from the TG database (when it works)... costs about 35k to build. :)

Sorin
17-10-04, 14:33
But how long have we had this problem? since they introduced SL right? and will they fix it? http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/wtf.gif

Well at least it was better in NC1 since the copbots utterly obliterated damn near anything they saw fit to attack. Having red SL used to suck since copbots were everywhere and they'd slaughter the shit out of you.

But now Copbots are just walking stun turrets :(

sebastien
17-10-04, 19:20
I might ask for it to be fixed if I knew exactly how it works. So far no player is 100% sure of the exact workings of this system, and apparently neither is KK. They've not responded to any of the SL threads, nor any of the PM's I've sent.

I would *really* like for these mechanics to at least be clearly stated. Then we could figure out if parts of it make sense or not.

BTW, believe it or not, putting any sort of flagging system into the game is not a good idea. Flagging systems create shelters for griefing, much more than they prevent them.

If you're not sure, play Lineage2 for a few days, and then tell me if you'd like a flagging system in this game. =)

SorkZmok
17-10-04, 19:55
I might ask for it to be fixed if I knew exactly how it works. So far no player is 100% sure of the exact workings of this system, and apparently neither is KK. They've not responded to any of the SL threads, nor any of the PM's I've sent.

I would *really* like for these mechanics to at least be clearly stated. Then we could figure out if parts of it make sense or not.

BTW, believe it or not, putting any sort of flagging system into the game is not a good idea. Flagging systems create shelters for griefing, much more than they prevent them.

If you're not sure, play Lineage2 for a few days, and then tell me if you'd like a flagging system in this game. =)I know its pretty hard to rework the actual system to something you can not abuse, but as it is now its just not working. PKers benefit way too much from it.

KRIMINAL99
17-10-04, 20:28
There isn't really a problem.

If an allied runner attacks you, run. He can only kill you (or anyone) once before he turns nuetral, and then its open season on his ass (at least till he spends some time doing missions).

Personally under the current system I always thought I'd see the game get to the point where all low sl people were autoganked by everyone so everyone would live in mortal fear of low sl, rather than allowing ally gankers (regardless of reason) to run around unharmed. (not that I think this would be the best thing)

If the guy already has low sl you can kill him all day long without losing anything.

If anything was going to be changed I would say maybe make it so you still lose faction sympathy for killing low sl people of your faction, and then make unfactioned people either hostile to everyone and each other (like you might think AB would be) or just have their faction relationships just depend on their sympathy with that faction.

If you make an aggresor flag it will be just as easy to use against people as the current system. Just run in front of someone while shooting...

If you did it my way youd still have to let them kill you (or someone else if you run and heal fast enough), but once that happened you could rest assured that they weren't going to undo the penalties in a matter of minutes.

Quake
17-10-04, 22:58
Ill vote from criminal flag.

The SL systems has pissed me off soooooo many times. If someone is attacking me without my concent i want to be able to attack him back, simple as that.

spanz
18-10-04, 12:41
strong NO! to flag system. It will turn N2 into L2 pvp system which means no pvp at all, griefer friendly flaggy system. No thx. If you play DoY face your "allies" simple.

SorkZmok
18-10-04, 13:34
He can only kill you (or anyone) once before he turns nuetral, and then its open season on his ass (at least till he spends some time doing missions).The clan in question is still pking allies and neutrals. Right now actually. They got no red sl, they still got their clan, they still are in their faction. Wonderful how this system works.
O_o

MasterBee
18-10-04, 14:02
The clan in question is still pking allies and neutrals. Right now actually. They got no red sl, they still got their clan, they still are in their faction. Wonderful how this system works.
O_o

Hmmm, they found an exploit? Right now, no matter how much SL you got, one allied kill will turn you yellow.
What is the clan called?

sebastien
18-10-04, 23:48
See.. this is the problem. None of us knows exactly how the system is supposed to work. So we can't even decide if this is a bug or exploit or if those guys know something we don't or what???

I observed something similar a nuetral killed my friend three times in a row and never turned red.

GM told my friend there is some kind of server-synch-lag that can affect SL. (not good.. whole point is that if somebody ganked you, and went yellow or red, as it stands you'd have only a limited amount of time to try to execute your revenge.. having random or unpredictable SL-lag completely destroys that whole concept)

@KK: please! please! I've emailed GM's in game. I've emailed folks through the boards. Before that I tried asking on this board, and before that in the newbie board. Nobody knows exactly how this system is supposed to work. The experienced players of course know the general concepts. But I mean *exactly* how does it work? How do you calculate SL loss, recovery time, recovery amount, etc?

Please tell us what the rules of the game are. Sorry to sound a bit angry, but honestly I just can't see why this is such a difficult request. :(

Darth Slayer
19-10-04, 19:48
The clan in question is still pking allies and neutrals. Right now actually. They got no red sl, they still got their clan, they still are in their faction. Wonderful how this system works.
O_o
Today I hunted down and Killed a PP Pistol Spy pking in FA sector. Respect to him he gave me a bloody good fight. I did'nt gain any Faction symp or lose any in the pro ctiy factions. Niether did I gain or lose SL it was if I'd just killed a mob. I'm beginning to think that the SL system is broke or not working properly.

Scorpius.

KRIMINAL99
20-10-04, 14:30
If your in a Hunting Zone the sl basically works the same as if you killed an ally even when you kill an enemy. Which means you lose sl and sympathy for killing anyone UNLESS they have neutral or negative soullight.

If its a warzone you never lose any sympathy or soullight.

If its an anarchy zone, then it works like this. You can kill enemies with green soullight (red faction) without losing any soulight but you will lose sympathy. If you kill allies with green soullight you will lose sympathy with allied factions (and possibly your own) and you will lose soullight.

If you kill someone with nuetral or negative soulight you never lose anything.

If you so much as parashock or punch an ally with green soulight (or an enemy in a hunting zone) and they die by some other means before being healed of your damage you will lose soulight. And then everyone can kill YOU without losing any soulight.

When in doubt, its not an exploit quit whining and just adapt to the game.

MasterBee
20-10-04, 14:35
When in doubt, its not an exploit quit whining and just adapt to the game.

Umm, i think it was in doy city center. Unless this changed recently, doy center is an anarchy zone. Which means you should lose SL for killing allies.