PDA

View Full Version : [CBT] Fatal this ..|. 0.o

Spermy
17-10-04, 12:34
Bleh- a big finger to those pissing fatals - on my way to gravis - and I fatal - right next to a bunch of spiders.

SPIDERS.

I log back in

Synch

again

Synch at half health

again

Synch

I log out - I try again.

Synch.

About to try it agian - I fatal.

Bleh.

I expect to be dead when I log back in - from a freakin spider. :mad:

17-10-04, 12:39
Give you PC a clean up.

Run Spybot Seach & Destroy
Run Adaware 6
Run RegSeeker
Reboot
Defrag your HD (makes lot of difference)

Not all fatals are down to the client.

MrChumble
17-10-04, 12:39
We're going to have to resort to the NC1 mantra at this rate.

"It's not a bug it's a feature."

NC has never been short of features :)

QuantumDelta
17-10-04, 12:44
Give you PC a clean up.

Run Adaware 6
Run RegSeeker
Reboot

Speaker of the truth.
I don't know whether it's this or not, but I always seem to fatal less than ..say clan mates, and people who are on this forum suggest they do...
So I wonder if this is the difference.
Since I set the PC to do this when I sleep/out/working/whatever.

17-10-04, 12:51
A prime example was a clan mate was having terrible problems with NC2, he had some spyware on his pc that was using 30% of his cpu. he got rid of it, and NC is fine now.

The motto of the story is get your own house in order before blaming the game for every fatal.

If you didnt put oil in your car, you couldnt complain to Ford or whoever that it doesnt work properly.

Thats not to say that NC is perfect, but you got to do your bit. General PC maintainence. :)

Edit: Diskeeper is a nice defrag tool, you can grab a free trail of it, google it. Its very quick and much better than the windows one.

Spermy
17-10-04, 14:20
Been there done that and bought the t-shirt - My computer is spyware free anyhow - I run the processes everyday - and go thru my internet files myself.

Using S+D

Webroot spysweeper

BlackICE

AVG.

I think Rammage may be a problem - Only 512Megs but I doubt it - I don't have my processes running either - I take off almost everything except spybot spysweeper and blackice, whenever I play.

I never blamed the game for meh fatal anyways. I was lamenting the fact that I was about to be owned by spider and cursing sods law...

And I was - Logged in to find meh dead bod next to a fierce spider.

Glok
17-10-04, 14:25
lmao owned by a spider. :D

MrChumble
17-10-04, 15:37
OH FUCKING GREAT

Guess who just fucking FREd in the middle of fight AGAIN.

And I died. And my DS popped. And as usual Plaza 1 is full of noobs, LEs and people too lazy to help. And of course no 115 pokers :mad:

And as if that wasn't enough the DS is wrecked. Hmm chances of finding a good + trustworthy repper in NC? :mad:

Edit: and again twice while trying to get things sorted. WTF is wrong with NC2 in this patch.

And now eternal black sync. Count to ten, remain calm, do not flame KK. Must...remain...calm...*explodes*

Spermy
17-10-04, 17:56
*reaches to pat mr chumble*

*Realises he bites and retracts said hand*

ArgieD
18-10-04, 16:32
Spermy, no offense mate, but if you are not good enough just stick to the roaches / sewer flies then leave the spiders to somebody stronger :lol: :lol: :lol:

You may now return the compliment...

Spermy
18-10-04, 17:04
*Pisses in Argies shoes*

How'd you like them apples BEEYOTCH!

Original monk
18-10-04, 17:11
note to adaware users: the new adaware SE (personal, free download at lavasoft) on "full systemscan" still finds you alot of spyware's that ya didnt even found with adaware 6 !

tadaa, try em out :)

tomparadox
18-10-04, 20:55
i have the same problem >< in the last 3 or 4 days iv synked about 200 times, fatled about 3 or 4 O_o.

Give you PC a clean up.

Run Adaware 6
Run RegSeeker
Reboot

im just ganna reformat my comp =p... again, any chance you can get a link to these progys? ill try to see if it makes much of a diference...

Blacksword
18-10-04, 21:02
ive gotten twice as many fatals this patch as i have before. something like four or five the last few days, during playtime. the fatals i got before the patch came when i logged out, weirdly enough.
and on that, my pc has the worst time closing nc when ive played for three hours or so, after the patch.
still, fatals are alot better than when i played a year ago. 5 or more every couple hours then.

thebee
18-10-04, 21:25
i love ppl that have crappy systems with crappy setups complain about neocrons fatals.

i have had 3 fatals since the release of NC2. Maybe if you were to have something other than an E machine running with a crap load of JUNK installed on your machine it wouldnt act up as much. get a clue, get a new computer. better yet send yours back where you got it. [ edited ]

QuakCow
18-10-04, 21:28
harsh.....but it kinda takes money to get a better machine now doesnt it? o_O and i dont think everyone has a spare 3k layin around so they can get an uber comp :lol:

Redd Harvest
18-10-04, 21:30
I am convinced that it is somehow able to monitor your heart-rate. Whenever you're just about to do anything exciting it says "Hold up - Elevated pulse detected" and FRE's.

Then, to come back I gotta log in twice most times so I'm not stuck in sync.

I hate that and the fact I've got to relog when I carc it, so I'm not trying to put a choc chogger on my head, or shoot people with my foot, what with the inventory getting bugged every single time.

I swear I'm gonna chuck something vital on the floor in the future thinking it's a piece of junk.

:rolleyes:

Redd Harvest
18-10-04, 21:34
[ edited ]

thebee
18-10-04, 21:40
yah? tell me why i dont FRE then?

Nvidia
18-10-04, 22:14
They definitely changed something from NC2 Beta to NC2 Retail.

In beta, I had ONE fatal from the time I was admitted (second phase) to the time when they started fucking around with the Pre-caching methods. Once they started in on that, I've been in fatal city, with an average of 3-5 a day.

And thebee, don't be such a smart-ass. Not everyone can afford some ungodly gaming system. Just the fact that I run an Athlon XP 3000+ and a 6800GT blows your theory out of the water. Going by your logic, a 'good' computer wouldn't have fatals?

If the computer I have isn't 'good', then I don't know what the fuck is. So next time, before you make a comment like that (and make yourself look like an ass in the process), have some consideration for those not fortunate enough to pay 3,000 for a 'good' computer, and some common sense to realise that computer games should not crash if they meet the minimum requirements.

kthxsex.

EDIT: By the way Spermy, I feel your pain. Yesterday, I was running across the swamps, and I pulled out my PSI Attack 2 to kill a 38/38 Swamp Warrior, or whatever they're called. I hit him once, and then fataled. Little did I know that when I hit him, I agged the two giant dragonflies, giant spider, and swamp shaman.

So, I got to come back to a poisoned monk body, with a fat ass shaman sitting on my head, dragonflies hovering my carcass like vultures. And right next to me lay my belt with my JUST-BOUGHT APU PA1 that cost me 103.5k.

Shitty programming.

thebee
18-10-04, 22:16
actually im being more of a smart ass about the cleanliness of your install i have a AMD 2400 1GB RAM Nvidia Quadro FX 1000 .... not really that high end

tomparadox
18-10-04, 22:20
i love ppl that have crappy systems with crappy setups complain about neocrons fatals.

i have had 3 fatals since the release of NC2. Maybe if you were to have something other than an E machine running with a crap load of JUNK installed on your machine it wouldnt act up as much. get a clue, get a new computer. better yet send yours back where you got it. [ edited ] dude... wtf? thats a bunch of bullshit. i know someone who has an AMD 64 bit over 1 gig ram one of those 500$ grafix cards and he fatles just as much as everyone else. its not our systems, its something in the games code...

yah? tell me why i dont FRE then? luck? dev client? i dont know, id say luck though, quit being smart ass and get off the thread if your going to do is tell us its our systems when its been going on sence the start of the game...

actually im being more of a smart ass about the cleanliness of your install i have a AMD 2400 1GB RAM Nvidia Quadro FX 1000 .... not really that high end it aint our installs... ppl have installed over and over and over and it dont fix it, its something in there code...

edit: tbh i dont fatle a lot but i get synk errors out the ass wich is probly my comp...but it aint my comp that causes a fatle.

whifix
18-10-04, 22:29
@thebee > How about you ask everyone if they fatal in any other game?

I have nice system and I still get C++ errors, closing with no explanations, occasional complete system lockups from Neocron. I'm use Firefox and I do not install any applications I don't know so my system is completly clean of any form of spyware, adware, etc... To top it off sometimes I shut down everything possible to play Neocron and it still crashes. Why do you not crash? Maybe you have the special video card that KK develops on so Neocron supports it the most. Donno. Quit assuming Neocron is the writen with unflawed code. I've played Lineage 2, Final Fantasy 11 and have never crahsed with those but I crash regularly with Neocron.

Spermy
18-10-04, 22:33
[ edited ]

thebee
18-10-04, 22:34
i fatal in blizzards WoW a couple times during the day.

i fataled in quake2 all the time, back in the day

i fataled in many programs in many scenarios in many different times.

i think its just time to lay off and quit pointing the finger when you have no idea what the problem is in the first place. ESPECIALLY if you never launched a commercial program on a large number of ppl.

why not be good little users and enjoy whats good about the game and deal with the little hiccups.

quit trying to blame everything on everyone else.

im just saying. its not easy to just go and fix the bug. the memory leak thing...that irritates me a bit but i understand how hard it is to track that stuff down.

why not just keep your traps shut and let them do thier thing. im pretty sure by now that they realize the game fatals for ppl more often then not. if you stop bugging them, maybe they would have time to fix the problem.

QuantumDelta
18-10-04, 22:39
dude... wtf? thats a bunch of bullshit. i know someone who has an AMD 64 bit over 1 gig ram one of those 500$ grafix cards and he fatles just as much as everyone else. its not our systems, its something in the games code...

Nah.
Good neocron systems are selective.
I've changed several components around, nothing beats me first system I played the game on which was a GF2 MX 400.... AMD Athlon 1600+, 512 MB RAM... (2100 iirc)

Spermy
18-10-04, 22:42
[ edited ]

Nidhogg
18-10-04, 22:44
Settle down. Spermy, if you post something like that again I will give you a 3 day cooling off period.

N

/edit - have it your way.
/edit2 - last chance.

Spermy
18-10-04, 22:51
[ edited - PM me if you wish to discuss it ]

thebee
18-10-04, 23:04
Nid,

I am at fault some here. I did come flaming a bit much in the post.

Spermy
18-10-04, 23:08
Just close the thread - it's so far off the point now anyways - also didn't help that about 6 posters failed to read thru properly.

SovKhan
18-10-04, 23:09
^ lol either way.

fatals ARE mostly the client, since i can play pretty much any other game and never fatal, but load up NC and fatals happen. imo the client most likely has a few (hah) logical errors. but w/e

Spermy
18-10-04, 23:10
*twitches*

This... Isn't about... What... Causes... Fatals... it's about the fact, that I got owned by a spider.

A SPIDER!

QuakCow
18-10-04, 23:12
:lol: haha spermy got owned by a spider :angel:

Nvidia
18-10-04, 23:19
i think its just time to lay off and quit pointing the finger when you have no idea what the problem is in the first place. ESPECIALLY if you never launched a commercial program on a large number of ppl.

Hey, guess what? Reakktor launched this little program about 3 years ago... it was called Neocron. I can remember the Fatal Runtime Errors I got as I climbed up the newb sewer ladders in Beta 4. So...

Number 1: They have launched a commercial program on a large number of people before.

Number 2: We DO know what the problem is. The problem is that KK has let Fatal Runtime Errors continue to plague this awesome game for almost three or four years now. That's a pretty big fucking problem if you ask me.

why not be good little users and enjoy whats good about the game and deal with the little hiccups.

LITTLE HICCUPS??? These are not little hiccups. These are show-stopping, extremely hurtful bugs that should have been fixed within three months of the game's FIRST release.

You can actually take the term FATAL RUNTIME ERROR seriously in the sense that you're almost always dead when you manage to come back from them.

quit trying to blame everything on everyone else.

The only person, or persons in this case, to blame is Reakktor. They have let FREs skip along for way too long - this shit should have been fixed long ago, and it CERTAINLY shouldn't have been carried over into an expansion. What kind of business practice is THAT?

im just saying. its not easy to just go and fix the bug. the memory leak thing...that irritates me a bit but i understand how hard it is to track that stuff down.

Yeah, the memory leak bug, I can understand. That was only recently created though. I'm sure it's tough to track down, but that still doesn't excuse the fact that KK has let FREs run wild in Neocron 1 AND 2 for this long.

why not just keep your traps shut and let them do thier thing. im pretty sure by now that they realize the game fatals for ppl more often then not. if you stop bugging them, maybe they would have time to fix the problem.

We have "kept our traps shut and let them do thier thing" for a long time now. They definitely know the fatal runtime errors are there when their CEO cracks jokes about them. It might be funny to them, but it isn't fucking funny to me when I'm dropping shit that I'm paying for with my hard-earned credits because they can't get a handle on their code after three fucking years.

Why would we stop bugging them, when they obviously aren't motivated in the least to fix them? When's the last set of patch notes in NC1 OR NC2 that you've seen a fix for a fatal runtime error that a decent amount of people could relate to (such as fataling upon entering hack screen, running through Plaza 1, zoning)?

It's bullshit, and it should have been fixed a LONG time ago.

/end rant

whifix
19-10-04, 04:56
@Spermy > I'm sorry your post has drifted so far away from... um, spider sync spiders :)

@the bee > I'm sorry but your point isn't valid if you keep assuming that Neocron isn't at fault in the scenarios mentioned.

@Spermy > are you talking about spider bots or just sewer level 1 spiders?

Spermy
19-10-04, 12:15
@Spermy > I'm sorry your post has drifted so far away from... um, spider sync spiders :)

@the bee > I'm sorry but your point isn't valid if you keep assuming that Neocron isn't at fault in the scenarios mentioned.

@Spermy > are you talking about spider bots or just sewer level 1 spiders?

A god damned spider - regular level 2/2 spider.

AND WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CLOSE?! 8|

Nippa
19-10-04, 12:21
was it in the sewers . or out in the waste lands cause one big group of them 2/2 spider own :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spermy
19-10-04, 12:27
In teh wastelands - Damn spider ********** me...

All alone by a clump of trees, hidden by the long grass... He took me, and ********** meh...

I feel so used...

MaGn0lia
19-10-04, 12:27
Spermy you need to delete the only spyware you haven't noticed yet.. Windows :D

Btw, would be pimpin to run NC on linux, how about a good export 8) WineX dowsn't run it that good (NC mostly eats my memory, mostly)

Nippa
19-10-04, 13:12
how many trees where in the clump spermy i might know the spot . and was it 2 or 3 or just 1 spider .

cause thats the most dangerous spot in nc for fatals

Sorin
19-10-04, 20:19
Speaking of being analized by spiders, there's this one sewer in PP1 (well in NC1, haven't checked in NC2) that had 2349482574593857435 of those yellow and black spiders in it. There's so many of them that you can hardly walk. And might get own3d on anything but a PPU because there's so many of them :D

Tyr
19-10-04, 20:33
Closed by Threadstarter.