PDA

View Full Version : Neocron 2, Lack of balance?

QuickFix
17-10-04, 12:06
I decided to go pro city as i thought i would have far more enemies to fight after the people have completed epics and so on. I was right.

However the lack of balance between Pro and Anti NC is astounding.

the lack of leveling spots for any Pro NC solo character is annoying to say the least.

you have to go at least 6 zones north around TH to find any level 3 mobs that drop tech parts and or decent loot. The Swamp caves are pointless unless you have a ppu or spec loads of poison, the point red cave thingy is impossible without a ppu due to the mobs doing 250 force dmg per shot O_o the chaos caves are not viable as every anti city player is there.

so what are you left with?

hunting in the zones around TH all of which are non safezones, meaning you get ganked while hacking a warbot and drop a belt.

There needs to be some sort of chaos cave available to Pro NC.

As anti NC you have the chaos caves, all fire mob zones, most of the tunnel entrances are in northern zones, a hell of alot of the deccent warbot zones. and you can hunt on doy bots.

maybe im just being lazy, its just annoying to have to run 7-8 zones to find a spot to level/get money only to be ganked while hacking

QuantumDelta
17-10-04, 12:16
www.stopwhine.com

--
SERIOUSLY, what ever would you have done....I dunno....before NC2....when people weren't in DoY and supposedly have this stuff on their doorstep...?

DoY Noobies that are looking to leave the city early on are faced with what?

Once you've run somewhere once, you wont need to do it again because of genreps, so distance isn't really an issue.

Caving teams:
I've seen PLENTY of PP/BT/CA cave teams since I been playing.

MB:
Your turf, Warbits.

H Zones, more or less abandoned, some decent hunting there, there are zones as popular for mobs as Gaba, but less well known.

Darkener
17-10-04, 12:27
The Canyons are the mother of all zones to level, the gravis caves are easy once you stay in the water a dodge a little bit the poison wont get you ,a little bit north of tezla g13/14 i aint sure there are some good firemob spawns off the beaten track no on goes near em, warbot territory is all around MB, el farid depending on how big the gank squad you bring to clear it out before you can level there. Also if you could solo them tunnels you must have some super con setup that you have to give me.

QuantumDelta
17-10-04, 12:41
The Canyons are the mother of all zones to level, the gravis caves are easy once you stay in the water a dodge a little bit the poison wont get you ,a little bit north of tezla g13/14 i aint sure there are some good firemob spawns off the beaten track no on goes near em, warbot territory is all around MB, el farid depending on how big the gank squad you bring to clear it out before you can level there. Also if you could solo them tunnels you must have some super con setup that you have to give me.
Pure POR / FOR / PRC / HLT / ATL / AGL / Weapon Stat setups.. with a heal = easy cavin ..because even if you slip up and they hit you ...doesn't hurt as much as usual..
but as to the use of doing it with loms like they are ...I dunno :p

MrChumble
17-10-04, 12:45
Caving teams:
I've seen PLENTY of PP/BT/CA cave teams since I been playing.

Where exactly? I can't think of a single decent leveling spot (solo or team) on Terra that anti-city doesn't have a strangle hold on.

QuantumDelta
17-10-04, 12:49
Where exactly? I can't think of a single decent leveling spot (solo or team) on Terra that anti-city doesn't have a strangle hold on.
That's weak dude, if the problem really is as bad as you think it is, take your clan to a big leveling spot, like CRP, clear them out, then take up the two nearby chaos caves.

The PP/BT Teams I've seen were in Chaos Caves.
The CA Teams I've seen (admittedly, these teams are the better teams, with higher quality players in... ahem sigma ya bastage...) in swamp caves.

Anyone accept maybe APUs and Melee Tanks can level anywhere in neocron2 no matter what faction they are.
They just need their brains about them when they do it.
This ain't FFXI or iRO.

As for TT(SS) ...What are you guys up to....? I never see you ...

MrChumble
17-10-04, 12:56
That's weak dude, if the problem really is as bad as you think it is, take your clan to a big leveling spot, like CRP, clear them out, then take up the two nearby chaos caves.
Ok now try putting the horse before the cart. In order to get into a clan I (and others) need to level our characters, and get money to get into the right factions.

I don't mind there being risk to hunting, but right now it's not a risk that you'll be attacked when you go to one of the decent leveling places, it's a certainty. Also I dislike the strong bias towards DoY. And it really is a strong bias. Right outside their door they have doy bots, warbots, caves, tunnels, graves, fire mobs etc.

What to NCers get? Some old HQs with layouts that making hunting nearly impossible, with mobs that drop no loot worth having and cost more in psi boosters than you get for killing them...

Bias isn't a strong enough word, it's completely one sided :(

QuantumDelta
17-10-04, 13:07
Ok now try putting the horse before the cart. In order to get into a clan I (and others) need to level our characters, and get money to get into the right factions.

I don't mind there being risk to hunting, but right now it's not a risk that you'll be attacked when you go to one of the decent leveling places, it's a certainty. Also I dislike the strong bias towards DoY. And it really is a strong bias. Right outside their door they have doy bots, warbots, caves, tunnels, graves, fire mobs etc.

What to NCers get? Some old HQs with layouts that making hunting nearly impossible, with mobs that drop no loot worth having and cost more in psi boosters than you get for killing them...

Bias isn't a strong enough word, it's completely one sided :(
More Whine.

make friends with those already in a clan, ask them for help.

bias my ass.
DOY run the same risks.
I wasn't doing the whole red = dead thing when I started with NC2, but you know what? those little [lovely] pro-city [runners] mainly the saturn players admittedly.... just don't care, they engage, so, they end up flat on their ass.

Over time I realised 90% ish of them were doing this, unless they felt they didn't have a chance, so I can't really be bothered with the whiney [people].

There's no NPCs aren't chaos caves.
There's no NPCs around TG Canyon.
There's friendly NPCs near MB.
There's no NPCs near swamp caves.
There's no NPCs near MC5 (cept the mc5 guards).
There's no NPCs near Gaya.

These pieces of turf are NEUTRAL.
Chaos Caves in CRP are of pretty much the same distance from DoY to NC.
Swamp Caves are closer to NC.
MB is the same distance
MC5 and Gaya (bar the one next to CRP) is closer to DoY, but still, all of these places are "GR to or walk for a while."
TG Canyon is closer to NC in terms of actual walk time.

I don't get what you're on about other than maybe "I'm weak."
Act your Avatar.
You wouldn't see Elrik saying things like that.

[try harder].

Blacksword
17-10-04, 13:10
[QUOTE=QuantumDelta
Once you've run somewhere once, you wont need to do it again because of genreps, so distance isn't really an issue.
QUOTE]

actually i find half of the grs are locked out by whatever clans are holding them

QuantumDelta
17-10-04, 13:15
Ever tried DMing and asking the clan?

A lot of the time unless you're in a clan which regularly / semi-regularly op fights them, they'll open it.

Sometimes clans even opened it for long time 'enemies' on uranus so long as there was a legit reason.

MrChumble
17-10-04, 13:30
Ever tried DMing and asking the clan?

A lot of the time unless you're in a clan which regularly / semi-regularly op fights them, they'll open it....and GR in and gank you. Yeah great plan :rolleyes:

Well I'm glad everything is fine for you. Unfortunately everything is not fine for everyone else, no matter how many times you trot out your childish 'stopwhine'.

Thankfully it's not you who has to decide on these issues, so with a bit of luck KK will take a look at it and maybe introduce a chaos cave style area in or near NC.

I don't get what you're on about other than maybe "I'm weak."
Act your Avatar.
You wouldn't see Elrik saying things like that.
And you wouldn't see Kenshin lambasting people for being 'weak' without knowing anything about them. Guess what, I'm not Elric! He's fictional! Baka.

QuantumDelta
17-10-04, 13:39
...and GR in and gank you. Yeah great plan :rolleyes:

Well I'm glad everything is fine for you. Unfortunately everything is not fine for everyone else, no matter how many times you trot our childish 'stopwhine'.

Thankfully it's not you who has to decide on these issues, so with a bit of luck KK will take a look at it and maybe introduce a chaos cave style area in or near NC.
Well you're just fulla sunshine aren't you?

--
Lets see;

Closer to DoY-

MC5
Graves
Worm Tunnels
Fire Mob Leveling Grounds
Most DoY Tunnels
Some WoC Zones
Decayed/Horrors/Warbots

Closer to Neocron-

TG
TG Chaos Caves
Swamp Caves
Hoverbots/bombers
BatQueen
Regents Legacy (Does it still have those muties? when I last checked it didn't..)
Some WoC Zones

Neutral/Merc-

Warbots
More Northern Swamp Caves
Gabanium
CRP Chaos Caves and the Cave nearby
CRP Fire Mobs
Horrors/Decayeds/Warbots
Some DoY Tunnels
Some WoC Zones

I really, honestly, can't see your problem.
Unless you think Neocron's turf claim is like. ... Grasslands only.
While DoY's is like...Steppe... Desert....Canyons....Wastelands...... Mountains......? Swamp maybe too.......?

Depends on what part of his life you're talking about.

Note his state, in that picture.
I never claimed to be upstanding and wonderful.
I just stick to the damned truth.

Edited;
Forgot Decayeds/horrors/warbots in DoYish zones.

MrChumble
17-10-04, 13:46
Well you're just fulla sunshine aren't you?No.

I just stick to the damned truth.The nonsense you're spouting would only be truth if the servers had 0 population. You seem to omit some fairly important details, like pro-doy being the significantly stronger faction, pro-doy holding well over half the map, pro-doy having great hunting areas within two zone of their front door, neocroners having to travel half the map through DoY held territory just to get to mediocre leveling places, and if MB is suddenly a nice safe neutral area I'm bugs bunny.

Kenshin's ideals never changed, just his methods. At no part in his (did I mention fictional?) life did he victimise the weak.

QuantumDelta
17-10-04, 13:52
Hense why most of my chars go by another set of names.
Only my PPU bares his name :p

--

Again;
If these places are not as safe as they should be, the onos is on you to get organised and pumped to secure it.

Afterall, this fictional 'stranglehold' doy seem to have over .....everything, is only because they're more organised, when they visit places like this, they do it in groups.
As you should do.

No matter what, even if it was on NCs doorstep, DoY would still visit the best leveling spot in the game, regularly, and, if you didn't enforce your presence there, you would be killed if trouble started.
What do you want....stormbots all the way in and out of the cave for them to para spam DoY and let you kill them easily...?
Seriously, you seem to think I'm making these posts joking around o_O

QuickFix
17-10-04, 13:52
i am amazed that someone who has played the game aslong as you has so little knowledge on the outcome of the majority of peoples actions.

with you being from uranus you clearly never had the "red=dead" issues with factions, and as the clans that hold the caving areas are NOT from uranus they do not abide to the carebear uranus style of play.

just in the last 5 minutes i went the canyon area's and was imeddiately attacked, so i went elsewhere, where i was attacked.

@ DarkH i do not wish to change my setups, i am fully capped on all my chars, i just need money.

so i will not start to lom away my hard earned skills just to get money.

QuantumDelta
17-10-04, 13:54
just in the last 5 minutes i went the canyon area's and was imeddiately attacked, so i went elsewhere, where i was attacked.

I see a problem.

Please not the bold and underlined text.
I realise it's hard to notice on a single letter word -_-;;

...."i"
"i"
"i"
What did I keep saying to chumble?

Go in groups if you want to go to popular grounds....

QuickFix
17-10-04, 13:56
I see a problem.

which is?

QuickFix
17-10-04, 14:01
Well you're just fulla sunshine aren't you?

--
Lets see;

Closer to DoY-

MC5
Graves
Worm Tunnels
Fire Mob Leveling Grounds
Most DoY Tunnels
Some WoC Zones
Decayed/Horrors/Warbots

Closer to Neocron-

TG Controlled by Pro Doy
TG Chaos Caves Controlled by Pro Doy
Swamp Caves im not speccing poison, and i shouldnt have to
Hoverbots/bombers ever tried hunting these? they are a ball ache to hack, they frequently are out of reach
BatQueen im not speccing poison, and i shouldnt have to
Regents Legacy (Does it still have those muties? when I last checked it didn't..) nothing there last i went
Some WoC Zones specify please

Neutral/Merc-

Warbots because MB is safe.............ya
More Northern Swamp Caves
Gabanium controlled by Pro doy
CRP Chaos Caves and the Cave nearby controlled by Pro doy
CRP Fire Mobs controlled by Pro doy
Horrors/Decayeds/Warbots controlled by Pro doy
Some DoY Tunnels controlled by Pro doy
Some WoC Zones controlled by Pro doy

I really, honestly, can't see your problem.
Unless you think Neocron's turf claim is like. ... Grasslands only.
While DoY's is like...Steppe... Desert....Canyons....Wastelands...... Mountains......? Swamp maybe too.......?

Depends on what part of his life you're talking about.

Note his state, in that picture.
I never claimed to be upstanding and wonderful.
I just stick to the damned truth.

Edited;
Forgot Decayeds/horrors/warbots in DoYish zones.

check above ive even coloured it in for ya

QuickFix
17-10-04, 14:02
I see a problem.

Please not the bold and underlined text.
I realise it's hard to notice on a single letter word -_-;;

...."i"
"i"
"i"
What did I keep saying to chumble?

Go in groups if you want to go to popular grounds....

if you had even bothered to read my original post, i said SOLO

I realise its hard to read someone original post -_-;;

QuantumDelta
17-10-04, 14:08
if you had even bothered to read my original post, i said SOLO

I realise its hard to read someone original post -_-;;
If you're talking about solo;

FYI I've always soloed, pretty much, so I do know where you're coming from, I just tend to hunt in the more...exotic zones, good leveling, no one around, no nuisence over xp money or loot, and easy for a pe to get techies.
There's plenty of zones like it, because I've done this whilst in a war where the loser was going to be thrown off the server pretty much, at the time, on the losing side, losing by far.
Not to mention being the rank 15 of the clan I was the main target.
I still hunted just fine. (Crahn vs FA, and then BD vs FA)
Like I said, same applies to DoY People.

--

I see there's a whole mentality thing going on here...
Those places that are supposedly controlled by those sides ....it's not like KK have set the game out that way, it's dynamic....changable...get forces together....change it.
Simple as;
Like I said;
DoY is more organised at this point in time.
If the proper pro-city clans got organised to do something, it'd get done.

MrChumble
17-10-04, 14:11
Afterall, this fictional 'stranglehold' doy seem to have over .....everything, is only because they're more organised, when they visit places like this, they do it in groups.Ever heard the expression "downward spiral"?

DoY initially attracted the stronger clans and players who wanted to PvP. Neocron attracted the noobs (go stand in Plaza1, it's 90% LEs under rank 30, the rest are traders).

Therefore DoY got a strong grip on the map right from the start, got all the ops near the good leveling areas, attracted more players and grew stronger, which attracts more players so they grow stronger still.

The exact same thing happened on Pluto and Saturn many times, but it's much worse. DoY will continue to get stronger if it's much easier to level as a DoY player, DoY have stronger clans etc.

Why would anyone want to be in Neocron right now when DoY hold all the cards and the map is biased in their favour? If you honestly think it's all fair and balanced then you've either not logged on for ages or can't count. DoY hold most of the map, all the key OPs and have bigger and stronger clans. Unless KK do something the balance of power will keep shifting in their favour until we end up at square one again; one huge superpower on each server with no one to fight.

-Demon-
17-10-04, 14:13
Swamp caves are easy...even on a spy with zero yes zero poison just use a poisen belt, and maybe sum drugs if you really struggling
I solo'd the whole cave there on my spy with a rog no problems, even took out the shaman a few times its all about tactics and drawing the mobs out.

There are lvling spots if you find differculty or slow in getting to them then spec 25 into vhc and drive a hovertec easy.

At the end of the day the zones close to a major city are going to be clear for the very reason there's a city there. You have neutral grs, ok they can be camped but not all the time or use TH nice and central to everywhere.

Not alot you can do about getting killed while hacking...just scout around the zone first see if it's busy...you don't mention your class so I can't really give you tips that apply to you directly.

QuickFix
17-10-04, 14:16
If you're talking about solo;

FYI I've always soloed, pretty much, so I do know where you're coming from, I just tend to hunt in the more...exotic zones, good leveling, no one around, no nuisence over xp money or loot, and easy for a pe to get techies.
There's plenty of zones like it, because I've done this whilst in a war where the loser was going to be thrown off the server pretty much, at the time, on the losing side, losing by far.
Not to mention being the rank 15 of the clan I was the main target.
I still hunted just fine. (Crahn vs FA, and then BD vs FA)
Like I said, same applies to DoY People.

--

I see there's a whole mentality thing going on here...
Those places that are supposedly controlled by those sides ....it's not like KK have set the game out that way, it's dynamic....changable...get forces together....change it.
Simple as;
Like I said;
DoY is more organised at this point in time.
If the proper pro-city clans got organised to do something, it'd get done.

im not a PE, and i cant be arsed to argue anymore.

especially with you, its like banging my head against a wall.

i wish i could find that sig that decribed your so perfectly, something about pedantic and child......... hmm where is it.

edit

@ demon, i wasnt asking for tips, ive been playing this game long enough to know what to do.

the point was balance, and as someone who was always on the "bad guys" side and now im on the "good guys" side i can see the complete lack of balance.

its so much easier as DOY, Mr chumble has hit the nail on the head.

im off now

QuantumDelta
17-10-04, 14:18
im not a PE, and i cant be arsed to argue anymore.

especially with you, its like banging my head against a wall.

i wish i could find that sig that decribed your so perfectly, something about pedantic and child......... hmm where is it.
Well what the hell class ARE you then?

...And if you say APU and talking about soloing imma just explode.

QuickFix
17-10-04, 14:21

i am APU, and melee and hc tanks. and rifle/pistol spies and ppu.

but only 1 at once.

i like to solo

+ as an apu in nc1 i only ever solo'd any cave, and mob any where, the difference was my clan controlled the op's so it was easy.

now its not

i really must stop replying

XaNToR
17-10-04, 14:26

bla qd... wrong facts.... most level spots are owned by pro doy.. _FACT_

even if u try to take them... u can see what happens, whole dome is rolling over 1 nc clan.... it has always been like that that pro doy is owning all levelspots.. on uranus saturn jupiter etc.. and u know that.

i totally agree with the thread starter. that there also have to be equal level dungeons near nc as they are given on doy's side

wake up man...

QuantumDelta
17-10-04, 14:27
i am APU, and melee and hc tanks. and rifle/pistol spies and ppu.

but only 1 at once.

i like to solo

+ as an apu in nc1 i only ever solo'd any cave, and mob any where, the difference was my clan controlled the op's so it was easy.

now its not

i really must stop replying
Right...

The Spies can more or less get on in the decayed/horrors zones, just don't use an op zone, but stay near to op zones if you feel you're needing to zone back, so as to avoid dropping a belt.

The APU would be better off in warbot territory these days, there you can just avoid weapons fire with hills as always and not need to worry too much (btw, beam spells, especially poison beam and holy lightning, attract a lot of attention to APUs in zones so if you wanna use some other spell it might help a little towards going unnoticed).

Tanks ....hmm, I always hated leveling as a tank..the only place they're /really/ effective is against fire mobs, which is admittedly, more difficult than anywhere else because they're so popular.

I would suggest zones like the one between CRP and Gaya, the one between CRP and the fortress in the mountainous zone.

Zones like that, that people don't frequent, suprising spawns of terrors there, some grims, don't see many doomies though.

Oh and I missed places like point red for NC Leveling areas.

bla qd... wrong facts.... most level spots are owned by pro doy.. _FACT_

even if u try to take them... u can see what happens, whole dome is rolling over 1 nc clan.... it has always been like that that pro doy is owning all levelspots.. on uranus saturn jupiter etc.. and u know that.

i totally agree with the thread starter. that there also have to be equal level dungeons near nc as they are given on doy's side

wake up man...

I count alliance wars as a different problem :p

the only count I can offer is a similar alliance :|
Of course your current clan would be the mainstay of any Pro-City Alliance :/

Sigma
17-10-04, 14:29
[...]The CA Teams I've seen (admittedly, these teams are the better teams, with higher quality players in... ahem sigma ya bastage...) in swamp caves.[...]

:<

On Topic, it's not that hard to level alone, easiest way, imo, is to get some money for an app in TG and then lvl there, it's perfect.

You can deposit you loot in your app and if someone is trying to raid the canyon, you just go to your app and way it off.

Edit: Back in NC1 I lvled my KamiAPU in the sherman bay storage, was quite nice XP, noone there and easy if you were careful.

Glok
17-10-04, 14:34
On Topic, it's not that hard to level alone, easiest way, imo, is to get some money for an app in TG and then lvl there, it's perfect.

You can deposit you loot in your app and if someone is trying to raid the canyon, you just go to your app and way it off.I beta I went to the canyon and was like oh man this is awesome! Now the fucking place is camped. :(

QuickFix
17-10-04, 14:35
:<

You can deposit you loot in your app and if someone is trying to raid the canyon, you just go to your app and way it off.

Edit: Back in NC1 I lvled my KamiAPU in the sherman bay storage, was quite nice XP, noone there and easy if you were careful.

TG asin the canyon?

u can still buy apts their?

Sorin
17-10-04, 14:37
TG asin the canyon?

Yup, and set them as primary too since the last patch. :)

QuantumDelta
17-10-04, 14:37
TG asin the canyon?

Yes, approx. 105k on an INT 66 char :)

MkVenner
17-10-04, 15:17
dude, the Juggernaught tunnels in i09 is DESERTED, ive been there every night with a few other skulls, and we saw one crahn hybrid and one CA spy, and since the last patch all the rooms are full of 80/80 Juggers that my PE can solo a room of, just dont go near the 127/127, they kill my 545 HP, fully s/d and haz 3'd tank in 2 blue bursts, and the multi lauchers are insane lol

but u gotta hack the door :p

Jesterthegreat
17-10-04, 16:14
The Swamp caves are pointless unless you have a ppu or spec loads of poison

swamp caves are great.

tank: 50 resist poison, VK armour.
spy: heavy poison belt (or med + resists etc)
PE: med poison belt, VK, and/or resist
psi: see spy

great xp, rarely used by DoY, not har to live in at all.

my 0poison resist armour leveled there in VK with no antidote drugs.

Carinth
17-10-04, 16:58
It's a give and take, somethings are easier for DOY while others are tougher.

Maybe you didn't know but nearly all the DOY epics require us to repeatedly visit NC. Hell the very first Tsunami missions is to take a trip down to NC, nice rank 10 easy mission isn't it?

Then we come to shops/resource availability. Almost every zone in Neocron has what you need. The only exception are drugs and psi spells. While we do have the same resources available in DOY, you hafta spend 5-10 minutes running around to find it. For me to run from Tsunami HQ to Crahn HQ covers 5 zones each of which are at least twice as big as a Neocron zone and easily more convoluted. To make a similar run in Neocron you'd hafta include most of Outzone. Something like Oz 2 to Viarossa. That's the run I do every day to buy spells. And you even have a subway, because god forbid you run from pepper to viarossa : )

Then as QD said, you see solidarity in DOY, but we see enemies around every corner. A neutral faction is just as likely to gank us as work with us. Those same GR's you were complainiang about being locked.. are locked for us too. I can't use most of the map cause everyone sets the gr's to faction only.

Oh I almost forgot, how about apartments? Do you have idea how crappy DOY apts are? Buy an Oz apt and you might have some idea. We've got a huge crack in our floor and are infested with rats. Clant apts are a little better, but still rundown. I miss my plaza apt : p

Lastly, I don't know if you were around yesterday but SS (Tangent Clan) took over the map and defeated all the DOY clans consisstantly. It wasn't until later that we could take the ops back, when we finnaly got our people online.

trigger hurt
17-10-04, 17:08
No.

The nonsense you're spouting would only be truth if the servers had 0 population. You seem to omit some fairly important details, like pro-doy being the significantly stronger faction, pro-doy holding well over half the map, pro-doy having great hunting areas within two zone of their front door, neocroners having to travel half the map through DoY held territory just to get to mediocre leveling places, and if MB is suddenly a nice safe neutral area I'm bugs bunny.

Kenshin's ideals never changed, just his methods. At no part in his (did I mention fictional?) life did he victimise the weak.
Chumble,

You are arguing with a guy who thinks setting up a good pe setup is difficult and spent the majority of his time in NC1 tweaking that setup just right instead of playing the game. The guy is so detached from the game, that it's silly that his opinion is even considered more than laughable.

Just walk away.

Hell, I play all times of the day different days of the week. And the only time I have seen him is when he is hiding deep behind the DoY buffer. And even then, it's only after I kill a couple of his clan mates and he comes looking for revengs. So he has no idea what you are talking about when you say pro-nc factions have to run halfway, sometimes all the way, across the map to get to a decent leveling area just to find it populated with the likes of FF, FaNG, Credenetes, DarK, Desperados, Exiles just to name a few.

I doubt he's even had to fight to level there and has no idea what happens when you "clear out" the cave to level. You don't bring a clan to level, you bring a clan to op fight. And the second the fight is over and you have the op, you start leveling? Hell no.

Face it QD. Your clan took the easy way out. You joined the strong side and you have the easy life. Good on ya.

Birkoff
17-10-04, 17:31
Setting up a PE is damn hard if you wonna get it perfect..... Its harder than most classes...

And there are so many leveling spots near NC i don't see how u have the nerve to say oter wise.

I've lvled a city spy to 90 int and 88 dex and I've only been PKed once or twice. Which is expected what ever faction you are, people like killing people that have no chance its human..... no saturn nature.]

http://shatteredsun.com/NC/Stop.jpeg

Ryman
17-10-04, 17:49
on the whole subject ......i think Quickfixes opinion that there are not PRO NC leveling spots for Solo runners is correct , I play pro NC and have the same problem ...

Sure i can go all the way north and hunt WB or right up to Doy and hunt firemobs . But Doy to have hold of all the ops up there and everytime ive been there has been too many DOY so i cant hunt there .

As for QD , i wont say what i think of you.... you should know better the amout of time you been playing .

There should be a few zone`s with good hunting around NC , i mean theres plenty of empty zones there .

giga191
17-10-04, 18:37
If theres more DoY runners than NC player surely DoY would need more leveling places aswell. If there are people already levelingin a place you can DM them from a distance and ask them if they want to team. Otherwise you can kill them (I nearly killed 6 CA runners 10 mins ago with just me and my APU pal but then I died because of the bug where your in someone elses body and that person happened to die :mad: :mad: )

KRIMINAL99
17-10-04, 20:10
The biggest issue for leveling is finding a team. For some reason everyone has always gone to chaos caves and so you could always find a team there. I think its the layout of the dungeon. When TG was in the canyon people were always at the one outside tg and there was usually CA people dominating CRP.

Its true with a proper team you could do just about any dungeon in the game. Only thing is truth be told people don't usually decide to form a team and go to CRP. Its just everyone likes to level there so people show up there.

First of all if the game gets really crowded its possible every dungeon is going to fill up. That being said maybe CRP is so popular for its layout and mobs. Lets do a comparison:

Btw choke point means a point where mobs cant cross easily so if you go before it you can hide and heal without leaving dungeon, whereas cover just means you can hide while still close to the mobs. Volume means how many mobs are there. Density means how close together the mobs are. No choke points and no cover pretty much makes a dungeon impossible due to the high damage they do (without heavy ppu support of course)

Chaos Caves:
PROS: Mobs not very manuverable, multiple choke points, probably most cover of any dungeon, no flying ranged attack mobs, high volume, high density, high level All direct damage mobs except for queen (so you know exactly when you need to duck out) and only one hit per attack so no 1 hit kills.
CONS: None really, some flying mobs that can get around cover and choke points easily but they are melee only oO

Crystal Caves:
PROS: at a loss...
CONS: All flying ranged DOT attack mobs, not that much cover and certainly none the mobs cant get to quickly. tiny high level mobs that are really annoying.

Gaia Mine:
PROS: A few (convieniently placed) very effective cover spots but that only benefit one person
CONS: Mobs are grounded but very manuverable, not much effective cover, loot needs to be hacked, not high volume or density but many would be hard to handle anyway, mobs can hit you multiple times per attack (seems like 3 times the damage of chaos mobs because of this)

Ceres storage dungeons:
PROS:Slowfire ranged attacks, Mobs easily outsmarted on a one to one basis, fairly effective choke points
CONS: multiple mobs are a pain to fight, mobs rarely travel between large rooms so you can hide and heal, very low volume AND density of mobs (plus you would't want more)

Swamp Caves:
PROS: mulitple choke points slowfire attacks (except for shaman)
CONS: No cover (so manuverability of mobs is irrelevant), DOT attacks (although you can kill them with antidote in a bind), medium volume of mobs but pretty low density.

Worm Tunnels:
PROS: Mobs do direct fire damage (but alot and shoot frequently)
CONS: For parts of the dungeon there is no cover AND no Choke points AND the mobs fly and are very manuverable. Your pretty much a fish in a barrel.

Grave:
PROS: High volume, high density mobs (high level as well), some effective cover (but only in specific spots not in whole dungeon)
CONS:DOT, No choke points

MC5: (Not really a leveling area so irrelevant)
New ones: (Havent been there whats jug facility like?)
El Farid: (To be honest this one was always locked on my server so I never been)

Crahn Church:
PROS: High volume, High density, high level
CONS: No decent cover, mobs are really manueverable so not really any choke points, DOT

Canyon:
PROS: High volume and density (but not really high level)
CON: No choke points, limited cover, some flying mobs that can get anywhere and do different damage then the rest, most of the cover requires zoning.

Also there are a few places that people might meet up randomly to hunt mobs outside. However none of these really include high density mobs (theres unlimited volume of course just depending on how far you want to run)

DOY TUNNELS: (Tunnels = bad)
PROS: direct damage high level mobs..
CONS: AOE mobs in tight space, no cover or choke points that I have seen (could be wrong havent gotten far), volume and density medium (mostly due to really tight space)

If you look at these you begin to see that Chaos caves completely OWNS every other dungeon. Because of all the cover only a few peopel can start fighting there and last until more randomly show up (one person can even survive here if they know what they are doing.

A couple of the other dungeons are at least somewhat viable but they don't really provide anywhere near as much xp as an apu barreling like 5 or 6 tightly grouped 60-100 rank mobs in the caves. (graves is probably next in line but its much more easier to get swamped there)

I agree with QD that DOY doesn't really have any natural advantage in dominating CRP, but I can also see how its just so good that city people would want to keep trying to go there risking death then try to go level somewhere else. Perhaps the city people should just designate one of the other chaos caves as their place to level until you are strong enough to fight over CRP.

I think KK should adjust the mobs attack power in the other dungeons to reflect their layouts, and keep the amount of xp that can be gained from a dungeon in mind. Right now any mob can kill you in pretty much a few hits (without PPU buffs) so all that really matters is what the dungeon lay out is like. About xp in the dugeons with mobs like the Ceres storage RL mutants, perhaps the best way to make them viable is make their rank like 200 or something so they give much more xp even though there aren't many of them. I can't see how having 20 of those freaks running around would work very well.

trigger hurt
17-10-04, 20:33
Setting up a PE is damn hard if you wonna get it perfect..... Its harder than most classes...

And there are so many leveling spots near NC i don't see how u have the nerve to say oter wise.

I've lvled a city spy to 90 int and 88 dex and I've only been PKed once or twice. Which is expected what ever faction you are, people like killing people that have no chance its human..... no saturn nature.]

I'm le'd for the time it will take me to level up to where I can fight decently enough. I could care less about who gets shot. Point is, these leveling areas have consistently been held by anti-nc factions. And that, in itself is fine...the did what ever they had to do to secure the op, but the fact that these areas are locked off to pro-nc factions is not fine. Sure, they could go there, take the op and start leveling. But a few minutes later, a larger force will be there to remove them with force.

Now should it be that pro-nc and pro-doy factions should have their own spots? No, where would the excitment be in that? But, there should be options. Have you ever been through some of the less popular zones? Man, some of those places would be awesome for leveling areas. Instead, we are forced to use the same old areas.

And making a good pe setup is not difficult at all.

Killfly
17-10-04, 23:38
Having GRs locked is a pain where you're a solo player...

It's all well and good advising a DM to the controlling clan, but that depends on finding out who that is, and most of the time you won't even get a reply.

Being a solo player who's not particularly interested in joining a clan and taking ops has its associated difficulties - that's one of the reasons that people join clans. Us solo players make a choice and have to modify our strategy accordingly.

LiL T
18-10-04, 00:12
True Doy runners have some things close to them but PRO city should get a grip and take over the canyon make it your lvling place and guard it. Its an a very good place to lvl take over grant mine and you have Fire mobs all over the zone for tech hunting

Jesterthegreat
18-10-04, 01:03
Face it QD. Your clan took the easy way out. You joined the strong side and you have the easy life. Good on ya.

im not ssx... i was once ssc but i left before ssx came about. i in no way represent ssc or ssx...

ssc (or ssx) have been FA for as long as i remember. they are and old established clan, people may dislike them, but they didnt just "join the strong side".

and btw i have recently changed my main to pro city, and will be moving my others when i can for the very reason of balance. anti city not only seems o be winning, but it seems to have all the ego's of NC1.

Asurmen Spec Op
18-10-04, 06:39
I must say the whining is pointless
I mean fuck me and my pal(im a PE hes a tank, plasma cannon and fusion cannon) and we went to TG and killed stuff and I got a app. Not everyone is a asshole and the one that did try to kill me died
sorry enough but hes right bring a pal. my pal is a rl friend. Still you solo people, I fight 90% of the time solo. I06 is acually pretty safe(tronic parts for 1k with 50barter=weeee) and then print all the names of zones(a-j 1-whatever) and cross of anywhere with popular lvling spots. Then just look around in the zones. Ive found some bad ass places, and f08 killing WBs I havent seen any anti city.

Oh ya and FYI im CA, all ,my alts are CA. Quit whining guys improvise , its why the human race is uber

deac
18-10-04, 09:59
Im sure you ca ppl can lvl at the old tg canyon cave.... All ff ops are open to friends and we used to keep em open to all....

untill we got attacked and when we gred in we had hostiles in the ug... soo we had to close of our ops...

Atm we let 2-3 cm guys lvl at crp....they are lowbies and just want the xp.... aslong as they dont help or rezz reds that come there to pk we let em team with us.

We used to let a cm clan lvl there but some of their members started to gank us..... and the other doy clans got a bit pissed....

As always feel free to dm us if something is needed.

Capt. Rik
18-10-04, 10:31
Is there a Graves equivalent in Pro-NC territory yet? (maybe put one somewhere in the bottom left corner of the map)

That's the only dungeon I feel is missing for Pro-NC players

Obsidian X
19-10-04, 00:05
Ah this reminds me of a funny story that happened to me a couple of days ago....

My melee tank and my HC buddy (Protopharm) were leveling with one of our clannies Crahn Alts (PPU) at the chaos caves. Anyway we sent our PPU in first and he negotiated with the team (think they were VENOM) that were currently levelling there. Ok no worries, we all teamed together (yes pro and anti-city) and cleared the caves. They then asked us to rezz one of their APUs that had died on the way to the caves outside. Which we did, we rezzed him and buffed them all, then one APU drew out a Fire Apocalypse and one pulled out his HL and ganked us both, then went after our (Crahn) PPU. I actually found the funny side of it, though I'm totally in agreement that theres nowhere realsitic to level as Pro-city, especially with a melee tank.

With all the leet CS kiddies joining DoY factions, there is a massive imbalance of the two factions. And with all the levelling spots being camped and farmed by said leet CS kiddies, my melee tanks going to have a job levelling, therefore hes never going to grow any stronger, therefore hes never going to be able to fight for ground with all the capped DoY bandits that pimp the OPs and hunting grounds. Simple as that.

Alienfreak
19-10-04, 00:22
First:

Closer to DoY-

1. MC5
2. Graves
3. Worm Tunnels
4. Fire Mob Leveling Grounds
5. Most DoY Tunnels
6. Some WoC Zones
7. Decayed/Horrors/Warbots

Closer to Neocron-

1. TG <- TG is 9 Sectors from NC and also 9 from DoY ... so please get it right into Neutral
2. TG Chaos Caves <- There are more Chaos Caves like CRP which are right in the middle.
3. Swamp Caves <- There are also Swamp Caves at MB
4. Hoverbots/bombers <- Yeah. Drops Like an Warbot, does 3x WB damage and almost always crashes into Trees and is unlootable.
5. BatQueen <- One time Cave ... you go in for 30 min and have enough bones for all 4 Your Chars.
6. Regents Legacy (Does it still have those muties? when I last checked it didn't..) <- Regants Legacy is closed and there are no Mobs around
7. Some WoC Zones

Neutral/Merc- <- MB is 12 Sectors from DoY and 16 from NC

1. Warbots
2. More Northern Swamp Caves
3. Gabanium
4. CRP Chaos Caves and the Cave nearby
5. CRP Fire Mobs <- CRP is 7 Sectors from DoY and 9 from NC
6. Horrors/Decayeds/Warbots
7. Some DoY Tunnels
8. Some WoC Zones

Now the Corrected List:

Closer to DoY-

1. MC5
2. Graves
3. Worm Tunnels
5. MANY DoY Tunnels
6. Some WoC Zones

Closer to Neocron-

1. Hoverbots/bombers
2. BatQueen
3. Some WoC Zones

Neutral/Merc-

1. Warbots
3. Gabanium
5. CRP Fire Mobs
7. Some DoY Tunnels
8. Some WoC Zones
9. TG
10. TG Chaos Caves
11. Swamp Caves
12. Some Fire Mobs

Asurmen Spec Op
19-10-04, 00:56
First:

Now the Corrected List:

Closer to DoY-

1. MC5
2. Graves
3. Worm Tunnels
5. MANY DoY Tunnels
6. Some WoC Zones

Closer to Neocron-

1. Hoverbots/bombers
2. BatQueen
3. Some WoC Zones

Neutral/Merc-

1. Warbots
3. Gabanium
5. CRP Fire Mobs
7. Some DoY Tunnels
8. Some WoC Zones
9. TG
10. TG Chaos Caves
11. Swamp Caves
12. Some Fire Mobs

l....o......l
stop going to all of those points
then your lvling is fun but oh wait YOU cant go wander the wasts looking for cool places cuz you gotta be told it
GO EXPLORE YA NOOB
and btw this is at you just you people in general

Jesterthegreat
19-10-04, 02:04
I must say the whining is pointless
I mean fuck me and my pal(im a PE hes a tank, plasma cannon and fusion cannon) and we went to TG and killed stuff and I got a app. Not everyone is a asshole and the one that did try to kill me died
sorry enough but hes right bring a pal. my pal is a rl friend. Still you solo people, I fight 90% of the time solo. I06 is acually pretty safe(tronic parts for 1k with 50barter=weeee) and then print all the names of zones(a-j 1-whatever) and cross of anywhere with popular lvling spots. Then just look around in the zones. Ive found some bad ass places, and f08 killing WBs I havent seen any anti city.

Oh ya and FYI im CA, all ,my alts are CA. Quit whining guys improvise , its why the human race is uber

i must say almost everypost i have seen from you is a flame or a troll (troll: a person who posts messages that create controversy or an angry response).

trigger hurt
19-10-04, 05:23
i must say almost everypost i have seen from you is a flame or a troll (troll: a person who posts messages that create controversy or an angry response).
forget it jester. Asurmen is what is called a hypocrite. In here, on the forums, there is someone he wants to impress. In game, over alliance chat, he's been caught a couple times complaining about being killed in pp3.

he isn't going to get it and he doesnt understand the difference in balance between doy and nc.

Alienfreak
19-10-04, 13:20
l....o......l
stop going to all of those points
then your lvling is fun but oh wait YOU cant go wander the wasts looking for cool places cuz you gotta be told it
GO EXPLORE YA NOOB
and btw this is at you just you people in general

Oh yeah ... your so smart

Since Beta 3 ive only been at those locations, sorry, im such a n00b.

And i dont know how to level a char. And i also dont know cool locations.

Im so sorry ...

solling
19-10-04, 14:03
the TG chaos caves is usually empty cuz no TG lives in the canyons anymore same with ye oll canyon its full of evil bad ass flying mobs and no TGs

also as a side note we did try to let all peops lvl at cycrow in the first week or so and not kill any reds but it did not turn out well as all red kinda attacked us :p to much s....n here i guess :D

ohh yeh had cycrow grep open to all to but again had enemies in the UG almost 24/7 and only way to locking the ug wich we frequent a lot is to close the op to friends so that we did
wish there was another way

u still got desert racetrack or tez( most times open)

try doy tunnels as well they are like everywhere right ?
h14 i think its called a zone near blackhill as good a spawn as gaya full of evil firemobs and all but abandonned i know ive been there

on a side note i really think it would be good to have some uba lvling spots kinda like CC near NC maybee in the deepest reaches of OZ

THE_TICK!!!!
19-10-04, 17:32
[QUOTE=QuickFix]i am amazed that someone who has played the game aslong as you has so little knowledge on the outcome of the majority of peoples actions.

with you being from uranus you clearly never had the "red=dead" issues with factions, and as the clans that hold the caving areas are NOT from uranus they do not abide to the carebear uranus style of play.

QUOTE] come find me when i get back from iraq...im from uranus..and ill show ya how my CAREBEAR style of play will put you on your back continually...damn niblet

Sorin
19-10-04, 19:35
the TG chaos caves is usually empty cuz no TG lives in the canyons anymore

Ack! STFU!! It's going to be camped now! I'm having fun soloing in there on my tank.

:(

QuantumDelta
19-10-04, 19:38
come find me when i get back from iraq...im from uranus..and ill show ya how my CAREBEAR style of play will put you on your back continually...damn niblet

Not even worth the effort mate, I've been musing over the total removal of ignorance of certain people over the last few weeks in NC2, quite funny the amount of people who've been asking me questions "who is this guy, where'd he come from and why is he so damned good?"
"Oh...he's one of the above average Uranus duelers....."
*s******************s.*

whifix
19-10-04, 20:15
Where do the FA level? I have to find one and kill one for my PP epic and went across the whole map trying to find one.

MrChumble
19-10-04, 20:21
Is there an OZ equivalent in DoY? I've been trying to do mission 2 of the NEXT epic (you know the one meant for rank 20) and I've been PKed 4 times, killed by mobs 3 times and am totally lost. I swear to god there is no OZ5 anywhere, KK just made it up to annoy me.

Assuming we wanted to, which I doubt, why can't NCers go to DoY and be annoying GR camping llamas :mad:

LiL T
19-10-04, 20:34
You can have as many pro city as you want but guess what you will never beat us . PRO city whine so much there attiude ingame is totaly different and there disorganised I bet pro city don't even try hard to take op's they give up to easy. Most folks in pro doy love PvP love pking love op waring till there sick in the head from it just my thought I guess the map will remain permently yellow and pink.

haha someone allready commented pro city are disorganised

MrChumble
19-10-04, 20:43
You can have as many pro city as you want but guess what you will never beat us . PRO city whine so much there attiude ingame is totaly different and there disorganised I bet pro city don't even try hard to take op's they give up to easy. Most folks in pro doy love PvP love pking love op waring till there sick in the head from it just my thought I guess the map will remain permently yellow and pink.

haha someone allready commented pro city are disorganised
Of course we're disorganised. We have hundreds of noobs to help, trading to do, have to bend over backwards to level in places half as good as DoY have on their doorstep...

And yes, a lot of NCers do not want to PvP yet, or don't enjoy it as much. I'm not really seeing your point. There's a significant difference between whining and highlighting serious game imbalances.

LiL T
19-10-04, 20:49
Of course we're disorganised. We have hundreds of noobs to help, trading to do, have to bend over backwards to level in places half as good as DoY have on their doorstep...

And yes, a lot of NCers do not want to PvP yet, or don't enjoy it as much. I'm not really seeing your point. There's a significant difference between whining and highlighting serious game imbalances.

Well wtf are we suppose to do if people want to play as doy and that causes imbalance its tough I have been anti city all my time apart from my first character who I deleted 2 years ago. I'm not moving I hate Neocron I hate the fact theres millions of copbots and gaurds and carebears

MrChumble
19-10-04, 20:51
Well wtf are we suppose to do if people want to play as doy and that causes imbalance its tough I have been anti city all my time apart from my first character who I deleted 2 years ago. I'm not moving I hate Neocron I hate the fact theres millions of copbots and gaurds and carebears
Did you actually read any of this thread? Who is asking you to move? Where is there any suggestion that you should move?

LiL T
19-10-04, 20:53
Did you actually read any of this thread? Who is asking you to move? Where is there any suggestion that you should move?

well what are people whining about perhapes they should form some clans and take some of the map from Doy and stop crying about no where to lvl

joran420
19-10-04, 20:54
the only reason CRP is anti city is cause anti city own it...u guys know that right?

MrChumble
19-10-04, 20:58
well what are people whining about perhapes they should form some clans and take some of the map from Doy and stop crying about no where to lvl
Really I'm amazed that you manage to compress so much idiocy into such a small space.

As you've already pointed out DoY is the stronger PvP alliance, and it's likely that it will stay like that. However on top of that you also have DoY with the better leveling areas and greater city safety (and I do love how it's the 'carebears' who live in the more dangerous place). Not only are DoY stronger, they're also positioned to gain strength faster. That's the issue here; the imbalance of power in the game design between DoY and NC.

Carinth
19-10-04, 22:38
You forgot that DOY is like a rabid dog, as likely to bite its owner or itself as an enemy : ) Every DOY epic has us kill fellow DOY npc's or runners. Think about that.. Add onto that past baggage from nc1 and you have a DOY that is as hostile to itself as to Neocron.

Frankly I'm suprised NC is disorganized, it was rarely that way on Pluto. Neocron has everything going for them in terms of solidarity and being able to group together to fend off anti city forces. DOY has much working against it ever working together.

Give it some time, over the course of a month I bet city side clans will pop up. People will get bored being dominant in DOY and move to Nc.

Sorin
19-10-04, 23:17
Give it some time, over the course of a month I bet city side clans will pop up. People will get bored being dominant in DOY and move to Nc.

Yeah. I know some people who were very heavily anti-city in NC1, but now in NC2 they're CA, the heart of Pro-City :lol: Why? Because everybody and their brother and cousin and sister and bitch are in DoY, so going Pro-NC makes for a full PvP/PK menu. Many more legitimate targets than being Pro-DoY

Jesterthegreat
20-10-04, 01:18
i am amazed that someone who has played the game aslong as you has so little knowledge on the outcome of the majority of peoples actions.

talk to the anti NC guys about VENOM... see how carebear we are?

oh btw VENOM are retail.

pluto people complain about being told they are a dieing community... saturn people complain about being told they are all 12 year old CS kiddies... and yet people think its fine to call all Uranus people Carebears.

i'll not gonna go any further since VENOM are in fact merging with PAIN (as a clannie you will see how carebear me and the other VENOM boys are btw).

good day

:edit: @above - yup. VENOM have been Crahn since not long after retail release (NC1), but with all the idiots and ego's in anti city we felt it would be more rewarding to go pro city :D

Asurmen Spec Op
20-10-04, 02:33
hey about the server bashing lets settle
everyone from all of them are 12 year old kidy CS carebear die'n comunities?

its true exept the last part too

Jesterthegreat
20-10-04, 02:42
hey about the server bashing lets settle
everyone from all of them are 12 year old kidy CS carebear die'n comunities?

its true exept the last part too

im 19 years old and i quit playing CS properly when they removed the scope on the colt.

the majority of "CS kiddies" prolly didnt even know the colt ever had a scope.

so how about we agree there are good people on Saturn, Pluto had its share of people (earlier more than later) and Uranus had its skilled players.

look on the Terra map... see the CA spodge? thats uPs. thats uTs (Uranus) and another clan merged.

see some of the crahn splodge? some is credentes. thats RaF (Uranus) and syncz (Uranus) merged.

Uranus has its fair share of good players who are willing to PvP.

Asurmen Spec Op
20-10-04, 02:59
im 19 years old and i quit playing CS properly when they removed the scope on the colt.

the majority of "CS kiddies" prolly didnt even know the colt ever had a scope.

so how about we agree there are good people on Saturn, Pluto had its share of people (earlier more than later) and Uranus had its skilled players.

look on the Terra map... see the CA spodge? thats uPs. thats uTs (Uranus) and another clan merged.

see some of the crahn splodge? some is credentes. thats RaF (Uranus) and syncz (Uranus) merged.

Uranus has its fair share of good players who are willing to PvP.
Im sorry I should have had a ;) in my post
ever server has its share of noobs/carebears/nibs/skilled/whatever

Jesterthegreat
20-10-04, 03:02
when i was NCAT (Uranus) not only was it red=dead... it was sometimes green=dead. there just werent enough reds :rolleyes:

Asurmen Spec Op
20-10-04, 03:07
when i was NCAT (Uranus) not only was it red=dead... it was sometimes green=dead. there just werent enough reds :rolleyes:
green=dead red=dead yellow=dead
drom=dead
still tho mr chumbles dont say uranus is carebear. I played some on it its just a lower pop sat really. Saturn kinda deserves its rep but not all of us are kill all cuz we are ub3r h@x0ring and are > u cuz I got a big epenis
:rolleyes:

Sigma
20-10-04, 03:36
[...]look on the Terra map... see the CA spodge? thats uPs. thats uTs (Uranus) and another clan merged.[...]

That "other" clan is named -pro-

Glok
20-10-04, 04:46
It's actually amazing to see a good number of CA OPs on the map. Pluto and Saturn never saw such a thing. Now get your asses in gear pro city and take Grant and Cycrow. We poor folk need places to level. :/

MrChumble
20-10-04, 09:31
still tho mr chumbles dont say uranus is carebear.
I didn't :confused:

I've always thought the servers were pretty much the same. Pluto attracted a slightly more mature crowd, ie more RPers and such, but I can't really stress slightly enough, it had it's fair share of bitchy little kiddies. Uranus and Saturn seemed identical to me...I'll stop there cos I can't think of much nice to say about either :D

I'm glad Venom are coming over to pro-city. We need all the help we can get frankly. Not sure what KK expected to happen when they take a map designed for one city and plonk another city onto it without really changing anything else. Go go gadget game bias.

Xadhoom
20-10-04, 10:04
It's actually amazing to see a good number of CA OPs on the map. Pluto and Saturn never saw such a thing. Now get your asses in gear pro city and take Grant and Cycrow. We poor folk need places to level. :/

grant and cycrow are FFs primary ops, would be a hard piece of work to hold them over a longer period. Cycrow is NCs most wanted op.

btw, whats wrong with the "poor folk"? The only clan that is actually launching attacks against DoY OPs is uPs. SS is holding ops but they dont attack (or it looks like they arent attacking anyone).

deac
20-10-04, 11:29
grant and cycrow are FFs primary ops, would be a hard piece of work to hold them over a longer period. Cycrow is NCs most wanted op.

yeap we count cycrow as our home... its the one op we care for any any attack on it is a great insult...

Actually dev, tezla and cy... since they are all soo close to each other... grant we like too...

good fight yesterday at regant ups... or I have to admit bad fight from us :\

anyways its a good op to fight at....

when it comes to doy vs city i only see 2 clans that could take an op alone... ups and SS.

ups shouldnt really take more ops than they have atm... same with ss...

Xadhoom
20-10-04, 11:37
ups shouldnt really take more ops than they have atm... same with ss...

cmon, one more op, pls pls .p

good fight yesterday at regant ups... or I have to admit bad fight from us :\

anyways its a good op to fight at....

1) same goes back at you guys, nice fight.

2) word, regant rox. open area, havent fought their in ages :p

btw, lore said something bout a rematch this evening, I hope we got enuff ppl online for this.

deac
20-10-04, 11:55
btw, lore said something bout a rematch this evening, I hope we got enuff ppl online for this.

count on it ;)

you guys started a bit late for us... anyways who said we need to do a 12vs12?

im sure a 5v5 could be ok too

Xadhoom
20-10-04, 11:59
count on it ;)

you guys started a bit late for us... anyways who said we need to do a 12vs12?

im sure a 5v5 could be ok too

dont care as long as the numbers are ok, dont want a 10 vs 5 no matter which clan is outnumbered :D

neuromancer99
20-10-04, 13:47
ummm. uranus = carebear,,,,,,,,,,, wait a minute i dont even think so. r we even talking about the same sever here. dont you realize that uranus is where clans like NCAT, TJ and quite a few others r from. now i admit i didnt get pked much on uranus but that was because i have been around for forever and knew almost everyone. but i played on both uranus and saturn and i have to say that uranus had way more pkers, well i should say good pkers, from what i saw on saturn pkers there picked on noobs mainly and would run from someone there lvl. but not on uranus. i took on a group of 5 raf members out to pk me and drove them off by myself. so dont say that uranus was carebear

Tupac
20-10-04, 13:55
ummm. uranus = carebear,,,,,,,,,,, wait a minute i dont even think so. r we even talking about the same sever here. dont you realize that uranus is where clans like NCAT, TJ and quite a few others r from. now i admit i didnt get pked much on uranus but that was because i have been around for forever and knew almost everyone. but i played on both uranus and saturn and i have to say that uranus had way more pkers, well i should say good pkers, from what i saw on saturn pkers there picked on noobs mainly and would run from someone there lvl. but not on uranus. i took on a group of 5 raf members out to pk me and drove them off by myself. so dont say that uranus was carebear
your a carebear :p

Xadhoom
20-10-04, 13:55
this whole server x > server x bullshit pisses me off. every server has n00bs and pvp gods, hardcore Roleplayers and 100% random pkers. I love comments like "I played 2 mins on [insert server name here] and bashed somebody in the wastes, omg this server sux at pvp !"

Jesterthegreat
20-10-04, 14:55
That "other" clan is named -pro-

ok then

:edit:

about cycrow...

3 or 4 of us VENOM / PAIN decided to raid CRP (actually we were going to rez someone there, but we knew we would have to fight). lots of fighting, it all kinda went a bit odd (a melee tank fighting for the enemy that VENOM knew for years and didnt want to fight, i had no SD and didnt get any heals :p) but it ended up 4 dead VENOM / PAIN, about 8 alive FF :p

so much for fun combat :(

oh and they had at least 2, maybe 3 PPU's... our force was an uncapped PPU based hyb (who still uses PE buffs cos hes waiting on delivery for his new spells), an APU (with a very nearly wrecked HL... not that that actually makes a difference), a PPU (without most lvl 3 buffs due to char transfer) and a pistol spy (who was given a melee 3 and couldnt use his weapon as he needed the tc from pistol 1 :p)

Xadhoom
20-10-04, 16:51
just the same as on pluto, FF always defended cycrow with everything they got.

MrChumble
20-10-04, 17:51
just the same as on pluto, FF always defended cycrow with everything they got.
Not true. They very rarely ninja'd. Not never, but rarely. That's why of all the evil pkzor clans on pluto FF was the only one I had time for. Nice people, good fights, fair play. Can't blame them for zerging with 3x numbers, the game is designed to encourage that. ('course I did blame them at the time, heat of combat and all that :D).

Jesterthegreat
20-10-04, 18:25
fair play. Can't blame them for zerging with 3x numbers

shouldnt be in the same thread on the same topic tbh.

if you consider bringing 3x the numbers as fair then i worry about you.

oh and btw when i was on (2 mins ago) one of them on a pro city alt was bitching about them having 4 people on and bein attacked by 11 people... thats less than 3x the numbers, why would they complain?

Sigma
20-10-04, 18:33
[...]oh and btw when i was on (2 mins ago) one of them on a pro city alt was bitching about them having 4 people on and bein attacked by 11 people... thats less than 3x the numbers, why would they complain?

Funny thing is 5 mins before those 11 people attacked grant, about 11 FF were online...

Jesterthegreat
20-10-04, 18:36
Funny thing is 5 mins before those 11 people attacked grant, about 11 FF were online...

i know cos when i first logged on there were about 11 FF at grant, and 1 PAIN trying to defend himself...

deac
20-10-04, 22:52

well here i talk about fair fights and so on.. and whats the first thing i hear when i log on today?

9-10 ups hacking grant... we had 4 online... then we lost cy... had dead ppl gring in and couldnt really get our shit in order....

we made a stand at tezla and after a long ass fight we won.. then we ran to cycrow... think some other clans fought there... killed a few ups/(pain?) there and moved on to our other ops...

Just say thx to lore ... because if it was up to me ups wouldnt have any ops tomorrow......

really just check our god damn online nummbers if you want to have a clean fight.

ps. while im bitching... is ups the only city clan that noob buffs? how about taking a look at SS on how to fight.

Xadhoom
20-10-04, 23:00
o_O

fact is, u never really know huch many FF are online. sometimes u see 4 - 5 FF online in clan, hack first layer, and 10 FF log in. After u fought us with about 9 - 10 ppl at gravis, we thought the time has come to start the op fighting (u told us u want to fight today, but yesterday it was too late ..). We moved from gravis with 8 ppl to grant and hacked it .. no resistance. We moved to catlock bay, wasted like 10 - 12 DoY ppl and attacked cycrow. Some of us had to log and a 6 ppl team left in the op. We got attacked then by an army consisting of credentes, fang, desperados, FF and r2k, about 20 - 30 ppl. We wasted like 10 - 15 ppl and the surviving uPs gred out.

we moved back to grant, defeated desperados and crendetes there, moved to cycrow, rehacked it, killed everyone in zone, moved to tezla, defeated some desperados, several credentes and FF, and then this tezla fight against desperados and FF started. we werent able to hack the op, and u knew how to use the UG. we lost after 35 - 40 mins fighting. more and more ppl had to log, so we stopped fighting. Kinda useless to fight with 6 - 8 ppl against whole DoY.

o_O

www.team-neotech.de/Neocron/tezla fight 3.avi
www.team-neotech.de/Neocron/cycrow fight 1.avi

deac
20-10-04, 23:04
all right shit happens..but if we have 10 online that means we have 10 thats rdy to fight.. its the same with your clan...see 6 go fight and 12 comes.

we try not to fight with unclanned runners...

anyways...just so you know we didnt call any other doy clans... they just have a habit of running around cy.

Xadhoom
20-10-04, 23:10
anyways...just so you know we didnt call any other doy clans... they just have a habit of running around cy.

oh, and we thought u called em in. Im sure all these huge doy clans just came to lvl there.

o_O

ps. while im bitching... is ups the only city clan that noob buffs? how about taking a look at SS on how to fight.

sorry for fighting so unfair. We will keep that in mind if we fight 30 DoYs next time

MrChumble
20-10-04, 23:17
shouldnt be in the same thread on the same topic tbh.

if you consider bringing 3x the numbers as fair then i worry about you.
It's fair in the sense that both sides can do it equally easily. Niether DoY nor NC have any inherent advantage when it comes to ninja hacks.

Whether it's fun, ethical or infact completely lame is another matter entirely. It is allowed by the game mechanics though, and in fact encouraged. KK have been presented with dozens of ideas to remove ninja hacking and haven't implemented any of them. That implies to me they want it like it is (or they're braindead dribbling idiots, but I'm suspecting the former in this case).

Xadhoom
20-10-04, 23:30
It's fair in the sense that both sides can do it equally easily. Niether DoY nor NC have any inherent advantage when it comes to ninja hacks.

we dont want to use other clans in op fight. if u hack an uPs op, then get ready to attacked by uPs.. by uPs and not SS/uPs/soldierz/PAIN and every fucking n00b midlvl conster spy that can be found. I fucking hate battles between huge unorganised zerg armies where the side with the fastest pcs wins..

Jay Foxfire
20-10-04, 23:34
You know deac.. the difference between a good and bad PPU is that the good PPU knows how to get a continuous heal working, so you have no chance at all to "hurt" him with your noob heal..

But I guess the times of good PPU players are over..

Anyway, this was the first series of OP fights for me since a year, and I must say that I really enjoyed it.. can't wait til my APU is finally capped so I can kick more of your asses. :D

But let's get back to topic please.

Darkener
21-10-04, 00:06
well here i talk about fair fights and so on.. and whats the first thing i hear when i log on today?

9-10 ups hacking grant... we had 4 online... then we lost cy... had dead ppl gring in and couldnt really get our shit in order....

we made a stand at tezla and after a long ass fight we won.. then we ran to cycrow... think some other clans fought there... killed a few ups/(pain?) there and moved on to our other ops...

Just say thx to lore ... because if it was up to me ups wouldnt have any ops tomorrow......

really just check our god damn online nummbers if you want to have a clean fight.

Fact of the matter is there were about 9 people on at the gravis fight before grant and when we went to grant there was 4 how can we be at fault. As for cycrow didnt i see some fang credentes venom and ff there.
Just because you won at grant when you had a good few clans there doesnt mean yo would have gotten any further maybe you should have tried it.

ps. stop thinking of terra as you would pluto. As far as i know noob buffing is a tactic it gets the job done. If your stupid enough to allow yourself to be anti-buffed and then noob buffed you deserve to die.

$tormbringer
21-10-04, 00:24
it wasnt even noob buffing... just tl3 healing... i mean they shall be happy that they even get a heal... -_- ... i think its hard to heal someone when there are about 30 ppl round u to kill like 9 ppl...

Xadhoom
21-10-04, 00:37
ps. stop thinking of terra as you would pluto. As far as i know noob buffing is a tactic it gets the job done. If your stupid enough to allow yourself to be anti-buffed and then noob buffed you deserve to die.

no antibuff. after gravis we had not a single apu with us ..

Darkener
21-10-04, 00:51
no antibuff. after gravis we had not a single apu with us ..
I just dont know guys the nib ass moaning is a little bit annoying. Like people have started moaning about logging alts to come kill you after they kill your nibs. Just because they are uber 1337 to kill a nib and dont have the skill to
take your main well FYI if im getting poke so are you . This is a 4 char server i pay for 4 so ill get my moneys worth. You guys on pluto can be all cool and have 1 fighter and 3 traders i dont really care that aint for me .

Saza
21-10-04, 01:02
I'd just like to point out that after 7 pages of treading that fine line between angry posts and all out flaming/trolling, not one mod has had to step in the crossfire and edit something.

Good job guys :p

And to be honest, I'm not sure which side I'm on for this arguement. As a Pro City runner I pretty much spent 3 days constantly levelling in the poison caves where I capped, no trouble from anyone. But I can understand where the Pro City runners are coming from.

ATM I think Carinth is seeing the situation the closest to what it really is. While NC is disorganised, they are much more friendly than DoY (to each other), hence Neocron is a much safer place to live in. Whereas in DoY I am truly scared to leave Black Dragon HQ for fear of being ganked by neutrals.

Just try and consider the big picture guys, it's not all good for us anti-reza people.

One last point, completely off topic I know but I am not one to start threads about things like this. Does anyone else find less and less of a reason to play NC? Almost as if DoY ruined it?

Weazle
21-10-04, 11:26
Well there's a few pro-city clans that are still getting their OP war teams ready ... SynergyXR being one of them. FF, SS and Dark know how much of a force we are, mainly because of our reputation of being predominantly spies :lol: :lol:

I don't mind the large fights to a cerain degree because its damn well exciting but it can get very very frantic and confusing :)

On the fair fights situation, we had a thing going on Pluto that I thought worked very well when there was co-operation from all sides. The clan leaders of pro-city and anti-city clans agreed to a few guidlines like checking the number online beforehand, hacking a few layers just for a fight, no noob buffing, no stealth turrets and not being greedy on the OPs. Essentially we brought it back down to having a fun and fair fight where the OP was secondary. Of course there were little things and mis-perceptions about what happened but it was kept in check by the clan leaders.

In my view, it doesn't matter who keeps the OP, its when the battle is fought honorably and that its fun which matters more. I'd rather lose in a good fight then win a dirty one. Also we got to know the opposition and have a laugh at times ...... its a game afterall :)

deac
21-10-04, 11:30
oh, and we thought u called em in. I'm sure all these huge doy clans just came to lvl there.

nope we didn't and we wont unless you bring allies

believe it or not

just think about it.. one doy guy see a shit load of ca around cycrow... then report that on alliance....thats bound to get some bored ppl there.

and you know what? lore is a nice guy and wants to keep things fair...soo just dm him if you want anything setup.

but from past experience with your clan I know that keeping it fair isn't really what you guys are about. my vote would be to zerg,nib buff and ninja hack you guys off the server.

then again its not up to me

Sigma
21-10-04, 12:32
[...]but from past experience with your clan I know that keeping it fair isn't really what you guys are about. my vote would be to zerg,nib buff and ninja hack you guys off the server.

OMG! I'm getting scared now. :eek:

deac
21-10-04, 12:53
OMG! I'm getting scared now. :eek:

did happen once before soo ;)

___T-X____
21-10-04, 12:55
I just dont know guys the nib ass moaning is a little bit annoying. Like people have started moaning about logging alts to come kill you after they kill your nibs. Just because they are uber 1337 to kill a nib and dont have the skill to
take your main well FYI if im getting poke so are you . This is a 4 char server i pay for 4 so ill get my moneys worth. You guys on pluto can be all cool and have 1 fighter and 3 traders i dont really care that aint for me .

Why dont you post the rank of your 'nib' that I keep pking. 65/60** pistol spy isnt it ?. Or is that not the nib your refering too, cos everytime I gank this UNCLANNED Pistol Spy 'DarkspY' you log a DarkH on and turn up with the DarkH's clanmates in PAIN. Do you spin them some bullshit story how 20 uber people ganked you or some shit so that thye turn up, or do you jsut tell them the truth that u r suxx0r and cant take dying.

Btw which server did you come from ? Let me guess....

And the funniest thing is, when someone plays your game and logs an ALT on and returns the favour - you whine like hoe

Sigma
21-10-04, 12:58
did happen once before soo ;)

What?

Me getting scared?

:eek:

Alienfreak
21-10-04, 14:47
nope we didn't and we wont unless you bring allies

believe it or not

just think about it.. one doy guy see a shit load of ca around cycrow... then report that on alliance....thats bound to get some bored ppl there.

and you know what? lore is a nice guy and wants to keep things fair...soo just dm him if you want anything setup.

but from past experience with your clan I know that keeping it fair isn't really what you guys are about. my vote would be to zerg,nib buff and ninja hack you guys off the server.

If we have an OP war and dont want ppl to be a part of it we tell them to fkn go away. If they dont do ... kill them ... its an war zone.

So dont tell me you didnt want them to fight with you.

Tyr
21-10-04, 15:42
Please can you all get back on topic and leave any in-game discussion for in-game chat.

deac
21-10-04, 16:29
If we have an OP war and dont want ppl to be a part of it we tell them to fkn go away. If they dont do ... kill them ... its an war zone.

So dont tell me you didnt want them to fight with you.

haha soo your telling me we should kill allies just to please you guys? :wtf:

ps. sorry nid... I wont ever post in this thread again.

Jesterthegreat
21-10-04, 16:38
haha soo your telling me we should kill allies just to please you guys? :wtf:

ps. sorry nid... I wont ever post in this thread again.

it wasnt nid and you already KOS WoC and VENOM, thats 2 allies