PDA

View Full Version : Allied kill Allied?

Nc TrIX
16-10-04, 19:12
Recently ive been in DOY Central ( Terra ) and complaints from people on trade and yesterday alliance chat were saying that they were being killed by thier own faction and thier own allies...why are people doing this. it is having a huge impact on the way people are seeing the game imo.

So why do people do it? :wtf:

Kreb Slyvian
16-10-04, 19:24
Recently ive been in DOY Central ( Terra ) and complaints from people on trade and yesterday alliance chat were saying that they were being killed by thier own faction and thier own allies...why are people doing this. it is having a huge impact on the way people are seeing the game imo.

Because they can.

Kreb

joran420
16-10-04, 19:25
yup what he said

and fyi if they kill a single allied or neutral runner in an anarchy zone then their Soul light becomes yellow and anyone can kill them without Soul light penalty

ariall
16-10-04, 19:27

Because they are sick in the mind... Or they think NC is Unreal tournament.
Killing allies or own faction is like teamkilling in online-fps game. It cannot be tolerated!

Nc TrIX
16-10-04, 19:30
kreb if your going to post make it somthing constructive :p

Mr Kot
16-10-04, 19:39
The only explanation i can think of is the old "You killed my hostile alt, so here i am on my ally, so u won't suspect a thing when i meet you in DoY"

Just put it down to the 14-yr old kiddies who have spent too much time on a multi char server and are blinded to the difference between a "character" and the player operating him. And we all know what makes you blind.......... :lol:

On a seperate note, certain neutral factions are required as epic kills. Those who are playing in true roleplayer fashion won't exactly ask your permission first (or rezz you then pay you, for that matter). So if you belong to a faction that is another faction's epic kill, just watch your backs.

naimex
16-10-04, 19:41
welcome to the real world.....

......uhh..

o_O

nevermind..

-=BlackBeard=-
16-10-04, 20:09
maybe for epics

maybe they want to

maybe they dont like the person they are killing

its them who lose the sl and fs so i dont see point in complainin

msdong
16-10-04, 20:46
as i would say allied kills are total crap. i go for - never trust an neutal. i was to often killed by PP in NC1

Jesterthegreat
16-10-04, 20:48

ding ding ding...

people hiding behind F6 faction lists is as bad as people hiding behind LE's.

if someone will annoy / offend / abuse you, expecting to be perfectly safe from retaliation he will find himself... well... not so safe :p

if someones a complete dick to me (i know a certain guy who has at least 3 accounts, leaves 2 LE'd anti NC chars logged at CRP and PK's on a third pro city sniper. if he removed the LE on his anti city monks i would attack him. hes a dick, i dont like him, why should i not?) then they get whats comming to them.

im not saying "dont o as i say and you die" or goin on a big ego trip. im not saying i can kill everyone. im saying dont expect to be safe when giving allied hassle.

-=Dredduk=-
16-10-04, 20:52
i just got killed.... in p1 and p2 because i attacked this person anti city's alt... so he logs his pro city tank and when im running down the steps in p1 he ganks me from behind...

isnt neocron fun :|

Jesterthegreat
16-10-04, 20:54
i just got killed.... in p1 and p2 because i attacked this person anti city's alt... so he logs his pro city tank and when im running down the steps in p1 he ganks me from behind...

isnt neocron fun :|

well... if there were some wa to stop multifactioning i would be all for it,... but its not that simple.

multiple accounts? if one char changes faction, do they all change? would faction change be removed entirely? what would that do to the epic system?

etc etc

personally all my chars, filling 3 servers, are anti NC. 2 x crahn, 2 x BD, 1x Tsu, 2 x FA

if i had the option i would change all Terra chars to crahn.

Shinto
16-10-04, 20:56
i hear FANG want all other TG out of the faction so proberbly those guys giving you some cons leveling ;)

Jesterthegreat
16-10-04, 20:57
i hear FANG want all other TG out of the faction so proberbly those guys giving you some cons leveling ;)

i try to stay out of other factions in-house affairs :p

Darkener
16-10-04, 22:55

Welcome to Saturn or should i say terra renamed . I bet ya most people involved in the Allie versus Allie were people from Saturn . Also no safezones in NC1 if you were sitting in plaza and you had an argument you had to talk it through its much easier to pull out a weapon and kill someone. Another reason is some people from pro city have chars in anti-city and find utmost pleasure in killing people and generally being a pain in the ass .

sebastien
17-10-04, 00:18
Speaking for myself, if someone is going to be an arrogant or ignorant prick, if they are repeatedly KSing, griefing, RPKing lowbies, etc.. then I'm going to rally up my friends and we're going to kill him. And we won't care what faction he is in, plain and simple.

Note: I play a PvP game to PvP, so I'm not going to consider you a jerk for nailing me when I'm not expecting it, etc.. just be a good sport and we all have fun.

So, as I meet peeps that are cool, if they happen to be in hostile factions, then yah I'll have some PvP fun that way, since faction v. faction is what the game encourages. That's fine.

But if somebody is being an idiot, then ima gonna make life difficult for them, and I don't care what faction they are in.

Killfly
17-10-04, 03:15
Why does Saturn get so many damn generalizations? I played Saturn in NC1 and I don't play the way it's suggested that everyone from Saturn plays... Idiots are idiots are idiots - they come from everywhere...

Idola
17-10-04, 03:22
Why does Saturn get so many damn generalizations? I played Saturn in NC1 and I don't play the way it's suggested that everyone from Saturn plays... Idiots are idiots are idiots - they come from everywhere...

It gets so many generalisations because, quite frankly, it deserves them. Every server had it's morons and ally killers, obviously, but the Saturn players seemed to take so much more joy and "lookatwhatIcandoweeeee" feelings from it. The fact that many of the server's members couldn't resist defending themselves over the slightest of things didn't help, either.

And before anyone starts: I was a Saturn player from the start, so I've seen, experience and even taken part in (At times) that sort of behaviour.

Darkener
17-10-04, 11:42

I played Saturn to for the whole of NC1 and i said it because what i said was true. Thats the way things were in saturn faction had no meaning if you wanted a fight with a clan you fought . When i moved to CA near the end my Anti-city enemys generally stayed the same if it wasnt for clan i wouuld have been faction less until i killed enough anti-city. Killing allies was not unheard of it happened quite alot but generally allied people killed were known enemys or someone caught in the crossfire.

Sigma
17-10-04, 11:48
I played Saturn to for the whole of NC1 and i said it because what i said was true. Thats the way things were in saturn faction had no meaning if you wanted a fight with a clan you fought . When i moved to CA near the end my Anti-city enemys generally stayed the same if it wasnt for clan i wouuld have been faction less until i killed enough anti-city. Killing allies was not unheard of it happened quite alot but generally allied people killed were known enemys or someone caught in the crossfire.

We never attacked allies.

:angel:

naimex
17-10-04, 11:55
We never attacked allies.

:angel:

*coff*

yeah right :lol: :lol: :lol:

:p

-=Dredduk=-
17-10-04, 11:58
i always thought of it like this...

saturn had the most players compared to the rest of english servers so... that means more players and chance of you getting more idiots on saturn is higher..

pluto didnt have many players so less chance of getting idiots...

so what im saying is if pluto had more players it would be the same as saturn.

StealthyAssassi
17-10-04, 12:16
Ok my personal first-2-weeks-of-neocron experience:
Yesterday alone, I got killed 4 times in DoY City Center. By an ally. I was standing there trading and he started shooting at me to annoy me or to test his damage - I dont know.
But when he coulndt stop, after I politely asked him to do so 3 times I said: "Stop it dumbbag" or something - he killed me.
Then I GR to City Center again and he killed me again (I got my belts though).
2 minutes later he logs on with the character of a friend (as I found out later) and starts shooting me - and kills me again. (was synaptic impaired etc - pretty defenseless)
I GR AGAIN to City Center (2/3 of my implants werent in their slots anymore) and this time he manages to kill me AND hack my belt. He steals my software.
WTF?

Darkener
17-10-04, 12:21
i always thought of it like this...

saturn had the most players compared to the rest of english servers so... that means more players and chance of you getting more idiots on saturn is higher..

pluto didnt have many players so less chance of getting idiots...

so what im saying is if pluto had more players it would be the same as saturn.

Pluto had such a low population you couldn't afford to be an asshole. On Saturn you had the luxury of being a cunt and not caring everyone had there little clicks who they ran with ect. If your on a server with max of 100 people it would be pretty lonely if you pissed everyone off and annoying as no one would tradeskill with you ect. I dont think there was some special breed of people that were only put on pluto everyone had to have some level of respect for each other or it would be crap playing on the server.

Sorin
17-10-04, 12:31
I think that 4 slot vs 1 slot servers might have been a part of that too. On a 4 slot server they can hide behind alts very easily (unless they're one of those weirdos who name their alts xxx1, xxx2, xxx3, :wtf: ). Sure you can buy multiple accounts on a 1 slot server and hide behind alts like that, but that's expensive (gotta love the people that can hide behind mommy and daddy's credit card that way).

Case in point: one time, over the course of a couple weeks I got ganked in the back twice by this queen in an allied faction. He turned from nice guy and buddy, to complete dick head for ZERO reason. Well one day I'm minding my own business on my hybrid (the real ones, the ones that need to be brought back), owning in the graves with my 5 slot holy energy barrel and 2 slot holy antidote when this mid level monk comes up to me and is like "hi." So we teamed and leveled together because I was feeling unusually sociable (usually I just ignore people completely). Well we get to talking and he mentions that he has another character, and he mentions it by name. Lo and behold it's the same guy that ganked me. And wouldn't you know, he's telling me this on the very character I was on when he stabbed me in the back both times? I was thinking "WTflyingF??!?" He's telling me this as if I'd have forgotten that he did that? And the thing is because of the 4 slots, I never would have known this monk was the allied ganker if he hadn't told me. Yay 4 slots. I still don't know why he mentioned his alt, it's not like he cared or had the slightest bit of remorse. In fact, he probably forgot, come to think of it.

Born and raised on Saturn and spent 90% of my time there. It's shit like that the reason I've not had a non-LE character for as long as I remember (excepting a PPU and a tradeskiller).

There needs to be some huge mega severe penalty for killing allies, or there needs to be some in-game mechanism that makes it very extremely not worth it to kill allies. The faction supply manager thing would be a kinda-sorta-maybe decent method, if it weren't for 4 character slots and multiple accounts.

Darkener
17-10-04, 12:46
There was a Penalty it was called Anarchy Breed both sides could kill you and you couldnt enter either city . On the positive side you got to kill both sides but it would be extremely hard to get back into a faction because of guards on both sides killing you . Unfortunatly it was delayed. What we have now is people who lose faction then go into both citys un harmed kill what they want well stay logged on a few hours and have good sl again.

darkservent
17-10-04, 13:18
Welcome to the shitty 4 slots server. KK bring on the 1 slot even pop would be low.

FANG seem do seem to be just are wierd to wierd for me. So they can well deal with the SL loss.

___T-X____
17-10-04, 13:22
Because they can.

Kreb

What he said.

Nc TrIX
17-10-04, 15:24
Pluto was more of a community than saturn was, they talked to eachtoher more, not allways flame flame bitching bitching i own u etc :rolleyes:

Genty
17-10-04, 16:11
People kill their allies because as in many games, they are arseholes. However, that is not the only option, the other options are that the person they are killing is a faction hopper, was an enemy yesterday but not to day, semi-valid reason. Another very valid reason to kill allies is because they killed you first, revenge is a very sweet thing. Or possibly because the person has done a duff trade with them.

Personally I never attacked allies or even neutral people unless I was attacked first, then every time I saw them again they would be attacked, unless payment was recieved of course :D

Jesterthegreat
17-10-04, 16:17
Welcome to Saturn or should i say terra renamed . I bet ya most people involved in the Allie versus Allie were people from Saturn . Also no safezones in NC1 if you were sitting in plaza and you had an argument you had to talk it through its much easier to pull out a weapon and kill someone. Another reason is some people from pro city have chars in anti-city and find utmost pleasure in killing people and generally being a pain in the ass .

i was from Uranus, but i wont let people hide behind F6.

no one RP's, so dont gimme shit for not playing my role correctly.

im not gonna randomly kill allies, but i wont refuse to if they deserve it

Kreb Slyvian
17-10-04, 22:28
kreb if your going to post make it somthing constructive :p

To be honest, I'm having a hard time thinking of something constructive to say about NC2. I'd be happy to have NC1 back at this point. Why couldn't they just add new content without screwing up the game play so bad?

Kreb

Quake
17-10-04, 22:52
There are alternative places for peace love and carebearing. Techhaven is one alternative.

Idola
17-10-04, 22:59
There are alternative places for peace love and carebearing. Techhaven is one alternative.

There are also alternative places for ganking everyone including your allies. The many warzones are one such alternative.

Quake
17-10-04, 23:17
Im just saying that if you dont like it, there are alternatives. I have allways thought that the risc of being killed anywhere at anytime adds to the whole Neocron feeling, I mean just look at DoY, it's dark and scary. Now how would it be if they add pink bunnies running around giving candy and hugs to everyone?

Crunchy
17-10-04, 23:27
Now how would it be if they add pink bunnies running around giving candy and hugs to everyone?

Well, you could kill the bunnies and steal the candy...

Saza
18-10-04, 00:08
Well, you could kill the bunnies and steal the candy...
My thoughts exactly.....

Tostino
18-10-04, 05:54
Its not much better as a pro city for not geting allyed ganked... Just today I was trading in plaza one and some City Admin spy comes up and shoots me with First love and then runs when I buff up and get him down to half HP in 3 shots (silly no druging spys) him then he keeps trying to pk me for almost 1 hr. No clue why never had any trouble with him or his clan :confused:

dark_reaper
18-10-04, 06:26
I do wish they bring the safe-zones back in NC or at least Plaza and or Via Rosso. It is a major bitch tradeskilling and getting ganked by an enimy fac member or an allied member.

I dont believe in attacking Allied member. Only time i will hunt the person is when he/she owes me money. It is just pissing me off standing there defensless helping out another player and then ganked. That is pure wrong. There is a place to kill each other, it is called Warzones and waistelands. Not the cities.

How would you gankers loved to get ganked when you try to make some money? :confused:

Opar
18-10-04, 08:55

Wow. Thats taking the '************' flames to a whole new level.

EDIT - Oh for fucks sake. Fuck off with your 'omg saturn joo ally pkar'

DOWN ON YOUR KNEES AND SUCK ME DRY. You talk bollocks darkener. Saturn isnt/wasnt some realm of eternal gankage, there were a few cocks who went around (A la Cartel?) and ganked people because they had nothing better to do with their sad little lives. Nuff said.

Screw you.

ArgieD
18-10-04, 10:22
Indeed being pked while trading leaves you with a bad taste in your mouth; there is no doubt. Though,

A) The fact that you can now get pked anywhere, anytime adds to the game in the long term. Those "14-year olds" will always be there, and when they get older, hence more mature, there are gonna be others taking their place. It is a fact of life, and unfortunately, we do have to live with it.

B) Although LE is an option, KK may have to reconsider the whole thing. I know lots of people from my Terra clan (Phaze), who started some ALT characters that will keep their LE on just because this is the only way you can be a tradeskiller without getting ganked. It is true that a great number of people prefer to keep their LEs on now; WIll clans eventually get extinct? Who knows 8|

C) LE-less Tradeskillers over the Rank of 30 will have to bear with all the negative points of the current system. Imagine holding a 150 tool, carrying out some CSTing / RESing / REPing, while all of a sudden you get ganked by any runner, only for his "law-abiding" mate hacking your belt. Just think that the tool is not on the 1st secure slot of your quickbelt while you work; it is in the processor window, and believe me, you DO risk dropping it.

This last one was a personal experience of mine last night. A guy asked me to CST a shitload of spells for him and after I passed them on to him he ganked me down O_o
Bastard, he didn't even tip me.... :)

Kopaka
18-10-04, 10:33
maybe for epics

maybe they want to

its them who lose the sl and fs so i dont see point in complainin

i kill some1 because he/she got a bad haircut

imo i think thats a perfectly good reason.
(no i wasnt the one PKing allied..)

solling
18-10-04, 13:35
i would go with cuz they think they can , its easier to start shooting an ally that have no idea hes gonna get under attack so u can get him to low hlth before he starts shooting back

then it is fighting an actual enemy who will shoot back right away

i just think they are scared to loose

Riddle
18-10-04, 13:57
I do wish they bring the safe-zones back in NC or at least Plaza and or Via Rosso. It is a major bitch tradeskilling and getting ganked by an enimy fac member or an allied member.

There are use Faction HQ's. I know this sucks but if ALL tradeskillers all moved to a faction HQ like Bio where crytons is practically outside the door then the business would come to us.
Instead we all hang in P1 and get randomly ganked risking both tools and gloves never mind hassle of getting poked arghh.

LE-less Tradeskillers over the Rank of 30 will have to bear with all the negative points of the current system. Imagine holding a 150 tool, carrying out some CSTing / RESing / REPing, while all of a sudden you get ganked by any runner, only for his "law-abiding" mate hacking your belt. Just think that the tool is not on the 1st secure slot of your quickbelt while you work; it is in the processor window, and believe me, you DO risk dropping it.

Happened to me twice and I lost my res glove!! arghhhh!! :mad:
SO NO MORE . I have moved to HQ's for business as I don't expect a noob to run to TH to get something ressed or cst. I like the idea of doing business only for allied chars so I won't be heading to TH.

jnky
18-10-04, 14:38
I started a PP monk (apu soon to go ppu) Im moving him to FA where all my other char's live, I just wanted your chip :p
Coming out of my apt lift the other day a BT tank melle'd me to death at the bottom, the reason he killed me I think was the fact I was yellow SL (been killing NEXT subway guys for anticity symp)
I wasnt upset because i needed poking anyways and he will soon be my enemy when I can get my char back home in FA.
I have 2 capped char's in FA and have his name logged for when I see him again.
Now I dont care what anyone says this guy is going to die, its not a "log my alt on" situation, he killed me for pure fun and Im going to have fun looking for him and returning the favour with one of my alts that is more suited to the job.

I expect to be killed all the time now and run around the city with my spell out at all times, I have no problem with this and do all my trading at TH, apart from pokes.

THAT IS WHAT TH IS NOW FOR, YOU SHOULD DIE STOOD AROUND PLAZA, TRADERS STOLE MY HOME, FUCKING USE IT.

Sorry bout that but im a TH fanboi.

The game is by far better this way, NC1 was getting stale imo.

GG KK

dark_reaper
18-10-04, 18:44
I just go where the money takes me, make alot of money and use it toward my clan. Hopefully operations will beback up soon.
Another thing supprises me, and KK told me they will fix it is the guards in the HQ's and out side. They told me it is supposed to be almost impossible for a hostile to leave the HQ? Who knows???