PDA

View Full Version : the paladin

THE_TICK!!!!
16-10-04, 18:40
so can you folks give me the scoop on the palidan...i would like to know all about it.

Tratos
16-10-04, 18:41
was going to be a status with reward for people who had completed EVERY epic in the game but was supposedly scrapped and is no more.

Thats it, unless of course you mean the paladin tank from C&C Generals but i dont think you do :) :p

THE_TICK!!!!
16-10-04, 18:45
ahh i thought it was still ingame ..man that sucks

Tratos
16-10-04, 18:47
if youve seen somone with that title its probably due to the bug which somhow lets people use that feature*.

*The feature being Custom Titles

superfresh
16-10-04, 18:47
Ew bug. nm.

Dribble Joy
16-10-04, 18:58
Problem is that the notion of what a paladin would be in NC is not the sort of person given what they have to do to gain that status.
The paladin is someone who has gained the respect and sympathy with all the factions and acts as a mediator and buffer between them. Whereas the NC paladin has pepeatedly ganked and betrayed his way through the factions.

The name of paladin does not suit the role anyway.
A paladin is a person who is a fanatical devotee to a cause (usually for 'good') not a neutral intermediery.

An NC 'paladin' would be more of a 'hero', and would probably have to gain his status through RP and his deeds.

Killfly
17-10-04, 03:33
So the people running around showing off their paladin title are full of it/exploiting ? I hard someone saying yesterday that he'd completed all the epics and being 'right snotty' about his paladin rank thingy...

Glok
17-10-04, 03:44
So the people running around showing off their paladin title are full of it/exploiting ? I hard someone saying yesterday that he'd completed all the epics and being 'right snotty' about his paladin rank thingy...They are full of it, Nid has said the title itself whatever it says (some have Judge, and others have funky titles) is a bug and will be removed. And that dude... you should have ganked him for being full of shit and an asshole to boot.

edit: AND. The NExT and DRE epics can't be completed atm. :lol:

Killfly
17-10-04, 03:47
lol, well I don't generally gank people (it's against my religion or something) and I was in TH at the time, so... :) Maybe I'll poke him with a stick next time I see him or something :lol:

darkservent
17-10-04, 13:22
oh well, Im still goin for all the epics and it seems like im the only one bothered to finish em all. KK FIX THE NEXT AND DRE. I have to join my clan ASAP.

QuantumDelta
17-10-04, 13:31
oh well, Im still goin for all the epics and it seems like im the only one bothered to finish em all. KK FIX THE NEXT AND DRE. I have to join my clan ASAP.
I was thinking about doing it and, in the olden days I'd have made a serious effort to be the first to be a Paladin ... these days I cba.....

J. Folsom
17-10-04, 15:53
There's a temp fix NPC for both in place. These basically allow you to skip the non-working mission, and still get any rewards you're supposed to get.