PDA

View Full Version : Ghosts?

Dribble Joy
16-10-04, 18:11
I seen these things in NC1.
Little blue puffs that appear for about a second, usually a few in order/sucession.

Allways saw them around MB ASG, never managed to get a screenie though.

UNTILL NOW!!

Started seeing them arounnd the launcher pit in i06.

What are these?

Jesterthegreat
16-10-04, 18:13
I seen these things in NC1.
Little blue puffs that appear for about a second, usually a few in order/sucession.

Allways saw them around MB ASG, never managed to get a screenie though.

UNTILL NOW!!

Started seeing them arounnd the launcher pit in i06.

What are these?

O_o

i havent seen this before

SirRah
16-10-04, 18:14
*plays the x-files theme*

I've seen them near the chester pit with the launchers as well.

Mysterious....mysterious... O_o

:p

SorkZmok
16-10-04, 18:20
Im scared by that female PE standing in the swampcaves.

Xeno LARD
16-10-04, 18:32
Are they not the engine-y bits of the launcher?

Tratos
16-10-04, 18:34
Are they not the engine-y bits of the launcher?

thats a good point....it may have loaded the 'hovery' bit of a launcher and not the model due to distance.

Xeno LARD
16-10-04, 18:35
thats a good point....it may have loaded the 'hovery' bit of a launcher and not the model due to distance.

Yarr, Technical arn't we?

Argent
16-10-04, 18:38
If that's the exact center of a zone, could be case of the "default PE zoned in" -bug with a stealther.

Tratos
16-10-04, 18:40
Yarr, Technical arn't we?

just backing up your point :)

eprodigy
16-10-04, 18:50
Hmm.. I don't really know but, when spies have stealthed near me - I always can see where they are slightly because of a little ghostly fog right where they are, for a couple seconds.

I-06 launcher pits, I have been levelling there several times and had spies "destealth" and pk me before I can even turn around.

Nc TrIX
16-10-04, 19:05
very very strange.... :rolleyes:

GIJ0e
16-10-04, 20:10
this "bug" has been in long as i can remember, chester LC pit if i remember right, i have seen it other places but cant remember where, doesnt seem to do anything but appear occasionally.

marsh gas tbh ¬_¬

Killfly
17-10-04, 03:27
Yeah, I've come across this a lot where they are launchers about... I came to the conclusion that it was the distance between you and the launcher causing it to not be fully visible... Have you tried running to closer to one of these 'ghosts' and seeing if it fully materialises (to use a ghostly term :lol:)?...

capt-o
17-10-04, 05:10
You say it's just a puff that goes away dribble?
If it's at a distance like that all the time, and near a LC area my guess is that it's that weird spell they cast on themselves, the one where the blue "smoke" swirls around them for a couple seconds.

Pungent77
17-10-04, 06:20
You say it's just a puff that goes away dribble?
If it's at a distance like that all the time, and near a LC area my guess is that it's that weird spell they cast on themselves, the one where the blue "smoke" swirls around them for a couple seconds.
yup they do it when they yell and wave their arm in the air

Dirus
17-10-04, 06:30
It's the gfx under the launcher cyclopes, you get the same thing with the engines from the hover-insertnamehere.

Omnituens
17-10-04, 11:57
yeah, thats not a ghost, how the fuck did you miss the ghost in that screenie?

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/daniel_rogers1/forum/wtwinnc.jpg

QuantumDelta
17-10-04, 12:20
It's the gfx under the launcher cyclopes, you get the same thing with the engines from the hover-insertnamehere.
But this one you can get up close to ..becuase I've been right next to it, and it's been there for years, always the same spot.. XD

Would be cool to see ghostish things in the wastes though....

Sorin
17-10-04, 12:39
I've only ever seen that around Launchers, but then again I don't get out much - only to my leveling spots.

As for the PE chick in the swamp caves, I gank her every time :)

"You got no reward for killing the (null). Pick on somebody your own size!" I admit though, it's somewhat disconcerting seeing her standing there sometimes. I dunno why, but every now and then it's kinda creepy.

FarSight
17-10-04, 12:46
Im scared by that female PE standing in the swampcaves.
if you talking about untargetable femmale PE model then afaik it is a kind of marker of new mob (there will be spawn of mob but dunno why is PE mayby there are no gfx and AI for it)... swamp caves were full of them (nc1 b4) bfore they put mobs in them.

kurai
17-10-04, 12:58
I've noticed that old NC1 bug is back too.

If, for whatever reason, a character gets a certain type of `long-sync` entering a zone a nameless PE `placeholder` avatar appears at the reset_position point until the character finishes it's sync.

Sometimes you can even damage them ... I remember once jumping out of my skin when I was stealthing around an OP war and 3 no-name PEs dropped out of the sky right next to me. I started blasting away at one of them till I heard on Teamspeak that one of my clanmate reinforcements who had just zoned in on the other side of the map had suddenly died for no apparent reason. Oops :angel:

Anyway - one has to wonder just how ancient is the NC1 codebase version the base NC2 development started from.
There's a hell of a lot of `re-inventing the wheel` fuckups for old, *old*, previously fixed bugs going on.

Sorin
17-10-04, 13:01
I've noticed that old NC1 bug is back too.

If, for whatever reason, a character gets a certain type of `long-sync` entering a zone a nameless PE `placeholder` avatar appears at the reset_position point until the character finishes it's sync.

Sometimes you can even damage them ... I remember once jumping out of my skin when I was stealthing around an OP war and 3 no-name PEs dropped out of the sky right next to me. I started blasting away at one of them till I heard on Teamspeak that one of my clanmate reinforcements who had just zoned in on the other side of the map had suddenly died for no apparent reason. Oops :angel:

Anyway - one has to wonder just how ancient is the NC1 codebase version the base NC2 development started from.
There's a hell of a lot of `re-inventing the wheel` fuckups for old, *old*, previously fixed bugs going on.

Well now, that's interesting. I saw one of those guys pop up earlier at Gabanium Mine an hour or two ago and I was going to cream it with my Malediction, but I forgot my drug had worn off so I couldn't use it. :lol: Lucky guy who had that synch ;)

Zefrian
17-10-04, 16:12
hm .. it might be "fen fire" ... because this screen has been taken in the swamps. :)

QuantumDelta
17-10-04, 16:15
1) No fenfire in swamps o.O
2) Not in swamp...in wastelands....near chester launcher pit....
3) ....did I miss a joke....?

J. Folsom
17-10-04, 16:17
1) No fenfire in swamps o.O
2) Not in swamp...in wastelands....near chester launcher pit....
3) ....did I miss a joke....?
Fenfires, legendary creatures living in swamps. Look like a small ball of light, and either lead travellers into trouble or out of the swamp (Depending on the legend). Better known as Wisps or Will o' Wisps.

Though I might just be looking too much into it :p

Akasha
17-10-04, 16:30
wierd!
I found this wierd head flashing and popping up! :lol:

~A~

QuantumDelta
17-10-04, 16:52
Fenfires, legendary creatures living in swamps. Look like a small ball of light, and either lead travellers into trouble or out of the swamp (Depending on the legend). Better known as Wisps or Will o' Wisps.

Oh noez...! I know not of these fenfires!
Legends and stuff...hmmmmm.......*goes to do research...*

|R@zor|
17-10-04, 17:02
Are'nt they pretty random all over the north western wastelands, i used to see them all the time outside MB and surrounding zones, and i dont think they are anything to do with launcher cyclops.

i always remember i would see one and think it was a stealther.

Birkoff
17-10-04, 17:13
wierd!
I found this wierd head flashing and popping up! :lol:

~A~

Is that 'normal' cath in your belt?

Makes u wonder...

Zefrian
17-10-04, 17:18
Oh noez...! I know not of these fenfires!
Legends and stuff...hmmmmm.......*goes to do research...*

since english is not my native language i did not know, which was the commonly used word for that. I looked it up here: http://dict.leo.org/?lp=ende&lang=en&searchLoc=0&cmpType=relaxed&relink=on&sectHdr=on&spellToler=std&search=Irrlicht

See also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_o'_the_wisp

Greetings

Zefrian

Akasha
17-10-04, 19:31
Is that 'normal' cath in your belt?

Makes u wonder...

yes it is a normal cath! only coz KK got rid ov the uber sanctum i had! (yeah me and every other ppu!)

~A~

makes u wonder what?

Pungent77
18-10-04, 01:18

Right on, I seen a few in the Okefenokee swamp in Georgia....near indian burial mounds, pretty cool looking shit