PDA

View Full Version : What does PSI Amp stand for?

Burgeri
16-10-04, 16:37
I can't use any psi powers because I lack PSI Amp 1. I thought you would get that by using PSI gauntlet, but it seems I was wrong. What does PSI AMP stand for in the spell requirements then?

And what happened to the PSI glove animation?

Idola
16-10-04, 16:38
I believe it stands for "Psychic Amplification", but, like you, I also thought it was what the gloves gave you. Maybe you're bugged? Haven't got the faintest clue what else to suggest, really.

IceStorm
16-10-04, 16:44
Once you have the Gauntlet on, you should see any Psi spells you can use go from red to white (depending on your RPOS color choices). If they're still red, you don't meet the requirements.

If it's white and it doesn't work you probably don't have enough psi pool energy to cast the spell. Psi pool is on the lower right below Health and Stamina. You either need more points in Psi Power or more points in Psi Use. It's 2 pool points to one point of Psi Power and 1 pool point per two points in Psi Use, roughly. Pool also increases as base PSI level increases.

Jesterthegreat
16-10-04, 17:31
what alot of people new to psi's overlook is your psi pool (mana) has to be large enough to cast the spell. increase PSU (int) or ppw (psi) to increase your psi pool

Idola
16-10-04, 17:33
D'oh. Completely forgot about the power pool problem. :o

Shows how much I know, heh. Anyway, Burgei, if you've tried increasing your power pool and still haven't sorted the problem then you'd probably be best firing off a ticket to the Game Masters.

Burgeri
16-10-04, 17:34
But even if I don't have enough PSI pool, the spells should be white if I meet the requirements, right? And you can see the requirements in the spell description, white if you meet them, red if you don't.

Whether I wear the glove or not (and it is impossible to say if I wear it since there is no glove animation, I've tried this many times just to make sure), the PSI Amp requirement is still red, and therefore the entire spell is red and unusable.

Maybe I am bugged.

Glok
16-10-04, 17:35
Are you putting the glove in your implant window? That's where it goes.

Jesterthegreat
16-10-04, 17:49

yeah i would guess hes putting it in quickbar or processor.

put it in the hand slot in the implant (F3) window

Killfly
17-10-04, 03:37

I was going to suggest that too, but I thought I might get shot :)

$tormbringer
17-10-04, 12:13
do u waer a normal psi glove or the crahn epic one?... if u waer the epic one the psi amp in the description will be red... thats a little nifty bug but u should be able to use the spell...