PDA

View Full Version : I'm making a hacker.

Glok
16-10-04, 16:26
I finally decided what to do with my 4th char slot. :)

I'm making a hacker spy, since I don't have any chars that can hack, and he will come in useful to supply my trader with BPs. But a spy has so much more than a few int points, so I fleshed him out a bit. I need some comments though.

Will the specs I have set up be good enough to near cap a slasher?
Should I drop the PPR and use a Bez2 so I don't have to drug x-strong?
Will I be fast enough, or should I drug whiteflash also?

Other comments are welcome too.

MrChumble
16-10-04, 16:36
Don't.

IceStorm
16-10-04, 16:48
Imps don't work in Hacknet right now, so no +25 to hack for you.

TC is the equivalent of Hacking's RC/PC. You want way more TC for higher end hacking at this point since, again, imps aren't working in Hacknet right now. Knowing KK, they won't for months, if at all.

Spoon
16-10-04, 18:45
Yeah, you would make a good slacker....

oh, wait, you said Hacker...

nm...

Killfly
17-10-04, 03:35
If he's going to be a hacker, why bother speccing psi-points for shelter when u could use the extra psu for hck ? Just a thought...

Btw, why u still using that old skill manager? :)

Glok
17-10-04, 03:39
If he's going to be a hacker, why bother speccing psi-points for shelter when u could use the extra psu for hck ? Just a thought...

Btw, why u still using that old skill manager? :)I use it just cause I'm used to it. :)

The psu is for when I'm not in hacknet, it's a harsh world and ya gotta be able to survive, plus speccing for shelter leaves you with almost no psi pool otherwise. The implant however might go.

Killfly
17-10-04, 03:45
I understand you reasoning, but I think you'd be better going with 45 PPU, 22 MST and 25 PPW in psi (for Basic Resist 2), and then just lomming your PSU to HCK...

Obviously this is all just personal opinion, but in my experience, if you start trying to cover too many bases in one set-up you just end up compromising the potential strengths of your chosen role... It's that old 'jack of all trades, master of none' maxim...