PDA

View Full Version : What ARE you doing to neocron KK ?

Underground
16-10-04, 16:05
For 4 days ive been looking for new duranium boots for my tank, yea, no problems i think, I bought some from a smuggler, anyways, i go back to that smugler and he obviously lost his stock, as he nolonger sells them, the guy in PPHQ doesent sell them, im told MB sells them, awesome, im TG, alotta help that is, I musta checked every damn smuggler i the world, cant find duranium boots anywhere, just inqui boots, so after 4 damn days finding these boots, i get a pair from a clannie, was gonna research them, BUT NUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO they cannot be fucking researched either, are dura boots now a faction item or something ?
Why is it so hard to obtain items now.
Why is it that the majority of dispensable items can not be researched anymore, Ammo, most armour etc.

jini
16-10-04, 16:13
From what I can imagine, if I was in KK's minds, they wanted to make hard to get items like say SF, PSi cores and such or lvl3 implants easy to get to vitalize (maybe) pvp. But now they make previous easy to get stuff, trivial I would say, like armor PAs and such hard to get..... :( :( :( :( :(
Where are the lvl2 implants? the lvl2 eyes? the boosters? Why do mobs drop nothing usefull now? How come a new character be able to use better equipment, better weapons how????? Whom do I have to beg to get myself a simple tangent minilauncher pistol??

Dargeshaad
16-10-04, 16:26
And it's a pain in the ass, causs it's not the imps you drop when you die in pvp, it's the bloody inq4 pants or APU PA3 etc. etc.
Damn annoying

Shinto
16-10-04, 16:44
my experience of NC2 since i started has been shit

for me NC1>nc2

jini
16-10-04, 16:50
my experience of NC2 since i started has been shit

for me NC1>nc2

One would easily assume that the ahrdest thing in such a large scale game would be things like gfx engine scenery and such. Instead they changed the gameplay (actually it can easily -I think- changed again). I guess they need some time to maturity, otherwise....

naimex
16-10-04, 16:51
theres an npc selling lvl 2 implants at escador..

dont know if its only brain imps or if he sells eyes and boosters aswell tho..

Spermy
16-10-04, 16:52
Whom do I have to beg to get myself a simple tangent minilauncher pistol??

Erm... Go visit an OP and buy one from yo's for the minilauncher.

Bout 11k

Spermy
16-10-04, 16:52
theres an npc selling lvl 2 implants at escador..

dont know if its only brain imps or if he sells eyes and boosters aswell tho..

Great stuff - Maybe I'll pay him a visit - Oh... Wait! I'm biotech!

*Calls his clannies up*

jini
16-10-04, 17:03
Erm... Go visit an OP and buy one from yo's for the minilauncher.

Bout 11k
You sure it's the tangenet one? It was supposed to be sold by TT FSM. Going to check an op...

Mr Kot
16-10-04, 17:09
It's all part of the fun, guys!

In addition to the run-of-the-mill PvP and OP wars and missions etc. they have added new things to do in NC2. One is the WoC, the other seems to be a game of hide'n'seek.

Certain items are meant to be deliberately hard to find, to encourage more player to player trade. There are loads of people out there who can get the stuff you want - at a price. However, for the truly desperate, KK have included some nice, but "secret" ways of getting hold of items that aren't generally available. Smugglers can be found in the strangest of places, accessible to most factions, and there is often more than one smuggler that sells the one item you want - you just have to find him.

I've been exploring the place for ages now, and there's no feeling in the world like finding some "easter egg", secret door, secret room or smuggler that you never knew existed.

So on to the duranium boots question. I have just logged on to double check that things haven't changed in a patch, and i can confirm that there are two, yes TWO smugglers who sell all duranium boots other than the one in MB. There may be people out there who don't want me to spoil their little treasure hunt, so i won't post the locations here, but if u PM me i'll tell you privately where they are. They are both accessible by TG with care.

Apart from the A&W shop and the smuggler that sells the basic mini-rocketlauncher, there is another smuggler who sells ALL the tech levels of mini rocket launchers. You'll just have to find him. I've noticed that there is some link between where items were available in NC1 to where similar stuff can be bought now. Maybe that's enough of a clue for you. Again, if u PM me privately, i'll tell you exactly where he is.

[edit] For those who don't want to go to Escador oasis to find lvl 2 brain imps, there are at least THREE smugglers that i know of closer to NC. Two of them are within Neocron itself, but i'm not gonna tell you where. :p You will have to explore the place like i did. ;)

As for level 2 eyes and spines, my clan will have those for sale shortly. Just keep watching the trade channels.

msdong
16-10-04, 17:30
so there is no freakin tradeskiller in NC that is able to provide ppl with stuff?

im unclaned and have no problems in getting stuff. lots of stuff isnt easy to get but my tradeskiller is slowly building up a database of "most wanted equipment".
just remember - everyone slowly recover from heaving nothing at all. until everyone adapt to the situation of having a tradeskiller repair instead if dropping old armour it will get a little harder but its not unfair.

Xylaz
16-10-04, 17:31
It's all part of the fun, guys!

In addition to the run-of-the-mill PvP and OP wars and missions etc. they have added new things to do in NC2. One is the WoC, the other seems to be a game of hide'n'seek.

Certain items are meant to be deliberately hard to find, to encourage more player to player trade. There are loads of people out there who can get the stuff you want - at a price. However, for the truly desperate, KK have included some nice, but "secret" ways of getting hold of items that aren't generally available. Smugglers can be found in the strangest of places, accessible to most factions, and there is often more than one smuggler that sells the one item you want - you just have to find him.

ooooh great, hide-and-seek you say?
PM me then oooh pretty please where i can buy reflex 4 booster, exp reflex 4, dex 3 backbone, strenghten heart 2, filter heart 2, rifle combateye 2, pistolcombat eye 2... I'll pay you for an info where to get it...

...because unfortunately i'm not very fond of this hide and seek game as half of my characters are simply incompleted & immobile without those imps...

Spoon
16-10-04, 17:45
i get a pair from a clannie, was gonna research them, BUT NUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO they cannot be fucking researched either, are dura boots now a faction item or something ?
Why is it so hard to obtain items now.
Why is it that the majority of dispensable items can not be researched anymore, Ammo, most armour etc.

It's just down right retarded, that some of the armor can not be built by players,
considering the insane amount of armor parts dropped by mobs....
gee, that makes alot of sense.... :rolleyes:

But, yeah, like Mr. Kot said there are a couple of places you can still buy them....

Jesterthegreat
16-10-04, 17:47
its fine as it is.

dickheads who make enemies with everyone will get fuck all trades.

ok... some items seem unavailable, but that isnt due to the iem distribution system, it seems to be the whole "level 3 imps missing" thing again

Spermy
16-10-04, 18:07
ooooh great, hide-and-seek you say?
PM me then oooh pretty please where i can buy reflex 4 booster, exp reflex 4, dex 3 backbone, strenghten heart 2, filter heart 2, rifle combateye 2, pistolcombat eye 2... I'll pay you for an info where to get it...

...because unfortunately i'm not very fond of this hide and seek game as half of my characters are simply incompleted & immobile without those imps...

Well that would be your shitty setup.

If I could get hold of my capped chars and my mids, I'd have no problems using them - I'd just have to switch to Biotech to get some level 3's then I can hunt and get a hold of the implants again.

Unfortunately - i'm not going to shell out for a second account.

Xylaz
16-10-04, 18:25
paying 100k (Terra) for info about where to get the abovementioned items...

PM me

Mr Kot
16-10-04, 18:45
Just in case you missed it the first time:

As for level 2 eyes and spines, my clan will have those for sale shortly. Just keep watching the trade channels.

A PM is on its way to you, Xylaz.

[edit]

dickheads who make enemies with everyone will get fuck all trades.

Thanks for that. I meant to say something similar in my first post. I think is part of KK's "grand plan" of encouraging player to player trade. Even hostile factions will have to negotiate with one another to get what they want. The person you gank today may be the person who has your filter heart 2 tomorrow. There are already people in my "black book" who i won't give jack shit to, no matter how much they're paying.

Nc TrIX
16-10-04, 19:06
Yeah, im allways loosing armour, and can never seem to find any to buy back :(

Jesterthegreat
16-10-04, 20:42
dont get me wrong... i have kileld both pro NC and pro doy so far...

SovKhan
17-10-04, 00:33
can you bp the tank armor's? not the PA but the regular armor?

Pro-City monks sorta got it bad for PA3's since only crahn fsm sells them.

Opar
17-10-04, 00:42
Why did they need to tweak the friggin trade system?

If it aint broken, DONT FIX IT.

jernau
17-10-04, 00:51
I didn't think you could ever BP Duranium 4 armour.

Personally I think the new item distribution system is terrible. This was clear in beta and many people highlighted glaring faults then which are still present.

It's not helped by being bugged to hell and back and missing huge and critical components either.

I can't believe someone sane, sober and rational actually planned it out and thought it would be a good idea. I've never seen anything so contradictory and destructive in my life that wasn't part of a religious doctrine.

Glok
17-10-04, 00:57
I just want to see the fucking Faction Construction Licenses GONE. :mad:

edit: For weapons that is. Rare CPUs and the machina gloves are fine. But batch building high level stuff is a fucking pain in the ass. Bigtime.

GIJ0e
17-10-04, 00:57
the trade system will not work for one reason, anti city dont have anything worth trading, level 3 imps are far more important to people than a few drugs, so you get the situation on pandore, they refuse to sell to any none city faction(very strong RP on the server), what we gonna do? hold back on the nightspider? whoaaa . the only option is to role an alt and get him to the required symp. lets put it like this a lot of my clan (4 at the last count) have started trial accounts simply to get the imps they need / want

i am all for player trade, but for it to actually work and be fair each tradee needs to offer somthing the other one wants, and atm that isnt the case. balance out the goodies and maybe you'd see more trade, instead of timesinkery

and dont get me started on the completely pointless anti city epic "rewards" the crahn glove is the only one even remotely worth the hassle of completing the epic for

the black dragon reward is an absolute joke, at least the weapon rewards for other factions are useful for levelling, you cant even sell the drugs you get for decent money as they are low shitty drugs and not even rare or expensive :(

Glok
17-10-04, 01:00
and dont get me started on the completely pointless anti city epic "rewards" the crahn glove is the only one even remotely worth the hassle of completing the epic forI happen to consider the FA epic chip to be very valuable. And the TSU epic rifle is pretty nice too, especially for PEs.

GIJ0e
17-10-04, 01:02
I happen to consider the FA epic chip to be very valuable. And the TSU epic rifle is pretty nice too, especially for PEs.

its not of massive use compared to a moveon or pp resistor though is it? whats it add? 10 to each tradeskill? i forget

tsu epic rifle - much use for PVP?

thankfully you dont deny the BD epic reward is shit
;)

Drake_Riven
17-10-04, 01:51
I think many of you are all crying too much. KK takes things in a new direction and you instantly complain. I have killed so many rats and it's my oppinion that the newbie game sucks, but I can live with that as long as the end game isn't a walk over where everything is served on a silver platter.

I think if there was a company who discovered how to keep the game chalenging and requiring the players to keep doing things while playing the game... they would earn lots of money.

In all the MMORPG I have played there isn't any real end game... there is just the end, where you have everything and need nothing.

Anything to make the game more challenging and keep players active is good. I know it sucks when you can't find the item you need... BUT it's a game and if you could press a button and be instantly capped and have the best equipment would you then use that button? Why do you even play games?

Mr_Snow
17-10-04, 02:45
Theres a difference between challanging and a pain in the bollux, NC is currently a pain in the bollux rather then challenging.

Killfly
17-10-04, 03:01
I think the new emphasis on finding items and trading is good for the game... PvP is all well and good, but the game is also about character development and role-playing, and the new format encourages exploration and interaction to these ends...

It won't be long before all the items that we're used to having easy access to will be easy to get again, and then it'll just be back to 'easily complete your setup and PvP the day away' for some people...

I'm enjoying these days very much.

Btw, there's an imp vendor in Outzone 1 that sells level 1 and 2 imps in case anyone hasn't found it... Boosters are still somewhat elusive, but we'll soon find them...

Jesterthegreat
17-10-04, 16:00
the trade system will not work for one reason, anti city dont have anything worth trading, level 3 imps are far more important to people than a few drugs, so you get the situation on pandore, they refuse to sell to any none city faction(very strong RP on the server), what we gonna do? hold back on the nightspider? whoaaa . the only option is to role an alt and get him to the required symp. lets put it like this a lot of my clan (4 at the last count) have started trial accounts simply to get the imps they need / want

i am all for player trade, but for it to actually work and be fair each tradee needs to offer somthing the other one wants, and atm that isnt the case. balance out the goodies and maybe you'd see more trade, instead of timesinkery

and dont get me started on the completely pointless anti city epic "rewards" the crahn glove is the only one even remotely worth the hassle of completing the epic for

the black dragon reward is an absolute joke, at least the weapon rewards for other factions are useful for levelling, you cant even sell the drugs you get for decent money as they are low shitty drugs and not even rare or expensive :(

ask around... find out how many people rely on drugs?

find out how many people use high level psi spells?

find out how many people use psi PA? (1/2 in crahn HQ smuggler, 3/4 in crahn HQ FSM)

find out how many people want a crahn gauntlet?

im not saying its perfect, im satying its not as imbalanced as you are making out.

:edit:

must i point out DRE epic reward?

next epic reward? (good for some people, worthless for the majority)

dont act like its only DoY that have shit epics

Maxwell Smart
17-10-04, 17:20
Theres a difference between challanging and a pain in the bollux, NC is currently a pain in the bollux rather then challenging.

Correct. And since I am sure that NC2 is a dead game, I just canceled my account.

Isn't it amazing? NC1 was pretty playable at the end - the faction system worked. You knew your spots for killing people (I was a sniper). What was wrong was more content, some more gadgets and but the level of bugs was "okay".

And now? Treatmills left and right, bugs from hell, 50-70% of all ppl left. Most play makers are gone.

Its no fun anymore - and it is boring.

NC1 WAS one of the best games I played - ever. But its dead now.

I am a bit sad, but like so many others: ENOUGH is ENOUGH!

Maxwell Smart
The Spy That Searches for Something new.

J. Folsom
17-10-04, 17:23
Nevermind. I don't feel like being that kind of jerk.

Shinto
17-10-04, 17:26
shame KK dont open source NC1 and let the community have at it, i bet it would be lot more fun than this NC2 crap

im still here cos basically theres fuck all else out there that i want to spend time playing

jernau
17-10-04, 17:50
shame KK dont open source NC1 and let the community have at it
That is just about the only way I could see things being any worse than they are now.

Spermy
17-10-04, 17:52
Aye - It'll just be turned into neostrike - or countercron.

Dya know what I heard in plaza today?

Some absolute tit whining because you should be able to plant bombs - and buy all the equiment right from the off and go kill people... :wtf:

*dies*

Seven
17-10-04, 20:47
Personally I think the new item distribution system is terrible. This was clear in beta and many people highlighted glaring faults then which are still present.

It's not helped by being bugged to hell and back and missing huge and critical components either.

I can't believe someone sane, sober and rational actually planned it out and thought it would be a good idea. I've never seen anything so contradictory and destructive in my life that wasn't part of a religious doctrine.

Word!