PDA

View Full Version : res/cst missions: nice !

nobody2004
16-10-04, 15:27
Originally Posted by Lupus
With Patch 113-114 the rewards were increased. Items from TL10 to TL110 give rewards based on a 100% pass rate. TL120 on a 90% rate, TL130 70%, TL140 50%, TL150 30%.

I like those missions, especially as I'm a droner, so presently they represent the only way for me to xp ...

Here are some questions/facts, I would very much appreciate Lupus or someone from the QA team or anybody else (if limited to factual aspects) to comment.

DISCLAIMER: This thread is not aimed at hurting anyone's personal feeling, nor to "bash" KK or any one else.
It is a tentative at helping KK make the game better, nothing more, nothing less.
Clear answers (or lack there of) will be an indication for me whether or not this was worth the time I spent on it, nothing more, nothing less.

(Let's see if this disclaimer does any good ... :lol: :lol: :lol:
And I hope some day soon we will be able to interact with each other without the need for the above disclaimer ...).

All "very hard" missions TL 130-TL150 require 62 symp.
Is this intentional ?
What about having TL 120 missions require a little less than TL 150 ones ?

2. All "hard" missions TL 100 - TL 120 require 40 symp.
That's a huge gap from 40 symp to 62 !
Is this intentional ?

With my 56 symp, I'll have to do quiet some "hard" missions just to be allowed to do the "very hard" ones (the final goal for me being to get 90 symp).

3. Completing the mission didn't do my symp any good.
(I suppose this is intentional, and will continue testing to see if completing more missions does help).
/Update
On the third TL 120 res mission I took, I got a message stating I gained a little symp with NEXT, yet my symp hasn't changed (still 56), BUT my clan symp has changed (and is now 57).
Might this be the old bug were faction symp and clan symp are permuted ?
Is it just a display bug ? /end update

How many missions per symp lvl are we supposed to complete (avg number, I'm not looking for an exact number ...) ?
(Mind sharing the number ? If it's considered a "secret" forget about my request).

4. Completing the mission with one of the datacube still in the processor windows and the original bp also still in the processor window gives following result:

a. 3x msg stating that: "You gave away bp bla bla bla"
b. NPC stating that: "These bp' are not too easy to produce, ey? Just keep on trying".
Mission does not succeed.

Thankfully the bp's are still in the inventory (allthough the msgs state the opposite) so removing the bp's from the processor window corrects the problem.
Not such an important problem, I know.
But as I just faced it, I though might be worth mentioning.

5. On the third "hard" research mission I took, res. dir. Mel'Opar Quaid immediatly stated "Mission objective successfull".
The mission was still doable, and completed successfully.

6. Ressing a tl 120 item is VERY slow (65 s).
Can't imagine how it must feel for the tl 150 missions ... :lol:
Is this intentional ?

7. Ressing the tl 120 items brings following xp:

Missing int to next lvl at start: 12'477'568
After 1st res missing int: 12'400'576
After 2nd: 12'362'080
After 3rd: 12'323'584
which gives an average 50k / res

Not too bad, but certainly not a solution for me to xp my missing 12M xp ...
(235 missions requiring each 3 res taking each 65s = 45'825 s, or 763 min, or 12h (not taking into account the time needed to take the mission, walk to the coresponding npc, then walk to the other npc, hand over the bp's and start it all over again).

8. When I handed over the bp's, I was theoratically given an xtra 900 xp points (for having completed the mission).
Not that 900 xp will make a big difference here :lol: BUT my missing int was reset to: 12'361'184 !!!
Likely a bug ?

So all together I only won 116k xp.
Don't worry, I will spare you the update on what it would NOW cost me in terms of missions to reach my next lvl :D :D

That's it for now ...
Hope hear from you soon :)

KRIMINAL99
16-10-04, 18:36
Well damn I feel like a flaming jack butt. They had the missions missing for DOY factions forever because they were supposed to make them viable for tradeskillers to use only them to level, and I also heard they increased the xp a while back so I deleted my pistol powered tradeskillers. And now I see this?

Tell me something though- Whats your skill and whats your INT level ? Do you have all your points in research, do you have lots of imps etc?

I ask because from what I have seen you pretty much can cover your costs including losses taking missions where your res skill is 1.5 times the mission level. My char for instance does tl 90 missions at INT 24 or something at a faction owned op with construct skill booster 1 (He has ~135 skill)

If your character is like lvl 65 INT and doing 120's perhaps thats part of the problem. Is that whats going on?

The faction sympathies go up pretty quickly once you get into th emissions.

nobody2004
16-10-04, 18:58
Tell me something though- Whats your skill and whats your INT level ? Do you have all your points in research, do you have lots of imps etc?

I ask because from what I have seen you pretty much can cover your costs including losses taking missions where your res skill is 1.5 times the mission level. My char for instance does tl 90 missions at INT 24 or something at a faction owned op with construct skill booster 1 (He has ~135 skill)

If your character is like lvl 65 INT and doing 120's perhaps thats part of the problem. Is that whats going on?

The faction sympathies go up pretty quickly once you get into the missions.

Good point, I forgot to mention:

That char has:
134 INT (out of which +35 from imps/gantlet)
156 res (out of which +50 from imps/gantlet)

Spoon
16-10-04, 19:13
I don't think those missions are worth it, unless your a pure tradeskiller..
It's easier and quicker to just do Cyclops missions if your a combat character...

4k reward for TL 110 "Hard" mission?....I go through more lube on it, than it's worth(even if I buy the Gel at an OP)....
My researcher is TL150, 80ish INT, and I'm glad I didn't gimp his weaponLore, because combat is still the only way to truely level....

It's just another NERF, considering the Very Hard missions used to be a TL 83 or 82 item....

nobody2004
16-10-04, 19:20
I don't think those missions are worth it, unless your a pure tradeskiller..
It's easier and quicker to just do Cyclops missions if your a combat character...

4k reward for TL 110 "Hard" mission?....I go through more lube on it, than it's worth(even if I buy the Gel at an OP)....
My researcher is TL150, 80ish INT, and I'm glad I didn't gimp his weaponLore, because combat is still the only way to truely level....

It's just another NERF, considering the Very Hard missions used to be a TL 83 or 82 item....

I never said that I WANT to do those missions !
I just hapen to be a droner ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoon
16-10-04, 19:29
I never said that I WANT to do those missions !
I just hapen to be a droner ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Researcher and a Droner?...ouch.....

I have a CST droner, I'm going to try and do missions with later, hopefully the CST missions aren't as bad as the RES missions(at least constructing is as slow of a process)...

Researching is insanely slow and tedious to begin with, having the process fail, and use up 30 to 40 units of Gel on top of it, just makes me want to rip my fingernails out....

Spermy
16-10-04, 19:35
I dunno - I was quite happy to have a cuppa, put some music on and just doss about doing ress missions - it did fail on the higher missions - but I never failed on a TL20 - This is on a fresh Character.

Taking a TL30 mission took about 2 times longer than a TL 20 - Paid 25 more XP and 200 More Credits. It also used Gel.

2 TLs in the same time gave me 50 more XP and 400 more credits than doing a TL30 in roughly the same time frame - Every few missions - to get a little extra - I'd take a TL50 - which would pay a good amount towards getting my gel.

Consters Are pretty Okay to level too.

I would say that it makes it easdier to be a tradeskiller - but still on a par with leveling as any other proffession.

Three thumbs up KK.

Richard Angelus
16-10-04, 19:51
there is just one thing to say....
30k Credits reward for the TL 150 Ress Mission :D

nobody2004
16-10-04, 20:13
Researcher and a Droner?...ouch.....

STOP making fun of me !!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dirus
16-10-04, 20:17
Originally Posted by Lupus
With Patch 113-114 the rewards were increased. Items from TL10 to TL110 give rewards based on a 100% pass rate. TL120 on a 90% rate, TL130 70%, TL140 50%, TL150 30%.

I like those missions, especially as I'm a droner, so presently they represent the only way for me to xp ...

I'll mention here that The pass/fail rates were determined by using a Character with 125INT & 250 RES as it better suits a "pure" tradeskill character. This is also not final.

All "very hard" missions TL 130-TL150 require 62 symp.
Is this intentional ?
What about having TL 120 missions require a little less than TL 150 ones ?

2. All "hard" missions TL 100 - TL 120 require 40 symp.
That's a huge gap from 40 symp to 62 !
Is this intentional ?

With my 56 symp, I'll have to do quiet some "hard" missions just to be allowed to do the "very hard" ones (the final goal for me being to get 90 symp).

3. Completing the mission didn't do my symp any good.
(I suppose this is intentional, and will continue testing to see if completing more missions does help).
/Update
On the third TL 120 res mission I took, I got a message stating I gained a little symp with NEXT, yet my symp hasn't changed (still 56), BUT my clan symp has changed (and is now 57).
Is it just a display bug ? /end update

How many missions per symp lvl are we supposed to complete (avg number, I'm not looking for an exact number ...) ?
(Mind sharing the number ? If it's considered a "secret" forget about my request).

The Sympathy Requirements, nor their reward towards FS have not been changed from their original levels/amount. They will most likely be changed to a sliding scale based on TL.

4. Completing the mission with one of the datacube still in the processor windows and the original bp also still in the processor window gives following result:

b. NPC stating that: "These bp' are not too easy to produce, ey? Just keep on trying".

Thankfully the bp's are still in the inventory (allthough the msgs state the opposite) so removing the bp's from the processor window corrects the problem.
But as I just faced it, I though might be worth mentioning.[/QUOTE}

This I'm assuming is due to the NPC taking the BP from your processor like you said, with the Server telling the NPC afterwards it's not allowed to, which it's not.

[QUOTE]5. On the third "hard" research mission I took, res. dir. Mel'Opar Quaid immediatly stated "Mission objective successfull".
The mission was still doable, and completed successfully.

What faction?

6. Ressing a tl 120 item is VERY slow (65 s).
Can't imagine how it must feel for the tl 150 missions ... :lol:
Is this intentional ?

Time depends on your character. It takes me with INT125 & RES250 66s to research a TL150 Item.

Also I figured I'd tackle a little myth here as well. In a Research vs Construction comparision where time is concerned, research is not that much slower then construction is when you compare them at equal levels, in fact in some cases it can be faster. And by Equal levels I mean going by the hidden level which you can determine by using the skill guide.

Resarch = 0.3INT 0.7RES
Construction = 0.15INT 0.25DEX 0.5CST

That means if you take two characters one with INT100 & RES100, and comapre it againsta character with INT100, DEX100 & CST100. They both have a hidden skill of 100.

Now for the compairisons:

TL50 Mini Rocket Launcher

Res Time (1) = 15s Res Time (10) = 150s
Con Time (1) = 11s Con Time (10) = 128s

TL75 Plasma Turret MKII

Res Time (1) = 22s Res Time (10) = 220s
Con Time (1) = 30s Con Time (10) = 318s

TL100 Gatlin Turret MKIII

Res Time (1) = 59s Res Time (10) = 590s
Con Time (1) = 58s Con Time (10) = 598s

First thing you'll notice is that the 10 batches of CST seem to have more time added, this is because it takes an additional 2s or so for each build after the first, or 18s to build another 9 due to having to remove the empty blueprint and replace it with a new one on avg.

The only advantage Construction has over Research atm is the fail rate is not as much at the higher levels. Which is not a point that has been forgotten so don't worry too much about it.

7. Ressing the tl 120 items brings following xp:

Missing int to next lvl at start: 12'477'568
After 1st res missing int: 12'400'576
After 2nd: 12'362'080
After 3rd: 12'323'584
which gives an average 50k / res

Not too bad, but certainly not a solution for me to xp my missing 12M xp ...
(235 missions requiring each 3 res taking each 65s = 45'825 s, or 763 min, or 12h (not taking into account the time needed to take the mission, walk to the coresponding npc, then walk to the other npc, hand over the bp's and start it all over again).

8. When I handed over the bp's, I was theoratically given an xtra 900 xp points (for having completed the mission).
Not that 900 xp will make a big difference here :lol: BUT my missing int was reset to: 12'361'184 !!!
Likely a bug ?

Likely a Server vs Client argument coupled with a anti-macro protection code. I'll look into this some more later on.

On a related note, I figured I'd give some information on where I'm hoping to go with these new tradeskill missions and their items. The Research & Construction Items themselves are basically pretty self explainitory. However something that people may have not noticed yet since only a few items are currently setup this way, that the lower items combine to create the higher TL items.

I.e. the TL150 S.T.O.R.M. Bot Ex-S Master O.S. Circuitry CA item is built with the following:

TL140 S.T.O.R.M. Bot Ex-S Power G&C Unit made by CA
TL130 S.T.O.R.M. Bot Communications System made by CA
TL120 S.T.O.R.M. Bot Ethics Chip made by CA
TL130 S.T.O.R.M. Bot B-P.S. Reg.# STRM-84262867-2R made by BT
TL150 S.T.O.R.M. Bot M.Ff.Nn.S. Reg. #872-S54M4-R-R made by BT

When the main Research/Construction items are given a name/description, the recycle mission items(which is not ingame yet, but will goto TL150 as well) will take over creating the subitems for the main items where needed.

Once the tradeskill missions are done, I was looking at tying the items into other types of missions, like a V.Hard TG Smuggler mission, where the player has to get into Pepper Park or somehwere in the city of neocron, meet an "TG-CA Spy" npc or player, and get a CopBot communications chip to take back to TG for espionage purposes.

Also if anyone has any ideas for items that currently don't have a name, I'm open to suggestions ;)

msdong
16-10-04, 20:33
...When the main Research/Construction items are given a name/description, the recycle mission items(which is not ingame yet, but will goto TL150 as well) will take over creating the subitems for the main items where needed.

Once the tradeskill missions are done, I was looking at tying the items into other types of missions, like a V.Hard TG Smuggler mission, where the player has to get into Pepper Park or somehwere in the city of neocron, meet an "TG-CA Spy" npc or player, and get a CopBot communications chip to take back to TG for espionage purposes.....

WOW - NICE

nobody2004
16-10-04, 21:09
Is it just a display bug ?

I confirm this :( :( :(

And it's not just a display bug.

I now got 56(63) NEXT symp, from my original 56(56).

Can't take "very hard" research mission (requires 62 symp).

Complains that "Your faction sympathy is too low".

So research mission definitly increase your clan symp instead of the faction symp.

Richard Angelus
16-10-04, 21:29
I confirm this :( :( :(

And it's not just a display bug.

I now got 56(63) NEXT symp, from my original 56(56).

Can't take "very hard" research mission (requires 62 symp).

Complains that "Your faction sympathy is too low".

So research mission definitly increase your clan symp instead of the faction symp.
the Mission look at your Clansymp not at your Symp
look at the Symp in Citycom Clanadmin

PS: thanks for this info Lupus....sounds very nice

nobody2004
16-10-04, 21:50
That's interaction :)
And you don't know how good it feels :) :) :)
So it WAS worth the time I spent ! :cool:

I'll mention here that The pass/fail rates were determined by using a Character with 125INT & 250 RES as it better suits a "pure" tradeskill character. This is also not final.
Fair enough.

The Sympathy Requirements, nor their reward towards FS have not been changed from their original levels/amount. They will most likely be changed to a sliding scale based on TL.
Agreed.

But as I just faced it, I though might be worth mentioning.

This I'm assuming is due to the NPC taking the BP from your processor like you said, with the Server telling the NPC afterwards it's not allowed to, which it's not.

What faction?
NEXT, on Pandore.

Time depends on your character. It takes me with INT125 & RES250 66s to research a TL150 Item.
Isn't that a "little" too long ?
Actually I DO like it, because I usually do it late at night, when I can't sleep, with a good book on my knees, but, is that really the way it is supposed to work ? :D

Also I figured I'd tackle a little myth here as well. In a Research vs Construction comparision where time is concerned, research is not that much slower then construction is when you compare them at equal levels, in fact in some cases it can be faster. And by Equal levels I mean going by the hidden level which you can determine by using the skill guide.

Resarch = 0.3INT 0.7RES
Construction = 0.15INT 0.25DEX 0.5CST

That means if you take two characters one with INT100 & RES100, and comapre it againsta character with INT100, DEX100 & CST100. They both have a hidden skill of 100.

Now for the compairisons:

TL50 Mini Rocket Launcher

Res Time (1) = 15s Res Time (10) = 150s
Con Time (1) = 11s Con Time (10) = 128s

TL75 Plasma Turret MKII

Res Time (1) = 22s Res Time (10) = 220s
Con Time (1) = 30s Con Time (10) = 318s

TL100 Gatlin Turret MKIII

Res Time (1) = 59s Res Time (10) = 590s
Con Time (1) = 58s Con Time (10) = 598s

First thing you'll notice is that the 10 batches of CST seem to have more time added, this is because it takes an additional 2s or so for each build after the first, or 18s to build another 9 due to having to remove the empty blueprint and replace it with a new one on avg.

The only advantage Construction has over Research atm is the fail rate is not as much at the higher levels. Which is not a point that has been forgotten so don't worry too much about it.

Fair enough.
"due to having to remove the empty blueprint"
You don't have to !
But ch......t, don't tell anyone I told you ... :D

By the way, talking about "batch load", no way a cst could load it's processor window with bp's, or a resser with parts to ID, click go and just enjoy a movie ?!? :D :D

Likely a Server vs Client argument coupled with a anti-macro protection code.
Makes sense.

I'll look into this some more later on.
Thanks for your time.

On a related note, I figured I'd give some information on where I'm hoping to go with these new tradeskill missions and their items.
Unrequested information ?!?
Am I still talking to KK here ?!?
(Above two "easy picks" are intent as "jokes".
If you don't find them "funny", please disgard them.
If you feel they hurt you personnaly, please accept my apologies).

POOOOWWWAAAA !
Keep up the good mood :) :)

The Research & Construction Items themselves are basically pretty self explainitory. However something that people may have not noticed yet since only a few items are currently setup this way, that the lower items combine to create the higher TL items.
DIDN'T find out, nor even though about it !!! :lol:
mmm
Where are you leading us here ?

'Interested'
'Listens carefully'

I.e. the TL150 S.T.O.R.M. Bot Ex-S Master O.S. Circuitry CA item is built with the following:

TL140 S.T.O.R.M. Bot Ex-S Power G&C Unit made by CA
TL130 S.T.O.R.M. Bot Communications System made by CA
TL120 S.T.O.R.M. Bot Ethics Chip made by CA
TL130 S.T.O.R.M. Bot B-P.S. Reg.# STRM-84262867-2R made by BT
TL150 S.T.O.R.M. Bot M.Ff.Nn.S. Reg. #872-S54M4-R-R made by BT

When the main Research/Construction items are given a name/description, the recycle mission items(which is not ingame yet, but will goto TL150 as well) will take over creating the subitems for the main items where needed.
Anyway we could potentially even make something usefull out of those items ?
(Not really sure what a "TL150 S.T.O.R.M. Bot Ex-S Master O.S. Circuitry CA item" is, so maybe it allready IS "usefull" but I just don't know ... :lol: :lol: )
But I'm thinking about the following:
When completing a mission, we would keep the corresponding bp (for resser).
If we'd hand this bp to a cst, he could then construct something usefull with it (like a part of SF or part of ICE breaker (or an ICE breaker itself if YOU whish ;) ;)).

Once the tradeskill missions are done, I was looking at tying the items into other types of missions, like a V.Hard TG Smuggler mission, where the player has to get into Pepper Park or somehwere in the city of neocron, meet an "TG-CA Spy" npc or player, and get a CopBot communications chip to take back to TG for espionage purposes.
Sounds nice :)

Also if anyone has any ideas for items that currently don't have a name, I'm open to suggestions ;)
^^

Again, thanks for taking the time to talk to us :)
Warm regards,

nobody2004
16-10-04, 21:58
the Mission look at your Clansymp not at your Symp
look at the Symp in Citycom Clanadmin

Richard, looks like you missed something here.
I started with 56(56).
Did res mission in order to increase my FACTION symp (that's what missions are supposed to do, right ?).

Ended up with 56(63) ...
So the mission DOES look at clan symp, and it's the way it is intent to work.
But I didn't expect missions to raise my CLAN symp, but my FACTION symp ...

So today I should have 63(56), and I should be able to do "very hard" missions which require 62 FACTION symp.

Richard Angelus
16-10-04, 22:03
hmmmmm isn't the number in () your own Symp to Faction?
i though it was so

/Edit: the Number in () is your own Symp...so everything is fine, isn't it?

Spermy
16-10-04, 22:39
Well if it looks at clan symp - it's dynamic isn't it - depending on what the rest of your clan are up to - it could vary wildly - so when you start it may well be that number - but if it does change while the mission is underway - then that could be whats causing the discrepencies... BUT

AFAICT - people seem to be divided over what influences what... :(

nobody2004
16-10-04, 22:40
hmmmmm isn't the number in () your own Symp to Faction?
i though it was so

/Edit: the Number in () is your own Symp...so everything is fine, isn't it?

lol

To my knowledge, 56 (63) SHOULD mean 56 symp with my FACTION, and 63 with my CLAN.

There used to be a bug in nc1, where these 2 numbers where inverted.
So I first though this was the case here.

But either way.
Correct me if I'm wrong please :lol:

What are missions for ?
To increase your FACTION symp, not your CLAN symp, right ?
(Or did I get everything wrong in the first place :lol: )

If I do missions, and the number in () increases from (56) to (63), then I can assume this should be the FACTION symp, right ?
So there may (or may not) be a display bug here, but we asssume I DO now HAVE 63 FACTION symp, right ?

If I DO have 63 FACTION symp, then I shall be allowed to do "very hard" missions, which require 62 FACTION symp, right ?

So why does it complain that "Your faction sympathy is too low" ?!? :confused:

"so everything is fine, isn't it?"
Well not exactly unless we re-define what "fine" stands for :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spermy
16-10-04, 22:41
*My brain a-splode*

nobody2004
16-10-04, 22:52
*My brain a-splode*

lol, so did mine when I tried to make my point.

Now I just hope I didn't miss-typed something here otherwise we're screwed !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOST
16-10-04, 23:02
Thats pretty kick-ass Lupus.:)

Give that man a Kinder egg. (Hope its a toy you build - they're much better :D )

About where your taking these missions....As your example is City based I assume that it is the same 'Anti-city' but not storm bot more 'Defender Unit'.
Is it possible to record how many missions are completed by the relevant city...You could use this as a production line.

Brainport. High lvl Ress and Const (recycle too eventually) missions are combined to create Storm bots or Defender Units that can be made into a sector patrols or used for a city raid.

As you stated we stoopid Fools didnt notice the way each mission adds up. But they do. So after like 30 - 45 Ress, Con and Rec missions (10 -15 each) you have the components to make your bot.??? Clans could undertake such missions from their factions etc.... Anyway, i got all excited then...

whatcha reckon Lupus....gimme a sweetie for being great..:)
Edit: just read my last line.....it wasn't meant to be that way...;)

Richard Angelus
16-10-04, 23:07
you have Symp with your faction (the number in () )
your Clan have a Symp with your Faction too (the first Number)

you can only do very hard missions if your clan have the right symp to the faction (you are in)

Glok
16-10-04, 23:09
I might have missed someone who already stated it but it is "clanaveragesymp(yoursymp)" Obviously missions are currently using the clan average, but that is likely a bug. Otherwise very very few clans (or their members) could ever make use of their respective FSM.

edit: Heh, beaten to the punch. :p

nobody2004
16-10-04, 23:23
you have Symp with your faction (the number in () )
your Clan have a Symp with your Faction too (the first Number)

you can only do very hard missions if your clan have the right symp to the faction (you are in)

lol

Someone help me here ?!?
I can't any longer :lol: :lol:

Are mission's symp CLAN based or FACTION based ?

So if you're right Richard, I can't take "very hard" missions as long as my "CLAN" doesn't have the corresponding "FACTION" symp, right ?

An how does a CLAN raise it's FACTION symp ?!?

My understanding is that either one of the 2 numbers is MY CLAN symp, and the other one MY FACTION symp.

I don't understand why my CLAN symp should influence my FACTION missions.

But if you're right, if I continue to do missions based on what you call "CLAN" symp, at some point I'll get enough FACTION symp to talk to the FACTION NPC, right ?
(Which is all what really matters to me :lol: )

J. Folsom
16-10-04, 23:26
Clan sympathy is the average of the sympathy of it's members.

Mission requirements are based on your clans sympathy, but they're based on your personal sympathy when you're not in a clan.

For completion of missions, you get personal sympathy.

Glok
16-10-04, 23:37
To add to that, if ALL the members of your clan ran missions for your faction, then the clan sympathy to your faction would rise.

example: 5 clan members; faction symps 100, 95, 70, 40, 35; the clan symp would be 68 with your faction.

nobody2004
16-10-04, 23:48
Clan sympathy is the average of the sympathy of it's members.

Mission requirements are based on your clans sympathy, but they're based on your personal sympathy when you're not in a clan.

For completion of missions, you get personal sympathy.

Ok, so I stand corrected.
Thanks Richard for holding on your position. :D

But that doesn't make ANY sense to me ...

So I'm lucky my CLAN's symp is (at least) good enough for ME to do "hard" missions, right ?

And If I'd like to do "Very hard" missions, I'll have to leave my CLAN, correct ?
(Do I loose any symp by doing so ?
Too bad I can't hire myself back in, or I'd try it right away :D
(Not that I don't believe U, bu I like to touch things by myself :) )).

And thank God, Faction supply manager will check my "personnal" symp, and not my clan symp, right ?

Richard Angelus
16-10-04, 23:53
there is/was a bug (if it is one),
when you leave a Clan your symp get reseted to Clansymp

Glok
16-10-04, 23:55
And If I'd like to do "Very hard" missions, I'll have to leave my CLAN, correct ?I feel like Mr Invisible here. :p

All you have to do is convince your clanmates to do missions also to get the overall clan symp up. I hope you are in a small clan. :p

Richard Angelus
16-10-04, 23:59
my Clanleader just said this in NC1....
level your symp to TG or i'll kick you out of my clan (if your symp hasn't changed in 2 weeks)...something like that :D

PS: oh very hard research mission BP was always in clan apartment

nobody2004
17-10-04, 00:04
there is/was a bug (if it is one),
when you leave a Clan your symp get reseted to Clansymp

AAAARRRRRGGGGGGGG !!!

Tx :)

GOOOOOOOOOD I haven't tried ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

nobody2004
17-10-04, 00:06
I feel like Mr Invisible here. :p

All you have to do is convince your clanmates to do missions also to get the overall clan symp up. I hope you are in a small clan. :p

Hey you're right mate !

Actually, all I have to do is ban my clan mates !!! :p :p :p

What ?

This aint what you just said ?!?

:angel: :angel:

PS: By the way, good to see you "oldies" around ;)

KRIMINAL99
17-10-04, 01:02
Faction sympathy isn't really an issue especially if your a pure tradeskiller. You would have 100 sympathy before you get high enough to do the tl 90 missions...

Anyways nobody - 12 Hrs for the very last Stat point of INTELLIGENCE and your not even doing the highest level mission. That doesn't seem terrible. Hmm... I wonder how long it would take if you could do the 150 mission fairly succesfully over and over...

Anyways my dillemma is basically this... Before this the best way to level a tradeskiller was to put all your dex into pistol and tech combat (no weapon lore) and go hunt somewhere like CRP and just shoot the mobs that were busy attacking other players. Once you got to high levels you could team and get XP from there. In Neocron 1 I had a whole system of leveling a researcher/constructor/barter all at once- I collected high level imps and drugs with another character and set the 'skillers up so they could use equip like WAY past their level. Took like one days worth of playing to get each one to around level 65 and like 140 in their respective skills.

Now stuff is much harder to get for new players because its all faction specific, they nerfed making and selling items to NPC's for money, and theres so many tradeskill boosting items that its a waste to have so many tradeskill characters. So if its anywhere close to the same speed as using pistol, it'd be much better to use the missions. But even with all the changes pistol is still probably a pretty fast method... So I wonder

(Just giving the powergamers point of view, since thats often whats spreads to other players)

nobody2004
17-10-04, 02:02
Anyways nobody - 12 Hrs for the very last Stat point of INTELLIGENCE and your not even doing the highest level mission. That doesn't seem terrible. Hmm... I wonder how long it would take if you could do the 150 mission fairly succesfully over and over...

These are THEORETICAL and BEST values, and as mentionned, my projection doesn't take into account the time required to take the mission from the comcom, walk to the corresponding NPC to get the bp, do the res, walk to the other NPC to hand over the bp's, and then do it all over.
It also does not take into account the fail over rate, which is high.

Having done NOTHING but res mission for the last 12h or so, I can tell U I'm FAR from those values !!!

I managed to earn 2M xp, and 20 lvl symp ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Far, VERY far from what I would have reached in the same time, had they not nerfed my droner ...

And not to talk about pleasure, because I used to enjoy droning, where I consider it no real fun to hit <click> every 65s for 12h ...
(How many clicks is that ?!? :o :o :o )

Glok
17-10-04, 02:12
Don't forget repositioning your processor window every 5 clicks or so... :rolleyes:

nobody2004
17-10-04, 02:25
Don't forget repositioning your processor window every 5 clicks or so... :rolleyes:

lol

That's most likely WHY I got only 2M (instead of 12M) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Carinth
17-10-04, 04:19
Lupus, you're looking at the wrong speed : (

With construction, higher skill increases the speed with which you can construct items. With research this is also true but only up to a certain skill of res. It's been a long time but I think its somewhere around 100 or 150? You get no increase in speed by boosting your res above that. What that means is a tl 20 booster3 is 6seconds for a 150resser and is 6seconds for a 250resser. For construction, with enough skill you will reach the point where tl 20 booster3's are instant construct.

*that* is what the problem is with researcher's speed. It doesn't improve with skill.

66s for a tl150 item is incredibly fast btw, my resser takes somthin like 120seconds for a tl 110 : ( She has 120some int and a lil over 200 res..

Redd Harvest
17-10-04, 07:32
Just wanna w00t @ Lupus for communicating. I don't think I've ever seen this kind of interaction from KK b4, and it makes a hell of a difference.

Spermy
17-10-04, 10:43
Well, Twas a reasonable question - with nary a bitch in it.

See what ya get for being nice? :D

MrChumble
17-10-04, 11:05
Nice info Lupus, but as Carinth says you've measured the wrong thing :p

Construction is faster than research, you can post figures here all day but it doesn't change the reality. Until res skill has an effect on res speed it will always be painfully slow. It takes me about 2x as long to make holy shelter bps as it does to construct them, even allowing for swapping blueprints and shuffling parts between my gogo and my inventory. The res part is also about 10x as boring, and I don't get my name on the bps :(

Random idea: how about giving bps a quality status that affects slot chances?

KRIMINAL99
17-10-04, 20:37
These are THEORETICAL and BEST values, and as mentionned, my projection doesn't take into account the time required to take the mission from the comcom, walk to the corresponding NPC to get the bp, do the res, walk to the other NPC to hand over the bp's, and then do it all over.
It also does not take into account the fail over rate, which is high.

Having done NOTHING but res mission for the last 12h or so, I can tell U I'm FAR from those values !!!

I managed to earn 2M xp, and 20 lvl symp ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Far, VERY far from what I would have reached in the same time, had they not nerfed my droner ...

And not to talk about pleasure, because I used to enjoy droning, where I consider it no real fun to hit <click> every 65s for 12h ...
(How many clicks is that ?!? :o :o :o )

Yes but still as I said you aren't doing the highest missions and your trying to do the very last STAT point. To compare Id want to see the time with the highest mission level.

However if the highest mission level took 8 hours to complete, and the last 20 or so levels before that were pretty close in time, I would still have to say the missions are useless compared to pistol leveling. Also Lupus said the failure rate on the 150 missions was like freaking 70% with 250 res (near hardcap) which would slow down leveling considerably unless 150 items gave like 3x the xp as the high pass rate missions.

TBH I dont think you were actually doing res missions in those 12 hours because I capped my sympathy from 50 in a matter of a couple hours oO.

Dirus
17-10-04, 21:28
Nice info Lupus, but as Carinth says you've measured the wrong thing :p

Construction is faster than research, you can post figures here all day but it doesn't change the reality. Until res skill has an effect on res speed it will always be painfully slow. It takes me about 2x as long to make holy shelter bps as it does to construct them, even allowing for swapping blueprints and shuffling parts between my gogo and my inventory. The res part is also about 10x as boring, and I don't get my name on the bps :(

Random idea: how about giving bps a quality status that affects slot chances?

It does, just not as much of an effect at the top end, also whats your Res vs CON chars stats?

MrChumble
17-10-04, 21:51
It does, just not as much of an effect at the top end, also whats your Res vs CON chars stats?I really wonder if we play the same game :p

Resser is 120 INT, 110 or so DEX, 197 Res

CSTer is 99 INT, 130 DEX, 165 Cst

On identical tech level items the CSTer wins hands down. Low tech are done instantly and it only starts to become comparable in speed around TL 100+.

TL90 is approx half speed on the resser.

I'll do some tests at some point, these comparisons are fairly subjective. However there's no doubt that for anything commonly ressed/csted the cster comes out on top by a large margin.

Incidently while you're here, why do I get so little exp for cst missions? :D I'm trying to level my new cster purely by CST to test out all these missions...and it's so painfully slow. In the end I cheated and drafted in the cster above to do it for me.

For example with 80 CST and INT 15 it takes about 30 seconds to cst a TL50 item, and I get only 250 exp (including the 150 mission bonus) :(

NC has always been like this, most of the missions just aren't worth doing, the exp and money are all rubbish. Apart from the symp (and there are easier ways to get that) I can't see any point to the missions if they stay like this.

---------EDIT----------

Ok some figures:

TL30 60 90 120
RES 7s 13s 17s 48s
CST 0s 3s 13s 33s

As you can see the Resser gets consistently shafted, and bear in mind he's much closer to cap and has significantly more RES than the cster has CST.

Seems I was wrong about the TL90 thing, but these figures aren't precise as I don't have a stopwatch.

Konrad McKenzie
17-10-04, 23:52
I've just this minute finished doing 85 TL100 construction missions , and I have to say that this is definatly a step in the right direction.

before I started I had 48INT, 49DEX, 126CST and 1.5k cr, afterwards I had gone up 3 levels in both INT and DEX and had ammased 85k cr, so on average I was making 1k cr per mission.

The money's not great but there is definatly a profit there, the XP is unfortunatly far to low atm, you would have to do literaly 1000's of these missions to get a character to a stage when they could offer a good construction service (i.e cap non-rares) purly as a trade skiller.

For the TL100 missions I was getting approx 5k XP from the actual build, and 700 from the mission. I would had thought the the bulk of the xp should come from the mission itself rather than the build, so I suggest making the mission reward about 7k xp and keep the build XP the same. Obviously this is for the TL100 mission, all others should be scaled accordingly.

Kon

Dirus
18-10-04, 00:31
Thats pretty kick-ass Lupus.:)

Give that man a Kinder egg. (Hope its a toy you build - they're much better :D )

About where your taking these missions....As your example is City based I assume that it is the same 'Anti-city' but not storm bot more 'Defender Unit'.

It will be basically the same yes, tho maybe stuff like the Juggernaut parts vs STORM and Defense Bots vs CopBots.

Is it possible to record how many missions are completed by the relevant city...You could use this as a production line.

Not currently, but it's something that goes along with another idea of mine thats been kicking around in the hash out for presentation to KK phase.

Brainport. High lvl Ress and Const (recycle too eventually) missions are combined to create Storm bots or Defender Units that can be made into a sector patrols or used for a city raid.

As you stated we stoopid Fools didnt notice the way each mission adds up. But they do. So after like 30 - 45 Ress, Con and Rec missions (10 -15 each) you have the components to make your bot.??? Clans could undertake such missions from their factions etc.... Anyway, i got all excited then...

whatcha reckon Lupus....gimme a sweetie for being great..:)
Edit: just read my last line.....it wasn't meant to be that way...;)

I don't think you'll ever be able to build your own STORM Bots or anything like it. These items were more or less ment for mission item use only, and to give some of the game world's items a backstory, as well as help give reasons for why things are as they are in the game. Like the CopBot & STORM Bot Ethics chips referring to older versions malfunctioning in the wastes and units going rouge.

nobody2004
19-10-04, 14:28
I don't think you'll ever be able to build your own STORM Bots or anything like it. These items were more or less ment for mission item use only, and to give some of the game world's items a backstory, as well as help give reasons for why things are as they are in the game. Like the CopBot & STORM Bot Ethics chips referring to older versions malfunctioning in the wastes and units going rouge.

Too bad, I would have loved being able to put a STORM Bot in front of my door and/or to house a WB :( :lol:

On the topic res vs cst time.
The other day, me (res) and my frend cst did the same 120 tl mission in our NEXT HQ.

I was surprised to see him do nothing but run from NPC to NPC (obviously the time he required to cst was allmost null) where I spent 5mn average at the same mission.

Do cst need to cst 3 items as well ?
(As we do need to res 3 items)

Doesn't the example I give show a little to much of a difference ?