PDA

View Full Version : WoC and you.

Glok
16-10-04, 14:18
So we have some facts on WoC skills now, nothing daunting really except; getting double the xp of hard cap and possibly both main skills for that. I see that as basically a sign saying, sorry, you ain't getting it. I don't powerlevel, my monk has 87 million psi xp and 21 million int xp after some 6 months. I would imagine many runners are like me.

Thus this leetle poll. Do you think any of your chars will ever get a WoC level?

Idola
16-10-04, 14:23
I'm not sure on this, but didn't Reakktor mean you only needed twice the amount of experience that you needed for your "final" level? i.e. If you need four million experience points for the last level, then your WoC level will "only" need eight million?

Not too sure on this, but that's how I interpreted it.

Underground
16-10-04, 14:32
When I first went to Jupiter, I made a melee tank, he was softcapped in 3 days and hardcapped in 5. Ive softcapped a PE in 6 hours with cannings, However ive lost that urge to spend 6 hours in a bloody cave now :wtf: Tho atm as OP wars are out the question for me due to performance, i probably will end up with WOC on my tank.

J. Folsom
16-10-04, 14:34
I probably never will, unless I perhaps get around to playing a PE, since I might actually have the time to cap one of those.

XenivouS
16-10-04, 14:47
I probably will in about a year or so. :)

Glok
16-10-04, 14:48
LOL it might be 2 years for me.

Dribble Joy
16-10-04, 15:12
Are we TOTALLY sure you need 2x the total xp in the desired skill? and not just double the xp of the previous lvl?

Glok
16-10-04, 15:13
I recall Lupus stating that in some other thread. Maybe I'm barmy though.

Singularity
16-10-04, 15:17
double the xp of previous level i tought ... anyway the poll .. yeah ill have the psi one soon enuf if it doesnt need int cap and the str one soon if you dont need con :P

Dribble Joy
16-10-04, 15:18
Asking monks to get another 174 million xp in int and psi is frankly a bit daft (but something that KK might do).

MkVenner
16-10-04, 15:22
i reckon i might get the XP needed on one of my PEs....mebbe...

Xian
16-10-04, 15:22
On my PE, possibly, as the point cap isn't as high.

On my Tanks/Monk, no fucking way. I'm not bothered by leveling, as it's obviously part of the game. But another 172 million xp points for a single skill? You must be kidding me.

Glok
16-10-04, 15:25
I found the post by Lupus. It appears KK is daft after all, DJ. :o

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?p=1643311#post1643311

Underground
16-10-04, 15:29
On my PE, possibly, as the point cap isn't as high.

On my Tanks/Monk, no fucking way. I'm not bothered by leveling, as it's obviously part of the game. But another 172 million xp points for a single skill? You must be kidding me.

I dont believe its just +1 to the statline and a extra 5 points to spend. Its items, each ones like a further Epic etc, theres what, 120 woc items they said

Monk INT/PSI (PPU + APU)
Tank CON STR
Spy INT DEX
PE DEX/CON (I say CON as its their second highest stat at base cap)

I havent got the foggiest of what the items are or what they could be tbh

But, I would like to see a greater vaniety of implants etc, that have the requerement of WOC = 1/2/3 etc, somethin special for those that have put the effort in, or maybe apperance items, PPU in a white cloak etc :p or new weapons like a black DG for my tankeh, dual claws, dont add anything, work as a POB, but just looks sexy :D

Shinto
16-10-04, 15:38
its items like UG above said, i posted a list of some of them in another thread(were lupus accused me of ripping them from the files :rolleyes: )

as for me getting a WoC skill, proberbly not

Ozzon
16-10-04, 15:53
Considering that during last two years I didn't cap ANY of my characters, I'd say no. :(

Ryman
16-10-04, 16:01
well i cant see myself getting it even though my monk and tank are hard capped ....i find it hard to motivate myself at the moment .

Out of interest , if you gain all this XP for WoC what does it give you ? i mean if its just like having an extra level i realy cant see me doing it, especialy as all the hard work i put in to cap my chars in the last few levels made virtualy no difference to performance .

But on the other hand im sure those more motivated will have a good time getting WoC .

Dribble Joy
16-10-04, 16:04
Hmmm... well, don't underestimate the powerlvlers.
Gonna be way too easy for PEs though.

Radamez
16-10-04, 16:05
Really couldn't say right now,

I have maxed out INT & DEX XP on my rifle spy (which I did on WB's alone would you believe)

But money making is tough atm, I have like 10k :lol: blew the little I had earned on an unfurnished clan app & some furniture. So I'm a ways off getting together the 2 mil CR requirment.

Then there's the problem of getting these disks, which I sure as hell won't be able to do solo. I'm not all that "cliquey" with PPU's and I hate having to rely on them to gain things.

So maybe in time, I only log on twice a week for a few hours as it is and am not incredibly bothered about WoC .. though I might be if i'd heard more detailed info on them.

tiikeri
16-10-04, 16:22
I doubt any of mine will get there. I'm just too lazy. And can't be arsed to get another 178mils exp. oh no.

Dribble Joy
16-10-04, 16:29
How do you get the skills though? you can only get a few 100k over your cap value atm.
Or does that change when you get the mission?

Mr Kot
16-10-04, 17:22
Sometimes it's great being a Private Eye. I'm 100% capped in all skills. My DEX at 80 has 26,41,272 points (hard cap) which is theoretically the points needed to ding to DEX 81. If the WoC game mechanics allow me to bypass the 80 cap, does this mean i will get my 81 ding straight away?

If not, it will only be another 3 million xp points to go, which is the same as all you spies / monks / tanks getting from 81 to 82 in your main skill. :D

What i can't wait for, if for my PSI to level above 35. Could that blessed heal be calling?

Glok
16-10-04, 17:30
Mr Kot, according to our interpretation of Lupus' comment, you will need another 26 million for your first dex WoC skill level on a PE. Also, I'm fairly certain it isn't just a simple level, I think you will still have 80 dex when you get it, and then an additional 'special' level that perhaps allows you to use a special item/weapon/tool/what-have-you.

Of course, everything is speculation at this point, so you can speculate all you want also I suppose. :p

Spermy
16-10-04, 18:10
Well - It's something to aspire to... but DAMN! it's gonna take a while... :eek:

KRIMINAL99
16-10-04, 18:25
If it means you need double the xp of your last level and it gives you cool stuff Ill do it. If it means double the xp you ever got (like 142 million) HELL NO. And if it gives you uber weapons and items that let you own anyone else in pvp I'm cancelling all my accounts immediately.

Doing the exact same thing over and over and over again is not high level content.