PDA

View Full Version : WoC Facts

ch0ppy
16-10-04, 05:38
Can people post the FACTS about WoC please
1) Cost
2) Tunnels/Undergrounds Locations
3) After you get a Disk then what.....
4) How much levels does the WoC give you ?
5) For each Character class which skill will be Increased ?

FACTS only please please.

Omnituens
16-10-04, 05:53
1] 2 million

2] e_05 and f_10 have the ceres biolabs

as for the others.. i dont know

joran420
16-10-04, 06:04
someone said u need both main skills capped too......might be bugged

Omnituens
16-10-04, 06:28
yeah, if thats true KK will have to fix monks int gain

or change it so you dont need capped main skills

Morganth
16-10-04, 06:36
someone said u need both main skills capped too......might be bugged

Well in about an hour or so DarkH will be able to try and get his WoC skill, as he has the disk and the cash and is completing his factions epic. After that, we will be able to determine what is needed for tanks.

As for monks, unless the script is bugged, they are asking for both Psi and Int to be hard capped :(

16-10-04, 10:22
If you go into the Ceres Temple, there are guys in there that refer to each skill, INT, PSI, STR etc, you choose your main skill, STR for Tanks, PSI for monks

You need to have completed an epic as well.

Have a walk out to the Temple, and have a look, its very pretty too.

Singularity
16-10-04, 11:13
wheres the temple ?

giga191
16-10-04, 11:42
wheres the temple ?
F_02 i think

Darkener
16-10-04, 20:27
Ceres quest isnt working ATM . I went with 2 mill a ceres Disk a hard capped tank on everything and was told my i didnt have enough knowledge to start the quest.

joran420
16-10-04, 20:30
u have hardcapped con?

Dribble Joy
16-10-04, 20:31
capped as in just got 100 str/con or got the xp bars all the way to the end?

Which npc did you talk to? the str or con ones? or the int one?

Darkener
16-10-04, 20:31
Yes i said hard capped tank that includes con.

joran420
16-10-04, 20:33
yeh but u can have level 100 and not have hardcapped it.....

Glok
16-10-04, 20:34
Hard capped means having enough xp for level 101 in the case of 100 cap skills.

Darkener
16-10-04, 20:34
i said hard capped i didnt say soft capped i am hard capped on everything. The quest just isnt working atm

Dribble Joy
16-10-04, 20:35
It takes several million to hard cap after you reach your final lvl, about 5 mil on PE dex, lots more on tank str.

Glok
16-10-04, 20:35
lmao this could be fun. :angel:

joran420
16-10-04, 20:36
yeh he knows he is hardcapped

oh well guess i can postpne teh epic complete a lil longer

Dribble Joy
16-10-04, 20:36
I have been told by several on irc that it DOES work, so you must be doing something wrong.

Darkener
16-10-04, 20:46
Is that so hmmm i know when i look at my con and str it says 15/15 mill on both of them. Yet the ceres savant still says my knowledge is incomplete

Dribble Joy
16-10-04, 20:47
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm........

Darkener
16-10-04, 20:50
What irc channel is this maybe they could enlighten me on what i am doing wrong.

Dribble Joy
16-10-04, 20:52
eeeeh...

not to sound.. arsey, but it's a kinda 'secret'/reserved channel (afaik).
Me would get in trouble if I told who or what inhabited it.

Darkener
16-10-04, 20:59
aww na i thought it was one of the main neocron chan's like on quakenet ect but on a different server . I really dont think it works though

jernau
16-10-04, 21:52
From here (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=115734&highlight=ceres+labs) :

*Ceres Tempel ---> F_02 <---
*Ceres Biomechanics Lab Alpha --> G_05
*Ceres Biomechanics Lab Beta --> H_05
*Ceres Biomechanics Lab Gamma --> I_10
*Ceres Biomechanics Lab Delta --> J_16

*Ceres Biogenetics Lab Alpha --> B_06
*Ceres Biogenetics Lab Beta --> C_10
*Ceres Biogenetics Lab Gamma --> E_05
*Ceres Biogenetics Lab Delta --> F_10

Shinto
16-10-04, 22:08
unless its KK on that channel there proberbly talking out there ass

jernau
16-10-04, 23:04
unless its KK on that channel there proberbly talking out there ass
It is I suspect.

giga191
16-10-04, 23:11
From here (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=115734&highlight=ceres+labs) :

*Ceres Tempel ---> F_02 <---
*Ceres Biomechanics Lab Alpha --> G_05
*Ceres Biomechanics Lab Beta --> H_05
*Ceres Biomechanics Lab Gamma --> I_10
*Ceres Biomechanics Lab Delta --> J_16

*Ceres Biogenetics Lab Alpha --> B_06
*Ceres Biogenetics Lab Beta --> C_10
*Ceres Biogenetics Lab Gamma --> E_05
*Ceres Biogenetics Lab Delta --> F_10
Does anyone know if it matters which one you go to?

SovKhan
17-10-04, 00:23
Fact: the epic you complete for WoC must be the current faction that your in when you get the mission. otherwise it tells you that you need to complete the epic.

IE. you have crahn epic done and your in TG. you cant start WoC.

i wish they would just come out and say if you needed hardcap on all stats not just main or not. at least then we could assess if the mission was bugged or working correctly. but i guess that would make sense.

im not ganna bother leveling my int just so in like a month when they decide to fix it it turns out you dont even need int capped (on a monk).

Glok
17-10-04, 00:38
You should make an effort to int cap your monk anyways... but I guess I'm not the person to give that advice considering my levelling habits. :lol:

Heavyporker
17-10-04, 01:28
Jesus weeps for monks without capped INT.

I weep for myself.... 5 int levels to go after, what, 2 years of hard playing.

And then you say I've got to go and GET YET ANOTHER INT LEVEL BEYOND THAT TO EVEN BEGIN THE FUCKING CERES QUEST?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Dribble Joy
17-10-04, 01:49
If you can get 100int on a monk, I am sure another 10-20 mil is nothing.

Heavyporker
17-10-04, 02:17
What the?

Dribble... not to rain on your parade, but...

We're talking about 13% exp gain on INT for monks.

176 million to hit "cap". Three to five cave runs net an APU 300k to 500k INT at most. Trust me on this.

The WoC states that you need ANOTHER level beyond that cap.

So around then, we're talking about a 30 milllion level gap.

Comphrend the agony inherent in this?

All the other classes have it piss easy.

SovKhan
17-10-04, 03:42
You should make an effort to int cap your monk anyways... but I guess I'm not the person to give that advice considering my levelling habits. :lol:

considering the difference between 93 int and 100 int is 7 points in psi use, when you cap rof on everything its stupid. 80 million xp needed for like 93ish, and 100int is 176million.

Darkener
17-10-04, 10:30
Either way you dont have to have int capped ect to do it atm because it isnt working the savant is broken

IceStorm
17-10-04, 12:52
So the only two factions an LE'ed player can be in to obtain WoC are N.E.X.T. and Fallen Angels?

So much for my CM and CA Spies...

Sorin
17-10-04, 12:57
So the only two factions an LE'ed player can be in to obtain WoC are N.E.X.T. and Fallen Angels?

So much for my CM and CA Spies...

Seriously. It's like they're trying to dream up new ways to kick us LE players in the nuts at every turn. Maybe I wasn't paying attention, but I don't remember hearing or seeing ANY mention of needing to do an Epic for WoC until NC2 itself came along in beta/retail form. I'm pretty sure that in NC1, when they were hinting at what WoC was, that they didn't mention anything about an epic. All I saw was "you have to be capped," basically.

Then NC2 comes along and it's capped, plus 2 million bucks, plus a completed epic for your current faction. :wtf: Gonna have to drag my BD Spy over to FA unfortunately.

Argh. :mad:

QuantumDelta
17-10-04, 12:59
I really do hope that was sarcasm....
Just so people don't kos DJ :p

He hasn't got a monk, never seen him use one, he doesn't know, it's not his fault, he pleads the fifth, and all that jazz, so yea...

darkservent
17-10-04, 13:12
Dam WOC skills not enough info on em.

As for Tank Con Hard cap. Done that on the HC tank still to do on me MC tank. Fuckin PSI Int gain need fuckin sorted.

Sorin
17-10-04, 13:39
Fuckin PSI Int gain need fuckin sorted.

True dat. I don't know how true it is, but I heard that way back near the beginning of NC1, the reason they mega super KK nerfed Monk Int gain was because they didn't want monks to take the Spy's tradeskilling thunder. So assuming that's true, I think they can readjust Monk Int gain back up to being on par with Spies and Tanks secondary main skills. With the way PSU works now, being so hugely critical, especially for combat, I dont think they have to worry much about Monks wasting points on things other than PSU. I know I sure as hell don't.

Besides, PEs are more of a tradeskilling threat than monks are. Having the extra 40 levels of INT doesn't matter, since there's enough boosts/drugs/ops/other-bonuses out there for PEs to do very nicely in INT tradeskills, especially with how easy it is to reach that 60 Int cap.

jernau
17-10-04, 13:43
Since the hidden STR factor in CST was reduced/removed PEs should be no competition to spies for CST.

Omnituens
17-10-04, 13:43
True dat. I don't know how true it is, but I heard that way back near the beginning of NC1, the reason they mega super KK nerfed Monk Int gain was because they didn't want monks to take the Spy's tradeskilling thunder. So assuming that's true, I think they can readjust Monk Int gain back up to being on par with Spies and Tanks secondary main skills. With the way PSU works now, being so hugely critical, especially for combat, I dont think they have to worry much about Monks wasting points on things other than PSU. I know I sure as hell don't.

Besides, PEs are more of a tradeskilling threat than monks are. Having the extra 40 levels of INT doesn't matter, since there's enough boosts/drugs/ops/other-bonuses out there for PEs to do very nicely in INT tradeskills, especially with how easy it is to reach that 60 Int cap.

i dunno, we might just start poking tl 169 unbuffed... :rolleyes:

dunkan
17-10-04, 14:37
who says we will get extra points

XaNToR
17-10-04, 14:48
how shall woc stuff work, if there is an xp cap.. u need doubled xp of ur level to start woc.. right but how if the xp is getting resetted that u level above xp cap ? :rolleyes:

but im sure gms with their 255 skills can start woc :rolleyes: so it has to work for the others as well ... O_o

SilKK
17-10-04, 15:32
it should be all skills caped on all class's

Ozambabbaz
17-10-04, 17:15
what should a vehicle spy do to get WoC skill/stuff?

jernau
17-10-04, 17:47
what should a vehicle spy do to get WoC skill/stuff?
Get in the queue with all the other spies is my guess.

Didn't you know that all high end content in this game is for large teams of monks and a few of their pet HC tanks?

Clive tombstone
17-10-04, 18:55
Anyone know what "covent" PE's belong to in the WOC skills?

Morganth
17-10-04, 18:59
Anyone know what "covent" PE's belong to in the WOC skills?

I'd guess DEX as its their primary stat. Although maybe KK did the clever thing and let you choose from DEX or STR so that HC/MC PEs get a benefit from it. Only one way to find out I suppose :rolleyes:

Darkener
17-10-04, 19:44

Didn't you know that all high end content in this game is for large teams of monks and a few of their pet HC tanks?
Hmm the Fact that there are Dex and Int savants for spy's in the temple of ceres means nothing to you.

Shinto
17-10-04, 19:44

sigh, so im a pet of monks :(

jernau
17-10-04, 19:51
Hmm the Fact that there are Dex and Int savants for spy's in the temple of ceres means nothing to you.
More than sarcasm does to you I'm guessing.

Darkener
17-10-04, 19:54
Well theres 2 of them there in the ceres caves i dont know what items a spy would get because no on has ripped a list with everything you get from withhin the game yet maybe you can make it your mission so you can show everyone it wont be just they monk's and there pet hc tanks.

jernau
17-10-04, 20:00
Well theres 2 of them there in the ceres caves i dont know what items a spy would get because no on has ripped a list with everything you get from withhin the game yet maybe you can make it your mission so you can show everyone it wont be just they monk's and there pet hc tanks.
I think you are completely missing my point.

I know full well the items exist. Someone has "ripped a list", they even posted a copy on here last week.

My point is that spies (and most PEs) are next to useless in ALL of the game's recent high-end PvM content other than as hackers. Despite this there are critical elements of the game (MC5 and WoC) which require them to obtain items from inside those areas.

Ozambabbaz
17-10-04, 20:06

buut.

VHC spies fit in how?

sure if there'd be skills for them that'd be nice.

but we know specialization is _the_ way to go, i'm just wondering how a VHC spy would get his discs?

how he would reach int and dex cap by vehicular warfare is another and also as pointless discussion.

one should fight the mobs, kill them and then hack them to get the discs. but only it's indoors so theres no way they said spy can get any vehicles down there.

and maybe a response would be "u can just buy the disc, u n00b"
i'd wonder with what money cuz 90% of a vehicle spys income would go to repping and buying vehicles, the last 10 % is for GR and poke fees, if ya wonder.

luckily theres no mc5 chip for vehicle spies per say, cuz that also seems abit awkward for one such spy to get this precious loot.

and let's not forget droners, in these small rooms, tight corridors, i can hear the 5 droners switch off their PC right now just thinking about such a task.

Clive tombstone
17-10-04, 21:43
well the thing is, when I went to each savant, they were like "you seem ready. cept for the last part of not have the stupid 2 mill to do each, so could it be that PE's in turn get ALL the skills!? WOOO! PE's got there groove back! I hope^^

G.0.D.
18-10-04, 00:47
Hunted for the dist for like 3 hours straight, to no avail. Perhaps its not dropping; and if it is some one please post (Non PSed SS's preferd)

Morganth
18-10-04, 01:55
Hunted for the dist for like 3 hours straight, to no avail. Perhaps its not dropping; and if it is some one please post (Non PSed SS's preferd)

I have hunted there and got two before. Two clan mates of mine have also hunted there and got one each. So yes, they do drop.

G.0.D.
18-10-04, 02:13
well back to hunting I go then, I was still unsure if they dropped or not

SovKhan
18-10-04, 02:49
god did your get my message from carnith? also yah i know they are dropping our clan got 3 so far, but no real motivation to do it anymore since the servents are bugged.

Jesterthegreat
18-10-04, 02:50
god did your get my message from carnith? also yah i know they are dropping our clan got 3 so far, but no real motivation to do it anymore since the servents are bugged.

especially if KK decided its dropping at the wrong rate and wipes them...

G.0.D.
18-10-04, 02:56
What message from carinth :confused:

SovKhan
18-10-04, 03:04
i left a message with carnith for you... carinth is online.

G.0.D.
18-10-04, 05:19
ahhhh!!!1.1!!.1!!.!!!! Thx
;)

Darkener
18-10-04, 05:48
buut.

VHC spies fit in how?

sure if there'd be skills for them that'd be nice.

but we know specialization is _the_ way to go, i'm just wondering how a VHC spy would get his discs?

how he would reach int and dex cap by vehicular warfare is another and also as pointless discussion.

one should fight the mobs, kill them and then hack them to get the discs. but only it's indoors so theres no way they said spy can get any vehicles down there.

and maybe a response would be "u can just buy the disc, u n00b"
i'd wonder with what money cuz 90% of a vehicle spys income would go to repping and buying vehicles, the last 10 % is for GR and poke fees, if ya wonder.

luckily theres no mc5 chip for vehicle spies per say, cuz that also seems abit awkward for one such spy to get this precious loot.

and let's not forget droners, in these small rooms, tight corridors, i can hear the 5 droners switch off their PC right now just thinking about such a task.

The thing is dont be a VHC spy. Most class's like that rely on a droning and so on as a side skill. Terra is a 4 more server so your telling me you have 4 vhc spy's. If you want to do it it is not out of your reach . A friend of mine comes with me he is a pistol spy, he cannot fight the ceres mobs because he will die instantly but what he does is hack them for me. When we loot them we split what we get . There are ways around it but hey before we go into
making them work for class's like the vhc spy they should work on getting them to work for the class's they should work for.

Asurmen Spec Op
18-10-04, 06:17
well now that discs work im off to be a one man army, who wants to bet how many times I die before I get one?im a pe :)

this is what I get for playing the non-majority class. whateva

(dont tell me to get a ppu)

welll Ill till ya what works.... after hundreds of deaths ofcorse
edit:and alll my chars are PEs *gasp* pistol,rifle, trike man, MC

Dribble Joy
18-10-04, 11:00
Been to the temple with meh PE, talked to the dex, int and str savants and they say I am rerady, just need a fat load of cash.

Asurmen Spec Op
18-10-04, 13:35
2million cash....................

Im gonna go cry now
edit: oh ya what exactly does the WOC lvl do?

Darkener
18-10-04, 15:54
Been to the temple with meh PE, talked to the dex, int and str savants and they say I am rerady, just need a fat load of cash.
They say that to me to. They ask you are you ready ect the say you meet what it need to do it i presume they mean you class . Then it says your do not have enough knowledge and closes the conversation .

QuickFix
18-10-04, 16:22

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

OMG reading this made me flip out, thankfully im at work so i didnt go to an extreme.

you ignorant PE playing ****

what do you know about leveling, the most you have ever done is what 24 mill?

or do you have other characters? how about a monk?

do you even have to do missions to cap any stat on your choice of characters.

the list is endless, im gonna shut up before i get myself banned

Dribble Joy
18-10-04, 17:55
For a ppu, yes it's fucking horrible.

For a tank or an apu, where you can gain 1 mil+ an hour it isn't.

Btw, I hard capped my PE's psi on missions.
400xp per mission, that's only about 72 mssions from psi 35 to hard cap.
I got to go hard cap my con now, and unlike tanks, I don't get any from shooting or teaming, so it's off to red point so get shot at.

Singularity
18-10-04, 18:15
ppus level fast ... faster with anti poi sanctum :rolleyes:

amputator
18-10-04, 19:22
woc doesnt work yet anyway ;)

QuickFix
18-10-04, 22:08
For a ppu, yes it's fucking horrible.

For a tank or an apu, where you can gain 1 mil+ an hour it isn't.

Btw, I hard capped my PE's psi on missions.
400xp per mission, that's only about 72 mssions from psi 35 to hard cap.
I got to go hard cap my con now, and unlike tanks, I don't get any from shooting or teaming, so it's off to red point so get shot at.

rofl shows what you know.

an APU levels INT slower than a PPU................ FACT

How did u not cap con, you have been playing for what? 6month? a year? 2 years?

or do you not take part in pvp and pvm?

and wow u did 72 missions to cap your psi.......................the question is why?

And unlike a PE a monk has 35 dex to cap by missions, 100 INT to cap at 13% exp and has to rely on other people to be online to do it.

I think you should go back to whining about kami chips, at least you had half a clue what they were good for.

Dribble Joy
18-10-04, 22:22
an APU levels INT slower than a PPU................ FACT

Who said anything about int.
Anyway if an APU can get millions per hour (which they can?) then surely a PPU can?

My PSI and CON are not hard capped because I just lommed back from Kami.

I rarely hunt in teams, haven't done so since I last went to MC5 I think, which was about a year ago. All my lvling has been done solo nearly, except my first 20 psi lvls where I was in TT about 18 months ago and killed TH bots with my TT clan.

I don't pretend to know anything about everything ppus, being just plain rude however won't get you anywhere. Just tell me I'm wrong and correcting me is fine. Calling me a cunt and denouncing my albility to do anything (which I may or may not deny) is not.

Besides, my original statement was meant to be in relation to what they had allready managed to achieve. If you have managed to get to 100 int, then in proportion, the amount of xp needed to get to hard cap is not a lot.

jernau
18-10-04, 22:32
Where did you get that "13%" from?

/edit @ DJ - Sorry dude but Monk INT is incomparably ghastly. You only get it in teams and a PSI-capped PPU is lucky to get two people in a full team that he can get XP from. Unless you are in a clan that can arrange a power-levelling team for you you'll be extremely lucky to get more than a few hundred thousand INT per hour. You really can't compare it to an APU.

QuantumDelta
18-10-04, 22:36
That's the 'actual' exp gain.
The person who was best versed in this, was Eric Draven...
If he were still around I'd refer you to him...

Dribble Joy
18-10-04, 22:37
Was that after the increase or not?

@nau. Wasn't really talking about monk int, I know it's shite. I really meant monk psi and tank str.

QuickFix
18-10-04, 22:37

after seeing it mentioned earlier it twigged something that was posted along time ago, about the rate at which INT levels for a monk in regard to other classes secondary skill.

i believe tanks are 100% str and 66% con.

all this is from memory and may not be exact and/or has been changed.

and @ dribble, i did not call u a cunt

jernau
18-10-04, 22:39
That's the 'actual' exp gain.
The person who was best versed in this, was Eric Draven...
If he were still around I'd refer you to him...I thought that was before they upped it from the claimed/relative value of 33% to 50%. Maybe my memory is fading though.

QuantumDelta
18-10-04, 22:40
Believe it or not, 'actual' int gain was in the single digits before they 'upped it' heh...

Again;
According to Eric's calculations, not something I'm an expert on, I just know the numbers he used and churned out...

jernau
18-10-04, 22:42
Believe it or not, 'actual' int gain was in the single digits before they 'upped it' heh...

Again;
According to Eric's calculations, not something I'm an expert on, I just know the numbers he used and churned out...
I'm pretty sure I know the thread you mean. I thought it was older than that though. Meh, either way it sucks.

QuantumDelta
18-10-04, 22:46
I'm pretty sure I know the thread you mean. I thought it was older than that though. Meh, either way it sucks.
Though he more or less retired from the forum, he did stick around for a little while... I've lost touch with him after I went inactive...but like I said, he might still be bouncing aronud...

And you're memory isn't wrong, that original thread was much older than the boost ;)

SovKhan
18-10-04, 23:05
if it were 33% you would just need to 3x the xp needed to cap something that one would thing would be easy. it is for sure that it is not 50 % int gain, because then you would only have to essentially cap psi 2 times. i know some people who can cap an APU in a week or 2... so 33% cannot be the actually xp gain.

jernau
18-10-04, 23:09
if it were 33% you would just need to 3x the xp needed to cap something that one would thing would be easy. it is for sure that it is not 50 % int gain, because then you would only have to essentially cap psi 2 times. i know some people who can cap an APU in a week or 2... so 33% cannot be the actually xp gain.
It isn't. ;)

Sigma
18-10-04, 23:16
Capping Monk INT isn't as impossible as most of you make it seem.

O.o

jernau
18-10-04, 23:20
Capping Monk INT isn't as impossible as most of you make it seem.

O.o
No-one said it was impossible.

Without exploits however it is the worst levelling grind in the game by a LONG margin.

I am interested to find out how WoC will work considering that by comparison you can cap a PE by sneezing on it.

Sigma
18-10-04, 23:25
No-one said it was impossible.[...]

Not?

Seems to me like some people think it's NEARLY impossible to cap monk INT.

Of course it takes ages, but seeing how monks are the most powerful class iG I think it should stay that way.

Candaman
18-10-04, 23:25
actually monk int was about 9-10% i think it was 10% of psi then they upped it by a third they said. Now most people read this as upping it to 33% but they didn't they added 33% of the original 10% so now its closer to 13.33333333333333333333333333333333333333333% and so on

Dribble Joy
18-10-04, 23:31
I am interested to find out how WoC will work considering that by comparison you can cap a PE by sneezing on it.
I have allways said that PEs lvl way way too fast (or the other lvl too slow), just incase some think I think it doesn't.

BTW, I have now fully hard capped my PE. I am recieving gifts of monay and WoC disks so I can see if I can get anywhere with WoC.

QuickFix
19-10-04, 00:17
I have allways said that PEs lvl way way too fast (or the other lvl too slow), just incase some think I think it doesn't.

BTW, I have now fully hard capped my PE. I am recieving gifts of monay and WoC disks so I can see if I can get anywhere with WoC.

not to be a sarcastic twat but..............

it took you 6 hours to hard cap a PE's con ? :p

so er what cannings said is how i remember it.

although.

last time i started a PPU when i had capped psi (176mill) my int was 47mill

so thats 27% baring in mind that was leveled purely by caving/fire mobs.

My APU's int was considerably lower when psi capped, but i think i lommed him a couple of times after they changed loms way back in the day

Dribble Joy
19-10-04, 00:28
What did my last post say? :p

I even told snow and thanny in beta when they inqured about it, that I though PE lvling was frankly insane.

jernau
19-10-04, 01:26
actually monk int was about 9-10% i think it was 10% of psi then they upped it by a third they said. Now most people read this as upping it to 33% but they didn't they added 33% of the original 10% so now its closer to 13.33333333333333333333333333333333333333333% and so on
The 33% was from Rustot and was always wrong IMO as it was based on ripping open the client files. Add to that the fact that most people seemed unable to read the footnotes to that page and much misinformation and gibbering ensued.

The lower and more accurate numbers were from practical tests as QD mentioned above.

I believe the increase (about a year ago IIRC) moved it to 50% on the Rustot scale which was meant to be a ratio of skill-gain rates within each class but clearly wasn't right for monks although the others seemed more accurate.

SovKhan
19-10-04, 05:09
its not that capping int is impossible on a monk. its that its a fucking waste of time. @ ~ 80mil int xp you have 93 int so you need about 92 million more xp to get 7 levels, and all that hard work for what 7 points in psi use...

Dribble Joy
19-10-04, 13:30
Part of the problem is the xp/level scale.

A PE needs 26 mill to hard cap 80 levels in DEX, 4/5 of the way to the 100 max. Yet you need another 145 odd mil to get the last 1/5, which is just daft.
XP per lvl should increase, but the amount that it does is silly.

Morganth
19-10-04, 17:18
We received reports about a bug in the WoC XP system that was missed during our tests. Unfortunately, this bug prevents players from gaining enough XP to gain a WoC skill under normal circumstances. The bug is being worked on and a fix should be available for the next patch (probably tomorrow).

Aaahh. That would explain why even someone who meets all the criteria and is fully hard-capped can't get WoC :lol:

SorkZmok
19-10-04, 17:45
Aaahh. That would explain why even someone who meets all the criteria and is fully hard-capped can't get WoC :lol:
Hehe yeah, cant believe they jound that out just now. People were talking about it all the time. o_O

Great thing, i just hardcapped my hybrids psi, my rifle spies dex, my pistol spies int and dex and my PE. :p

SorkZmok
19-10-04, 17:48
its not that capping int is impossible on a monk. its that its a fucking waste of time. @ ~ 80mil int xp you have 93 int so you need about 92 million more xp to get 7 levels, and all that hard work for what 7 points in psi use...When i capped my monks psi, i had 82 int. Thats about 30 million xp. From then on its just plain boring. Got me another 3 levels from caving cause i needed money but it took fucking ages. :(

SovKhan
19-10-04, 18:25
well the general rule for monks is you need enough int for heavy belts. made even more evident now with the crahn epic cus you dont really need high/capped int to cap RoF on everything.

SorkZmok
19-10-04, 18:32
well the general rule for monks is you need enough int for heavy belts. made even more evident now with the crahn epic cus you dont really need high/capped int to cap RoF on everything.
Well my hybrid only get 95 shots a min on his HL. But i just cant be arsed to get 15 more int levels for that. 95 is fine. I give a shit about more rof or mana, i can wear a heavy fire belt and i dont even want to get woc int skills for him. I got a spy for that. :)

But they gotta up the int xp gain. Seriously.

shenten
19-10-04, 18:34
Hi,

do we know if we need to hardcapp all stats ? or just the primary ? I lost the info while discussing about capping monk INT.
Off course i'm psi :p

Underground
19-10-04, 18:35

Yet tanks with 100 STR all in HC, all int into 76 Lore plus PA3 cant cap aim on a CS at TL 105 O_o

(eXo) Opaleye
19-10-04, 18:58
It would be a wise decision not to make suggestions on a class you have not played dribble.

APU while a powerful and fragile class is the most agrevating class to hard cap in all stats due to the painfully slow int. leveling. :(

Most APU's do not have capped int. (and I mean those that have been playing the same char and working on leveling for the past 2 years).

The fact that you have been playing for over a year, from your above post, and do not know this seems very strange to me. O_o

Are you our one and only NC hermit player. Come out from under that rock and join the gang (I will jump you in personally) :p

SovKhan
19-10-04, 19:02
Well my hybrid only get 95 shots a min on his HL. But i just cant be arsed to get 15 more int levels for that. 95 is fine. I give a shit about more rof or mana, i can wear a heavy fire belt and i dont even want to get woc int skills for him. I got a spy for that. :)

But they gotta up the int xp gain. Seriously.

im talking on a pure monk, hybrids are different because there are different setups so i dont think ALL hybrid setups will allow you to cap ROF on every spell your setup allows you to use.

jernau
19-10-04, 19:33

Removing high-end items also brings the ceiling down a bit. :rolleyes:

Progenitor
19-10-04, 20:46
While not impossible to cap monk INT, it was exceptionally difficult.

I eventually capped it xp-wise, but pretty much quit after that.

I use to have hard numbers for the amount of XP I gained in PSI and INT per Chaos Cave run with certain teams verses certain "types" of cave runs. I think the most I could get was around 500k INT xp on the hardest of runs (the ones with all the spawning mobs) I ruined a lot of spells and armor doing it.

http://www32.brinkster.com/progenitor/CappedInt.htm (10/28/03, about a year or so after starting, a month or 2 AFTER they raised the INT gain rate.)

I would have expected by now, that most monks would have all capped stats.

-p

Candaman
20-10-04, 00:59
After about 2 years of getting to 88 int then stopping then starting then stopping and lots and lots of different methods also lomming to hack then back to psi use and back to poking and back to psi use also tried a little cst and ress on him aswell to find the best int capping method but the grand result. (after hardcapping all stats then getting them reset to soft cap in a bug)

http://sigdepot.nhldepot.org/Cannings/capped.JPG