View Full Version : New drop rate

superfresh
16-10-04, 05:20
Is there a new drop rate? Firemobs are definitely dropping liked they used to.

Glok
16-10-04, 05:35
They are? I best get my ass out hunting then.

SorkZmok
16-10-04, 05:59
Ive been hunting loads of firemobs tonight. I got ONE techpart. Lots of junk and tons of fucking useless lvl 1 spines and armor parts.

Especially the grims drop nothing but shit. Come on KK, give em some good loot. It takes ages to kill them!

superfresh
16-10-04, 06:41
Soz that was a rushed post. They're dropping armor parts for the most part, and that's it. I lived off these things in NC1 and there's clearly a difference.

Jesterthegreat
16-10-04, 11:59
Firemobs are definitely dropping liked they used to.

I lived off these things in NC1 and there's clearly a difference.

:wtf:

Darth Slayer
16-10-04, 13:11
SHUT UP ABOUT THE DROP RATE. KK might decide to go down the other MMORPG road and change the drop rates to like 1/5000 for a part so you have to kill gazillions of the mobs just to get one part. In Lineage 2 the drop rates where worse than that. One of the many reasons I quit that game.

Scorpius.

MaGn0lia
16-10-04, 13:25
Agreed, the drop rates are fine compared to other mmorpgs, and don't want to say this, but one man was not ment to get hundreds of parts just by hunting himself. It was ment to be that clans can gather needed parts to the weapons you need, and maybe trade them to something more valuable.

I was in lineage 2 closed beta and the drop rates were dreadfull, and I heard that these were the special beta rates that are much bigger than in retail. Mu guild hunted weeks to get me that frikkin bow and if you put 40 guys to hunt rares in NC actively for a week (the only thing they do when they log in till they log out) there wouldn't be any weapon you couldn't build and several of them.

Jesterthegreat
16-10-04, 17:25
SHUT UP ABOUT THE DROP RATE. KK might decide to go down the other MMORPG road and change the drop rates to like 1/5000 for a part so you have to kill gazillions of the mobs just to get one part. In Lineage 2 the drop rates where worse than that. One of the many reasons I quit that game.

Scorpius.

god forbid rares would be rare...

IceStorm
16-10-04, 17:31
Agreed, the drop rates are fine compared to other mmorpgs, and don't want to say this, but one man was not ment to get hundreds of parts just by hunting himself.Says who? I've never read anything from KK that indicates general rares should be exceedingly difficult to get.
It was ment to be that clans can gather needed parts to the weapons you need, and maybe trade them to something more valuable.Oh, you mean like the hosed economy we had in NC1?

Jesterthegreat
16-10-04, 17:40
Says who? I've never read anything from KK that indicates general rares should be exceedingly difficult to get.Oh, you mean like the hosed economy we had in NC1?

personally i thought the word "rare" gave it way...

Idola
16-10-04, 17:41
personally i thought the word "rare" gave it way...

Wasn't that something the community came up with, only for Reakktor to start using it later just to make things easier for everyone? If my memory serves me correctly, they were originally called "Tech Weapons".

superfresh
16-10-04, 17:45
Dunno. In NC1 I spent months collecting parts and before the transfer there were still rares I never completed.

BTW - why is there a time limit on editing my posts? Would love to have fixed my first one. My point was that they're clearly dropping less.

Spoon
16-10-04, 17:52
I think the drop rate for fire mobs is about the same as always.....

Although, I did get a Tech Part off a Grim yesterday...
Imagine that.........

Grims aint worth the time or ammo, unless you really need the extra XP..
Doomreapers are still the best bet for getting TP's off of firemobs...

*EDIT*
Also, I noticed you make alot less money off of firemobs these days, since VHC/weapon parts and armor don't drop off them any more.
KK should at least put the weapon parts back into the loot pool, since weapon parts can be bought any where now....

superfresh
16-10-04, 17:55
Actually that's my experience too. Getting decent drops off Doomreapers. But the others arent even dropping imps any more that I've seen.

Jesterthegreat
16-10-04, 17:58
Wasn't that something the community came up with, only for Reakktor to start using it later just to make things easier for everyone? If my memory serves me correctly, they were originally called "Tech Weapons".

aha you may be right as they are technically "Tech parts"

however if everything is easy to get and everyone has it... why bother playing it?

in UT2K4 everyone can use the same items, and theres no monthly fee. in an RPG i would expect there to be some point to spend time developing your character beyond what most people will achive, if you are willing to put in the effort

Spoon
16-10-04, 18:07
Actually that's my experience too. Getting decent drops off Doomreapers. But the others arent even dropping imps any more that I've seen.

I think it's safe to say firemobs and Decayed mobs don't drop implants anymore...

It looks like, to me, that Grims, Terrror Raptors and the Decayed mobs share the same loot pool, which seems to be just armor parts and TP's...
Boring loot drop...

Any one come across a Terror Leaper yet?
I haven't seen one on NC2....

hudsonbeck
16-10-04, 18:12
self-edit

superfresh
16-10-04, 18:26
I think it's safe to say firemobs and Decayed mobs don't drop implants anymore...

It looks like, to me, that Grims, Terrror Raptors and the Decayed mobs share the same loot pool, which seems to be just armor parts and TP's...
Boring loot drop...

Any one come across a Terror Leaper yet?
I haven't seen one on NC2....

Aye I've killed Terror Leapers and Raptors. Just armor parts that I've seen. Would be nice to know if the filter 2's are still out there...

[edit] I understand that rares should be rare. But think of it this way. You hunt for weeks or months to get that weapon you want. You finally get it built and maybe it has one or two slots. Fine you live with it, and maybe resume the hunt later to recollect parts. But items degenerate too. This is an extremely time consuming cycle. I do enjoy hunting mobs from time to time, just not all the time.

Some of this game is PvP, not just a shooting gallery. A lot of people want to get back into the fray at some point. I know a lot of people regret that everyone feels they need rares to PvP. But too late. The people I want to tangle with aren't toting shop bought weapons.

Darth Slayer
16-10-04, 20:37
god forbid rares would be rare...
Heh don't get me wrong here I'm just on about the insane drop rates in Lineage 2, I would'nt want to see the same kinda thing here. Besides on the face of it me and you could say yes Make the drop rate 1/5000 or higher as we already have all the 'rares' we want.

Scorpius.

Jesterthegreat
16-10-04, 20:52
items degenerate too. This is an extremely time consuming cycle.

you mean you could be forced to use rares on a rare occasion as apposed to everyday life?

o...m...g

anyway alot of this discussion is a waste.

if rares were truely rare the bigest clan would have the majority, and would be sure to always go places in teams and loot QB's. if rares were made truely rare changes would have to be implemented (no safeslot, belt drop everywhere, anything drops, no team belt looting). im not saying i want all these things before i get flamed, im saying just making rares rare is a half assed measure

msdong
16-10-04, 20:53
Ive been hunting loads of firemobs tonight. I got ONE techpart. Lots of junk and tons of fucking useless lvl 1 spines and armor parts.

Especially the grims drop nothing but shit. Come on KK, give em some good loot. It takes ages to kill them!

the drop is absolutely nice to use as a recycler. i never get that much chems for "free".

oh and that useless lvl 1 spines helped me to get my IMP part collection complete. will help ppl that need new imps in Doy

€: drop rate isnt "that bad" ill get around 2 parts in one hour hunting.

Spoon
16-10-04, 21:18
oh and that useless lvl 1 spines helped me to get my IMP part collection complete. will help ppl that need new imps in Doy

gahhh....

I wish I would have thought of that, I've thrown out about 40 level 1 spines in the last few days....

What's your Recyclers' DEX and REC?

I was using a Tank to recycle, 49DEX and 75 REC, and I'm not getting much back from Salvaging, nothing out of level 1 hearts and Basic bones, only the big junk gives me anything...
Although, I think at 50 DEX this may change, I'm thinking 50 DEX used to be a threshold when it came to Salvage...

sorry to be a little off topic....

coppertop
17-10-04, 00:09
aha you may be right as they are technically "Tech parts"

however if everything is easy to get and everyone has it... why bother playing it?

in UT2K4 everyone can use the same items, and theres no monthly fee. in an RPG i would expect there to be some point to spend time developing your character beyond what most people will achive, if you are willing to put in the effort

I dont know about anyone else, but even with the NC1 drop rates for rare parts it took me ages to get a couple of decent rifles for my PE. Considering the amount of different parts in the rare list it can take a hell of a long time to get a full set of weapon parts even with a good drop-rate. In a non-PvP game it possibly wouldnt matter to much, but considering NC is largely PvP orientated, poor rare drop-rates can seriously impact a persons enjoyment of the game.-

Genji
17-10-04, 00:15
The drop rate are awasome...I've been fire mobbing most of the time and I've got well over 50 parts, still can't make anything :p but thats not the point.

Heavyporker
17-10-04, 01:13
Um... This may sound a little stupid, coming from a vet, but...

Do techparts even matter worth a damn anymore now that you can get what were formerly techpartted weapons from factional DNS databases?

Glok
17-10-04, 01:15
You can't get weapons as far as I know, just the former rare CPUs and the machina gloves.

Heavyporker
17-10-04, 01:23
Hrm.

I thought I read that TT had the Cursed Soul cannon in their DNS.

Carinth
17-10-04, 02:19
If rare's were not required items for a combat character then calling them "rare" would be fine. As it is that's just a misnomer, they're standard equipment you'll need for a high/capped character.

Killfly
17-10-04, 03:08
I don't think there's too much to complain about at the moment... I spent several hours hunting WBs over the last couple of days and I'd say I got around 40 techs from around 300 WBs... That's more than one in ten, and some good xp and recycling junk to boot...

Jesterthegreat
17-10-04, 16:03
Hrm.

I thought I read that TT had the Cursed Soul cannon in their DNS.

no.

someone (maybe TT) has Dev in its DB, but no one has CS.

there are some "rares" in databases now, but not all. and do they matter?

ask a PE with a non-rare SMG that :p

QuantumDelta
17-10-04, 16:19
I've said it before and I'll say it again;
In a game where PvP and item loss is as frequent as neocron, high loot = good because it will mean people will not worry as much about dropping precious stuff = pvp more rewarding because you will find 'rare' items in belts.

=

I loved the old days, without a belt, with loot where you killed a doomie and got 4 tech parts, I loved the old days where I claimed CSs from Op wars and the like.

giga191
17-10-04, 18:40
Well things aren't going to be rare if there are sad people who spend all their days hunting. If you nerf the drop rate then the people who don't have all day to hunt get jack shit.

IceStorm
18-10-04, 02:03
They definitely lowered the drop rate. I'm getting a tech part in every four to six WB/WBT kills. In NC1 I was getting two parts out of every three WB/WBT kills. This is on my HC PE with a Reveler. He only hits 55 or so combat rank when in the gunner's seat.

StrongSad
18-10-04, 04:57
My 52/56 apu gets about 1 tech for every 10-15 wb/wbt. I think that is pretty crap considering the rank and low xp :( It is DEFINATELY less than it used to be. Recycling junk is good for boosters and such, but nobody wants buy them....so I now have like thousands of booster in my gogu :p

Something interesting though, When I hunt with someone else (I.E. I am not doing 100% of the dmg) the drop rate jumps....2 techs per wb becomes frequent.... hmmmm :D I wish I had a hunting partner.

eLcHi
18-10-04, 10:32
CA got a TL110 Plasma-Wave in their Hacknet-DB ... but it has a CA-Faction Restriction

TG got a TL115 Raygun Cannon ... with TG-Faction Restriction ;)

And the problem with the Weapons you get from hacknet is the build-quality ... Holy Antibuff caps out at 81% ... quite a difference from a rare with a range from 100-120% aye ?