PDA

View Full Version : Hacker missions

soundphed
16-10-04, 04:32
So........How are hackers supposed to do missions? Like how are we hackers going to gain SL and faction sympathy? Being good in hacknet means that you can't use any conventional wepeaons, anyone have any thoughts??

henrymkfin
16-10-04, 14:28
there is no faction missionsfor hackers. Only easy cuberuns are easier for hacker who can enter hacknet and travel fast from faction to faction via that way.

It would me cool if there would be like more hacker spesific missions. Now we have these hunt missions, eg. kill x amount of this vermin and so on. We have ress and construction missions but no hacker missions.

Hakcnet is one small piece of shite. My opinion is that NC2 should not been released. If KK had any sense at all they would have made NC2 more finnished before releasing it. Now it just a torso of a good game.

Im gonna still play till my subscription ends (one month). Then its bye bye NC2 and howdy anarchy online or something.

:p

Glok
16-10-04, 14:33
If you want to be picky, this could be called a pre-release. There is no boxed version yet and won't be for a month or so. And that will only be for German speakers, then the English and French box and other versions will come out some time later.

@Topic. Any hacker can afford to spec pistol skill, I suggest getting that unless you plan to spend 100% of your time in hacknet. :)

henrymkfin
16-10-04, 20:37
Aye. A hacker need a pistol skill. Also hacker needs a good TC skill to use hacknet softaware and techpistols.

You can do rifleusing hacker but then you have to distripute Int points to weaponlore and lose good ress and construcion. I have my new main char as hacker sniper. Can hack alomost anything and does nice damage with sniper rifle. Ony drawback is that you cant fight harder mobs on zone etc with sniper rifle. Usually i get dead after getting one clean hit to target. As spy is so fragile there should be someplace where you can do some sniping for leveling. If you got good idea then post it here plz.

My other hacker is pistol user and i have damn hard time to level him and get FS. Maybe i will remove my LE and start to kill enemy faction noobs that have removed their LE.

But then again. thats so easier with sniperrifle. They don't know what hit em.. :lol:
And why to pay full for pre-release bug basket. Some reason to this!

Jesterthegreat
16-10-04, 21:23
Aye. A hacker need a pistol skill. Also hacker needs a good TC skill to use hacknet softaware and techpistols.

You can do rifleusing hacker but then you have to distripute Int points to weaponlore and lose good ress and construcion. I have my new main char as hacker sniper. Can hack alomost anything and does nice damage with sniper rifle. Ony drawback is that you cant fight harder mobs on zone etc with sniper rifle. Usually i get dead after getting one clean hit to target. As spy is so fragile there should be someplace where you can do some sniping for leveling. If you got good idea then post it here plz.

My other hacker is pistol user and i have damn hard time to level him and get FS. Maybe i will remove my LE and start to kill enemy faction noobs that have removed their LE.

But then again. thats so easier with sniperrifle. They don't know what hit em.. :lol:
And why to pay full for pre-release bug basket. Some reason to this!

spy defence can rival PE defence...

§FS§Red Wing
16-10-04, 22:40
@Topic. Any hacker can afford to spec pistol skill, I suggest getting that unless you plan to spend 100% of your time in hacknet. :)

You can't afford it. You can afford to lose some points in either Dex or Int but not both as you would need for pistols. There is no way to be an excellent hacker and still be able to decently use a pistol or rifle(small hint...there's more software than the ones you can buy).

Killfly
17-10-04, 03:18
I'm sure we'll see some hacking missions appearing in the citycoms soon... At the moment, it IS very difficult to play a pure hacker, but just keep trying to level as best as you can - when the hacking stuff is properly implemented, you'll already be uber :)

§FS§Red Wing
17-10-04, 03:26
No, they won't appear in the Citycom, the NPCs for hacker missions are already in place, those task managers in the faction nets are supposed to give missions, you can check that already by taking a normal mission, then go to one of the task managers and talk to it. They are just not working yet.

Killfly
17-10-04, 03:49
Ah cool - I was wondering what they were going to be for :)

notneo
17-10-04, 13:57
also how do we loot the mobs??

when ever i get near one it says im to far away even if im sitting on the damn things!!!!

KRIMINAL99
19-10-04, 05:16
For sl just do delivery missions in your HQ. This is the fastest method anyways. For faction sympathy just go into hacknet into the enemy (of the faction whose sympathy you want) database and kill all the mobs there. Leave and repeat.