PDA

View Full Version : I want the old GUI back.

Quake
16-10-04, 03:45
Is that possible? this new one is seriously making me sick.

Sorin
16-10-04, 04:01
Here here. I Agree. Gimme Daz Hud 2.0!!!

Omnituens
16-10-04, 04:04
the transparency is awful.

but i do like the xp bars in the skills section... if i could read the numbers when the bar goes over them :rolleyes:

Sorin
16-10-04, 04:07
Yeah, I do like those experience bars. But I wish the right half of the skills window was hideable, and I wish that right half showed not only the current experience, but also the actual number needed to reach the next level, like in NC1 on the main skill window.

Underground
16-10-04, 04:33
Yeah, I do like those experience bars. But I wish the right half of the skills window was hideable, and I wish that right half showed not only the current experience, but also the actual number needed to reach the next level, like in NC1 on the main skill window.

Hold your cursor over it, its a tooltip on the bar above the statline

Sorin
16-10-04, 04:41
Hold your cursor over it, its a tooltip on the bar above the statline

That just show how much until the next level. I said I'd like it like in NC1. For example

Level 99
Experience: 153,000,000
Max: 157,000,000

You need to reach a total of 157M to reach the next level. That's what I'm talking about, rather than the 4M that's needed to get there.

ZnARk
16-10-04, 13:36
I would love a "classic rpos" option so ppl can choose.
I miss the old style :(

bluelights
16-10-04, 15:43
yes

can we please have an option to have the old GUI or the new one
i much prefer the old GUI overall look,,, i aggree the stats are nice on the new one but its all to messy for me,,, i prefer the simple clean look

br

Ryman
16-10-04, 16:08
I dont like the new one ...... i think they made it just do make the game look more like a new game so that we didnt all say 'nothing looks different '

Since we are paying for the game , and theres divided opinion on the new rpos i think we should at least have an option...I mean its not exactly anything major to do .

Idola
16-10-04, 16:11
I can't stand the old RPOS, personally. I absolutely adore the new one. Not sure why though, there's just "something" about it that I seem to click with.

Haven't really seen how people can call it "crowded" either, really.

Tostino
16-10-04, 16:15
I can't stand the old RPOS, personally. I absolutely adore the new one. Not sure why though, there's just "something" about it that I seem to click with.

Haven't really seen how people can call it "crowded" either, really.
Do you pvp at all?? If you do then you will see.

Idola
16-10-04, 16:36
Do you pvp at all?? If you do then you will see.

I PvP enough to form an opinion on it. Why?

Tostino
16-10-04, 16:50
I PvP enough to form an opinion on it. Why?
It gets in the way big time for every one i talked to in pvp in 1024/768

Ozzon
16-10-04, 16:50
I didn't like the new hud at the begining, but now i got used to it and I like it much more than the old crap.

Idola
16-10-04, 16:52
It gets in the way big time for every one i talked to in pvp in 1024/768

...and everyone I've talked to would disagree on that, as they don't find the new RPOS intrusive at all. Funny how that works, eh?

This isn't to say that I don't condone a choice between old and new, though.

MkVenner
16-10-04, 16:52
i use it in 1280x1024 and its ok, not too crowded

i like the old and the new as much, there both pretty shit lol

naimex
16-10-04, 16:53
That just show how much until the next level. I said I'd like it like in NC1. For example

Level 99
Experience: 153,000,000
Max: 157,000,000

You need to reach a total of 157M to reach the next level. That's what I'm talking about, rather than the 4M that's needed to get there.

if you look above your subskills you will notice it says "total experience" and then a shitload of numbers.

thats your t-o-t-a-l..

and the bars just indicate for next lvl.. if there is one..

my tank is stuck at 0 xp to next lvl, and no bar at all. cant gain more str xp at all.

Aarowyn
16-10-04, 17:42
I just got done watching this really good PVP movie taken in the old NC days and I gotta say I like the new RPOS allot better.

However watching that vid also makes me see the need for a choice in RPOS.

I wouldnt be against it, I would never use it, but I am sure some peeps would like it.

The movie is here. (http://nc.synergyxr.net/files/download.php?type=video&file=noobbuffs.zip)

Description: A PPU Monk being killed by the debuffing/rebuffing "technique".

coppertop
17-10-04, 00:13
I far prefered the old one. I never noticed the old one, but I can hardly miss the new one considering it takes up half my screen.

jernau
17-10-04, 00:20
NCLP RPOS > NC1 RPOS >>>>>>>>>> Banging nails into my eyes while a naked octogenarian frenchman fries my testicles in old motor oil >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NC2 RPOS

In every single way the new one is worse.

sebastien
17-10-04, 00:24
Coming it at from the newbie's perspective, I like the current RPOS.

Is there a way to change the text box though? I need more room for teh chat. =)

Also you guys do need a font option. Personally I love the current font/size, but many ppl have expressed trouble reading it.

sebastien
17-10-04, 00:26
Is octogenarian really a word?

jernau
17-10-04, 00:27
Is octogenarian really a word?
Yes. (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=octogenarian)

naimex
17-10-04, 00:27
Coming it at from the newbie's perspective, I like the current RPOS.

Is there a way to change the text box though? I need more room for teh chat. =)

Also you guys do need a font option. Personally I love the current font/size, but many ppl have expressed trouble reading it.

you can drag in the thingy to make the chat thing longer

sebastien
17-10-04, 00:31
"a person whose age is in the 80's"

*laughs*

You crazy brit's and your queen's english. Can't you just use dumbed-down monosyllabic words for the sake of the americans? ;p

Glok
17-10-04, 00:40
There is a tiny little button on the chat box that you can drag to make the chat higher and longer.

Vid Gamer
17-10-04, 01:04
I don't mind the new GUI, tbh.

I made it a grey color with orange outlining (to match the forums) and made it a bit more transparent and on 1024x768 I haven't had a problem with it.

The only small gripe I have is that the chat interface window is a bit small. Also, I haven't tried OP Wars or general PvP with it so I'm not sure how it works for that.

Sorin
17-10-04, 01:06
if you look above your subskills you will notice it says "total experience" and then a shitload of numbers.

thats your t-o-t-a-l..

and the bars just indicate for next lvl.. if there is one..

my tank is stuck at 0 xp to next lvl, and no bar at all. cant gain more str xp at all.

Anyone got an NC1 screen shot of the skills window so I can show what I mean? I'm not talking about the max experience for next level's spiritual presence, i.e. adding 10 numbers together, half through tool tips, then doing the rain dance. In NC1 on the main skills window it said "Max: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx". That is what I'm talking about. That's exactly what I would like to see somewhere in plain sight.

naimex
17-10-04, 01:14
oh sorry... didnīt even think of max..

is there even a max anymore ?? donīt you just get 1 WoC lvl after another, until your level goes past forum post counts ?

Seven
17-10-04, 08:45
Is that possible? this new one is seriously making me sick.

Nah, because someones feelings may get hurt. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Seriously, it's this type of thinking (onoz I worked so hard on the POS hud you can't change it) that fucks this game up.

StryfeX
17-10-04, 09:00
I think the new HUD is much too "busy." There are times where I will litterally "lose" a window because I can't tell where it ends and the next one begins.

I wish KK would a) give us an option to switch back to the old HUD and b) let us have a custom skin. Same goes for the crosshair. Dhazist's crosshairs were awesome. Much better than the default one.

--Stryfe

Clothing_Option
17-10-04, 20:16
Goddam right the old one was way better
nice clear lines
the new one is camoflaged

Quake
17-10-04, 23:11
No KK response, aww thats too bad. Would realy like to hear what they say about this and if there are any plans for this.

Seven
21-10-04, 08:37
No KK response, aww thats too bad. Would realy like to hear what they say about this and if there are any plans for this.

Silence is your answer.

Nvidia
21-10-04, 08:50
I don't.

amfest
21-10-04, 08:58
Try email . . . it's very common for them not to comment on these types of posts.

belgarion™
21-10-04, 09:25
Maybee someone smart with coding knowledge could make us an Neocron2 Launcher Pro with the possibility to change more stuff to make it "our own".

amfest
21-10-04, 10:31
Maybee someone smart with coding knowledge could make us an Neocron2 Launcher Pro with the possibility to change more stuff to make it "our own".
Well that's not the problem as there are people willing to do stuff like that I believe ...its' just that you still have to get reakktor's permission and from what I hear about the creator of the RPOS design he doesnt want "anything" changed on it no matter how many people hate it because he worked so "hard" on it.

MasterBee
21-10-04, 11:24
Well that's not the problem as there are people willing to do stuff like that I believe ...its' just that you still have to get reakktor's permission and from what I hear about the creator of the RPOS design he doesnt want "anything" changed on it no matter how many people hate it because he worked so "hard" on it.

You have got to be joking... I have to put up with this (r)POS only because he worked hard on it??? That must be the stupidest thing I have ever heard.
Do you have a link to that guy's post? I wanna see that myself :lol:

Seven
22-10-04, 00:11
You have got to be joking... I have to put up with this (r)POS only because he worked hard on it??? That must be the stupidest thing I have ever heard.
Do you have a link to that guy's post? I wanna see that myself :lol:

It's no joke, it's this type of mindset that keeps this game from moving foward.