PDA

View Full Version : HN Software Stats Page?

TheLibra
15-10-04, 16:01
I'm trying to find a page that displays the required stats to use HackNet software, but am having no luck, anyone know where I can find it?

Also, what are the most important Hacker skills and why?

Michelino
15-10-04, 17:29
From Announcements - skill guide

Hacknet Skills

Health = INT 10% + HCK 30% + HLT 60%
Stamina = INT 10% + HCK 30% + END 60%
Hack = INT 10% + HCK 30% + TC 60%

HackNet Weapon

Dmg, Hnd, Rng = INT 0.1(10%) + HCK 0.5(50%) + TC 0.4(40%)

a good site is http://www.sheriff-hardy.de/NC2oF.htm; in german,
the lists are in english however..

Take care,

Michael

TheLibra
15-10-04, 18:25
That is EXACTLY what I needed to know, thank you very much.

Michelino
15-10-04, 18:33
If you need HN software; don't hesitate to contact me.

I (we) can supply you with player build HN SW versions, which are way
better than the shop bought ones (as with weapons).

I'm situated on Terra, characternames either Tuco, Josi Wild or July Thame.
Likely to be on around 22:00 GMT.

Michael

TheLibra
15-10-04, 19:36
If you need HN software; don't hesitate to contact me.
I (we) can supply you with player build HN SW versions, which are way
better than the shop bought ones (as with weapons).

That would be great. What I could also really use are answers to the following:

1.) What, in your opinion, would be the best faction for a hacker to join, and why?
2.) Which has better hacker friendly facilities (software shops, etc)... NC or DoY?
3.) Spy seems the most reasonable class to play, because it seems that the ability to cloak would be quite useful when I can't win a firefight. PE is the only other choice I can think of, but why might I want a PE instead?
4.) Most Hackers appear to use rifles or pistols or drones as their weapons of choice, yet there are so many skills under Dex that a Hacker needs (like T-C for HN combat, and Recycle to make codebreakers from HN mobtrash). Might it be more sensible to choose a weapon like Heavy Combat instead? A PE Hacker, while not actually being particularly GREAT at either, might be able to make a serviceable Gunner in a Vehicle, or backup artilliary, when they aren't hacking, and that removes at least one SP drain from your DEX points. Your thoughts?
5.) Do I need any construct skill to build pieces of software, or will recycle alone be sufficient?
6.) What level of Recycle will I need to build the codebreakers? 50? 100?
7.) Is there a list of HN recyclables anywhere?
8.) Just HOW important is Weapon Lore to ranged weapons? Is it equally vital to Pistols, Rifles and Heavy Weapons, or less so in one of those? What's a level I'd need in Weapon Lore to NOT suck (even for a hacker), yet be low enough to allow me to dump most of my points in to Hack in the beginning?
9.) I seem to recall that Remote Control was important as well for a Hacker, though I can't remember why. Is it really that important? Is there a "MinMax" level in it that I'll need as a Hacker, or is it one of those things I just really need to keep pumping?
10.) Do Programs (the kind you can buy in software stores) need to be BPed and Constructed and Slotted in order to be any good (like weapons?) or is it pretty much WYSIWYG + Skills?

Michelino
15-10-04, 20:47
hiya

1) IMO there's no best faction for a hacker; otoh Hacknet and stuff are pretty
much new for me too. That said, I'm Pro City actually ^^

2) Actually there are techshops for HN SW in both NC (HEW) and DoY (dunno
where).

3) True, as HCK is a INT skill and T-C a DEX, Spy's seem to be the best characters
for a Hacker career. Although a PE can be a quite capable Hacker as well.
PE's could be a option for a combat life outside the HN.

4) T-C mixes well with Tech rifles or pistols, a premium choice for (pure) combat spy's (T-C is a skill sink outside the HN however). I thought about a
melee/hacknet melee (Snowcrash anyone?), but tbh i'm not a very
experienced player so go ahead and flame me ;).

5) Ideally you would let the software build by a constructor; it shouldn't be
too hard to find someone letting you blueprint the HN SW and find a constor to build it.

6) Dunno, didn't spend too much time in HN (since that 108(??) patch),
and never looted anything from the mobs (i fought only that travellane mobs
till now; afaik the codebreaker parts are dropped by the faction mobs).

7) not that i know of

8) *VERY*, at least for rifles, not that important to pistols. 130 net + for rifles, maybe 60-70 for pistols; you'll find that out pretty easily, as that
change according to the gun u use.

9) Forget about RCL for a hacker; it contributes only 10% to your effective hack skill, by far not enough to justify any points in RCL (unless you're a
droner ofc :p )
You'll get more "dot's" the more HCK you got, but afaik 7 are the most you get. The more HCK the better, dunno if there's a sweet spot (think about
130 net).

10) Yes, and can me modded since last patch; see 5)

Michael

Jeeva
24-10-04, 01:23
Thanks, I was gonna ask this stuff.

=)

And one more thing... Whoo! Snowcrash! I love katanas.