PDA

View Full Version : Professions, the obvious and not so obvious.

MaGn0lia
15-10-04, 12:21
This thread was inspired by the thread where ppl were discussing about Tank restriction of tank PA.

With this new profession system implemented KK should consider supporting the not so obvious chouises they present.

For example, if you take street samurai profession you can choose from tank (the obvious) and from private eye (the not so obvious)

The obvious choise has power amor, imps and higher skill specced on this particular profession weapon (str).

The not so obvious choise has no PA, can use some imps to and has lower skill specced to this particular weapon.

Now I'd like to ask, why? we can break this to several different whys, like why PE doesn't have PA? isn't he supposed to be street samurai, is it just a clever attempt to deluse people that they really have a coise?

Why no dex based melee weapons? again, this would make PE a formidable samurai and could even access the high lvl weapons if created equal with str based melee weapons (104str the dentist equal to dex104 the something).

Why is this the same with other professions? Why not make it possible for Tank to wield a pisto or rifle?

Stop making up professions and bad choises for class to the profession if you do not intend to back it up.

I just had to edit my original post as I got this remarkable idea of PEs being the real samurais and spies the nifty speedy stealthy ninjas, as I'm not sure how this is related to cyberpunk world, well maybe some of you punk fans can inform us if there is a class with prestige swordfight abilities

MOFO
15-10-04, 12:29
Refering to the exemple you gave, i would say no.

PE's aren't suposed to be as good as a tank either on H-C or Melee, however they can be good, as they are jack of all trades, they are good at everything but they can't be the best at one skill alone

sebastien
15-10-04, 12:30
This is an excellent post imo.

But one caveat: I think any existing class issues should be cleaned up before they go onto to encourage the 'less played' variations. I'm think mostly of the whole monk/PPU topic here.

angelsenior
15-10-04, 12:37
A logical approach would be that for Samurai type swords, dexterity IS the key skill, the Samurai fight with elegance and swift attacks, but not by applying brute strength.

MaGn0lia
15-10-04, 12:38
Refering to the exemple you gave, i would say no.

Hehe, it would be super cool to know what you are saying no to.

Oh well, guess I'll have to rely on my super intelligence (capped with +25) to guess that you are meaning that you are against any modifications to the current situation, monk apu/ppu, tank h-c/m-c, spy r-c/p-c, pe p-c/r-c.

Well, I for one see a good opening for things like dex based melee weapons, more PE samurais and Spies could be so bad ass with stealth and a blade. I don't say that my idea could fix the problem that PE is a solo class, not good at anything, but fair at everything. But it would improve things for the poor bastards that came to the game and tought cool I'd want to be a soldier PE with h-c combat.

Siygess
15-10-04, 12:53
Actually I'm wondering if the 'delude people that they have have a choice' comment is all that far from the truth.. anyone who has played NC1 knows that it's the four classes that matter, and that a proffesion is irrelevant. Unless KK are planning on implementing proffession-based item restrictions, there is just no discernable difference in capability to make them worth while. EDIT: Maybe they could add a bit of meaning by adjusting the stat caps of each class according to the chosen proffesion - so 65 Str and 75 Dex for a street samurai PE etc.

Endar
15-10-04, 12:58
Dex based weapons would mean one hit, one kill melee spys. Besides, the PEs are OK with melee weapons. You cant use the rare ones (I think) but instead you can buff your self with spells, poke your own imps and have some hacking skills.

PE can not be a tank, and thanks can not be a PE. Simple enought right.

MaGn0lia
15-10-04, 13:06
Dex based weapons would mean one hit, one kill melee spys.

As much as I agree with the fact that spies would wield these new dexbased weapons better than PEs. But does spies have one shot one kill rifles or pistols? after all they are dex based weapons or do tanks have one shot one kill h-c/m-c weapons? both classes are better with their own skill than PE. As I mentioned above, create weapons their equal but with minor stat changes so capped melee spy wouldn't do that much more damage than capped melee tank, the only advantage here would be bit more damage and stealth over tanks less damage and more health/resists.

As angelsenior said the art of swordfight that is kendo prefers agility, speed and dexterity over pure strenght. Believe me I have been in kendo ;)