PDA

View Full Version : Population analysis annouced by KK?

ArgieD
15-10-04, 12:10
Call me silly, call me demanding, but is there a chance that the KKs could give us a population analysis (class break down) on a weekly basis, or even monthly?

In my limited code knowledge I can't see where the difficulty is in looking up in their database and state that ie there are:

1,800 Monks
3,000 Gen Tanks
3,600 Spies
2,100 Private Eyes

If it is difficult to quantify then fair enough, but if not, is there a chance we could have this?

PS I know that this could be classed as a Brainport thingy, but it's more like a question rather than an idea...

sebastien
15-10-04, 12:18
No offense intended, but why?

Glok
15-10-04, 12:22
I don't really want a population analysis because it might look like this:

8,000 Monks
- 3,000 APU
- 5,000 PPU
4,000 Tanks
- 3,000 Melee
- 1,000 Heavy
4,000 Spies
500 PEs

o_O

MaGn0lia
15-10-04, 12:23
No offense but why not?

We are curious, and we want to know all these silly little facts and so on.

World of warcraft did it once or twice and it was funny to see how necromancers were underrated and guess what, the count of necromancers did raise my 5% after that, and blizz did some fixes to the class by reports of players.

So I think only good thing could come from this.

J. Folsom
15-10-04, 12:25
Opinion for right now:
I'd suspect the guys doing the database coding have something better to focus on first, like item tracking.

Opinion for the future:
Why not? It's always something fun to see what classes people play.

Bugs Gunny
15-10-04, 12:47
Yeah, and put in a formula for average deaths per hour based on numbers of that class :-)

Endar
15-10-04, 12:52
You want to see the bugs fixed or do you want to see stupid statics about players? Just a simple question, no offence.

Glok
15-10-04, 12:55
What bugs Endar? You don't get bugs. :p

jernau
15-10-04, 12:56
KK (MJS IIRC) have said they won't publish player/subscriber stats.

The reason they gave is that their potential competitors (mainly the one we cannot name) could use it against them.

They also withdrew permission for player-based counters I believe.

As this could be used in the same way I don't see it happening.

MaGn0lia
15-10-04, 12:57
Takes 5minutes for a guy to open up database make listings for specific classes used on each server and post them in to the forums.

Now what bugs exactly you are going to fix that easily my might debugging friend hm?

Bugs Gunny
15-10-04, 12:57
I apreciate all he concern about my person, but let me tell you i don't need fixing :-)

Endar
15-10-04, 13:01
What bugs Endar? You don't get bugs. :p

I dont have the memory leak and I have steady 60 fps, and my ping is around 80 (prolly because I live in Finland).

The only real bug I would like to see fixed is the droning bug. Also if they would make leveling via ressing/constructing possible, that would be awesome.

Edit: And besides, why do you want to see the statics? Its like
40% Tanks
30% Monks
20% Spys
10% PEs

jernau
15-10-04, 13:12
40% Tanks
30% Monks
20% Spys
10% PEsI thnk you'll find Spies make up more like 30-40% and are probably the most common class. Not because they are overpowered or whatever but because they have the most roles available and are most people's first choice for an alt.

Bugs Gunny
15-10-04, 13:20
The memory leak doesn't seem to appear when you stay in one zone.
For instance when i'm csting and researching on my two spies in an appy, i don't get it.

If i drive around in a rhino, i have to relog every 30 mins

ArgieD
15-10-04, 14:33
You want to see the bugs fixed or do you want to see stupid statics about players? Just a simple question, no offence.

Why does it have to be a choice between the two? Nobody said they shall prioritise B over A; only to add this feature for those who like stats in their games.

Also, this is not a one off thing... If this happens weekly or monthly then people can observe the trends of the game. Ie. How many people turn from PEs to APUs when new spells are implemented in the game.

I do agree that bugs should be fixed first, but I really don't think that these stats will occupy the programers that much so they'd abandon the bug fixing....

MkVenner
15-10-04, 14:55
10% PEs...yeah id agree with that, its probly the most common char for people who 1st start, but 1st to get rerolled as a PPU or a tank lol

and if it is 10% i must be like 2% lol