PDA

View Full Version : Neocron 2 going for "Best Science-Fiction 2004"

Fyrn
15-10-04, 07:30
in our first annual Massive Multiplayer Awards.

Vote for your favorite (I would say Cyberpunk Game, but there is only Neocron, so eh..) Science-Fiction game!

http://www.mmhell.com/articles/101504/battle_of_the_year_2004_cp3.html

joran420
15-10-04, 08:12
wtf why isnt that in the PvP poll??

Opar
15-10-04, 08:36
LMAO!

Anarchy Online: 4 Votes (13.79%)
Saga of Ryzom: 0 Votes (0%)
Star Wars Galaxies: 3 Votes (10.34%)
Dark Ages: 0 Votes (0%)
Planetside: 3 Votes (10.34%)
Neocron 2: Beyond Dome of York: 19 Votes (65.52%)

EVERYBODY VOTE!!!!! WE R TEH WINNING!

Maester Seymour
15-10-04, 08:39
Just voted, we're at 21 now ^^

Opar
15-10-04, 08:43
Wouldnt this just be a kick in the balls for the mmorpg.com flamers if we win :p

Seven
15-10-04, 09:09
Well, it would be a real hard kick in balls for the the new people coming over here expecting something much more different then what's actually going on.

Fyrn
15-10-04, 09:18
Well, expect some competition from the other Sci-Fi games, as I posted in the AO forum as well for example :) But I figured you NC guys are poll crazy anyway, seeing how when we still had user ratings of games on (which will come back too), Neocron all of a sudden had 180 votes just because someone posted here :)

[TgR]KILLER
15-10-04, 09:34
just voted ^^

Neocron 2: Beyond Dome of York: 35 Votes (63.64%)

THE_TICK!!!!
15-10-04, 09:34
hehe we at 36 now..closest one is 9 w00t!!

woOpin
15-10-04, 10:11
Voted :)

Neocron 2: Beyond Dome of York: 42 Votes (60.00%)

Yeah why is NC not in PvP ???

Never found PvP good in any of them games point and click BS lol

Maui
15-10-04, 11:04
Voted ^_^ :angel:

sebastien
15-10-04, 12:16
63 votes, but AO is catching up.

TBH the organization of that poll makes no sense. "space simulation" as opposed to sci fi? And definitely NC2 should be under PvP. I came here because of the PvP, not the fact that it was scifi (although I like that too!).

jernau
15-10-04, 12:23
Best PvP - Lineage 2 O_o :confused: :eek: O_o

Wtfff? Someone at KK really needs to email them ASAP if that POS gets even one vote.

/edit - How can there be a sequel in "Best original"?? I think these people must be "special".

sebastien
15-10-04, 12:25
ROFL that's so true. TBH on that list SB is the only one that has real PvP anyway.

Quake
15-10-04, 13:24
judging from the amount of votes that poll doesnt say a thing.

Spermy
15-10-04, 13:31
I voted for anarchy online ^_^

Har har!

Neocron 2: Beyond Dome of York: 84 Votes (56.00%)

Just kidding. :D

El_MUERkO
15-10-04, 14:17
Neocron 2: Beyond Dome of York: 94 Votes (55.95%)

Jesterthegreat
15-10-04, 14:30
Neocron 2: Beyond Dome of York: 99 Votes (56.25%)

hahaha

:edit: tbh it should be liisted in PvP :(

jernau
15-10-04, 15:00
Last time we did this on one of their polls they reset it didn't they? :o

Shinto
15-10-04, 15:01
Last time we did this on one of their polls they reset it didn't they? :o
on the last one we could just keep going in vote, revoteing and er voting again some more, can we do that with this one?

jernau
15-10-04, 15:42
on the last one we could just keep going in vote, revoteing and er voting again some more, can we do that with this one?I haven't tried it myself....... Nid's been quiet today though ;).

darknessfairy
15-10-04, 16:04
Anarchy Online: 49 Votes (22.79%)

Saga of Ryzom: 7 Votes (3.26%)

Star Wars Galaxies: 14 Votes (6.51%)

Dark Ages: 1 Votes (0.47%)

Planetside: 13 Votes (6.05%)

Neocron 2: Beyond Dome of York: 131 Votes (60.93%)

bwahahahahahahahaha :angel:

G.0.D.
15-10-04, 16:10
voted :)

djskum
15-10-04, 16:11
Neocron 2: Beyond Dome of York: 134 Votes (61.47%)

Nice. New blood....

DjSKum

Shinto
15-10-04, 16:14
funny we spend all our times bitching about the game, as soon as something like this comes we suddenly all start voting like mad lol

jernau
15-10-04, 16:16
funny we spend all our times bitching about the game, as soon as something like this comes we suddenly all start voting like mad lol
We wouldn't be here if we didn't think there was some hope left.

djskum
15-10-04, 16:17
We wouldn't be here if we didn't think there was some hope left.

Maybe we're just stupid...

Dj

Shinto
15-10-04, 16:17
very true good sir

edit: lol or stupid which ever

Opar
15-10-04, 17:22
Anarchy Online: 58 Votes (24.27%)
Saga of Ryzom: 7 Votes (2.93%)
Star Wars Galaxies: 15 Votes (6.28%)
Dark Ages: 1 Votes (0.42%)
Planetside: 15 Votes (6.28%)
Neocron 2: Beyond Dome of York: 143 Votes (59.83%)

Good Game.

:p

When does voting close?

Spermy
15-10-04, 17:25
*Cue inflammatory comment*

Now does neocron count as best Scifi, well... yes.

BUT!

Should it be included in the best expansion also?

*Politics suck*

jernau
15-10-04, 17:30
*Cue inflammatory comment*

Now does neocron count as best Scifi, well... yes.

BUT!

Should it be included in the best expansion also?

*Politics suck*
Forget that - the one that makes no sense is the PvP one. Has anyone emailed them? I would hope KK have - it would make a nice banner on their homepage.

Spermy
15-10-04, 17:36
Forget that - the one that makes no sense is the PvP one. Has anyone emailed them? I would hope KK have - it would make a nice banner on their homepage.

What I'm waiting for is a mainstream vote - that'll be a real measure of it's success. It's a sad though - but I doubt 100 votes make a publicity statement.

I agree though - It has the most open and enjoyable PvP system ever.

jernau
15-10-04, 17:39
What I'm waiting for is a mainstream vote - that'll be a real measure of it's success. It's a sad though - but I doubt 100 votes make a publicity statement.

It's a big step up from a quote from an X-Box website that folded before that console got to market ;).

Also more people means NC2 won't win.

Tratos
15-10-04, 17:42
Neocron 2: Beyond Dome of York: 149 Votes (60.08%)

GG MAN GG (Damn RvB :p)

Winnars.

Miss Naughty
15-10-04, 18:08
I tried getting a friend at work to vote, seems like it logs your ip address so you can only vote once?

Ozzon
15-10-04, 18:23

I mailed them, but I don't think that they will change the poll after voting started...

sebastien
15-10-04, 18:41

Yah unfortunately if 10% of AO's players found out about that poll and voted, I think we'd be vastly outnumbered. TBH I still think AO is a very solid game, although I heard that for some ppl the expansions really messed things up.

As far as PvP, shadowbane is basically the only "real" PvP game, meaning its 100% open, anytime, anyplace. No factions, just player-created guilds and player-created cities, etc.

Normally I do not approve of faction-based games, but with NC2 it is well done because (a) there's more than just two factions, (b) you can PvP outside of the faction guidelines if you need to.

Fyrn
15-10-04, 20:06
Update (15/10): We added Planetside and Neocron 2 to the Player vs. Player category. Since we were originally aiming to have a FPS poll, but didn't really classify NC2 as a pure FPS, and would've had only PS and NC2 in it, we decided that it is indeed right to let them compete in the Player vs. Player poll as well. We have also added all Space Simulation games to the Science-Fiction poll by readers request.

If you have voted on any of these polls, and you wish your vote to be removed in favor of another game, mail awards@mmhell.com with your username and the poll name, and we will remove your vote. This only goes for the two changed polls, and for people who have logged in.

Sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Also - No, NC2 doesn't belong in the Expansion category, as it has been made clear by Reakktor that NC2 is a SEQUEL, not an expansion. Otherwise - Yes, it'd be there, and "Neocron" would be in the best Sci-Fi standing for all of the NC franchise.

As far as multiple voting goes - you can vote every 24 hours, if you haven't logged in. However, our system can detect IP patterns, with factors like time and vote count in mind. So we can run a clean up that will detect near to 100% of all malicious votes, and we will use it.

If you vote once every 24 hours, that is legitimate, as everyone can do it for their game.

If NC2 gets an outrageous number of votes, leaving all other games behind by a crazy amount, we will also manually investigate and maybe adjust our system to it. So don't even try..

jernau
15-10-04, 20:13
Nice.

/edit - voted.

Everyone remember to vote again tomorrow.

Spermy
15-10-04, 20:15
*Screams*

OMFG! They're going to fix it!

NC2 will never win!

Shame really - just cos we all voted... I mean - it's legit... right?

Darth Slayer
15-10-04, 20:16
Why we losing the PVP part of this Poll ?

Scorpius.

jernau
15-10-04, 20:17
*Screams*

OMFG! They're going to fix it!

NC2 will never win!

Shame really - just cos we all voted... I mean - it's legit... right?I read it that they consider that fine as long as we don't cheat (in ways I won't expand on...). After all - the other games can have a thread like this too if they want.

/edit @Scorpius - because we only got in that category a few minutes ago.

Birkoff
15-10-04, 20:17
Why we losing the PVP part of this Poll ?

Scorpius.

b/c we were only added 15 misn ago

voted

Fyrn
15-10-04, 20:30
As I said, the system allows you to vote every 24 hours, if you use that feature - you're on the legit side. If you guys are so determined to make NC2 win, and everyone of you votes once every 24 hours until mid december - then so be it.

You just shouldn't try to "cheat" the system in any way, because I'm sure as hell going to notice and fix it. So if you don't want to ruin it, stay within those limits. If you go on like this, with 100 votes a day or so, NC2 is gonna win anyway.

But yes, I'm spreading the word to all other game communities, and they are encouraged to put their game up on #1 :)

hudsonbeck
15-10-04, 20:41
GO VOTE BEST PVP!!!!
we only have 13 votes atm :D

Hudson

p.s. Why is NC2 not in "Most Anticipated Science-Fiction 2004"

would be nice to go up against [self-edited] :p :p :p

Candaman
15-10-04, 20:45
talk about promoting ur site

Ascension
15-10-04, 20:54
Shouldnt the Neocron 2 site should have a banner saying vote Neocron 2 as best Sci-fi blah blah.. anyone? :p

Ascension
15-10-04, 20:55
Guys vote on the PVP one FFS.. no other MMO has pvp like Neocron.. so lets not let the Poll lie! ;)

Opar
15-10-04, 21:00
We're 2nd already in the PvP. GET YO SKINNY ASSES VOTING! :p

Nidhogg
15-10-04, 21:19
Also - No, NC2 doesn't belong in the Expansion category, as it has been made clear by Reakktor that NC2 is a SEQUEL, not an expansion.
Thanks for altering your poll and I hate to complicate an already complicated situation but Reakktor have made it clear that NC2 is actually an expansion...
Since suprisingly so many veteran community members tend to think that NC2 is (or better should be) a completely new game, I feel the urge to let everyone know that NC2 is in fact "Neocron - Beyond Dome of York", a huge expansion pack for NC, which was communicated to the NC-community as nothing more (but also as nothing less) than a big expansion pack for years. It is by no way a completely new game, but an expansion pack... an expansion pack... an expansion pack.
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=1569019#post1569019
Sorry. ;)

N

whifix
15-10-04, 22:24
Link doesn't work for me Nidhogg. Says I'm not allowed access.

Nidhogg
15-10-04, 22:55
Link doesn't work for me Nidhogg. Says I'm not allowed access.
Ah, that's because it was posted in the beta forum which is now only accessible to the QA team (and mods, of course). Sorry about that - take my word for it, it is a genuine quote.

N

Ozzon
15-10-04, 23:08
Woot woot!
I got a response for my mail:

"Hello Ozzie,

After the NC2 Forums and others have complained, I just added Planetside and
NC2 to the PVP poll. Originally we were going for a "FPS" poll, but now it's
just going to stay in the PVP poll.

Spread the word :)"

Weeeeee

Jesterthegreat
15-10-04, 23:12
Woot woot!
I got a response for my mail:

Weeeeee

we already knew this :)

good work contacting them about this though, positive attitude and all

:edit: por-active, not positive :p

Fyrn
15-10-04, 23:56
Thanks for altering your poll and I hate to complicate an already complicated situation but Reakktor have made it clear that NC2 is actually an expansion...
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=1569019#post1569019
Sorry. ;)

N

Then you have to blame them :) Their PR Agency made it very clear, several times, via direct E-Mails to me (response to news posts which announced BDOY as expansion and so on) that NC2 should be handled as a "Sequel". Of course it's not a completely new game, as it still includes the original Neocron, but oh well.. I don't recall that there was an official Press Release actually clarifying this.

I wont add NC2 to the Best Expansion now anymore, but I can change "Neocron 2: Beyond Dome of York" to just "Neocron" on the other categories. What do you think?

jernau
16-10-04, 00:01
I'm nothing to do with KK but I'd say it's better not to - at least as it is some new people might be made aware there's a sequel/expansion available.

Nidhogg
16-10-04, 00:41
Obviously, being just a lowly mod I can't provide official direction with regard to product marketing, but my suggestion would be to leave it as Neocron 2 - Beyond Dome of York. Your patience is appreciated!

N

Tratos
16-10-04, 01:12
Somthing tells me Nids posting has beocome alot most precise ;) but hey your the most active person to do with KK on the english board...we have to look somwhere right? :p

Voted.

Seven
16-10-04, 04:28
Neocron 2 - Beyond Dome of York. Your patience is appreciated!

N

Sounds like an appropriate title for the box. :D

amfest
16-10-04, 14:26
Looks like Dark age of camalot is winning pvp poll but NC2 is winning the best science fiction one with over 200 votes . .next runner up is only 100 votes

Ascension
16-10-04, 14:41
we are 2 behind DAOC on the pvp poll and ripping the sox off everyone on the sci-fi mmo :lol:

jernau
16-10-04, 14:45
Winning now.

Ascension
16-10-04, 14:47
Winning now.

aeeei! damn tht looks good.. and it also tells everyone who has the best community :D

amfest
16-10-04, 15:40
aeeei! damn tht looks good.. and it also tells everyone who has the best community :D
you mean worst community. When we're not griefing ingame we're out griefing other MMOs :D

j/k

Spermy
16-10-04, 16:57
Neocron Fans - Synonymous with Robin reliant drivers. Noone has a clue WHY they stand by thier choice, but they defend it with the tenacity of a 72 year old in a post office queue...

Ascension
17-10-04, 11:11
er.. so i can vote again lol :lol:

QuantumDelta
17-10-04, 11:47
Neocron Fans - Synonymous with Robin reliant drivers. Noone has a clue WHY they stand by thier choice, but they defend it with the tenacity of a 72 year old in a post office queue...
Classic.

--

Anyone seriously believe they'd class NC2/BDOY as the best MMORPG Expansion around...?

Sure, it's by far and above the best PvP MMORPG and easily one of the best Sci-FI MMORPGs, but that expansion, what's it done for the game so far, other than allow remarketing?
The actual ingame content, compared to other MMORPGs?
Sure, it's not KKs fault, they are a tad on the understaffed side compared to say.....Square-Enix.... but promethia was a better expansion...(example).

Glad we're winning the PvP/Sci-Fi ones, as we should do, though.

Best Science-Fiction 2004 Best Science-Fiction MMOG in 2004
Anarchy Online: 133 Votes (23.54%)
Saga of Ryzom: 16 Votes (2.83%)
Star Wars Galaxies: 26 Votes (4.60%)
Planetside: 53 Votes (9.38%)
Neocron 2: Beyond Dome of York: 323 Votes (57.17%)
Eve Online: 10 Votes (1.77%)

Best Player vs. Player 2004 The best featured Player vs. Player combat in 2004
Lineage 2: 23 Votes (5.97%)
Dark Age of Camelot: 94 Votes (24.42%)
Shadowbane: 16 Votes (4.16%)
Asheron's Call: 6 Votes (1.56%)
Neocron 2: Beyond Dome of York: 180 Votes (46.75%)
Planetside: 66 Votes (17.14%)

jernau
17-10-04, 12:57
Agreed QD. I certainly wouldn't vote for NC2 if it were in the Expansion category.

.Cyl0n
17-10-04, 14:52
Anarchy Online: 135 Votes (22.73%)
Saga of Ryzom: 17 Votes (2.86%)
Star Wars Galaxies: 27 Votes (4.55%)
Dark Ages: 1 Votes (0.17%)
Planetside: 56 Votes (9.43%)
Neocron 2: Beyond Dome of York: 343 Votes (57.74%)
DarkSpace: 1 Votes (0.17%)
Eve Online: 12 Votes (2.02%)
Jumpgate: 2 Votes (0.34%)

:lol:

Genty
17-10-04, 16:18
It's all very nice getting Neocron winning all these polls, however, lets be fair, the site hardly has the following to make people give a shit about Neocron anyway as it just does not have the credability that sites like Gamespy have, who don't even notice Neocron a best.

Untill the Neocron beta comp at that site, 90% of the Neocron community would probably not of heard of it and anyway, who cares that Neocron wins when it only gonna be the people who are in the community who vote for "their" game. I somehow doubt it will drag in any new players (not that the game is ready for new people yet anyway, so i hear)

Fyrn
17-10-04, 17:12
It's all very nice getting Neocron winning all these polls, however, lets be fair, the site hardly has the following to make people give a shit about Neocron anyway as it just does not have the credability that sites like Gamespy have, who don't even notice Neocron a best.

Untill the Neocron beta comp at that site, 90% of the Neocron community would probably not of heard of it and anyway, who cares that Neocron wins when it only gonna be the people who are in the community who vote for "their" game. I somehow doubt it will drag in any new players (not that the game is ready for new people yet anyway, so i hear)

MM Hell is relatively new, yea. About 1 Year old now. But the fact that Neocron is rather unknown in the international market isn't the fault of the Press, so much is for sure.

We had thousands of people competing in that Sci-Fi contest where we also gave away the first 100 AO:AI Beta Accounts, so we've had the attention of a LOT of Sci-Fi players. But - we're giving each game the same chance on these polls, I've also posted in for example the AO forums, and we've even received a mention on the official AO news for it. It is all about letting people vote for their game, for what they think is the best/most anticipated one. If you just vote for Neocron because you currently pay for it, or because you don't like any of the other games, it'd just be like you vote for Bush just because you don't like Kerry's haircut or something. We can't do anything about it, and the vote is still perfectly legal.

The mass of votes for NC2 (which is growing and growing) will most likely be decimated as soon as I check them for patterns and stuff. As I'm almost 100% sure that at least a handful of persons kept on voting more than once every 24 hours :)

And to clarify it more, as to why we chose to make these awards "readers choice" - in MMORPGs, the community, can make up for a lot of shortcomings in the actual game. As the community is what MMORPGs are all about. So instead of choosing a game from just a bunch of editors point of view, we let the community choose.

Oh and, about dragging new players in - we didn't create this as a marketing campaign for Neocron or any of the other games. It's not our job to drag new players into Neocron either.

Ascension
17-10-04, 23:59
The mass of votes for NC2 (which is growing and growing) will most likely be decimated as soon as I check them for patterns and stuff. As I'm almost 100% sure that at least a handful of persons kept on voting more than once every 24 hours :)

Dont gimmi that shit.. sort it out so you cant vote more than once.. :rolleyes: and the fact that neocron has one of the most tight-knit mmo communities could also be a reason we are winning.. because we actually read the forums etc..

so i dont think 'decimated' is the right word PAL! ;)

MkVenner
18-10-04, 00:04
yeah i'd agree with asc, the community here might have a few internal rivalries n stuff, but pretty much all the players read the forums, mebbe not post, but read yeah, and alot of them will defend NC to the hilt over other MMOs (remeber when there was that little fight going on on MMORPG.com lol) so i doubt decimated is the word :p

G.0.D.
18-10-04, 00:06
Word, Neocron is winning both polls its in :p

QuantumDelta
18-10-04, 00:24
Oh and, about dragging new players in - we didn't create this as a marketing campaign for Neocron or any of the other games. It's not our job to drag new players into Neocron either.

No, it's ours, and things like this, is one of the ways we do it.

As much as I dislike some of the qualities of this community, and the ingame content side whine of things;

Their ethos behind getting people to play the game, is one that's worth standing by.

So long as there is people playing this game, there will be people looking to pimp this game to those who do not play it.

This, is one of those ways.

300 is hardly the number of the neocron community, 300 is possibly, close to the number of forum users that are active in the english forums at the moment.
That's not everyone.

Stop being so paranoid.

Edit;
What you will probably see happen is this;
An explosion of votes as many neocron players are very involved and will see this, voting quickly.

These players will show this thread or mention it to their friends and clan mates.
They will vote too.

That explosion, obviously, has a limit;
The number of people playing who will vote.

Unfortunately, ultimately, the number of people who are likely to vote is lower than those of the other MMORPGs.
It's just that Neocron will almost always get there first because of the size and awareness in the community.

Ascension
18-10-04, 00:26
300 is hardly the number of the neocron community, 300 is possibly, close to the number of forum users that are active in the english forums at the moment.
That's not everyone.

Stop being so paranoid.

Exactly.. when NC 1 went to NC 2 the forums nearly beat the record for users ever online.. which is over 1150 if im correct.. so if your coming here and claiming we are double voting to 'pimp' the game then you got another thing coming.. :mad:

BunkerBoy
18-10-04, 00:32
from what i can tell theres well over 1500 ppl that play this game...and probably more than that even.
and dunno if this was said already but were in pvP now.
Best Player vs. Player 2004-Neocron 2: Beyond Dome of York: 241 Votes (51.61%)
and best science fiction- Neocron 2: Beyond Dome of York: 389 Votes (56.71%)

"Update (15/10): We added Planetside and Neocron 2 to the Player vs. Player category. Since we were originally aiming to have a FPS poll, but didn't really classify NC2 as a pure FPS, and would've had only PS and NC2 in it, we decided that it is indeed right to let them compete in the Player vs. Player poll as well. We have also added all Space Simulation games to the Science-Fiction poll by readers request."

edit: also plz vote EnB for most unjustified cancelation! :)

Nidhogg
18-10-04, 01:07
Everyone calm down please - notice the smiley at the end of Fyrn's statement. ;)

N

jernau
18-10-04, 10:34
No, it's ours
It's not our job either QD. Its something a lot of us have done voluntarily but it's not something anyone should be expected to do. We are customers here, not employees.

THE_TICK!!!!
18-10-04, 15:19
comunity effort in something like this is worthwile...you say your a customer...and thats fine...but i personally feel like more than a customer..so ill help the game anyway i can.

jernau
18-10-04, 15:20
comunity effort in something like this is worthwile...you say your a customer...and thats fine...but i personally feel like more than a customer..so ill help the game anyway i can.
Indeed, you don't have to though. It's up to you to decide.

Ascension
18-10-04, 15:25
Everyone calm down please - notice the smiley at the end of Fyrn's statement. ;)

N

smiley or not thts what he was hinting at :mad:

anyways:

Best Science-Fiction 2004
Neocron 2: Beyond Dome of York: 420 Votes (53.64%)

Best Player vs. Player 2004
Neocron 2: Beyond Dome of York: 270 Votes (51.82%)

Znurf
18-10-04, 15:30
You shouldnt be allowed to vote if you havnet tried all those games, if you only played neocron and voting for neocron to win... omg? :P

And how can neocron even get votes with all these bugs and errors :P
To bad you cant vote -1 i would, but i would still continue to play, cause you get addicted as hell, but you know the game is crap o_O

Ascension
18-10-04, 16:49
You shouldnt be allowed to vote if you havnet tried all those games, if you only played neocron and voting for neocron to win... omg? :P

And how can neocron even get votes with all these bugs and errors :P
To bad you cant vote -1 i would, but i would still continue to play, cause you get addicted as hell, but you know the game is crap o_O

but it isnt crap.. the concept is fantastic the bugs are crap :p

Nasher
18-10-04, 17:55
Wow NC is steaming ahead, those big budget games like SWG are getting left in the dust :eek:

Opar
19-10-04, 08:57
Crisis here people

Anarchy Online: 265 Votes (23.08%)
Saga of Ryzom: 245 Votes (21.34%)
Neocron 2: Beyond Dome of York: 451 Votes (39.29%)

ZEE GAP IZ COLOZING!

Seven
19-10-04, 09:18
What's the difference?
The only thing that matters is how many people are "actually" online at any given time playing Neocron.

QuantumDelta
19-10-04, 19:41
Oh dear, we have been nubbed.

Saga of Ryzom: 552 Votes (35.52%)

Star Wars Galaxies: 53 Votes (3.41%)

Dark Ages: 4 Votes (0.26%)

Planetside: 83 Votes (5.34%)

Neocron 2: Beyond Dome of York: 473 Votes (30.44%)

jernau
19-10-04, 19:44
I noticed that they added SoR earlier.

When I played it the community over there was very good and is a lot bigger than NC. If they've decided to win, NC is boned.

Sigma
19-10-04, 19:48
Oh dear, we have been nubbed.

Saga of Ryzom: 552 Votes (35.52%)

Star Wars Galaxies: 53 Votes (3.41%)

Dark Ages: 4 Votes (0.26%)

Planetside: 83 Votes (5.34%)

Neocron 2: Beyond Dome of York: 473 Votes (30.44%)

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHahahahahhahahahaha

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How embarrassing.

:lol:

jernau
19-10-04, 19:52
No, embarrasing would be losing the PVP one to a game from a small dev house.

**waits**

Birkoff
19-10-04, 19:58
Ryzom was more boring than NC last time i played it (closed beta haha)
THey must of got ther shit together.... i wish KK would.

jernau
19-10-04, 20:04
Ryzom was more boring than NC last time i played it (closed beta haha)
THey must of got ther shit together.... i wish KK would.
I played it for almost a year I suppose in the various open and closed betas and rather liked it. I normally hate 3rd person games and click&snore combat but somehow it has something.

The devs are so much more together than KK it's almost funny. The community is very similar in some ways but without the "I pwn joo" morons we have.

Opar
19-10-04, 20:31
We woz robbed.

phunqe
19-10-04, 20:38
Neocron 2 - Beyond Dome of York. Your patience is appreciated!

Sounds like an appropriate title for the box. :D

ROFL... Now THAT'S signature material :p ;) ;)

Birkoff
20-10-04, 18:08
I played it for almost a year I suppose in the various open and closed betas and rather liked it. I normally hate 3rd person games and click&snore combat but somehow it has something.

The devs are so much more together than KK it's almost funny. The community is very similar in some ways but without the "I pwn joo" morons we have.

YOu can't d/l and try it free can you?

jernau
20-10-04, 18:20
YOu can't d/l and try it free can you?
I don't think so. I was intending to pre-order it (beta testers got some nice perks if they pre-ordered) but missed the chance so it dropped down my priority list a bit.

I just had a quick look on their website (http://www.ryzom.com/) and couldn't see a free trial though it's only been out about a month so that's not unusual.

That page is kept a lot more up to date that certain MMOs I could mention though so maybe check back in a bit or post on the forums if there's a public one now (there didn't used to be but I expect there is now).

The MMHell poll is on their frontpage I noticed.

Ozzon
20-10-04, 18:56
Best Player vs. Player 2004

Lineage 2: 69 Votes (5.95%)
Dark Age of Camelot: 188 Votes (16.22%)
Shadowbane: 46 Votes (3.97%)
Asheron's Call: 21 Votes (1.81%)
Neocron 2: Beyond Dome of York: 391 Votes (33.74%)
Planetside: 444 Votes (38.31%)

Anarchy Online: 344 Votes (12.75%)
Saga of Ryzom: 812 Votes (30.09%)
Star Wars Galaxies: 91 Votes (3.37%)
Dark Ages: 5 Votes (0.19%)
Planetside: 547 Votes (20.27%)
Neocron 2: Beyond Dome of York: 548 Votes (20.30%)
DarkSpace: 12 Votes (0.44%)
Eve Online: 333 Votes (12.34%)
Jumpgate: 7 Votes (0.26%)

We are teh losers... :(

phunqe
20-10-04, 18:59

Anarchy Online: 344 Votes (12.75%)
Saga of Ryzom: 812 Votes (30.09%)
Star Wars Galaxies: 91 Votes (3.37%)
Dark Ages: 5 Votes (0.19%)
Planetside: 547 Votes (20.27%)
Neocron 2: Beyond Dome of York: 548 Votes (20.30%)
DarkSpace: 12 Votes (0.44%)
Eve Online: 333 Votes (12.34%)
Jumpgate: 7 Votes (0.26%)

Seriously.. if Planetside is in that list, where is UT2004 etc... Planetside fits as much in that list as UT2004 IMO.

J. Folsom
20-10-04, 19:20
Seriously.. if Planetside is in that list, where is UT2004 etc... Planetside fits as much in that list as UT2004 IMO.
It's MMHell, UT doesn't count as a Massively Multiplayer, while Planetside does.

Ascension
20-10-04, 19:24
Okay im curious as to why Saga of Ryzom is in the Science fiction list.. just looking at the site screams 'fantasy' it reminds me of Lineage 2 :wtf:

phunqe
20-10-04, 19:25
Well ok... but your could just create an uber large map in UT2004 :p

I'm just a bit disgruntled :p

EDIT: I mean all the games in that list are Sci-Fi RPGs, except PS. A player that doens't know this might wrongly go for PS, when it's NC he/she wants :D

J. Folsom
20-10-04, 19:28
EDIT: I mean all the games in that list are Sci-Fi RPGs, except PS.
That's true, but on the other hand PS is basically the only well-known MMO Sci-fi FPS :p

Neocron should really have a category of it's own though. Just imagine it:

Best Cyberpunk RPG game in retail?

1. Neocron 2
2. Anarchy Online

Battle of the 2 eternal contenders!

jernau
20-10-04, 19:32
Okay im curious as to why Saga of Ryzom is in the Science fiction list.. just looking at the site screams 'fantasy' it reminds me of Lineage 2 :wtf:It's somewhere between the two and IMO much more SF than fantasy.

It's not all wizards and goblins - the four races are all basically human and have human limitations bar the ability to use magic which is handled very much like PSI is in NC and many other SF works.

The story is pure sci-fi but not cyberpunk.

Gameplay-wise it's nothing like L2. It's fun for a start.

Fyrn
20-10-04, 20:17
Actually, Ryzom is completely Science-Fiction. Just because it's not based on earth, and not based on humans, doesn't mean it's any less Sci-Fi..

If you've only seen the "Sword & Sorcery" part of the game, check one of their trailers - I forgot which it was. There was a LARGE scale battle with rocket launcher like guns and stuff like that. And you have these weird space ships, and teleporter guys, and who knows what else.. it's just ..french :)

And Planetside is definitely Science-Fiction. It's also FPS, just like Neocron 2. OK - it is 100% PvP, it doesn't have anything but PvP, but that doesn't make it any less Science-Fiction right? I'm willing to argue on that though, for next years awards. Where I will probably use the whole year to prepare.

phunqe
20-10-04, 20:24
And Planetside is definitely Science-Fiction. It's also FPS, just like Neocron 2. OK - it is 100% PvP, it doesn't have anything but PvP, but that doesn't make it any less Science-Fiction right? I'm willing to argue on that though, for next years awards. Where I will probably use the whole year to prepare.

No, just that you can easily get the impression that it has RPG elements when it's in that list with the others :)

But it doesn't matter, hopefully most people know "the truth" by now anyway ;) :p

jernau
20-10-04, 20:48
Actually, Ryzom is completely Science-Fiction. Just because it's not based on earth, and not based on humans, doesn't mean it's any less Sci-Fi..

If you've only seen the "Sword & Sorcery" part of the game, check one of their trailers - I forgot which it was. There was a LARGE scale battle with rocket launcher like guns and stuff like that. And you have these weird space ships, and teleporter guys, and who knows what else.. it's just ..french :)
The parts I would call fantasy are the Earth-mother huggy-feely stuff, some aspects of the way magic is used (eg enchantments) and a few parts of the back-story. The details of the Kami and Karavan (the alien-type guys with the teleporters) are deliberately vague I think as to whether they are (and/or work for) aliens, gods or something else. I never saw any space-ships when I was playing (all we had was these things like camels) but they may be new.

I definitely wouldn't say it was an easy one to classify. "French" is probably the best description - anyone that played Captain Blood will know what I mean.

btw - It's nice to have you hanging out here, listening to us ramble and discuss things with us. It's always good to see things from another perspective and we don't get many journo types on here to tell us how they view NC.

Fyrn
20-10-04, 21:57
The parts I would call fantasy are the Earth-mother huggy-feely stuff, some aspects of the way magic is used (eg enchantments) and a few parts of the back-story. The details of the Kami and Karavan (the alien-type guys with the teleporters) are deliberately vague I think as to whether they are (and/or work for) aliens, gods or something else. I never saw any space-ships when I was playing (all we had was these things like camels) but they may be new.

I definitely wouldn't say it was an easy one to classify. "French" is probably the best description - anyone that played Captain Blood will know what I mean.

btw - It's nice to have you hanging out here, listening to us ramble and discuss things with us. It's always good to see things from another perspective and we don't get many journo types on here to tell us how they view NC.

By Spaceships I actually meant the floating teleporter guy things. If those are not spaceship - what are they? Heh.

And yea, I even told their PR Agency that if I would be the one reviewing Ryzom, I'd just write the word "french" 500 times, and give it a rough 7-8/10. That's the good "french" though :) They have the talent to create such weird stuff.

And I never said how I think about NC actually. But for what it's worth: I think NC2, and especially the whole cyberpunk thing (I don't think AO is cyberpunk) has a LOT of potential. It's just not as accepted as the typical Swords & Sorcery type or fantasy games. I personally dislike it (I am actually into the Swords & Sorcery stuff myself), but still think it's pretty cool. If KK would put some more effort into developing a feature rich background story, maybe having a dedicated server for that (for the ones that like RP), and driving that with events, that would probably bring a lot of players just by word-of-mouth.

Ivory
20-10-04, 22:04
And I never said how I think about NC actually. But for what it's worth: I think NC2, and especially the whole cyberpunk thing (I don't think AO is cyberpunk) has a LOT of potential. It's just not as accepted as the typical Swords & Sorcery type or fantasy games. I personally dislike it (I am actually into the Swords & Sorcery stuff myself), but still think it's pretty cool. If KK would put some more effort into developing a feature rich background story, maybe having a dedicated server for that (for the ones that like RP), and driving that with events, that would probably bring a lot of players just by word-of-mouth.

Thats you told KK from a person who prolly hasnt even played the game properly. Nuff said.

Tostino
20-10-04, 22:29
Keep voting!! We are almost 100 behind planet side :(

Ozzon
21-10-04, 03:39
Planetside and Saga of Ryzom got this on their main pages, KK you could at least make this a sticky... I mean come on!

THE_TICK!!!!
21-10-04, 07:29
BLEH we losing...VOTE DAMNIT VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!8| :D

Jesterthegreat
21-10-04, 13:00
we wont outvote ryzom... but losing to PS i just embarassing...

its UT2K4 with added lag and a monthly subscription :(