PDA

View Full Version : MC5 help

CyberKhan
15-10-04, 02:16
I would like to know where to enter MC5 and what setup really to use.
We took a team of all neraly capped, 2 APU, 2 PPU, and a PE, and mor eor less got owned by the high level bots. One shot killed most of the people including the PPUs, fully buffed. One shot, over 280 dmg each time. We tried differetn setups resists, as I heard they did Xray dmg, but still not much changed. Even with full shelters 400hps and 50 in natural xray 50 from armor and over 190 in energy resist, my APU died in 1-2 shots max. The guns seemed unlimited range, and the bots can climb even the steepest mountains. We did manage to run to an entrance with some low level bots, and with some hiding, dodging managed to kill a lot of them and make it to the main base in the Center.

Now, there were 5 security officers (people) that surrounded us, and only after a long time was our PE able to make it up the ramp and into the yellows doors. He ran past 4 more sec officers only to end up at another yellow door that would not open. He ran back out and to our dismay, nearly 3 hours of our time was wasted because we could not get in.
The other 3 entrances are all guarded by high level mobs, and im sorry but with 2 nearly capped PPUS protecting you, to die in one shot is just way way overpowered. I mean most of the time, i never even saw them shoot, just ran into targeting range, and DIED. Probablyu because of the server/damage lag, but still, one shot???
So where do we get in, and what setup works the best? I would really like to try hunting in there, but without even being able to remotely stand a chance, its not even fun, its just annoying to die every 3 seconds, no matter the setup. thanks.

joran420
15-10-04, 02:38
ypu thats MC 5

a better setup involves about 80-90 con

naimex
15-10-04, 02:55
in neocron 1 it helped to have a lot of poison resist inside the mc5 place.

also they have the range of a sniper on their plasma rifles..

you have to have a consetup and armor and buff setup that goes well with their damage type to survive..

its not unusual, its not overpowered.. theres a trick to it.

atleast there was in neocron1.

and the second door inside isnt supposed to work, since it was removed in the end of neocron 1, becaues mc5 was too easy with the safe room.

if i remember correctly a fully capped tank, with full ppus buffs, and con setup to match the mc5 mobs, lost 270 to 350 hlt per burst from an mc5 place..

so I´m not surprised you´re apus and pe´s got hammered big time.

JustIn_Case
15-10-04, 10:42
I think there is 3 bases in the MC-5 sector. To get parts to MC-5 implants you need to kill the base commander, and he can only be found inside one of them bases (in NC-1 anyway, might have changed). The base commander is inside the base that has the fake GR building outside and it sounds like you found the right place since you mentioned a ramp, the other bases has stairs.

And as mentioned, the yellow door isnt suposed to work, you must find a way to survive inside the base.

tiikeri
15-10-04, 10:53
tank with capd xray and enr resist + holy shelter + holy heal used to be able to resist 2-3 mc5 guards agro.. but dunno these days.

Sorin
15-10-04, 11:13
tank with capd xray and enr resist + holy shelter + holy heal used to be able to resist 2-3 mc5 guards agro.. but dunno these days.

So if you wanted to spec an MC5 tank whore, you'd skip fire resist altogether and go for max xray/energy? And no deflector of any kind?

[TgR]KILLER
15-10-04, 11:22
afaik the few times i'v been in mc5 the mobs dit energy so a deflector wouldn't help a bit anyway since thats for force dmg.. but holy heal + holy heal sanctum would be nice :)

Dargeshaad
15-10-04, 11:31
Deflector is still nice if you're a tank using Mal/MS since they do force dmg, usually 20% of the dmg I take is self-inflicted :lol:

evs
15-10-04, 11:38
So if you wanted to spec an MC5 tank whore, you'd skip fire resist altogether and go for max xray/energy? And no deflector of any kind?

No not at all - a normal near cap/capped tank is good enough.

With a haz 3 you can can max out a tank's natural xray resist, and then wear full enr armour to cap out enr total armour.

with a holy shelter / heal and some cover, you can do it.

Original monk
15-10-04, 12:19
yust keep hanging around there until the commander haunts you in youre dreams and you will do fine...

sundaymorning MC5ing with lagspikes over 2000 ping > all

atleast ya learn to be carefull inside there :)

if ya have trouble with other people ripping youre hardearned commander then yust kill them

setupwise its peanuts actually, the ppu does all the work anyways and he better has a decent rezzspell and ffcourse a constant HH and HHsanctum running, best combinations are ppu+tank or ppu+apu

ya can do it with 4 people then it goes faster but then ya also gotta split up the parts in 4 o.O thats why personally i prefer 2 people :)

naimex
15-10-04, 14:43
I feel ignored..

as i said :

tests in neocron 1 has shown that having high poison resists has helped a tank/ppu team (1 of each) to successfully survive repeatedly inside the mc5 bunker, without leaving it, for other things than resetting it.

tiikeri
15-10-04, 15:13

well basicly, no. but depending on the weapon your going to use. if Mal/Doomie.. then you don't need force/prc. (correct me if i'm wrong the MC5 guards do only xray/enr damage?). If u use moonie, you need force.And what comes to fire.. depends on your weapons mod. if u use fire mod, then some might be useful. you might wanna go something like 71 fire, 110 enr, 84 xrr. armors inq4,pa3,inq4,heavy dura boots. and you more or less cap all exept poison.

On my MC5 whore tank i had 84 xrr and 110 energy(talking bout softcaps).
And all i needed was haz3 + holy shelter. the rest is up to the guards and the ppus heal :) if you get more than 3 guards aggroing you long time, your dead.

My MC5 "dream team" : 3 ppus, 2 tanks, 1 apu.
Tanks know what they do.
2 x PPUs stand behind the tanks and keep them alive.
3rd PPU runs around the place DBs all(or only commanders) and keeps the APU alive/rezzes him.
APU hides behind one tank/ppu team and waits until coms are DBd, gets heal running and drops as many HL/Apoc on the commander as possible, and hides again until tanks have aggro - again.
Rinse and repeat. 5-10 minutes per run in NC1.

Original monk
15-10-04, 15:17
I feel ignored..

as i said :

tests in neocron 1 has shown that having high poison resists has helped a tank/ppu team (1 of each) to successfully survive repeatedly inside the mc5 bunker, without leaving it, for other things than resetting it.

this has been speculated alot, i dunno who did the tests but in my eyes poisonresist didnt make alot of diffrence, or not that i noticed ... altough my tank, apu and ppu all have reasonably high poisonresist so i couldnt tell for sure, nor did i ever test this. altough i wouldnt be suprised by neocrons buggyness that poisonresist got somesort of influence on all this, myself i wouldnt spec it especially for mc5 tough.. i also dont remember any official remarks made about mc5 and poisonresist, only notes about xray and energy come to mind.

i do know that there was a guy in there with a libby shooting (force dmg) at ya, the 80/80 dude (in NC1) ! we called em: "the force" cause he was the one that jumped behind the pillars, ducked and started shooting ya with a libby altough ya couldnt see the movement of he's hand or the libby itself o.O he surely did annoying damage tough, on itself no problem but as an apu after some hits from the commander this dude could do some mean things or even make it so that youre resist had it hard to kick in ..

dunno for sure about the poisonthingie tough, test it and post it here i would say :P

Birkoff
15-10-04, 15:20
The best way to get there is <-edited->

Anf the best way to actually do MC5 is <-edited->

BlackDove
15-10-04, 15:21
I would like to know where to enter MC5 and what setup really to use.
We took a team of all neraly capped, 2 APU, 2 PPU, and a PE, and mor eor less got owned by the high level bots. One shot killed most of the people including the PPUs, fully buffed. One shot, over 280 dmg each time. We tried differetn setups resists, as I heard they did Xray dmg, but still not much changed. Even with full shelters 400hps and 50 in natural xray 50 from armor and over 190 in energy resist, my APU died in 1-2 shots max. The guns seemed unlimited range, and the bots can climb even the steepest mountains. We did manage to run to an entrance with some low level bots, and with some hiding, dodging managed to kill a lot of them and make it to the main base in the Center.

Now, there were 5 security officers (people) that surrounded us, and only after a long time was our PE able to make it up the ramp and into the yellows doors. He ran past 4 more sec officers only to end up at another yellow door that would not open. He ran back out and to our dismay, nearly 3 hours of our time was wasted because we could not get in.
The other 3 entrances are all guarded by high level mobs, and im sorry but with 2 nearly capped PPUS protecting you, to die in one shot is just way way overpowered. I mean most of the time, i never even saw them shoot, just ran into targeting range, and DIED. Probablyu because of the server/damage lag, but still, one shot???
So where do we get in, and what setup works the best? I would really like to try hunting in there, but without even being able to remotely stand a chance, its not even fun, its just annoying to die every 3 seconds, no matter the setup. thanks.

:wtf: :lol:

:lol:

Sorry. I got out of there the other night with a part (god damn useless hawkins part). There were only two of us. PPU didn't even have Holy Rezz :lol:

Overpowered my ass.

Crest
15-10-04, 15:45
Havent been to MC5 in DOY yet, but if its un changed then
1) Techniques... there is a good techniques to it ... best way to pick this up is to watch others ... see what and how
2) PPU should no die there ... He has twice the shelter and shields of another as it halfs when casted on others
3) Cons setup, yes this is important
4) We find it easier with 2 than 4, as hard as that is to believe, with 4 guards react differenlty , as such Point (1) is different , and its a whole new ball game
5) APU / PPu clean up quicker, but APU has less life and needs more attention
6) Tank / PPU take a little longer but tank needs less loving .. .Some bug there that tanks buffs last longer than monks.

Learn and watch ... We camped there for 3 weeks before DOY came out .... every night and brought over 30 MC5 chips, gathered by 2 people, and left behind about 60 tech parts, which are lying in plaza 2 , Uranus, NC1 :)

Best advice, if you go in and someone is doing MC5, look at what they are doing, where they are standing, and how many of them there are ....

My PPu died about 4 times in 3 weeks, of which 2 were sync in bugs, 1 was cockey and 1 was buffs came off as they shot me ...
PPU needs shit hot spells, fast casts and good comunication. Team Speak make coms easy, then I need shields can be addressed quickly

Original monk
15-10-04, 15:54
PPU needs shit hot spells, fast casts and good comunication. Team Speak make coms easy, then I need shields can be addressed quickly

nice post from crest: indeed ya learn by copying others and graduatly develop youre own technique wich is based upon youre personal situation/charcombination, i always mc5ed in lan, its easier cause ya can yust yell if ya need buffs :) but same counts for teamspeak ffcourse ..

Dargeshaad
15-10-04, 17:17
Uhm because tanks buffs lasts longer is most likely because they're crouched 9/10th of the time using AoE. Crouching doubles the time of buffs, or were you refering to something else?

Crest
15-10-04, 17:55
Uhm because tanks buffs lasts longer is most likely because they're crouched 9/10th of the time using AoE. Crouching doubles the time of buffs, or were you refering to something else?

That I did not know ... I could never figure out why...

What it means though is its easier to PPU an apu without voice coms as you know when yuor buffs commin off so is the teams ..

thanks for that

whifix
15-10-04, 20:19
Try relogging before engauging the the mobs. Sometimes your buffs show that they are on in the bottom right but if you relog they are gone.

Underground
15-10-04, 20:24
Naimex, you deserved to be ignored, Lupus stated that MC5 mobs do energy and xray, not poison.

Sorin
24-10-04, 12:02
Not sure if this qualifies as on old thread yet or not :rolleyes: but anyways,

Which of the Tank AOE weapons have you guys found to work best? Malediction, Doom Beamer, or Moon Striker? And which kind of ammo mod?

Underground
24-10-04, 12:12
Not sure if this qualifies as on old thread yet or not :rolleyes: but anyways,

Which of the Tank AOE weapons have you guys found to work best? Malediction, Doom Beamer, or Moon Striker? And which kind of ammo mod?

Maled, higher ROF and more accurate, slightly less damage per hit tho but its what I prefer, I use fire mod as it does more then the Xray one in there.

Darkana
24-10-04, 12:26
CyberKhan, ignore all the guards "outside" in the MC5 zone. Important is the room you enter when running up the ramp. You can buff up at the "fake" GR building or at the gogo fence without being shot by anything and run in. In the room you have possibilities to hide (more or less).

The Base Commanders are the guys you are looking for, kill them, empty them and run out, stock up ammo and psi boosters, buff up and run in again :) There are more things like zoning out and in again to take away aggro etc.pp. but I think you will find out eventually. Good luck there!

r3yka
24-10-04, 13:55
Ok when your in the room (up the ramp) hid behind the little wall on the right and shot ur mal around the corner or barrel (btw PE is pointless there) only classes worth mc5 is tank and apu and ppu...the wall is the best protection u can get in there..with out it you're roast Base Commander meat

QuantumDelta
24-10-04, 14:06
Don't think PEs can solo there anymore, they used to be able to but with the back room, stealth, and glass, and everything else removed, the mini rocket launcher wont cut it anymore.
= Neocrons high level zones are shit.

=
Place isn't hard with a APU/PPU Combo though.

And roflmfao@The damage type discussion again.