PDA

View Full Version : Rifles (& Sniping & Spies)

StealthyAssassi
15-10-04, 01:08
Hi guys,
I have 2 questions please:
1) How do I level efficiently? I am Dex 80 now (with imps ;)), and I use a HEW Liquid Fire Rifle and a Commando Sniper - I leveled at launcher cyclops, and tried el farid village now, but I only see Monks and Tanks doing ubar AoE dmg.
2) How do I SNIPE efficiently? Because you have a higher viewing distance on the edge of the screen, people often see me if I try to shoot at them. I have to get much closer to see them in the middle of the screen.
Thanks

eLcHi
15-10-04, 10:10
How to level efficently ... well, i guess you are a Spy from what you said ...

First you need to get all the Implants for High Dex ... like a SF, a SRI, Exp. Balistic 3, Distance Weapon 3 and maybe a Exp. Reflex 4 Backbone ...

About where to level can be a little bit tricky, depends on if you are Anti-City or Pro-City ...

Anti-City usually go to Canyon Reloading Point Caves ... very hard mobs, i wouldn`t dare you to go there alone, but there`s usually a team around leveling

Pro-City ... well, you could hunt Warbots, sell the loot, get rareparts ... but you need 50 hack for that

Or you could go to a Swamp Cave (near Gravis and Sieger is one each) but you would have to bring a Poison Belt and STAY IN THE WATER ... mobs usually don`t Poison you in the water, BUT they might have changed that ...

Or put in a Law Enforcer and go to CRP anyway ;)

Snipe effectively ... hmmm, i heard turning on Direct-X 7 (instead of DX9) gives you a greater viewing distance ... ingame you would have to press F11 and turn off the Fog distance and put the Fox distance to Maximum ...

I hope that helps

wayoc
15-10-04, 15:05
The problem is not viewing distance but effective aiming distance:
before we could have targetted mobs without seeing them.

Now we have a very far seeing dist but this aiming distance limit didnt change.

Result: enemies see u without letting you snipe ;)

StealthyAssassi
15-10-04, 15:21
The problem is not viewing distance but effective aiming distance:
before we could have targetted mobs without seeing them.

It happens to me a lot that I can TARGET someone if I know where he is, but cant see him.

What do you mean by turning on DX7 instead of DX9?