PDA

View Full Version : No more buying from other FSM's even with 90 Symp?

evs
15-10-04, 00:31
Am i bugged?

I have 90 in all pro city factions, but they all tell me to bugger off apart from my own FSM.

Has this affected anyone else?

kurai
15-10-04, 00:36
It was changed a patch or two back.

Idola
15-10-04, 00:37
If I remember correctly, being able to buy from ANY Faction Supply Manager with 90+ loyalty (In the respective faction, obviously) was the bug, not what you're describing.

I could be wrong though, but I do remember one of the Game Masters (Lupus?) saying something along those lines.

joran420
15-10-04, 00:44
i think idola is right :(

unfortunatly

Jake Cutter
15-10-04, 00:45
This is something I really wish they would consider changing.

I'd say, that if you have 90+ FS, and have completed the epic in said faction, that you should be allowed to deal with the respective FSM, regardless of faction membership. Pro-city could deal with any pro-city FSM, and the same for DoY players.

Now for some real fun...they could make the Traders Union faction playable...and that could negate the pro-city or anti-city requirement.

Regards,
Jake Cutter

CyberKhan
15-10-04, 00:49
I think that it is really stupid not to allow you to buy after taking all that trouble to get 90 symp. Do you know how many missions you have to do in order to get that. And no I am not someone who cheats by killing a partners noob of enemy faction over and over. This forces people to have like 12 chars in order to be able to obtain things that they need. Not everyone has connections with people from the factions they need stuff from. The game should not FORCE you to rely on other people for things. It would be easier, but you should be able to do things solo if you wish. I don't relish the thought of being overcharged for obataining something from someone just because they have symp of 90.

joran420
15-10-04, 00:51
rofl....its pretty easy tbh...just have to find an anarchy zone frequented by enemy runners

then kill them all and you got like +90 in all allied factions to yer own

FTW IRL

evs
15-10-04, 09:52
If that's the case then it's now become a huge timesink :/

I have to move to TT to buy gear and then PP for drug parts.....

dammit what clown thought this one up

Idola
15-10-04, 09:58
If that's the case then it's now become a huge timesink :/

I have to move to TT to buy gear and then PP for drug parts.....

dammit what clown thought this one up

Personally, I haven't been effected by this change as I've always been able to get what I need. Interaction being the key (Hell, the biggest problem for me is getting a pro-city constructor to put the stuff together).

Even so; it's a little pretentious to call Neocron a time-sink, don't you think? Other than Biosfear, I doubt there any other MMORPGs where you can achieve so much in so little time.

evs
15-10-04, 10:42
Personally, I haven't been effected by this change as I've always been able to get what I need. Interaction being the key (Hell, the biggest problem for me is getting a pro-city constructor to put the stuff together).

Even so; it's a little pretentious to call Neocron a time-sink, don't you think? Other than Biosfear, I doubt there any other MMORPGs where you can achieve so much in so little time.

I play on an RP heavy server, enemy factions will not sell to their enemy.

I am not pretentious.

When something works - recreating it and making it take longer to do for the same outcome is 'introducing a time sink'

I also see you are new - welcome to nc :)

GIJ0e
15-10-04, 11:18

I am not pretentious.

When something works - recreating it and making it take longer to do for the same outcome is 'introducing a time sink'

how incredibly polite lol

i do like it when new players come along and somehow think they know it all, playing other mmorpg's really doesnt qualify you to be making judgements on this one.

its a massive timesink, as evs said on our server pro city will not sell to us, our ONLY option is to roll a pro city alt character and use them to get stuff. personally i'd call that a timesink AND a more than a touch annoying :)

welcome to neocron :p

athon
15-10-04, 12:56

I am not pretentious.

No one's thought to roleplay a spy (as in true alligiance is to the other city, not the class) then?

I'd be surprised if there isn't atleast one spy in both cities on every server.

Athon Solo

evs
15-10-04, 13:37
No one's thought to roleplay a spy (as in true alligiance is to the other city, not the class) then?

I'd be surprised if there isn't atleast one spy in both cities on every server.

Athon Solo

By your thinking there would have to be at least 1 spy for every faction who is loyal to the other side - and all would have 90 symp.

On a 2 slot server = nah dont think so.

Nice idea though.

MaGn0lia
15-10-04, 13:40
IMO doing the epic should kick you FS near 90 anyway. But WTH! I kill ppl on behalf of this POS faction and all they give me is 4-5 symp. I know, I get money and the epic item but still I think epic should be the major income of FS.

Jesterthegreat
15-10-04, 14:05
If I remember correctly, being able to buy from ANY Faction Supply Manager with 90+ loyalty (In the respective faction, obviously) was the bug, not what you're describing.

I could be wrong though, but I do remember one of the Game Masters (Lupus?) saying something along those lines.

yup. lupus has said thats the way it is, and the way it should be

Idola
15-10-04, 14:39
how incredibly polite lol

i do like it when new players come along and somehow think they know it all, playing other mmorpg's really doesnt qualify you to be making judgements on this one.

its a massive timesink, as evs said on our server pro city will not sell to us, our ONLY option is to roll a pro city alt character and use them to get stuff. personally i'd call that a timesink AND a more than a touch annoying :)

welcome to neocron :p

....and I also love it when people assume that someone with a recent forum registration is new to the game. I don't need to defend myself in this area though, so I won't. Suffice to say I've been around long enough to make judgements on the game.

Secondly, aren't "massive" timesinks part of the MMORPG experience? Third, I can manage and I'm sure as heck not the only one, so why can't you?

Finally....Evs, if you could point me in the direction of this "RP Heavy" server for Neocron it would be most appreciated. The most Roleplay I've seen is...well...I'm sure you've seen "that" thread of mine.

evs
15-10-04, 16:20
Evs, if you could point me in the direction of this "RP Heavy" server for Neocron it would be most appreciated. The most Roleplay I've seen is...well...I'm sure you've seen "that" thread of mine.

Pandore :)
Im english, but im enjoying it. Yeah you get the odd 'trade flames' - but the emails from other clan leaders, faction meetings and general r'pk' instead of 'pk everything that moves' is good.

Im sorry i've not seen your thread yet, I will do a search when i have more time.

GIJ0e
15-10-04, 16:43
Secondly, aren't "massive" timesinks part of the MMORPG experience? Third, I can manage and I'm sure as heck not the only one, so why can't you?

are you saying massive timesinks are a good thing?

just coz something is the way it is doesnt mean its right :)

IceStorm
15-10-04, 16:57
If that's the case then it's now become a huge timesink :/It's not as bad as it was. They've made all the database items buildable using the same set of parts, and those parts are now at all FSMs (MNPU #34300). Once player shops are in, it'll be easier. Tech Haven is a decidedly faction-neutral zone and I expect that having stores there will help.

Unfortunately, 10Tacle pushed NC2 out early and KK can't put the items in their regular places, then revert later (cabinets will be stuffed full prior to the cutover date), so we're stuck with the warped system we're using now, sans player stores and item tracking. About the best thing to do now is get your FS up on all your alts...
I I have to move to TT to buy gear and then PP for drug parts.....What drug parts? PP's FSM sells the level 5 drugs, but they're buidable/clonable by anyone once they're in your hands, unless you really want the Dragon drugs...
dammit what clown thought this one upSnowCrash, Dribble Joy, and Jesterthegreat, to name three.

Idola
15-10-04, 16:59
are you saying massive timesinks are a good thing?

just coz something is the way it is doesnt mean its right :)

No, I'm saying that "massive" timesinks are part of all MMORPGs and that, quite frankly, you don't appear to have played many of them if you think getting 90+ faction loyalty is some sort of epic, year-long quest. Hell, if you want to REALLY know what grinding loyalty is then go play Star Wars: Galaxies for a while.

Can gaining loyalty be dull at times? Sure.

Can it be improved? Absolutely.

Is it so bad that the world splits down the middle and your entire life is consumed by it? No. That's just being silly.

IceStorm
15-10-04, 17:10
FSMs are bugged since 113. They don't talk to you, even with 90+ symp. It's a known issue. Check the patch thread.

No FSMs, no HackNet databases. The only thing left to do is level alts to 90+ symp for the time when things are fixed...

evs
15-10-04, 17:41
FSMs are bugged since 113. They don't talk to you, even with 90+ symp. It's a known issue. Check the patch thread.

check the date / time i posted - its pre 113

GIJ0e
15-10-04, 18:01
No, I'm saying that "massive" timesinks are part of all MMORPGs and that, quite frankly, you don't appear to have played many of them if you think getting 90+ faction loyalty is some sort of epic, year-long quest. Hell, if you want to REALLY know what grinding loyalty is then go play Star Wars: Galaxies for a while.

Can gaining loyalty be dull at times? Sure.

Can it be improved? Absolutely.

Is it so bad that the world splits down the middle and your entire life is consumed by it? No. That's just being silly.

i think one of us is taking this conversation entirely too seriously

plus getting the symp is no prob, but changing faction at 300k a pop to buy a pistol eye 3 is a touch annoying. for example.

i dont want to play Swg, or i already would be. too many timesinks ;)

Dribble Joy
15-10-04, 18:15
Hotfixed.

IceStorm
15-10-04, 18:22
check the date / time i posted - its pre 113111 or 112 changed it to what it's supposed to be - you can only talk to your own faction's FSM. If you're still not able to talk to your own FSM and you have 90+ sympathy with the FSM, then there's a problem and you should mail helpdesk...

Doc Holliday
15-10-04, 20:04
deals can be brokered in a neutral ground. why u fools think th is clear and neutral and safe. doy and nc can meet and trade. it does happen. some reds and some blues will inadvertantly (sp?) be friends. im gonna make a fucking fortune doing that :)

joran420
15-10-04, 20:15
actually tbh if PvP in SWG was like NC PvP, swg would be a pretty decent game

GIJ0e
15-10-04, 22:48
deals can be brokered in a neutral ground. why u fools think th is clear and neutral and safe. doy and nc can meet and trade. it does happen. some reds and some blues will inadvertantly (sp?) be friends. im gonna make a fucking fortune doing that :)

pandore really isnt like other servers, BT / TT players do actually refuse to sell stuff to enemy factions, i dont mean charge ludicrous prices, i mean refuse to sell you things.

when you consider most of the anti city factions have absolute shite, both normally and epic "rewards" a moveon or a pp resisistor compared to a shitty rifle or 3 destrosol forte every hour, whoop de doo lol, the only decent anti city epic reward is the crahn glove imo. the rest are a complete waste of time and effort, couple that with the fact that city has all the decent imps, you have not only a timesink trading system (assuming you can get a trade at all) but also an unbalanced one, no anti city faction offers anything worth trading for level 3 eyes or brain imps :(