PDA

View Full Version : Leveling Help for a noob Engineer

Asul
14-10-04, 21:46
Hi folks, me was a little boring, so I stardet an engineer, went to my Apartment and stuck a little bit :(

What to do now? I have no experience with an engineer and I think many noobs like me, who only played pvp Chars heven*t either.

Please, tell *us* how to setup at best the Char at Creation, how to get in the job (without run through the severs and kill Spiders when possibel ;) )

My Hollyday Char is on Terra and I would like to have some fun and lvl a little bin my skills

Please Help!

BradSTL
17-11-04, 22:01
You can get a good start by running Construction missions for your faction, at a TL equal to half of your CST skill rounded up. It's easy, no risk money and the best way to raise your other stats like STR, CON, and PSI as well.

After that, the fastest way to raise INT and DEX is with a drone. See the Rigger forum for advice on how to power-level up a droner. You'll be slightly hurting your drone's flight range and damage output by having only the minimum Willpower and putting all the INT points into CST, but you can still level up at a pretty good clip.

Then when you get to the point where you're running CST missions at TL100+ (and making money constructing), if you want the WPW points back you can use Loss of Memory (LOM) pills.

Skusty
08-03-05, 15:20
In nc1 with my rifle spy that csts :wtf: i did lvl thrue making TangentGrenades lol... each time u did succses u got a lvl :D

Jesterthegreat
09-03-05, 14:42
After that, the fastest way to raise INT and DEX is with a drone. See the Rigger forum for advice on how to power-level up a droner. You'll be slightly hurting your drone's flight range and damage output by having only the minimum Willpower and putting all the INT points into CST, but you can still level up at a pretty good clip.

i disagree... i think HN is best xp now, followed by drones of course

Bugs Gunny
09-03-05, 14:48
Hacknet is realy good xp, but so is aoe drones.
The cool thing is if you can do both on one char, it's way less boring.

Jesterthegreat
10-03-05, 01:49
Hacknet is realy good xp, but so is aoe drones.
The cool thing is if you can do both on one char, it's way less boring.

possible... but higher levels you gotta be pure for the best xp

imper1um
18-03-05, 22:20
If you seriously want to level, make a Researcher, putting all points in that. Build up Research to 200, then start working on CST. That will make a really fast engineer. Research jobs can be done over and over, while CST jobs can only be done once every job.

Kuya
21-03-05, 13:30
it might be smart to put some of your dex points into vhc, so you can drive a rhino, and then get a tank to gun it you'll get massive xp, when ur low level

Vae Victis
08-05-05, 03:21
it might be smart to put some of your dex points into vhc, so you can drive a rhino, and then get a tank to gun it you'll get massive xp, when ur low level we can cap 2 chars by doing this in 2-3 days :D

gunner and driver = win

vashtyphoon78
30-06-05, 02:20
no victus gunner+driver on 1 char= teh win :P go blow grim chasers ballz off as a PE then drive ur rhino to the next one =D